Money 2004 #96

Is there a way to create a new blank "Report" from scratch? My Money 2004
seems to want to create a new "report" by recalling an old report and
customizing it?  Thanks anyone!--
MartyJ
0
MartyJ (3)
7/14/2008 9:00:01 PM
money 28651 articles. 7 followers. Follow

In microsoft.public.money, MartyJ wrote:

>Is there a way to create a new blank "Report" from scratch? My Money 2004
>seems to want to create a new "report" by recalling an old report and
>customizing it?  Thanks anyone!--

I would first select a report from the Reports list and Reset the
report. Then Customize. Save that as a Favorite if you like.

Does that answer your question?

0
via_newsgroup (13114)
7/14/2008 9:07:36 PM
Thank you, Cal. Let me see if I understand. Apparently then, one must always
start with the Reports Gallery.  And, in my case, some data always pops up
upon selecting any type of report.  So, in order to clear out the existing
data, I should first click the Reset button (if its not grayed out),
customize and then save to my Favorites.  Have I got it?
--
MartyJ

"Cal Learner-- MVP" wrote:

> In microsoft.public.money, MartyJ wrote:
>
> >Is there a way to create a new blank "Report" from scratch? My Money 2004
> >seems to want to create a new "report" by recalling an old report and
> >customizing it?  Thanks anyone!--
>
> I would first select a report from the Reports list and Reset the
> report. Then Customize. Save that as a Favorite if you like.
>
> Does that answer your question?

0
MartyJ (3)
7/15/2008 2:23:00 PM
In microsoft.public.money, MartyJ wrote:

>Thank you, Cal. Let me see if I understand. Apparently then, one must always
>start with the Reports Gallery.

If you want to start from the default report, yes. If you wanted to
continue with whatever you had Customized previously, then no.

>  And, in my case, some data always pops up
>upon selecting any type of report.  So, in order to clear out the existing
>data, I should first click the Reset button (if its not grayed out),
>customize and then save to my Favorites.  Have I got it?

Yes, except if the report is only of temporary of interest, then you
would not save it to your Favorites.
0
via_newsgroup (13114)
7/15/2008 4:15:58 PM
Thanks so much!  A big help!
--
MartyJ

"Cal Learner-- MVP" wrote:

> In microsoft.public.money, MartyJ wrote:
>
> >Thank you, Cal. Let me see if I understand. Apparently then, one must always
> >start with the Reports Gallery.
>
> If you want to start from the default report, yes. If you wanted to
> continue with whatever you had Customized previously, then no.
>
> >  And, in my case, some data always pops up
> >upon selecting any type of report.  So, in order to clear out the existing
> >data, I should first click the Reset button (if its not grayed out),
> >customize and then save to my Favorites.  Have I got it?
>
> Yes, except if the report is only of temporary of interest, then you
> would not save it to your Favorites.

0
MartyJ (3)

How zoom/increase font size of Office 2004 "Help" text?
Font sizes can be set for Word, Excel and Entourage. You also can zoom in to enlarge the View of text in Office 2004 components´┐Ż documents. How does one do this with the small-font text in Help? Respectfully, Norm On 9/14/04 1:36 AM, in article BD6BFBA9.49F3%nnager@vnoxsxpxaxmv.fullerton.edu, "Norman R. Nager, Ph.D." <nnager@vnoxsxpxaxmv.fullerton.edu> wrote: > Font sizes can be set for Word, Excel and Entourage. You also can zoom in > to enlarge the View of text in Office 2004 components´┐Ż documents. > > How does one do this with the small-font text in Help...

Money Break Up
I am also wondering if there is a way to take a $ value and get it broken down to the notes/coin required for cash. e.g. is I have to pay $285.75 then it might look like this $285.75 5 under the $50 column, 1 under the $20 column, 1 under the $10 column, 1 under the $5 column, 1 under the 50cent column and 1 under the ..20cent column and 1 under the .5cent column. Thanks Mel Hi Mel In cells C1:M1 enter 50, 20, 10 etc. through to .01 for the denominations you wish to pay. In A2 enter the amount to be paid. Leave column B totally blank in cell C2 enter =INT(ROUND(($A2-SUMPRODUCT(($B$...

Import gif to Word or PowerPoint 2004
After inserting a gif-graphic into a Word or PowerPoint-file, then saving, closing and opening the file again, I get instead of the graphic a black box. Any hints? I use MacOSX.3.4 and I just updated my office to mac-office 2004. In mac-office X I did not have this problems. Thanks Florian ...

Microsoft Money 2006
I recently recieved a Laptop with Vista and Microsoft Money 2006 installed. I am unable to connect to Countrywide Mortgage to download my account. It continues to say, try again later. Any suggestions. I called Countrywide and they have no information for me. Thanks, Net -- Net ...

