Money 2003: Change investment type from fund to stock

One of my investments was set up incorrectly as a mutual fund rather
than a stock. Now when I sync with my brokerage website, it doesn't
find the stock (since Money thinks it's a mutual fund) and it wants to
add all the stock shares to my account as new shares.

How can I change the investment type from mutual fund to stock from
the Investments area?  There are no menu options to do so and the
online help doesn't provide any clues.  I have several years worth of
transactions for this stock, so I'd hate to have to re-enter them all.
0
ianpro99 (2)
8/14/2003 3:30:47 PM
money 28651 articles. 7 followers. Follow

In microsoft.public.money, IanP. wrote:

>One of my investments was set up incorrectly as a mutual fund rather
>than a stock. Now when I sync with my brokerage website, it doesn't
>find the stock (since Money thinks it's a mutual fund) and it wants to
>add all the stock shares to my account as new shares.
>
>How can I change the investment type from mutual fund to stock from
>the Investments area?  There are no menu options to do so and the
>online help doesn't provide any clues.  I have several years worth of
>transactions for this stock, so I'd hate to have to re-enter them all.

It is not trivial, but not as hard as it first appears.  A few
minutes should do it.

In the details, remove the symbol, and rename the existing "stock"
to something you will never use.  Let's suppose you choose zzzz.

Create a new mutual fund with the correct name and symbol.

Change each transaction to the fund using the drop-down list.  My
inclination would be to try starting with the oldest transaction.
Keep going until there are no more zzzz transactions remaining.  At
that point you can "delete" zzzz.

Let us know if you encounter problems with that.

Myrna Larson suggests " To avoid problems with sells, you can
simply enter a bogus initial transaction with enough shares to
cover all subsequent sales.  You should then be able to move the
transactions in any order you like.  After all transactions have
been moved, delete the dummy entry."

0
via_newsgroup (13114)
8/14/2003 3:47:53 PM
> Let us know if you encounter problems with that.

Thanks for the suggestion.  I did have to go back and re-create each
transaction with the newly created stock; it wouldn't let me change
the old transactions to the new investment.
0
ianpro99 (2)

Verifying I am a BCC recipient of a message in Outlook 2003
I've been getting numerous SPAM messages addressed to other people at my ISP. My ISP writes the problem off, claiming that I am a BCC to these messages. This may be the case, for even when I send myself an e-mail from work with my home address as a BCC, I cannot get Outlook 2003 to display the fact that I am a BCC recipient. I would expect that my address (and only my address) would show up as a BCC. I'd also expect to see it in the internet header. Further, when I use field picker to add BCC as a new column, my BCC is still shown as blank How do I confirm that I was the BCC reci...

Changing PO XML
I am using RMS1.2. I wanted to change the Purchase Order XML to rearrange the PO line fields. I made the changes and saved the report. After the change I set the read-only flag again. I had used a regular text editor for the change and saved the change to the original file name. However when I want to print my PO I get an error message that I don't use a correct XML report. Is there something "special" I need to do to make the change and save my file? The message probably said something to the effect that the XML document is not well formed. That means you have a syn...

Automatically importing address from emails into Outlook 2003
Hello, I have large number (100s)of emails in my INBOX and I want to add all the addresses into the address book of Microsoft Outlook 2003. Is there any tool/add-in/macro available that will do this automatically? It's urgent. An early reply would be much appreciated. I am also available at: karthikgk-AT-gmail-DOT-COM Thanks, karthik Found it ! www.ornicusa.com has a tool that does just exactly what I need. Good thing is that it works with POP3 mails and on Office 2003 and on all incoming/outgoing mails too. Infact, once installed, it works ike any regular Outlook RULE. Just what...

Global Address List disappear in Outlook 2003
Hello everyone, We had just upgraded our clients' PC to Outlook 2003 (NOT cashed mode) in conjunction with Exchange 5.5. From time to time, when the user click on the Address Book icon insid Outlook, the Global Address list that reside on the right pulldown men disappear. Restarting Outlook sometimes can solve the problem. What causes this behaviour ? Does anyone have any updates or fixes to this issue ??? If yes, would you please notify me with the solution... ? I would appreciate it a lot... Thanks in advance Ri -- rtrimarch -------------------------------------------------------...

How do I make a Levy Jennings chart in Excel 2003?
How do I use Excel 2003 to prepare Levy Jennings charts for laboratory daily QC data? Hi, Jon Peltier shows you how to add your mean and standard deviation lines here. http://peltiertech.com/Excel/Charts/RunChtLines.html HTH Martin "RayneLily" <RayneLily@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:ADFC70DF-2277-4430-BDE1-7E41AE2836FF@microsoft.com... > How do I use Excel 2003 to prepare Levy Jennings charts for laboratory > daily > QC data? Try http://peltiertech.com/Excel/Charts/RunChtLines.html .... and isn't it Levey-Jennings ? -- David Biddu...

changing a record source
I have a button on my form to allow a user to search for a portfolio number. The user enters the number and then clicks O.K. on the form. What I want to happen is the form displays with the results. What currently happens is the screen goes blank. Here is my code: Form buttons: Private Sub cmdCancel_Click() DoCmd.Close acForm, frmSearchPortfolio End Sub Private Sub cmdOK_Click() If txtPortSearch = "" Then MsgBox " A portfolio number has not been entered." & vbCrLf & _ "Please enter a portfolio number or click cancel", v...

