Money 2004 Bills and Deposits Question

After submitting a transaction via the Bills and Deposits
screen, Money places focus on the next instance of the
transaction (i.e., for a recurring transaction).  Is there
anyway to prevent this?  I would prefer that focus be
placed on the next transaction in the list.
0
anonymous (74722)
2/27/2004 1:07:59 PM
money 28651 articles. 7 followers. Follow

No, there doesn't appear to be a way to fix that.  I suggest reporting it to
MS via the MSWish site.  Or reporting it as a bug at their support site.
--

Semper Fi

Kevin Campbell

"With freedom goes responsibility. Sir Winston Churchill once said you can
have 10,000 regulations and still not have respect for the law. We might
start with the Ten Commandments. If we lived by the Golden Rule, there would
be no need for other laws." --Ronald Reagan

"Brent" <anonymous@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
> After submitting a transaction via the Bills and Deposits
> screen, Money places focus on the next instance of the
> transaction (i.e., for a recurring transaction).  Is there
> anyway to prevent this?  I would prefer that focus be
> placed on the next transaction in the list.

0
kcampbel (98)
2/27/2004 1:17:16 PM
Thanks for the quick response.  I went ahead a submitted
on the MSWish site - though, it probably IS a bug as I
don't know why anyone would want to go directly to the
next occurrence of the payment just submitted.
Thanks again.  (I'll just deal with it.)

0
anonymous (74722)

Mortgage Bill Set-Up
I have created a mortgage account in Money which included all required load information, and I wanted to set up an automatic bill entry. I have entered the Payment Information which as the "Amount" and category. For my mortgage, as typical, I am paying Principal, Interest, Property Taxes and Extra Prinical. I have entered what I want my loan amount to, say $1000 for example. I have than went into the "Category" to entry all the appropriate "Split" Information. I thought I was good to go, by five months later, I have noticed a problem. The P&I i...

Pivot Table Question #12
I've created a pivot table and it works well - counts the number of items in each category. What it doesn't do is count the number of blank cells. It gives me a blank category but, alas, it is blank. I want the blank category line to tell me how many blank cells I have. I know that this is possible, but just can't seem to make it work. Can someone help? Thanks! To count the blanks you could use a space character, or the formula ="", in the source data, instead of leaving the cells blank. The pivot table will be able to count those. Betty Csehi wrote: > I&#...

General question re Error Handling
hello experts This is just a general question for my own education. I've dabbled in a fair amount of Access VBA in the past, but have just started learning about Excel VBA. In Access, we would use Error Handling in almost every sub, but In Excel, error Handling seems to be the exception rather than the rule. I can't even find much about it in the Excel VBA help, and there are relatively few references to it in this forum. What gives? Just Curious Terry W. Terry, I use it all the time. My favorite approach is: Public Const bDebug as boolean = true or false (de...

SMTP - ISP Question
Hi everyone, please accept my apologies in advance if this slightly off-topic but I though this would be a good place to ask... I am looking for some recommendations for a UK ISP who will register a domain (web hosting not terribly important) and will provide me with an SMTP feed. I have the connection and the public IP addresses already so I do not need a bundled service. Many thanks to all in advance, Kapa ...

a Solver question
Hi, I am trying to use Solver to solve a scheduling problem. We get orders every Sunday, and then schedule the production for the following week. The order is as follows: Prod1 Prod2 Prod3 M 4 1 T 1 W TR 2 1 F 1 SA S 2 The numbers indicate the amount of products we need produced BY this day. And we have schedule tables for two plants like this: Plant 1: Prod1 Prod2 Prod3 M x11 x12 T x21 x22 W x31 TR .... ... ...

Mo2004
Recently ( a few months ago) I started using MS Money 2004. Previously I had been managing finances on excel with formulas I had created. This was wroking great but someone suggested to switch to financial software to make things flow a bit easier. Since using Money 2004 I have had some struggles: #1 - My budget varies from month to month (who's doesn't?). Whenever I make changes to my budget it apears to retroactivly change all previous months. How can I get it to just change any given month? Along the same lines, can I make adjustments to prior months? #2 - At the end of...

