Money 2003 Upgrade to 2005

Any help is greatly appreciated ...

I just upgraded my Money 2003 Deluxe to the and 2005 Deluxe version.  During
the upgrade proces, the program inidcated my money file (.mnf) was
successfully upgraded.

When I enter the 2005 program and open my money account, the program
freezes.  I cannot get beyond the welcome screen.

I have tried re-booting, opening up my 2003 file and restoring my 2003
backup.  But, as soon as it upgrades the file to 2005 and I try to open it,
my computer gets stuck.

Any suggestions?  Help is appreciated!  Thanks!
0
admannj (12)
2/22/2005 2:17:02 AM
money 28651 articles. 7 followers. Follow

Try loading the sample file and downloading the latest updates to M2005.

"admannj" wrote:

> Any help is greatly appreciated ...
>
> I just upgraded my Money 2003 Deluxe to the and 2005 Deluxe version.  During
> the upgrade proces, the program inidcated my money file (.mnf) was
> successfully upgraded.
>
> When I enter the 2005 program and open my money account, the program
> freezes.  I cannot get beyond the welcome screen.
>
> I have tried re-booting, opening up my 2003 file and restoring my 2003
> backup.  But, as soon as it upgrades the file to 2005 and I try to open it,
> my computer gets stuck.
>
> Any suggestions?  Help is appreciated!  Thanks!
0
Wally (164)
2/22/2005 5:23:04 AM
I had a similar experience yesterday and after 4 or 5 times of experimenting
I decided to simply reinstall 05.  The second time I did that, it asked to
remove 03, which it had not asked the first time.  But, I think because I had
tried installing 05 once before, it had an easier time finding the 03 file,
which was there all the time.
I agree with "Wally" that you should download the 05 updates first, but it
was very difficult for me to tell which I COULD perform first, the upgrades
or opening the 03 file.  Mine was a defintie trial and error procedure.
I am operating but have another problem that I'm posting separately.

"admannj" wrote:

> Any help is greatly appreciated ...
>
> I just upgraded my Money 2003 Deluxe to the and 2005 Deluxe version.  During
> the upgrade proces, the program inidcated my money file (.mnf) was
> successfully upgraded.
>
> When I enter the 2005 program and open my money account, the program
> freezes.  I cannot get beyond the welcome screen.
>
> I have tried re-booting, opening up my 2003 file and restoring my 2003
> backup.  But, as soon as it upgrades the file to 2005 and I try to open it,
> my computer gets stuck.
>
> Any suggestions?  Help is appreciated!  Thanks!
0
CambriaOne (16)
2/23/2005 12:21:01 AM
Cambria and Wally ...

Thanks very much.  I am going to try to install the updates now and see what
happens.

When I first installed, it DID ask me to uninstall 2003 first.  So hopefully
the updates will do it.

Thanks!

"CambriaOne" wrote:

> I had a similar experience yesterday and after 4 or 5 times of experimenting
> I decided to simply reinstall 05.  The second time I did that, it asked to
> remove 03, which it had not asked the first time.  But, I think because I had
> tried installing 05 once before, it had an easier time finding the 03 file,
> which was there all the time.
> I agree with "Wally" that you should download the 05 updates first, but it
> was very difficult for me to tell which I COULD perform first, the upgrades
> or opening the 03 file.  Mine was a defintie trial and error procedure.
> I am operating but have another problem that I'm posting separately.
>
> "admannj" wrote:
>
> > Any help is greatly appreciated ...
> >
> > I just upgraded my Money 2003 Deluxe to the and 2005 Deluxe version.  During
> > the upgrade proces, the program inidcated my money file (.mnf) was
> > successfully upgraded.
> >
> > When I enter the 2005 program and open my money account, the program
> > freezes.  I cannot get beyond the welcome screen.
> >
> > I have tried re-booting, opening up my 2003 file and restoring my 2003
> > backup.  But, as soon as it upgrades the file to 2005 and I try to open it,
> > my computer gets stuck.
> >
> > Any suggestions?  Help is appreciated!  Thanks!
0
admannj (12)
2/23/2005 12:51:01 AM
Cambria and Wally ...

I just tried a number of things:

1. reinstalling
2. opening the sample file and updating
3. opening up my backup file

But the program is still hanging up my PC.  Any other thoughts?

Thanks!

