Money 2004 #98

Hi,

I lost my hard drive that had the USA Money 2002 program but have the Money
backup files on a flash drive. I do not recall using a password with Money
2002.

I installed a new licensed copy of Money 2004 on a different hard drive.
Will this work and what are the steps to get the backup files to open in
Money 2004. I am able to get the Money 2004 program to open but cannot get it
to read anything from the files.
Many thanks.
Smith
0
Smith1 (93)
2/2/2009 5:46:07 PM
money 28651 articles. 7 followers. Follow

In microsoft.public.money, Smith wrote:

>I lost my hard drive that had the USA Money 2002 program but have the Money
>backup files on a flash drive. I do not recall using a password with Money
>2002.
>
>I installed a new licensed copy of Money 2004 on a different hard drive.
>Will this work and what are the steps to get the backup files to open in
>Money 2004. I am able to get the Money 2004 program to open but cannot get it
>to read anything from the files.

If you have a *.mbf file, use File->Restore. Do not restore to the
"default location", but instead Browse to your Documents folder and
select a name for the Money file.
0
via_newsgroup (13114)

Money and PocketPC 2002
I am currently using Money 2003 (French version) on my laptop and would like to synchronize with Money PocketPC 2002 (English Version). As-of-today, it does not seem that both versions are compatible (why?). Any solutions for me??? Thanks in advance for your help. Mario This is a common question, also for desktop versions. The regionalised versions of Money are very very different although the user interface may look the same. What actually happens is that each version has to be customised for local tax laws and all fiscal rules, so it is not surprising that they will not interwork. ...

Dallas Banks supported by Money
I'm in Dallas and Compass Bank has gotten ridiculous with their fees. Friends have told me about their banks, but I want one that I can automatically download my transactions within Money. I don't want one I would have to connect to their website and click a file to download. Any recommendations for banks that you are actually happy with?? Is Wachovia in Dallas? It's a good bank for me. I live in Florida. There are plenty of ATMs. Regular banking and online banking is free with reasonable minimum balances. I think online banking may be free, period. Interest rates aren&...

Importing Invoices in QIF to Microsoft Money
I can create QIF from my data, but is there a support from any version of Microsoft Money to import Invoices in QIF format or another format, where is information about: Customer, Invoice No., Date, Project name, Item, Quantity? Eventually specify that item was paid and then to which account. Thank you Yanno ...

Money 2004 'PAY FROM'...a bug?
I just downloaded the trial version of Money 2004 which was installed over Money 2003 (Microsoft recommended). When I go to make an electronic payment there is NOTHING in the drop-down dialog box for 'PAY FROM' (there should be my checking account information). Incidentally 'PAY TO' and 'CATEGORY' work fine and have all the data that I had in Money 2003. Any one else experiencing this problem? Does anyone have a solution before I switch back to Money 2003? Thanks a lot for your help. Bob If I'm not mistaken the Bill Pay option is disabled in the trial vers...

It's official Money 05 bites
I was originally very enthusiastic about Money 2005. It seemed to do everything for me. But now I realize when it doesn't do everything right, there's no blasted way to fix it, they don't fix bugs, and their technical support is all but worthless. I can't include Investment accounts in the budget? What the heck is that? And the bug whereby the budget ends up with doubled up amounts for automatic bills is a PITA, basically my budget is now worthless. Yes, I'm fuming. My investment accounts are listed as selectable for the budget. Personally I do not use them in that...

Dates getting corrupted in Microsoft Money 2005
Does anyone else have this issue? Money is corrupting the transaction dates in my data. Account balances reconcile and all the transactions are there, but the dates of the transactions are getting progressively corrupted for some reason. Especially problematic as I'm trying to do my tak returns at the moment and nothing reconciles to the expected totals. I am on MM 2005. My data goes back to 1995 and my Money file is around 22MB in size. * Is there a later version I should try? * Should I re-install? * Can I recover or correct this data without going back to old archives (fortun...

Money Advertising Icons on desktop
I have recently seen two icons appear on my desktop for BankOne Offers and ING Direct. I am guessing that they are from Money (2004 Pro) since every time I delete them and restart Money they reappear. Has anyone else experienced this? Is there a way to get rid of them? This seems like a cheap trick Microsoft is using to fill their pockets. I use M04 Deluxe and have for a year and do not get such icons on my desktop. "AdamB" <anonymous@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:1e0c01c4a1bf$21fd7260$a401280a@phx.gbl... >I have recently seen two icons appea...

