Money 2003: Change investment type from fund to stock

One of my investments was set up incorrectly as a mutual fund rather
than a stock. Now when I sync with my brokerage website, it doesn't
find the stock (since Money thinks it's a mutual fund) and it wants to
add all the stock shares to my account as new shares.

How can I change the investment type from mutual fund to stock from
the Investments area?  There are no menu options to do so and the
online help doesn't provide any clues.  I have several years worth of
transactions for this stock, so I'd hate to have to re-enter them all.
0
ianpro99 (2)
8/14/2003 3:30:47 PM
money 28651 articles. 7 followers. Follow

In microsoft.public.money, IanP. wrote:

>One of my investments was set up incorrectly as a mutual fund rather
>than a stock. Now when I sync with my brokerage website, it doesn't
>find the stock (since Money thinks it's a mutual fund) and it wants to
>add all the stock shares to my account as new shares.
>
>How can I change the investment type from mutual fund to stock from
>the Investments area?  There are no menu options to do so and the
>online help doesn't provide any clues.  I have several years worth of
>transactions for this stock, so I'd hate to have to re-enter them all.

It is not trivial, but not as hard as it first appears.  A few
minutes should do it.

In the details, remove the symbol, and rename the existing "stock"
to something you will never use.  Let's suppose you choose zzzz.

Create a new mutual fund with the correct name and symbol.

Change each transaction to the fund using the drop-down list.  My
inclination would be to try starting with the oldest transaction.
Keep going until there are no more zzzz transactions remaining.  At
that point you can "delete" zzzz.

Let us know if you encounter problems with that.

Myrna Larson suggests " To avoid problems with sells, you can
simply enter a bogus initial transaction with enough shares to
cover all subsequent sales.  You should then be able to move the
transactions in any order you like.  After all transactions have
been moved, delete the dummy entry."

0
via_newsgroup (13114)
8/14/2003 3:47:53 PM
> Let us know if you encounter problems with that.

Thanks for the suggestion.  I did have to go back and re-create each
transaction with the newly created stock; it wouldn't let me change
the old transactions to the new investment.
0
ianpro99 (2)

Error In outlook xp and 2003
I get Error 0x80CCC0F in a few of my clients on the network. If i remove the account and recreate the account for the email account the error goes away for several days and then will eventually come back. All of the MS kB articles reference exch 2000, im running exch 2003. ...

text size keeps changing in IE6
After upgrading from Outlook 98 to Outlook 2002 the text size in IE6 viewing web pages keeps changing from what I have it set e.i small or smaller back to medium. I had got the latest version of Outlook Express which was #6 before upgrading. I have Windows 98SE and have all the latest updates and patches. I am using Office 97 professional edition if that means anything. The text keeps changing not every time, but almost every time I reopen either IE6 or open favorites in Outlook 2002. This happens on more than one computer as I have 3 computers that this happened to. I purchased 3 so...

spambayes setup with outlook 2003 pop
hello, I use outlook 2003 with 4 different profiles. pop mail, I am trying to use another spam catcher called spambayes as an add on before it gets to my inbox or junkfolder. I cannot seem to get it to sync up with the outlook 2003. could it just be configuration issue. or any suggestions. thanks I would read the SpamBayes help information - it is not an Outlook issue. I use it successfully with Outlook 2003 and 2007. --� Milly Staples [MVP - Outlook] Post all replies to the group to keep the discussion intact. All unsolicited mail sent to my personal account will be deleted with...

Macros don't work when file name changes
I created a workbook with many macros using the simple "record macro" tool. This fiel was saved in *.XLS format. It is intended to be a master fille and when you fill it out as a form you re-save it with a new name. the problem I am running into is that after I re-save it wit a new name the Macros won't work properly. I get an error message and when I click to run the debugger the macro lists the original workbook name. How do I fix this so that the macros work regardless of file name? Without seeing the code, my guess is that the macro recorder put explicit file...

