Money 2003 not downloading statements automatically

Hi,

The Microsoft Money 2003 help implies that you can set up Money to
automatically download statements from financial institutions, but for some
reason statements don't seem to get downloaded for me until I manually click
the update button.

The help file indicates that all I need to do to set this up is:
*  Save financial institution sign-in information in Money
*  Sign into Money with a passport account

I've done these things, and in the "Customize update schedule" page, all of
my financial institutions are set to update transactions "Every Day".  But it
doesn't seem to be happenning.  For example I logged in to Money today and it
said the last "call" was successful but it was on 3/3/2007 (it's 3/17/2007
today).

I can click the update button myself, but I'm concerned that because my
financial institutons only save a couple months of statements, if I don't do
this for a couple months, I might lose the ability to download a particular
statement.

(As a side note: Is this automatic update feature supposed to download my
statements every day even when I haven't opened Money, or only when Money is
open?)

A couple other notes about my system:
*  Win XP Pro
*  Running Money 2003 from a non-admin Windows user account

Thanks!
--Matt
0
Matt1817 (383)
3/17/2007 10:54:08 PM
money 28651 articles. 7 followers. Follow

I am seeing exactly the same issue with Microsoft Money 2007 Home & Business
edition.  The update schedule is set to "Every Day" for all of my updateable
accounts, but it simply will not update unless I manually click "Update
Now...".  No automatic updates for me.

I have money open almost continuously and it still doesn't work.

According to help, "To use automatic online updates, you must do both of the
following:
  a.. Save your bank sign-in information in Money. Otherwise, you will need
to enter an account's sign-in information every time you want to update the
account. (Some banks will automatically save your sign-in information.)
  b.. Sign in to Money with your Windows Live ID. If all of your banks'
sign-in information is saved in Money, your unique Windows Live ID (An
online service that enables you to use your e-mail address and a single
password to sign into any service or website that uses Windows Live ID.)
helps protect your account information from being accessed by others.
I am doing both of these things.  The only thing that updates automatically
are the stock quotes, and even then it appears to only do it when I visit
the portfolio view.

Thanks,
John

"Matt" <Matt@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
> Hi,
>
> The Microsoft Money 2003 help implies that you can set up Money to
> automatically download statements from financial institutions, but for
> some
> reason statements don't seem to get downloaded for me until I manually
> click
> the update button.
>
> The help file indicates that all I need to do to set this up is:
> *  Save financial institution sign-in information in Money
> *  Sign into Money with a passport account
>
> I've done these things, and in the "Customize update schedule" page, all
> of
> my financial institutions are set to update transactions "Every Day".  But
> it
> doesn't seem to be happenning.  For example I logged in to Money today and
> it
> said the last "call" was successful but it was on 3/3/2007 (it's 3/17/2007
> today).
>
> I can click the update button myself, but I'm concerned that because my
> financial institutons only save a couple months of statements, if I don't
> do
> this for a couple months, I might lose the ability to download a
> particular
> statement.
>
> (As a side note: Is this automatic update feature supposed to download my
> statements every day even when I haven't opened Money, or only when Money
> is
> open?)
>
> A couple other notes about my system:
> *  Win XP Pro
> *  Running Money 2003 from a non-admin Windows user account
>
> Thanks!
> --Matt

0
johndd117 (11)

SBS 2003 and Email Not Receiving

IF Statement #7
I'm trying to create an IF statement whereby if a certain stock in my portfolio goes up for that day's activity, it will display a green up arrow; if it goes down, a stick person dangling at the end of a rope. (Just kidding about that one). The GIF pictures I want to use will be in the same subdirectory as the Excel spreadsheet. I'm using Excel 2003. Thanks in Advance!! Ron_D If you would care to use the WingDings font instead of a GIF, try this: =IF(K3>1," J",IF(H3>F3,"K","L ")) Then format the result as WingDings. You get either a smile...

Running Money 2003 in Vista

Monitor Server in 2003?

Outlook 2003
Just bought new PC. Everything is Microsoft. XP Home - Microsoft Works (came installed) - User like to use MSN for e-mail, Sent Microsoft $300.00 to activate Office that came installed on machine. Word will not allow MSN to be the e-mail client. System crashed and burned after activation of Office. Outlook 2003 seems a little unstable. Why would a new PC with Works, Office Express and Outlook 2003 be shipped? All these programs do the same thing and they don't seem to talk with each other well. On top of this all she wants to do is use Word and send the document through MSN nor...

Access 97/2000/2003 comparisons

Mail will not Send/Receive automatically
I have outlook set up to send/receive every minute but it suddenly stopped doing so. Anyone have ideas why? Robin Several. For starters, a one minute polling interval is just nuts. It is difficult to determine why automatic polling is failing when you do not post your mail account type, connection type and polling settings. If automatic polling once worked and now fails, you also need to examine what changes were made to your setup before automatic polling stopped working. In general, here are the reasons automatic polling might fail in Outlook: 1. You have created an unrealistic po...

SBS 2003 moving of users files

Add rows automatically? Accordion
Is there a way to automatically add/show rows that have data? I have a data entry sheet. Then I have a report. The report pulls data from the entry sheet. If there is no data for a specific line/row item, is there a way to automatically hide or not show the row(s) with no data? Thanks Thanks can I have more than one autofilter on a sheet? Sloth wrote: > Use the filter function > Select the data and click on... > Data->Filter->Autofilter > This should make an arrow appear at the top of the data (in the header row). > click the arror and select "Nonblanks"....

Upgrading from Money 99 to 2004
Is it worth upgrading from Money 99 to Money 2004. I have several years of complete financial data in my Money 99 program. Just wondering if it is worth the cost and hassel to upgrade. Is the upgrade path (conversion) from Money 99 to Money 2004 pretty easy. Thanks in advance for any replys and help. Regards, Richard Well, your mileage may vary on it. Some people like 2004, others don't. I'd always recommend the trial before you buy though. You can get an idea of what's in the latest version, whether it's suitable for you etc. 2004 should just convert a 99 file, assu...

Email Statements from Collection Module

Updating a chart Automatically

Exchange 2003 IMAP and Postini

Outlook 2003

Outlook 2003 rules question again

Creating Exchange 2003 organization

Automatic changes in cells

Money-style software??
Hi all, Sometime agao I was surfing and found a health & nutrition product that has the same look-and-feel as Money2004. Alas, I didn't bookmark the site and forgot the address :( Anybody has any idea what I'm talking about?? Ivan Ivan Debono wrote: | Hi all, | | Sometime agao I was surfing and found a health & nutrition product | that has the same look-and-feel as Money2004. Alas, I didn't bookmark | the site and forgot the address :( | | Anybody has any idea what I'm talking about?? | | Ivan Maybe it was Fitday: www.fitday.com -- Peter Thank you!!! That ...