Trouble Restoring Backup of Money 2002 to 2004
Let's continue the conversation on restoring backups a little bit. My HD crashed so I decided to upgrade to Money 2004 on the new disk. But now I can't restore my old data that goes back years. When I double click on the old mny or mbf files Money 2004 locks after trying to convert for a few seconds. Even the floppy backup I had will not work becuase the floopy can't be read for some reason. Am I screwed? Your thoughts are valued! Bob Can you copy the backup floppy to your hard disk? Try that and then try restoring from there. -- Regards Bob Peel, Microsoft MVP -...

from money to currency
Hi gurus I ned help on the following: I have a field on my table with data type Money, this field holds the data with 4 decimal digits. I am been request to present this information on a report but with 2 decimal and in currency, it has to convert from 4 decimal places to two decimal places. I need to do this convertion in my query? so it gets the info from the money field and then cast it to two decimal in my query,so I can use my query directly to present the info D.. hope this is not too confuse for you gurus, because I am getting dizzy already Thanks a bunch for...

Corrupt MS Money Backup File
On accident, I deleted my ms money file, and it is long gone, although I tried an undelete program. I tried to restore my backup file, however, disk 1 was unreadable. I was able to recover the mbf file from the floppy using some special software, but still MS Money says it is corrupt. I even tried the repair utility in MS Money. Does anyone else have any ideas? Any help would be appreciated. Thanks, Kevin ...

MS Money Bank Accounts and Credit Cards Not Updating
Is anyone else having trouble getting their bank accounts and credit accounts to update? For the last TWO WEEKS! I have been waiting patiently to look at account transactions. When I update accounts, my account homepage shows that I have X transactions to read; but when I click to read the updates, they are not in my register. No number of iterations and refreshes has got the updates to show up. Money info central has had the same unhelpful message for the last week or so: "You may experience problems getting accounts to update in MSN Money or within Money 2005 or 2006.We are w...

Can't Uninstall 2004 to Install 2005
I installed 2004 Deluxe via web download. I have bought the 2005 Deluxe installation CD. When trying to install 2005, it recommends that 2004 be uninstalled and offers to do it for me. The uninstallation stops when it cannot find the money.msi file anywhere. I don't have this file on my computer anymore (not sure if I ever had it). I would like to cleanly uninstall 2004 to install 2005. Any suggestions? In microsoft.public.money, Ted Medler wrote: >I installed 2004 Deluxe via web download. I have bought >the 2005 Deluxe installation CD. > >When trying to install 2...

How can I add transaction while using the online version of money
Ok... when I first bought Money several years ago and installed it on my home computer, I could then login while at work via the passport and see the information that I had entered on my home computer. If I purchased something during the day I could go online and add the transaction which was great way to know at any given moment what my TRUE balance was in my account. Now when I check my Money account online from work I can see all the information I've entered at home but now there is no way to add a new transaction other then from my home computer where I have Money installed. ...

2004 to 2005
2005 created alot of bogus duplicate accounts with negative balances and e-pay and a-pay are not an option any longer in pay bills even though billpay is active. Been on the phone with tech support 4 times in the last week last time they said they'd call back with an answer--it's been 3 days. Anyone have any ideas? I'm a longtime user of money and like it but 2005 has really messed things up. Tech support has created alot of backups on my comp. hard to tell if I have any good ones anymore. Thanks Sorry for the duplicate but error came up on posting and said to "try...

OWA and ISA 2004
We are migrating from Exchange 5.5 to Exchange 2003. We have about 150 Users of which only 80 are in the main office and the rest work from home/on the road. Many of them were useing OWA in Exchange 5.5 for email. In the new envoirnment we are considering putting an ISA 2004 server in our DMZ and connecting this directly to our Exchange server on the Internal LAN. (No Front End Exchange Server) Is this option recomended from a security/performance perspective? We do not really want the expense of an additional Front End Exchange server if it is not really needed. The alternative wou...

Money 2004 Install Wizard won't come back :(
I need to find out how to get the initial setup wizard to run. I was going through the initial set up of accounts, but had to stop. I closed Money, assuming that it would save to that point and re-open to where I was. But now when I start money, it does not give me the wizard. It opens to the program home page. I tried uninstalling the program (not that much was entered, so it was no big thing), but it still opens on the money home page when I re-install and open it again. What do I need to do to get it to start fresh???? Please help. Thanks Remove the "FOUR YOU" in my emai...

Money 2002 downloading statments from bank
While downloading transactions from my bank (OFX) I have noticed that the amounts in the "Downloaded:" frame do not match my totals in my account. This used to work. I am not sure how to rectify this. The items in this frame does work Thanks ...

Manually importing stock price history en masse into Money 2005
Hi, I have Money 2005 Deluxe (Didn't see any reason to upgrade to later versions, not much functional/features difference). I want to see how my investment portfolio did over a period of time (say 10 years). Since I installed Money in year 2005, I have all stock prices updates automatically since then (by using online stock price updates.) But I want to see performance before 2005 for historical and statistical purposes of my portfolio analysis. I can get all historical stock prices in Excel or text or in some other comma delimited format from MSN or Yahoo Finance (right from the ...