"CambriaOne" wrote:

> I had a similar experience yesterday and after 4 or 5 times of experimenting
> I decided to simply reinstall 05.  The second time I did that, it asked to
> remove 03, which it had not asked the first time.  But, I think because I had
> tried installing 05 once before, it had an easier time finding the 03 file,
> which was there all the time.
> I agree with "Wally" that you should download the 05 updates first, but it
> was very difficult for me to tell which I COULD perform first, the upgrades
> or opening the 03 file.  Mine was a defintie trial and error procedure.
> I am operating but have another problem that I'm posting separately.
>
> "admannj" wrote:
>
> > Any help is greatly appreciated ...
> >
> > I just upgraded my Money 2003 Deluxe to the and 2005 Deluxe version.  During
> > the upgrade proces, the program inidcated my money file (.mnf) was
> > successfully upgraded.
> >
> > When I enter the 2005 program and open my money account, the program
> > freezes.  I cannot get beyond the welcome screen.
> >
> > I have tried re-booting, opening up my 2003 file and restoring my 2003
> > backup.  But, as soon as it upgrades the file to 2005 and I try to open it,
> > my computer gets stuck.
> >
> > Any suggestions?  Help is appreciated!  Thanks!
0
admannj (12)
2/23/2005 1:59:03 AM
In microsoft.public.money, admannj wrote:

>I just tried a number of things:
>
>1. reinstalling
>2. opening the sample file and updating
>3. opening up my backup file
>
>But the program is still hanging up my PC.  Any other thoughts?

I would try creating a new XP user with Administrator privilege.
Switch to that user and start Money with a new blank file if you
already installed. If not, install from there. Let Money download
the updates as that user.

The theory is that if the problem is an IE6 setting, you will get
default settings for the new user.  If you succeed this way, it
would accomplish the download, and it would point toward the reason
the other did not work.  You can delete the new user later, and
your regular IE6 settings will not have been changed.

0
via_newsgroup (13114)
2/23/2005 2:02:14 AM
Cal ...

Thanks for the help.  Exactly what Money updates are you referring to?  Are
these actual program updates?  If so, how do I force the program to update?

Thanks!

"Cal Learner-- MVP" wrote:

> In microsoft.public.money, admannj wrote:
>

> >I just tried a number of things:
> >
> >1. reinstalling
> >2. opening the sample file and updating
> >3. opening up my backup file
> >
> >But the program is still hanging up my PC.  Any other thoughts?
>
> I would try creating a new XP user with Administrator privilege.
> Switch to that user and start Money with a new blank file if you
> already installed. If not, install from there. Let Money download
> the updates as that user.
>
> The theory is that if the problem is an IE6 setting, you will get
> default settings for the new user.  If you succeed this way, it
> would accomplish the download, and it would point toward the reason
> the other did not work.  You can delete the new user later, and
> your regular IE6 settings will not have been changed.

0
admannj (12)
2/23/2005 2:19:02 AM
In microsoft.public.money, admannj wrote:

>Cal ...
>
>Thanks for the help.  Exactly what Money updates are you referring to?  Are
>these actual program updates?  If so, how do I force the program to update?

Actually I was thinking that the new user technique could help with
problems beyond the updates thing.  You may already be updated as
evidenced by Help->About showing version 14.0.*.1105. However your
difficulty installing could also be helped, even if your install
file post-dates the update.

>Thanks!
>
>"Cal Learner-- MVP" wrote:
>
>> In microsoft.public.money, admannj wrote:
>>

>> >I just tried a number of things:
>> >
>> >1. reinstalling
>> >2. opening the sample file and updating
>> >3. opening up my backup file
>> >
>> >But the program is still hanging up my PC.  Any other thoughts?
>>
>> I would try creating a new XP user with Administrator privilege.
>> Switch to that user and start Money with a new blank file if you
>> already installed. If not, install from there. Let Money download
>> the updates as that user.
>>
>> The theory is that if the problem is an IE6 setting, you will get
>> default settings for the new user.  If you succeed this way, it
>> would accomplish the download, and it would point toward the reason
>> the other did not work.  You can delete the new user later, and
>> your regular IE6 settings will not have been changed.

0
via_newsgroup (13114)
2/23/2005 2:40:46 AM
Cal ...

My version is 14.0.120.1105.  I am just frustrated beyond belief.  I may
just go back to using 2003.  Not sure what else I can try.

Thanks!