Change the quantity
Hi All, I'm just trying to change quantity of selected item on POS I tried fallowing: Set Entry = QSRules.Transaction.Entries(QSRules.Transaction.CurrentEntryKey) Entry.Quantity = 5 //Not working because its only value to read As QSRules.Transaction.Entries.Add , adding the item, I presume that there should be something like QSRules.Transaction.Entries.SetQuantity but I can't find anything. Would you help. Thanks, Arthur ...

How do I change the text on each label? I dont want the same info.
I want to print labels 6 per page; however, I want to control whats on each label. Only one label appears on screen at one time. How do I get all the labels to appear on the screen prior to printing so I can modify each one. You will have to setup your page manually. Take a look at the margins and gaps when you select your preferred label. Using these dimensions -- for example, label 5164 -- Arrange, Layout guides, type .16 left & right, .5 top and bottom, grid guides, 2 columns .19 spacing, 3 rows, zero spacing. -- Mary Sauer http://msauer.mvps.org/ "CCU" <CCU@disc...

Last digit of long numbers changes to 0
Using Excel 97, I'm using a very basic spreadsheet to log some files fo a business. The reference numbers for the files are all 16 digit long. I've set the column to number, but everytime I enter one of th reference numbers the last digit is being automatically changed to a 0 Does anyone know how to prevent this -- Message posted from http://www.ExcelForum.com Excel is limited to 15 digits of precision. If you want to enter more than that, you need to first format the cells as Text, or type an apostrophe before the number. -- Cordially, Chip Pearson Microsoft MVP - Excel Pear...

Money 2007; Encountered a problem and needs to close
After entering my password, I get "Microsoft Money has encountered a problem and needs to close. We are sorry for the inconvenience" AppName: msmoney.exe AppVer: 16.0.0.1303 ModName: unknown ModVer: 0.0.0.0 Offset: 00000000 Can anyone help? Quicken. Less headache's Chud wrote: > After entering my password, I get "Microsoft Money has encountered a problem > and needs to close. We are sorry for the inconvenience" > > AppName: msmoney.exe AppVer: 16.0.0.1303 ModName: unknown > ModVer: 0.0.0.0 Offset: 00000000 > > Can anyone help? >...

Extract email addresses from "to field" outlook 2003
Hello All, I would like to save a bunch of email addresses in the "To" field of an email I have received via Outlook 2003 in a corporate environment (Exchange Server I guess). I can only save to my contacts folder one at a time; otherwise, only the names are saved without the underlying email addresses. Any suggestions please? Thanks! Arbel ...

FTP server type mis-match
I am trying to use ftp from a windows host to another windows host. However, when I invoked it, I found the target host using unix syntax for ftp even tho it is a windows server, (which is why I kept getting syntax errors in my batch file). Why does the receiving windows server ftp think its a unix and how can I fix? Thanks in advance -- sacrlc "sacrlc" <sacrlc@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:FED5151C-FEC4-453B-95D6-A18A65A92B18@microsoft.com... >I am trying to use ftp from a windows host to another windows host. >However, > whe...

What is the criteria for the type attribute for the section element in application config file.
Hi! In Main below I use the GetSection to fetch a specific section from the app config file. When I specify which sectionhandler to use I use the type attribute on the section element in this way see (*) below. This section is part of the whole app config file which is listed at the bottom. (*) <sectionGroup name="MyFirstSectionGroup"> <section name="MyFirstSection" type="ConfigTest.MyFirstSectionHandler, ClassLibrary1" /> </sectionGroup> Now to my question ClassLibrary1 in the type argument above is a class library wher...

Exchange 2003
How do you access the IMS mailbox and System Attendant mailbox in Exchange 2003? I am noticing a number of mail items sitting in them that need to be deleted. Thanks in advance! Kit If you're talking about the system mailboxes on Exchange 2003, then I'd leave them alone. AFAIK, there's nothing in them that *needs* to be deleted. -- Neil Hobson Exchange MVP For Exchange news, links and tips, check: http://www.msexchange.co.uk "Kit Adams" <anonymous@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:04db01c3dbb9$68958d10$a301280a@phx.gbl... > How do you ac...

Network Check before Moving from Exchange 5.5 to Exchange 2003
Hi all, I'm going to be moving from Exchange 5.5 to Exchange 2003 shortly, and already have a Windows Server 2003 AD environment in place, with a seemingly happy ADC connecting to Exchange 5.5. I'd like to make sure that my Windows 2003 environment is optimised before making the move to Exchange 2003, specifically I want to look at AD replication, FSMO roles, DC/GC placement and anything else that you can recommend? Does anyone have some tools/scripts/checklists that I could use for my project. If I have to go through my environment manually I can, but I'm hoping that there is ...