Due date VS processing date in Money '06
This is really bothering me. In my previous version, when I entered a due date for an epay, my register showed that date. It didn't remind me that I need to have XXX dollars in my account on due date - 4 and then change the date in my register to due date - 4. I want my register to show the due date I entered. I have enough sense to know I need money in my account. How can I change this? The check box about using processing date instead of entered date is NOT checked. Did my upgrade magically switch me to a bill payment service that is actually drafting my account early and pu...

Can't Open or Corrupt Report Money Plus Deluxe File
When I want to export a report using the .CSV format, I get an error that the file is corrupt or the file type is wrong. Thus the file cannot be opened in MS Spreadsheet. After a little investigation, I found that my version Money deluxe (17.0120.1415) is generating a corrupt CSV file. The work around to the issue is to open the csv file with Notepad.Go to the very last line of information in the file, press enter and then hold the delete key to remove and excess spaces. Save and close the file. Now the file can be opened with the spreadsheet. This error never occured when MS Money ...

Process id ...win 98
Hi, How to get the process id under win98 working environment. plz reply. vinay You may try Process32First/Process32Next win32 API. Your question does not specify the circumstances under which you wish to obtain the process ID. Any specific requirements ? Regards, Tan "Vinay" <v.sheel@mailcity.com> wrote in message news:%239O2x22%23DHA.2512@TK2MSFTNGP11.phx.gbl... > Hi, > How to get the process id under win98 working environment. > > plz reply. > > vinay > > I want to do it at kernel level.I am writing a filter driver. PsGetCurrentProcessId(...

Microsoft Money Plus Deluxe 2007
I am using Money Plux Deluxe 2007. When transactions are downloaded from automatic updates and the transaction is a previously scheduled/recurring transaction it matches the transaction for the following month. For example if I have a recurring scheduled transaction for the 10th of the month, when the transaction processes thru my bank and is automatically downloaded to my money file it always matches to the transaction scheduled for the 10th of the following month. Is there anything I can do to prevent this from happening? I would appreciate any suggestions. Thank you. Ernie.........

installing money
message says cant install beacuse of norton anti virus how do i solve this 1. Disconnect from Internet. 2. Uninstall Norton. 3. Install Money. 4. Install Norton. 5. Reconnect to Internet. -- Regards Bob Peel, Microsoft MVP - Money Hints/Tips http://support.microsoft.com/default.aspx?scid=fh;EN-GB;mny UK Wishes/Suggestions mnyukwsh@microsoft.com "eddyhoi@shaw.ca" <anonymous@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:7b3c01c402ef$ae696ac0$a301280a@phx.gbl... > message says cant install beacuse of norton anti virus how > do i solve this Forgive...

Transfering Money files from XP to Vista
I have MS Money Plus installed on a desktop running on XP and have created a backup of this Money file and saved it to a flash drive. I also have Money installed on a different desktop with Vista and want to restore that same backup, but am unable to do so. I have changed the backup location as well as tried several ways of transfering the data (via email and on a CD) with the same results. I have tried several backups to eliminate the possibility of a damaged file. I am all out of ideas, BUT need to restore this backup on the Vista PC, is there anything else I can do? 1) Don't...

Money 2006
I sold my home and paid off the mortgage. How does one payoff the mortgage in Money??? The logical approach seems to be that it is closed by a money transfer done by the titile company that handled the escrow for the sale. I sat down with the HUD doc from the title comapany and proceded to enter all the money movements therin (sale tax, net pay, commissions, etc...) but when it cam down to enter a category for the mortgage payoff, there is no way to make a transfer to the lown account (the loan account is not offered as a possible money tranfer account). So how does one enter a HUD st...

Road Map for MS Money after 2008?
i read on news that MS is discountinung Money at retail stores, is Ms Money set to close the doors? i am curious to find out the future of MS Money and if i should use Ms Money or Quicken products as they ahve a clear road map, i am not even sure if MS Money is on main stream applications for MS? All good questions. See the thread Microsoft Money Plus and future versions for all we know which isn't much. To your question "is MS Money a mainstream application for MS?" No. Hasn't been so for a decade or so. Office is mainstream. Money is "rock in shoe". "...

Money 2003 for Business vs. Quicken home and Business?
Trying to find out from someone who has used both, if the Money for business software offers better features than Quicken Home & Business? Hello, I'm still in the process of converting from Money D&B to Quicken H&B, so I'm still using both programs until I get everything I want into Quicken. The whole reason I am switching back to Quicken is because of the business features. It took MS 5 years to finally add item discounts to invoices, something Quicken had back in 2000. However they still do not support surcharges, invoice line notes, credit memos, accounts payable,...

