Money 2004 Cash Bal mismatch

Hi ...

I am using Money 2004 Business VErsion to monitor my investments.

Money is displaying anapparent  mismatch in the "cash" associated with
one of the accounts I track.

When looking at my portfolio in "performance" mode, Money displays a
cash value balance that is different (larger value) than the one I see
when I enter the detailed cash transaction list for the account. The
balance seen in the transaction list  is that reported by my bank.

I enter the transaction list view by double-clicking on the cash
balance row in the performance display.

I have repaired the data file and no errors were reported.

Any suggestions on how to track down this mismatch?

Many Thanks
0
TomV
9/11/2006 9:25:11 PM
money 28651 articles. 7 followers. Follow

In microsoft.public.money, TomV wrote:

>I am using Money 2004 Business VErsion to monitor my investments.
>
>Money is displaying anapparent  mismatch in the "cash" associated with
>one of the accounts I track.
>
>When looking at my portfolio in "performance" mode, Money displays a
>cash value balance that is different (larger value) than the one I see
>when I enter the detailed cash transaction list for the account. The
>balance seen in the transaction list  is that reported by my bank.
>

>I enter the transaction list view by double-clicking on the cash
>balance row in the performance display.
>
>I have repaired the data file and no errors were reported.
>
>Any suggestions on how to track down this mismatch?

See
http://support.microsoft.com/default.aspx?scid=kb;en-us;838713&Product=mny

If the Money 2004 register gives different balance when
the view is changed to show only unreconciled transactions or
in some other way, then expect to make it to method 3.

You could shortcut step 3-5 by only deleting transactions in the
copy that post-date where you are sure you did not have the problem.

Then in step 3-9, delete the entries that cover the dates that you
did not delete the transactions for.

0
via_newsgroup (13114)
9/14/2006 4:46:23 PM
On Thu, 14 Sep 2006 11:46:23 -0500, Cal Learner-- MVP
<via_newsgroup@please.tnx> wrote:

<SNIP>

Many thanks for the help...

I'll give it a try...

0
TomV
9/15/2006 5:08:33 PM
ba salam

--
??????????
????
<TomV> wrote in message news:6cnlg2tm3mtj7b932lnaervth2njd36q41@4ax.com...
> On Thu, 14 Sep 2006 11:46:23 -0500, Cal Learner-- MVP
> <via_newsgroup@please.tnx> wrote:
>
> <SNIP>
>
> Many thanks for the help...
>
> I'll give it a try...

Purchased Money Premium, got new computer, now shows trial version
I purchased and downloaded Money Premium 2006 on my old computer. It upgraded and was working fine. I then got issued a new laptop from work and had to turn the old one in. I installed it on the new one from the same web download that I upgraded the old one with and now it shows that I am running a trial version. I have tried rebooting several times, created new data files and used the same passport that I purchased it with to login. I can't think of anything else to try and am starting to get a little pissed. Can anyone help me with this as MS will not let me chat or email a ...

Money 4.0 backup file to Money 2004
I can't seem to get the old backup file to convert to Money 2004... it keeps telling me that it was created by an incompatible version. Does anyone know of a workaround? Should I see about getting an intermediate version and working from that? Thanks for any help! Gord --- Outgoing mail is certified Virus Free. Checked by AVG anti-virus system (http://www.grisoft.com). Version: 6.0.687 / Virus Database: 448 - Release Date: 16/05/2004 In microsoft.public.money, Gord Spence wrote: >I can't seem to get the old backup file to convert to Money 2004... it keeps >telling me th...

Installing Money 2006 on Two Machines?
X-No-Archive: yes Is it possible to install Money 2006 on two machines? I know there was some Activation process involved when I installed it on my Desktop. Now I want to install it on my Laptop also. Can I do that, or will it complain...? Thanks! In microsoft.public.money, John Simon wrote: > >Is it possible to install Money 2006 on two machines? I know there was some >Activation process involved when I installed it on my Desktop. Now I want to >install it on my Laptop also. Can I do that, or will it complain...? > The former. Help->About->LicenseTerms explai...

Generate New Report In Money 2004
My question is very simple. How do I generate a new report. I used the "Help" in Money 2004 & even went on the Web For the Money 2004 book. No place in there is a method to generate a new reprt from "scratch". It seems that the only way to do it is modify another report & save it. Any ideas? Thanks in advance....Marvo That is the only way to do it - find a report that is close to what you want; customise it and save it. -- Regards Bob Peel, Microsoft MVP - Money For UK tips & fixes see http://support.microsoft.com/default.aspx?scid=fh;EN-GB;mny. For wishe...

Pocket Money 2003 on Windows Mobile 2003
When I tried to install Pocket Money 2003 on my Windows Mobile 2003 machine, it does not allow me to do so and a error message pops up saying that it will only install on Pocket PC2002 machine. What should I do? Will Pocket Money 2004 do the trick? ...