Newbie here
Hi, this is one great ng! I've been reading for hours and find it enormously informative. Thanks. I'm a newbie to the ng but not entirely to Excel. I'm still on '97 (not 2000) I know how to format the workbook template (book1.xlt) to open with the settings (margins, custom header etc) that I prefer, but every time that I open a new worksheet within the same workbook, it gives me the original Excel settings that it has always given me - unless, of course, I *copy* the worksheet already formatted by me - but it is inconvenient to do that every time. I've tried to loca...

Issue with making changes to recouring meetings. #2
One of our users has a recurring meeting every week. She made a change to it for this week and this is the problem: The recurring meeting is Tuesdays from 9-10. User 1 changed the 7/17 meeting to Wednesday, 7/18, from 11:30-1:30 and It was accepted by user 2. The Tuesday meeting disappeared (as it should) from user 1's Outlook calendar ... BUT it still appears on her Blackberry and, bizarrely, it still appears on user 2's calendar in the original time slot. When user 1's assistant opens user 1's calendar the meeting is also still in the original time slot and has not change...

Tutorial for Money 2003
Hello there I find the Money 2003 manual not very helpful. Is there no other tutorial available? There's an online guide - not sure whether it's the same as what you've seen: http://www.microsoft.com/money/support/manual/ and there is a tour online http://www.microsoft.com/money/info/tour/ There may also be some third party books available, but I've never looked. -- Glyn Simpson, Microsoft MVP - Money Check http://support.microsoft.com/default.aspx?scid=fh;EN-GB;mny for UK tips and fixes for MS Money. To send Microsoft your wishes or suggestions, use http://register.m...

Exchange enterprise 2003 to exchange sbs 2003
Hi, i currently running exchange Enterprise 2003. Because i don't have exchange 2003 enterprise license but only have exchange 2003 sbs, so recently i need to do migration from exchange enterprise 2003 to exchange sbs 2003. But what i concern about is sbs exchange have limitation with their database. I'm not sure whether is it a possible way to doing this so call "downgrade " migration? Submitted via EggHeadCafe - Software Developer Portal of Choice Using Attributes with Enums http://www.eggheadcafe.com/tutorials/aspnet/abbb43b9-a667-4930-9588-542844a32d71/using-attri...

new to win 2003
Hello, I am new to setting up winxp client machines so that they can connect to our network via vpn. Is it necessary to allow dial-in access for both the computer and the user? Can a user who has dial-in priveleages access the network from a machine not in ad? I am just a bit confused about setting up dial-in permissions for computers and users. Thanks ...

How to Hide My Main e-Mail Address in Outlook 2003?
I have several different e-mail addresses. Let's say my main e-mail address is me1@myhome.com. When I go to send an e-mail I want to use a different address of metoo@myhome.com. So I display the From field and choose the metoo@myhome.com. However, the recipient sees this in their header: "Me at My House [mailto:me1@myhome.com] On Behalf Of metoo@myhome.com" I don't want my main address to appear on their end. How can I hide it from the reader? Thanks in advance for your reply! Spudy Spudy, you wrote on Sat, 28 Jan 2006 20:23:56 -0700: > I have several different e-ma...

Why does Publisher 2003 make 2000 pub files bigger when saving the
I have 2 web publications created in Publisher 2000. When the old files were saved "as a web page", the files where of a manageable size and in a structure controlled by the "index" file. When I save the same web pub as a Publisher 2003 publication "saving to the web" the files are all made bigger and my hosting company say the size exceeds my limit. Can anyone help me save the Pub 2003 publication in the old format. I have tried saving as Publisher 2000 but it wraps up the file in the new Pub 2003 format. Can anyone help please? Read the articles about the c...

ADC migration from 5.5
Hi, I'm currently in the start of the process of migration from 5.5 SP4 to 2003, and have a question about the use of the ADC and the replication of accounts to the new system. At the moment we have two domains running, the older NT4 domain and the newer Windows 2003 domain, some of the domain user accounts have been manually moved over to the newer domain and are working fine, although the users emails are still linked to Exchange 5.5 with their owner accounts pointing to the new 2003 user account. My question is, when we start to use the ADC to sync directories, will the ADC cr...

Changing axis
I have created a chart that plots visitors to a site over a period of time. Now the chart has the dates on X axis and the data is plotted along Y axis (0 to 5000). How do I lay the chart so that the date is on the Y axis and the 0 to 5000 is on the X axis? Hi, If the chart is a line chart try changing it to a xy scatter instead. You may need to adjust the data series values to get the correct x an y values. Cheers Andy ignatius wrote: > I have created a chart that plots visitors to a site over a period of > time. Now the chart has the dates on X axis and the data is plotted >...