Can't start Money: Error on file "mnyob99.dll"
My OS is WinXP Home Ed. I just bought Money 2004 Standard. After installation, I tried to start the application but an error occured and shut it down. Error Msg: AppName: msmoney.exe AppVer: 12.0.0.613 ModName: mnyob99.dll ModVer: 12.0.0.613 Offset: 000dc6e5 Does anyone know how to overcome this? Thanks. Patrick Try the instructions in the article below to Modify the Shortcut: http://support.microsoft.com/default.aspx?scid=kb;en-us;181008&Product=mny "Patrick" <cwt@idirect.ca> wrote in message news:03f101c3b253$ddb65690$a501280a@phx.gbl... > My OS is WinXP ...

Money 2006, QFX & 2 Years Online Services
I am thinking about moving from Quicken 2002 to Mny 2006. My Banks provide QFX files. The way I've been using these is to logon to their web sites directly, download and save the qfx files, then double-click on them to open Quicken and import. I've tested opening the files with Mny06 and it seems to work ok. So, will I be able to continue doing this even after the 2 years of online services expire? I don't seem to be using any of their services with what I do. Thanks very much. Yes, you will. you just won't get the msn updates like quotes and automatic downloads. "pl...

Opening money 99 file on Money 2005
Hello Tried to open a money 99 file on money 2005. It says it's about to convert the old file to the new format, and make a backup before that. The progress window comes up and there's some progress until in the end i get the message "Money cannot open this file because it was created by an incompatible version". I created this file firstly on Money 98 and upgraded it later to 99 format. Any tips on how i can get my old file (been working on this file for 7 years, would hate to have it lost or not available with new version of Money) thanks In microsoft.public.mone...

Money Stopped Working Problem Solved! (or at least explained)
After the SP1 update my Money Plus Deluxe on Vista Ultimate would "stop working" when I selected Portfolio or Help. It turns out that the problem was a conflict with my Roboform program which is a password fill-in program that attaches itself to web pages in order to automatically enter my personal information. Because Portfolio and Help look like web pages to Roboform, it tries to attach and apparently crashes Money. If I stop Roboform before starting Money all is well. Alternatively, I can start Money "as administrator" and that will work too. In microsoft.publi...

Money 2000 move
Hi Everyone, I am using Money 2000. I just bought a new computer and today I would like to transfer all my data. What is the best way to do this with MS Money 2000 so I don't loose any of the data or application setting? Many thanks, Anguel You will have to reinstall the application from the original CD. Copy over the .MNY data file(s) using a network, CD, or USB flash drive. Some settings will be lost in the new installation--printer settings for check alignment come to mind immediately--but some are stored in the data file. Best bet is to open both Options|Settings and comp...

Here's another good one... (Money 2005)
Money's Online Services for my Credit Union have downloaded my auto loan as a credit card. I can't change the account type and I can't merge it with another account. Does anyone know how to link the online services with my "REAL" loan account? || Aaron ...

MS Money is driving me crazy!
Hi, I make more data entry mistakes because of the "default" and auto entries in MS Money', in the posting of checks and deposits, and also in budget items and reports. My entries are not identical as MONEY would believe, so the automatic repetition of the prior entry, date, amount, payee, etc causes me much distress. I'd rather hand type the entry from the start, than have to erase the auto entry and retype. .. One area where there is no auto entry and there should be, is after posting a check or a deposit, the next empty line should be ready for data. I expect it would ...

Word 2004 Filenames as autotext
I frequently place file names in footers using AutoText. Suddenly Word is adding "FILENAME" before my file name. There are also a grayed-out box before and after the text. So "file.doc" is now "FILENANE file.doc." How do I get Word to just add the file name without "FILENAME" and these boxes? I've been using Word since it was first introduced. Sometimes I think that this program has just become far too cumbersome. Thanks for your help. E. Volchok In article <1180564378.495744.312060@h2g2000hsg.googlegroups.com>, edvolchok@nyc.rr.com wrot...

MS Money Deluxe
I recently downloaded Money Deluxe 2008 to try it out, and would like to import my Quicken 2008 file. Money gives me an error indicating it cannot import Quicken '08 files; therefore, is there a way to get around this and use my quicken file, otherwise I don't believe I'll be able to use Money? Thanks, Greg In microsoft.public.money, gregh wrote: >I recently downloaded Money Deluxe 2008 to try it out, and would like to >import my Quicken 2008 file. Money gives me an error indicating it cannot >import Quicken '08 files; therefore, is there a way to get around ...

Money 2001 Not Responding
Several months ago my copy of Money 2001 started not responding almost every time I entered a transaction. I do have several years worth of transactions in the file. I'm running XP Professional. Not responding, EVER, or not responding soon? "jds92257" <anonymous@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:39775DD6-7B51-4A2C-9329-47C37867F3C2@microsoft.com... > Several months ago my copy of Money 2001 started not responding almost every time I entered a transaction. I do have several years worth of transactions in the file. I'm running XP Professional. I bet...