Compatiibility question
Hello Since I am going to college I qualify for the academic version of Publisher 2003. If I buy the academic version is this completely compatable with Publisher 2003? I anticipate sharing files with friends who have Publisher 2003. One other short question is when is a new version of Publisher coming out. Thanks Paul I was not aware of an Academic priced version of Publisher 2003. However, there is only one version available, so both will be 100% compatible. The next version of Publisher is due out October/November of 2006. -- Brian Kvalheim Microsoft Publisher MVP http://www....

simple checkbox question
I really dont know much about VBA and/or macros and have what probably is an extremly basic question. I wasnt sure how to word it so when trying to search it i didnt really get any answers. all I want to do is add several checkboxes to a spreadsheet, if the user checks the box, I want the cell underneath it to be equal to 1, or any number or letter, it doesnt matter. i just used 1 in an IF formula but can change it if needed. what i am doing is a timesheet so that users can keep track of how many hours they worked each day, and if that day is a holiday, i want them to be able to use the ch...

spell checker word 2004
over the years i have never had a problem with microsoft word 2004 spell checker unitl now. the symptom: create document, run spell checker, window appears: "the speling check is complete." the problem: spell check has not done its job. i have planted booby trap errors, and they remain undetected. i have gone through preferences, dictionaries etc. i THINK i know what i am doing, but obviously i do not. i have been working on computers for years, and am currently on a macbook pro 17" osx 10.4.7 a clue: i cleared out some foreign language dictionaries recently, and the pro...

Required screen resolution for Office 2004
Hi, I have a first release iBook Clamshell that sadly only has an 800x600 screen resolution. Even more unfortunately, I was going through the Office 2004 sys requirements and found a 1028x768 res was needed. Since I *very* badly need Office, I was wanting to know if anybody has gotten working Office 2004 on an 800x600? Many thanks. Hi, there was a user who posted here some time ago, and he couldn't get Office 2004 to work properly as some dialogues, such as the Save dialogue, did not show up in their entirety on an 800x600 screen. Office v.X, Office 2004's predecessor, however, ...

Assigning categories in Money Essentials
I'm just getting started with Money Essentials after years of using an earlier version of Money. I see from Help that I can't assign a category to a transaction until AFTER I clear it. This is maddening as my previous version of Money would virtually insist that I assign a category at the time of entering the transaction. This seems to require me to assign it later when I may very well have forgotten the purpose. Not as unlikely as it seems, I assure you. Q. How to assign at the time of entry, please? There's very few Essentials users here but it appears to be an almost...

Converting Quicken 2008 to Money PLus Home & Business
I have long wanted to convert my quicken files to Money. I now find that Money can not convert any Quicken file from 2007 onward. Does anyone know if this will ever be supported? If not, what is the work around? I want to use Money as the small business invoicing function seems to be a bit more flexible. Please help Joanne M. Jacksonville, FL ...

HTTP and HTTPS sessions question
Some secure sites have HTTPS session stay secure from login till end of communication with site(log off). Some sites are HTTPS only when log in, after login, they become HTTP, and become HTTPS only when log off. (Yahoo mail for example, etc) What are the chances that session can be intercepted and sidejacked and traffic content recorded, especially as I know this danger really exists, and its carried purposefully and intentionally, by recording DSL traffic. http://www.google.com/search?hl=en&source=hp&q=session+hijacking+attack&aq=3&aqi=g10&aql=&oq=sess...

Password Problem Money 2005
Money will not let me sign in to my account. I have tried signing in offline. I have tried creating a new password and signing in both online and offline. Is anyone else having this difficulty? Is there any way around this? I really need to be able to access my accounts. Thank you for any help! In microsoft.public.money, sew4asong wrote: >Money will not let me sign in to my account. I have tried signing in >offline. I have tried creating a new password and signing in both online and >offline. Is anyone else having this difficulty? Is there any way around >this?...

Money 2004 unable to import Quicken 2004 data
I have Quicken 2004 insalled and downloade the MS Money trial and trie to impotr my Quicken 2004 data but got message syaing htere were unknown transation ytpes and none of the data gets imported. Does Modey suppotr conversion from Q2004? I have the very same issue here. Money reports a successful transfer but the accounts have zero balances and no transactions. I also tried the export from Quicken and then an import to Money-- Same results. I'm hoping to get it ironed out as I've used Quicken for years but the 2004 edition sux. "Phil" <anonymous@discussions.micr...