"Cal Learner-- MVP" wrote:

> In microsoft.public.money, admannj wrote:
>
> >Cal ...
> >
> >Thanks for the help.  Exactly what Money updates are you referring to?  Are
> >these actual program updates?  If so, how do I force the program to update?
>
> Actually I was thinking that the new user technique could help with
> problems beyond the updates thing.  You may already be updated as
> evidenced by Help->About showing version 14.0.*.1105. However your
> difficulty installing could also be helped, even if your install
> file post-dates the update.
>

> >Thanks!

> >> I would try creating a new XP user with Administrator privilege.
> >> Switch to that user and start Money with a new blank file if you
> >> already installed. If not, install from there. Let Money download
> >> the updates as that user.
> >>
> >> The theory is that if the problem is an IE6 setting, you will get
> >> default settings for the new user.  If you succeed this way, it
> >> would accomplish the download, and it would point toward the reason
> >> the other did not work.  You can delete the new user later, and
> >> your regular IE6 settings will not have been changed.

0
admannj (12)
2/23/2005 3:03:02 AM
In microsoft.public.money, admannj wrote:

>My version is 14.0.120.1105.  I am just frustrated beyond belief.  I may
>just go back to using 2003.  Not sure what e

Have you tried creating a new XP user with Administrator privilege?
Try running Money as that user?

You could also try
Tools->Options->Security->LocalIntranet->DefaultLevel first, if you
prefer.

0
via_newsgroup (13114)
2/23/2005 3:09:38 AM
In microsoft.public.money, Cal Learner-- MVP wrote:

>In microsoft.public.money, admannj wrote:
>

>>My version is 14.0.120.1105.  I am just frustrated beyond belief.  I may
>>just go back to using 2003.  Not sure what e
>
>Have you tried creating a new XP user with Administrator privilege?
>Try running Money as that user?
>
>You could also try
>Tools->Options->Security->LocalIntranet->DefaultLevel first, if you
>prefer.

I mean in *IE6* you could try
Tools->Options->Security->LocalIntranet->DefaultLevel

0
via_newsgroup (13114)
2/23/2005 3:10:33 AM
Cal Learner ...

Thanks again for all of your suggestions.  I have tried everything you have
said, but with no luck.  The program continues to hangup after I put my
password in and hit next.  This is crazy.  I guess it is back to 2003.

Thanks!

"Cal Learner-- MVP" wrote:

> In microsoft.public.money, Cal Learner-- MVP wrote:
>
> >In microsoft.public.money, admannj wrote:
> >

> >>My version is 14.0.120.1105.  I am just frustrated beyond belief.  I may
> >>just go back to using 2003.  Not sure what e
> >
> >Have you tried creating a new XP user with Administrator privilege?
> >Try running Money as that user?
> >
> >You could also try
> >Tools->Options->Security->LocalIntranet->DefaultLevel first, if you
> >prefer.
>

> I mean in *IE6* you could try
> Tools->Options->Security->LocalIntranet->DefaultLevel

0
admannj (12)
2/24/2005 2:15:04 AM
I tried all the same crap trying to "upgrade" from 03 to 05.  Nothing worked!
 Microsoft should try writing the code so that there are successful updates
right from the get-go--instead of forcing a lazy work around of creating a
new admin group.  After several attempts of re-installing, waiting for 05 to
"update" to the newest version, it sitll doens't work.  I am getting my $$$
back and would never recommend that anyone ever tries to upgrade to 05 from
03.  My 03 version is working just fine--even without all the Money web
updates.  Obviously I'm not the only person who is less than enamored of 05.
What's the deal, Bill G?

"admannj" wrote:

> Cal Learner ...
>
> Thanks again for all of your suggestions.  I have tried everything you have
> said, but with no luck.  The program continues to hangup after I put my
> password in and hit next.  This is crazy.  I guess it is back to 2003.
>
> Thanks!
>
> "Cal Learner-- MVP" wrote:

> > >Have you tried creating a new XP user with Administrator privilege?
> > >Try running Money as that user?
> > >
> > >You could also try
> > >Tools->Options->Security->LocalIntranet->DefaultLevel first, if you
> > >prefer.
> >

> > I mean in *IE6* you could try
> > Tools->Options->Security->LocalIntranet->DefaultLevel

jreenkee88:

I was able to fix my problem and I suggest you continue to try, as I find 05
to be a better product that 03.  Cal Learner -- MVP was extrememly helpful
but his solutions weren't working.  So, I contacted Microsoft directly via
their email contact section on the site.  The tech that responded (within 24
hours) solved my problem.  There is a glitch in the code that affects
upgraded money files.  You need to change the welcome page settings so it is
not showing your portfolio information.  If you do that, then restart, you
should be problem free.  I am glad I didn't loose 100% of my patience.

admannj

"jgreenkee88" wrote:

> I tried all the same crap trying to "upgrade" from 03 to 05.  Nothing worked!
>  Microsoft should try writing the code so that there are successful updates
> right from the get-go--instead of forcing a lazy work around of creating a
> new admin group.  After several attempts of re-installing, waiting for 05 to
> "update" to the newest version, it sitll doens't work.  I am getting my $$$
> back and would never recommend that anyone ever tries to upgrade to 05 from
> 03.  My 03 version is working just fine--even without all the Money web
> updates.  Obviously I'm not the only person who is less than enamored of 05.
> What's the deal, Bill G?
>
> "admannj" wrote:
>
> > Cal Learner ...
> >
> > Thanks again for all of your suggestions.  I have tried everything you have
> > said, but with no luck.  The program continues to hangup after I put my
> > password in and hit next.  This is crazy.  I guess it is back to 2003.
> >
> > Thanks!

> > > I mean in *IE6* you could try
> > > Tools->Options->Security->LocalIntranet->DefaultLevel

0
admannj (12)
4/5/2005 1:25:02 PM
I can't believe that microsoft could sell a program that is not able to
upgrade their own files. Well I do have that problem and can't solve it!!!
It's impossible to upgrade from money 2003 to 2005. I did all recommendations
above and nothing worked. I do have the same problems. I will ask my money
back and I will continue working with money 2003. Someone can tell what's
going on?

"admannj" wrote:

> jreenkee88:
>
> I was able to fix my problem and I suggest you continue to try, as I find 05
> to be a better product that 03.  Cal Learner -- MVP was extrememly helpful
> but his solutions weren't working.  So, I contacted Microsoft directly via
> their email contact section on the site.  The tech that responded (within 24
> hours) solved my problem.  There is a glitch in the code that affects
> upgraded money files.  You need to change the welcome page settings so it is
> not showing your portfolio information.  If you do that, then restart, you
> should be problem free.  I am glad I didn't loose 100% of my patience.
>
> admannj
>
> "jgreenkee88" wrote:
>
> > I tried all the same crap trying to "upgrade" from 03 to 05.  Nothing worked!
> >  Microsoft should try writing the code so that there are successful updates
> > right from the get-go--instead of forcing a lazy work around of creating a
> > new admin group.  After several attempts of re-installing, waiting for 05 to
> > "update" to the newest version, it sitll doens't work.  I am getting my $$$
> > back and would never recommend that anyone ever tries to upgrade to 05 from
> > 03.  My 03 version is working just fine--even without all the Money web
> > updates.  Obviously I'm not the only person who is less than enamored of 05.
> > What's the deal, Bill G?
> >
> > "admannj" wrote:
> >
> > > Cal Learner ...
> > >
> > > Thanks again for all of your suggestions.  I have tried everything you have
> > > said, but with no luck.  The program continues to hangup after I put my
> > > password in and hit next.  This is crazy.  I guess it is back to 2003.
> > >
> > > Thanks!

0
Herve (2)
6/26/2005 2:17:01 AM
Most users do not have problems with this.

"Herve" <Herve@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
>I can't believe that microsoft could sell a program that is not able to
> upgrade their own files.

SBS 2003 and Email Not Receiving

Running Money 2003 in Vista

Monitor Server in 2003?

Outlook 2003
Just bought new PC. Everything is Microsoft. XP Home - Microsoft Works (came installed) - User like to use MSN for e-mail, Sent Microsoft $300.00 to activate Office that came installed on machine. Word will not allow MSN to be the e-mail client. System crashed and burned after activation of Office. Outlook 2003 seems a little unstable. Why would a new PC with Works, Office Express and Outlook 2003 be shipped? All these programs do the same thing and they don't seem to talk with each other well. On top of this all she wants to do is use Word and send the document through MSN nor...