Money 2003 won't allow new transactions
I just installed Money 2003 on my new laptop running XP Home and moved my .mny and backup files. Money 2003 has been running just fine on my Windows 98, Pentium II desktop for a year. I opened my checking account on my laptop and added many transactions (withdrawls and deposits) this weekend. Now when I open the program it will not allow me to add a new transaction or edit a transaction (it just blinks a little when I try). It also says "application internal error" when I just click on payees. I cannot figure out what is going on. I uninstalled and reinstalled the pro...

Double cash receipt
I have an invoice (GP 7.5 windows) that had two cash receipts applied to it. We unapplied the incorrect one but it didn't fix the amount remaining. I went in and unapplied the correct one and it doubled the amount remaining so I went into RM20101 and set the curtrxam to the proper amount and then went back and applied the correct cash receipt to the invoice which then set the balance due to 0. Then I voided the incorrect cash receipt. Besides clearing the deposit is there anything else I need to do? Nothing was showing in RM 30201 and my aging looks right. TIA I have had ...

MS Money Does not Recognize Account
I have an ING IRA account that will not automatically download or update at all. I have to update it manually. I added two IRA accounts at the same time and one updated automatically and the other does not. I have added additional ING accounts since then and they were recognized automatically as well. But this one, I cannot get automatic update to work no matter what. I have deleted it and try to get Money to find this account automatically and still nothing. It is driving me nuts. All my other accounts work, why not this one. Please advise. HERE ARE MY STEPS - and Still Will not re...

Money 2004 freezes my PC
Money 2004 Premium freezes on me all the time, forcing me to reboot my PC. At first, it seemed to consistently happen when I opened a sub-menu off the main menu. But recently it also happened while backing up and immediately after that reboot, upon launching Money, on the dialog box where it says I didn't complete the sign- up for extra special features. No other app causes this problem. Any hints? try reinstalling it and IE. -- Glyn Simpson, Microsoft MVP - Money Check http://support.microsoft.com/default.aspx?scid=fh;EN-GB;mny for UK tips and fixes for MS Money. To send M...

Money 2006
I have not archived my Money file for a couple of years - last archive was "2004 Archive.mny". I tried creating an archive using Money 2006 today and I got a file called "2006 Archive.mny" -so far so good. I told Money to back up all transactions prior to 1/1/2007. I checked all the accounts it showed me. Unfortunately the sized of my active Money file did not change and it would appear that no entries were deleted. The file is the same size as before the archive process. I opened the Archive file and it looks like there are "random" entries - some a...

Turn Money Off
How do I turn money off as my default financial program. It came on my computer but I use quicken. Whenever I download a file money opens and tries to import it. Thanks You'll have to go into Windows Explorer|Tool|Folder Options|File Types and change the association for the file types involved. "Paul Sullivan" <anonymous@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:e32601c3f008$9b4fd1d0$a501280a@phx.gbl... > How do I turn money off as my default financial program. > It came on my computer but I use quicken. Whenever I > download a file money opens and tr...

Money 2006 #21
I just formatted my drive. Backed up money 2005. Found a copy of money 2006 Installed with vista trying to restore 2006 with 2005 cant get it to work. In microsoft.public.money, oddone wrote: >I just formatted my drive. Backed up money 2005. Found a copy of money 2006 >Installed with vista trying to restore 2006 with 2005 cant get it to work. What goes wrong? ...

MS Money 98 and XP
When I download my tranactions from my bank's web site I get a massage that sends me to MS web site to upgrade my MS version (for %50.00). I just loaded XP PRO. My bank supports and sends files suited for MS money 98. Do I have to upgrade MS money or is there something I can turn off/on within XP? Darrell What is the exact message? If you are downloading from your bank's website and not having any specific issues, Money 98 works fine on XP. "Darrell" <harrisdarrell@qwest.net> wrote in message news:067f01c35ad3$d26fd6d0$a101280a@phx.gbl... > When I download ...

Money 2006
Is there a way for me to automatically assign a category for a payee? For instance, I would like to tell Money that anytime it imports a transaction that has the string "BP Oil" in it, automotically assign it to "Automobile: Gasoline". If there's no way to do this, I just can't understand why by now. People have been screaming about this ever since banks started allowing you to download statements in "money" format. ...

office 2004 install
When installing office 2004 on imac g3 600mhz 512 oxs 10.3.7, the office assistant will not run and present a window. The drag and drop option dies while copying at item 988 with an error -36 which is an io error. Have had the error multiple times, each time while copying a different file. I tried the ms solution of issuing a command at the terminal, but to no avail. This is a computer with a new hard drive. Ran disk utility and fixed everything. What to do. It's possible you have a damaged CD. Check out the Microsoft Knowledge Base for information: <http://support.microsoft.co...