Money 2007 just stopped allowing me to enter transactions
Money 2007 delivered a "need to close" error message. When I opened up Money again, I can't enter transactions. The form appears but when you click "New" or "Edit," nothing happens. Similarly, nothing happens when I double click on a transaction to edit it. I have opened and closed Money and rebooted with no success. Do I need to reinstall Money? Have you tried a File Repair from the Money drop down File menu? -- Regards Bob Peel, Microsoft MVP - Money For UK tips & fixes see http://support.microsoft.com/default.aspx?scid=fh;EN-GB;mny. I do ...

transaction lost in 2004
I just upgraded from 2003 to 2004 yesterday. All went well. Today I did my usual daily Internet Update and one statement showed a newly downloaded transaction in my checking account. The problem is that it's not visible. In 2003 there would be a bold Accept/something for the newly downloaded transaction. Then I'd either accept it or edit it or whatever and the bold choices would go away. None of my transactions have this, nor can I see any newly changed transaction. I changed my view to "all transactions" and went back through all of them to 1997 thinking maybe an ol...

Money Plus with Vista
I am a Quicken 2007 user. I have a new computer with Vista. Quicken and Vista do not play well together, therefore, I am inquiring about Vista and Money Plus. Any compatibility issues? Also, I notice (on the Money website) that the Quicken converter only works through Quicken 2006. Any one have any further info on that. Thank you. -- Mary In microsoft.public.money, SE Louisiana wrote: >I am a Quicken 2007 user. I have a new computer with Vista. Quicken and >Vista do not play well together, therefore, I am inquiring about Vista and >Money Plus. Any compatibility issu...

Converting Money to the Canadian settings
I use Money 2002 Deluxe and Business. I have converted my BASE currency to CAD$, but the TAX option still appears in my menu bar. I did what the help suggested and changed back to USD, reopened Money, and changed back to CAD$. The BASE currency changes fine, but the TAX menu won't disappear!! The Help says that if the TAX menu is visible then the US settings are being used. Anyone have any ideas on why it won't change to the Canadian settings? Thanks Neal Reply to nvinjapan@yahoo.ca >-----Original Message----- >I use Money 2002 Deluxe and Business. > >I have...

Money 2004 Report Headers #3
Hi, WIN XP - All SP2 Upgrades - MONEY 2004 SO HARD TO GIVE A CLEAR EXPLANATION!!! In the Monthly Report, where it lists MAIN Categories and SUB categories: Over and above the Main Categories and Sub Categories, MS Money provides another level of categories and I do not like the way Money sorts them. I can't find anywhere, where I might delete these main categories. Desparate! Thanks very much! Mike ...

Money 2006 Standard
Hi all, I've been using Money 99 for several years and I'm thinking about migrate to Money 2006 Standard. However, I'm not sure if I'll be able to register stocks in my investments menu as I do with Money 99. For example, in Money 99 I can register my stocks (from the mexican market) and capture the price of sale and adquisition, and costs of comissions. Thay way I register my portafolio of stocks and investments. However I'm not sure if I'll get this functionality with Money 2006 Standard or if I'd need to buy Money Deluxe or Premium instead. Thanks for ...

Microsoft Money 2005 and Windows Vista
I have a new computer with Windows Vista. My Microsoft Money 2005 is working however when I try to generate a report, I get the following message: 'This feature is not available until the upgrade is complete." And then it shows 1% complete but no matter how long I leave the computer run, it does not upgrade any further. Does anyone have any ideas? If I need to upgrade the product, what should I purchase? I am only going to run this software until the end of the year and then am switching to QuickBooks but I need the reports for tax purposes. In microsoft.public.money, pam5924@g...

Using Target.Address in Excel 98
Hi I have a code which as Target.Address which works in Excel 2000 but will not work in excel 98. Does anyone know what code to use for when a workbook change is to take affect. The current code which works in Excel 2000 is below: Private Sub Worksheet_Change(ByVal Target As Range) If Target.Address = "$G$26" Then If Range("G26") = "Other" Then ActiveSheet.Unprotect Sheets("Recording Sheet").Range("E28") = "Please speficy:" Sheets("Recording Sheet").Range("G28:I28").Interior.ColorIndex = 2 ...

adding spouse's account to the existing money file
Hi, I want to add ( or create) a spouse account. As some of the features in money does require the account holder like in Retirement account, I have to specify the account holder. Till now we donot havd any problems as both use joint chequing, savings, credit accounts. Even the assets are also joint. So till now we had not have any problem so created as single account holder but when retirement accounts come into picture I have different account and she has a different account. But for now both specified as belongs to me, but that doesnot resolve the issue. Is there any way I can create...