Access 97/2000/2003 comparisons

SBS 2003 moving of users files

Upgrading from Money 99 to 2004
Is it worth upgrading from Money 99 to Money 2004. I have several years of complete financial data in my Money 99 program. Just wondering if it is worth the cost and hassel to upgrade. Is the upgrade path (conversion) from Money 99 to Money 2004 pretty easy. Thanks in advance for any replys and help. Regards, Richard Well, your mileage may vary on it. Some people like 2004, others don't. I'd always recommend the trial before you buy though. You can get an idea of what's in the latest version, whether it's suitable for you etc. 2004 should just convert a 99 file, assu...

Money-style software??
Hi all, Sometime agao I was surfing and found a health & nutrition product that has the same look-and-feel as Money2004. Alas, I didn't bookmark the site and forgot the address :( Anybody has any idea what I'm talking about?? Ivan Ivan Debono wrote: | Hi all, | | Sometime agao I was surfing and found a health & nutrition product | that has the same look-and-feel as Money2004. Alas, I didn't bookmark | the site and forgot the address :( | | Anybody has any idea what I'm talking about?? | | Ivan Maybe it was Fitday: www.fitday.com -- Peter Thank you!!! That ...

Exchange 2003 IMAP and Postini

Outlook 2003

Outlook 2003 rules question again

Creating Exchange 2003 organization

Multivalue with Null value SSRS 2005
I have a query to populate a multivalue parameter: SELECT distinct cast(AGRPYear.value as varchar(4)) + AGRPMonth.value 'ReportDate' FROM TPROJECT AS TPROJECT One of the values that is returned from this query is NULL. However, when I run the report, the NULL value does not show in the dropdown. I've also tried adding "select NULL as 'ReportDate' union" to the above query and the null value still doesn't show. As a result some of the records in my database have a null value for this field, they will never show up on my report. Any id...

Money 04 runs very slow
file size is 17,480 kb, about 5 years data. Machine is a P4 2.2 GHz, 512 mb ram. Money runs very slow, processing downloaded statements, switching screens, etc. I switched from Quicken about a year ago. That didn't run nearly this slow. Any ideas? Will trimming the file size help at all or much? Thanks Ideas? See http://umpmfaq.info/faqdb.php?q=4. Trimming? Most people haven't had great luck trying this through means like File|Archive--which, by the way, I'd discourage for any number of reasons. "Tom Orlando" <anonymous@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote i...

Remove headers in Outlook 2003?
I have the weirdest problem, From certain people that send me e-maols, the entire header is shown, all the technical gobbleygook that I really don't need to see and it causes the message to be 1) long ans 2) hard to read through all the techno-stuff. Most people that send me e-mail, I just get the message, am wondering what I need to do? Am I missing a setting in Outlook "03? (For some backround info-actually have Office '07 but had to remove it and install Office '03 for a few weeks due to a technical issue on my part) Any help is appreciated, Jeff "Jeff"...

Using Publisher 200 with Publisher 2003

Oulook 2003 dial up sync errors
we are using outlook 2003 will all current updates insatlled and are using cashed exchange mode. our operating system is windows 2000 SP4 with all the current updates as well. when the user connects and hits f9 to sync we get the following error in the sync log (i have run detect and repair and removed and recreated the users outlook profile) any suggestions??: 18:57:44 Synchronizer Version 11.0.5604 18:57:44 Could not connect to public folder server. 18:57:44 [8004011D-526-80040115-0] 18:57:44 The Microsoft Exchange Server computer is not available. Either there are networ...

Outlook 2003 Archiving
Hi, All I am novice in VBA Outlook programming. I need collect all messages in some Outlook folder (for example, Junk E-mails, Spam, etc.) and add them to archive. I try to use "Archive..." command from File menu, but I want to use it from VBA macro. I can not find any "Archive" keyword in MS Outlook help. Could somebody help me? Andrey Kuzmin Why don't you use the Archive feature in Outlook if you cannot code it yourself? There's no Archive function, the function you'd need is called Move. -- Best regards Michael Bauer - MVP Outlook ...

Error loading outlook 2003
Hey Guys need a little help I'm running office 2003 with outlook, I'm using my own exchange server, everytime I load up outlook on one of my workstations it loads up fine until I hit the inbox, once I do that Outlook closes down, I check in the event view and got this error message: "The MOF file created for the outlook service could not be loaded. The error code returned by the MOF Complier is contained in the Record Data. Before the performance counters of this service can be collected by WMI the MOF file will need to be loaded manually." Anyone know a fix inste...