Money 2002 Online Price Updates
I have recently updated my computer to VISTA and have had to re-instal Money2002 Personal and Business edition. Since then the online price updates no longer run on start up. I have to manually use the update price option and this does retrieve updated prices for the shares as expected. Does anyone kn ow how to fix the problem so that the update of prices happens automatically every 6 hours as it used to do when I was using Windos XP Home? Thanks in antcipation of getting a resolution to this problem. ...

re-install Money 2006 #2
How do I re-install 2006 without CD when I wipe my harddrive? I kept the file and re-installed in on the drive, but I am getting a Trial Version message that the trial period has expired -- but I purchesed the regular edition! Help!-- mmekeel In microsoft.public.money, mmekeel wrote: >How do I re-install 2006 without CD when I wipe my harddrive? I kept the >file and re-installed in on the drive, but I am getting a Trial Version >message that the trial period has expired -- but I purchesed the regular >edition! See http://support.microsoft.com/default.aspx?scid=kb;en-us...

Office 2004 slow to open docs
I installed 2004 the other day, and everything is ok performance-wise once docs are open, but it takes 3-10 seconds to open docs that open in less than 1 in v.X. Any ideas? In article <203356e5.0405181317.332afa2a@posting.google.com>, tsb@mac.com (bugleg) wrote: > I installed 2004 the other day, and everything is ok performance-wise > once docs are open, but it takes 3-10 seconds to open docs that open > in less than 1 in v.X. > > Any ideas? Is there any difference if the application is already open? ...

Money 2004 installation error
New Xp home edition. Money worked fine at beginning then next time I opened it I was getting the box that wanted me to install it again. I tried but kept getting error "Error 1304. Error writing to file C:\Program Files\ Microsoft Money\System\mnyolog.dll. Verify that you have access to that directory." I tried a uninstall and fresh install and get the same error. There is nothing on "error 1304" on Microsoft's Support page. I was wondering if it could be an issue with Symantec Norton's Antiviruse software that was installed before Money quit workin...

Cash Flow
I thought it should be easy for Money to watch the cash flow in/out of brokerage, but I don't see how to capture that in a Net worth comparison report. Any way to see this using a simple report in Money 2006? I currently do it manually with Excel. I'd like to see "how am I doing compared to Jan 1" so want not only " net worth", but detail showing " how much my stuff went up" AND "how much did I spend out of brokerage checking/savings this year ?" without seeing detail on every account for each month. My reason is that I just want to see th...

MS Money 2006 Delux Canadian Version
I would like to upgrade my MS Money 2004 Standard Edition to MS Money 2006 Deluxe Edition Canadian version. Does it exist? What is the website address I can review Deluxe version? Thanks. -- Using Opera's revolutionary e-mail client: http://www.opera.com/mail/ AFAIK there is only a Standard version for M2006 Canadian. See http://money.mvps.org/othersoftware.aspx Bob Peel, MVP Money "masai" <masai_chadi@hotmail.com> wrote in message news:op.sx01xct8dvcnul@chets.gv.shawcable.net... >I would like to upgrade my MS Money 2004 Standard Edition to MS Money 2006 &...

Money won't start #3
When I double-click Money, it opens initially, but then after a couple of seconds, it closes. This is before I see any logon or even any splash screen. Money used to work on this computer, a few weeks ago, but now it doesn't. I have installed several programs on the computer, most recently Google Earth, but I don't know exactly when the program stopped working. However, I believe it stopped working when I detached the external hard drive where I had my primary Money file. I copied the Money file to the internal hard drive on my laptop, but even if I double click that, Money ...

SOP Apply Cash Receipt Over Payment
Is there an option to over-apply cash and leave the credit associated with a specific invoice? The way the system is set up now, it forces the over-paid amount into a general credit on the account. For reconciliation purposes it would be advantageous to keep track of where the credit came from. For example, we invoice our client $1,000 on invoice 12345 - they pay invoice 12345 $1,200, Currently the $200 just goes on account - it would be better to actually see a negative balance of $200 on invoice 12345, if that is possible. Any ideas? We are using GP 10. Thanks, Jason No, you cannot ...

Money 2005 sign-in problems after upgrading to vista
I have just upgraded to Windows Vista from Windows XP. after installing money 2005 i tried to restore a backup into money 2005 but the progrmme just comes back with password not rocognised please try again. I can log into Live ID with the same password. thou. Can anybody help please? Have you downloaded the M2005 patch? Easiest to do this by opening sample.mny. The following has been posted many many times by Cal Learner:- Be sure that your Money (*.mny) and backup (*.mbf) files are copied to a spot that you will have full privileges to, such as Documents. If they are in a place like P...

Project Acc Detail Trial Bal Report doesn't show Project Data?
Hi, We've upgraded GP8 PA to GP9, and one difference is Purchasing using POP. For Purchasing expenses prior to our GP9 upgrade, this TB report shows Project data when selecting Document Detail. I.e. when running it currently, for transactions dated after our GP9 upgrade it doesn’t, and trx dated before the upgrade it does show Project data. I’ve traced the SQL activity during the Report run, and found it queries tables: 1. GL20000 for GL Journals 2. PA31102 for PO Rcpt Line History (legacy table shows valid Project No’s) 3. POP30310 also for PO Rcpt Line History (POP table includes Pr...