Money 2003 Question #2

My computer froze and shut down with Microsoft money
open.  When I reboot and tried to open file it gives me
an error "Money has detected that you did not close the
file before exiting.  Money now needs to verify the
information in your file.  Chose Yes.

When I chose Yes, it says "repairing file" and then gives
me the error that the password I entered was incorrect.

Can anyone tell me how to prevent this situation?  It's
happened several times and takes me a long time to update
my file from a back up version.
0
anonymous (74722)
11/4/2003 2:10:47 PM
money 28651 articles. 7 followers. Follow

You might want to try renaming the client.xml file.  If you do this, you'll
have to sign on using the online features of passport the next time, but it
will verify the correct passport password and create a new client.xml.

To prevent it. . .well, don't let your computer freeze while in Money ;)
But if it's happened several times, what else is open???  Make more frequent
backups in the meantime, but definitely try to figure out what's making it
freeze; ie when I do this, it freezes.  If it's intermittant and
unpredictable, it is most likely a hardware issue.

"Catherine" <anonymous@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
> My computer froze and shut down with Microsoft money
> open.  When I reboot and tried to open file it gives me
> an error "Money has detected that you did not close the
> file before exiting.  Money now needs to verify the
> information in your file.  Chose Yes.
>
> When I chose Yes, it says "repairing file" and then gives
> me the error that the password I entered was incorrect.
>
> Can anyone tell me how to prevent this situation?  It's
> happened several times and takes me a long time to update
> my file from a back up version.

0
bjclarinet (489)

Transfer Money 98 to money 2004
I currently have Money 98 and i'am purchacing a new computer with money 2004, how can i transfer my current data to new computer w/ money 2004. In microsoft.public.money, Brad Karris wrote: >I currently have Money 98 and i'am purchacing a new >computer with money 2004, how can i transfer my current >data to new computer w/ money 2004. If you have a USB flash drive on the old machine, copy your .mny file there. Then copy the file to the new machine-- usually to your "My Documents" folder. In Windows Explorer, double-left-click the file on your new machine to ...

Rollup 2 and Office 2007

Microsoft POS #2

Outlook 2003 keeps crashing #2

Password Issue with MS Money 2003

Lookup based on criteria in 2 columns

Money Deluxe 2006 Trial to Money Deluxe Web Download.
Purchased the "full-download" Microsoft Money Deluxe 2006 version from the trial version download. I followed all the steps to "Activate" the product with successful conclusion. However, the "Trial" nag screen continues to pop-up every time I sign onto Money 2006. To add insult to injury, when I have signed onto the Support Center, wishing to send an email to ask about this, the web-site does not recognize my "PID" (Product ID)...because it continues to believe it is the trail version....thusly only a serial number is listed. And, the SN is not r...

MS Money 95 data files

Stupid question regarding reports
I am a former Quicken user switching to Money and I have what seems to me a very dumb report question. How do I create a new report? I've looked in the help file and in the online tutorial and users guide and find plenty of references to customizing an existing report but nothing about creating a new one. I realize that it must be there somewhere. Someone please help this dummy (it would be nice if they gave you even a 5 page manual though). Bob Had me guessing for a while also. Just click on "reports" and select which one you want. Don't forget to use "custom...

Outlook 2003 and "Check Names"

Addressing within Exchange 2003

Outlook 2003

Import from Eudora 6 to Outlook 2003

Please ignore #2

Office 2003, Outlook (Outlook Today)...

matching contents #2

Newbie Question: Using Web Services
Hello All. I've been trying to implement Infopath with CRM with no success. I've tried the example, http://msdn.microsoft.com/library/default.asp?url=/library/en-us/dnmbscrm1_2/html/mbs_crminfopathcrmintegration.asp, to no avail. I have followed the example to the letter, but find the information about publishing the Web Service to the server to be somewhat lacking. Admittedly, I am not a programmer, and I am continually running into an error in line 54: xmlDoc.LoadXml(objQuery.ExecuteQuery(objBizUser.WhoAmI(), strAllAccountsFetchXML)); Has anyone else ...

Workbook_Open Help #2
Hello Frank, Here's the code Private Sub Workbook_Open() ' Call Unhide_Sheets ' Sheets("CONTROLPANEL").Select Range("A1").Select Call Splash End Su -- Fabl ----------------------------------------------------------------------- Fable's Profile: http://www.excelforum.com/member.php?action=getinfo&userid=218 View this thread: http://www.excelforum.com/showthread.php?threadid=26252 Hi and there's no application.screenupdating=false statement in your unhide procedure? -- Regards Frank Kabel Frankfurt, Germany "Fable" <Fable.1d07w...

Outlook Express 5 #2
On loading, error message "MSIMN caused an invalid page fault in module DIRECTDB.dll at 017f:7dbf3070.." Appeared to coincide with display config change? Ask in an Outlook Express forum. This is an Microsoft Office Outlook forum. Outlook Express is family of Internet Explorer and Outlook of the Office family. Here is the link for the right forum http://communities.microsoft.com/newsgroups/default.asp?icp=InternetExplorer Good Luck! -- Roady [MVP] www.sparnaaij.net Microsoft Office and Microsoft Office related News Also Outlook FAQ, How To's, Downloads and more... Tip of...