IF Statement Question
Hello, I have the following statement that does what I want =IF(G10=3,-3,IF(G10=4,-2,IF(G10=5,-1,IF(G10=9,1,IF(G10=10,2,IF(G10=11,3,0)))))) If the random number is between 3 and 11, a value is generated, my problem is if the number is either a 2 or a 12, I want to get another number For example Random Number List 1 List 2 2 --- 8 7 0 n/a 12 --- 4 So if a number is between 3-11,...

Licensing question
Could a 2 lane license be used for a company that has 2 separate stores with separate databases that are on the same network? Could there be a 3rd computer on that network that could switch from database to database to run reports, order and receive for both of these inventories? Or would they need to get HQ? Pat You could look at the Multi-Location add-in from Retail Realm (http://www.retailrealm.us) . It may fit your needs, but the two locations would be considered a single store. What you are asking will not work though, two databases means 2 dongles. The third management station...

Offline Address book question.
Several articles about OAB referes to "siteFolderServer" attribute in AD. However I'm bit confused as to which object in AD is being referred. What I found that at least two Exchange objects has "siteFolderServer" attribute. - CN=Default Offline AddressList,CN=Offline Address Lists,CN=Address Lists Container,CN=<FIRST ORGANIZATION>,CN=MICROSOFT EXCHANGE,CN=SERVICES,CN=CONFIGURATION,DC=*,DC=local" - CN=First Administrative Group,CN=Administrative Groups,CN=<First Organization>,CN=Microsoft Exchange,CN=Services,CN=Configuration,DC=*,DC=local Can an...

M$2004 uses estimated bill amount, not downloaded amount
I just upgraded from M$2002 to M$2004, and now when I download my statements and match them to my Bills and Deposits, it records the amount in the estimate, rather than the downloaded amount. Is there an option for configuring which AMOUNT to use? Thanks, C ...

Money 2002 Error 1606 after XP SP2
Just installed SP2 on XP Pro. Now I get error 1606 every time I load Money 2002. I can get rid of the error message by clicking cancel several times. How can I fix this? In microsoft.public.money, Blackstone wrote: >Just installed SP2 on XP Pro. Now I get error 1606 every >time I load Money 2002. I can get rid of the error >message by clicking cancel several times. How can I fix >this? See if http://support.microsoft.com/default.aspx?scid=kb;en-us;315352 helps. I get the same problem. When ever I start up my computer, I get an error message about Money 2002 not...

MSN Bill Pay with money 2001
Can someone point me to a set of instructions for setting up Bill Payment from Money 2001. I already have Metavant setup but they are canceling their service at the end of this month. I setup the online portion but when I try to setup the Money 2001 portion I only gives me an option of Checkfree, Metavant, and Bank of Manchester. How can I get MSN Bill pay to showup? Thanks Wade It works fine with Money 2003. I don't know if it will work with Money 2001. Jeff "Wade" <wade.markham@framatome-anp.com> wrote in message news:013f01c34b01$105b5f60$a501280a@phx.gbl......

VLookup in Excel 2007
In Excel 2003, when you looked up in the Criteria table, the identifier you chose had to be on the end and in alpha numeric order. Is this still the case? If I was to vlook up in multible tables and generate my own unique information, Can I go to a table created in the vlookup and use it even if it is not in alpha numeric order? Is there a work around? I don't really understand your question, but the quick answer is that there is no change in Vlookup from 2003 to 2007. You have always been able to use a table that wasn't in order by using False as the fourth parameter....

Old Money
Hi Im sorry to bother you guys but I have a question re "money". It seems that my "cash acccount" is not included in the overall picture, the balance of this account is not reflected on the "home" page. When I go to "Review your current budget status" page it says I have no income (wages & salary) at all when there clearly is income going into the cash account. The figures relating to the cash account dont seem to influence any totals. Sorry this is a bit hard to understand but its difficult to explain. Hope you can help me. Moose. ...

Charting/ Graph question

MS Money for Windows Mobile 5.0
Is there a version of MS Money that will run on Windows Mobile 5.0? If not, will one be available soon? Thanks for any info. See the thread below "Sync Problem with Windows Mobile 5". Apparently, you will only be able to sync with a WM5.0 device when the new version of Money is released (usually Sept each year). In the meantime, if you own a WM5 device, then you can sync with Quicken 2006, but not with Money 2006. Go figure. "Bryan Cox" wrote: > Is there a version of MS Money that will run on Windows Mobile 5.0? If not, > will one be available soon? >...