Change the Default Working Folder
How do I change the "default working folder" in Publisher 2007? The default "default working folder" is My Documents and I would like to use a different one. You don't... Hopefully this will be addressed in a future service pack. You can place a default address in "My Places", it is an extra click. If you have Vista, drag the preferred folder to Favorite Links. -- Mary Sauer MSFT MVP http://office.microsoft.com/ http://msauer.mvps.org/ news://msnews.microsoft.com "garyf" <garyf@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:720BFDD0-...

outlook 2003 with word xp (2002)
i just installed outlook 2003 and i want to use word xp (2002) as my email editor. the check box is grayed out though and it only says "use word 2003 as your email editor" any suggestions? thanks shri Outlook and Word versions must match -- PATRICK REED [Outlook - MVP]~~~~~~ -Microsoft Certified Professional (MCP) -Have you checked http://www.slipstick.com? -Please post your Outlook version! "shri" <anonymous@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:f36a01c3bda7$4a5c31d0$a601280a@phx.gbl... > i just installed outlook 2003 and i want to use...

utlook 2003- Firefox/ IE stealing Window focus when clicking hyperlinks in emails
I am trying to figure out how to prevent Firefox and IE from stealing focus when I click a link in an Outlook 2003 email. I have seen various posts on how to use and NOT use the same Browser window when clicking links as well as the posts in the below link. I have seen People post about my issue but with no responses. Any ideas? thank you http://groups.google.com/group/microsoft.public.outlook/search?group=microsoft.public.outlook&q=steal+focus&qt_g=1&searchnow=Search+this+group ...

Change language in Excel 97
Hi, I'm trying to run spell-check for Norweigan in Excel 97, but do not have the option to change the language (it is set to English as default). Is there any add-ins that I need to have installed? How can I change the spellcheck language (or the default language)? Thanks for all help.... Brgds Lena ...

frontpage 2003 12-16-09
Hi before i updated to service pack 3 frontpage worked fine. I used to find the home html open site make the adjustments i needed save it and the update was down loaded. Now the site states it is protected by user name and password but does not grant me access to put in the user name and password. What could be the problem. I tried to remove service pack 3 which caused all kinds of problems so i re-installed service pack 3. But still frontpage will not grant me access to the login box. I have access the site through file zilla but cant seem to make the updates or find the right p...

sharing Task/Contacts folder in Outlook 2003
The Outlook 2000 invitation to share a task or contacts folder, does not appear with the accept and decline options in Outlook 2003, as it does on other Outlook 2000 clients. Is there someway to make this work in Outlook 2003?? Thanks, -SG Net Folders, buggy application that it was, was discontinued in Outlook 2002 and later versions. See if any of the solutions offered here help: http://www.slipstick.com/outlook/share.htm --� Milly Staples [MVP - Outlook] Post all replies to the group to keep the discussion intact. Due to the (insert latest virus name here) virus, all mail sent t...

Publisher 2003 Will it reduce my Publisher 2000 file sizes?
I am longing to buy Publisher 2003 when it is available in October (in the UK) as I believe that it has solved (to a large degree) the problem of enlarged file sizes when using photos in documents. My question is this: I've been using Publisher 2000 for ages but as I use several photos in most files, my file sizes are huge, many around 100mb. This means that every time I back up My Docs I need 3 CDs! which is a pain. If I install the 2003 version on top of my old prog, will my existing files be reduced in size automatically or will only my new files using 2003 be smaller? If existing files...

Changing flag date or time on many messages at once?
This is one I haven't tried to fix before. I have a special use for Outlook. Besides regular messages, I send myself "To Do's" to and from home marked with a special phrase when it's a To Do that has rules that mark it with a flag, etc. In either work or home, a lot of those To Do's need to be deferred to a different time or day. It's been tedious as I have to change each manually. Now I made it easier some time ago by putting a flag option right on the toolbar so at least I don't have to open each message. The preview pane is on for this folder and I th...

Tile Windows Vertically Problem Money 2005
I have used Money for years, but when I installed Money 2005 Deluxe, I find that it doesn't tile vertically properly with another window. It ends up on top with the other window in full desktop under the Money window. Is there a fix for this problem? And/or does Money 2006 have the same problem? Glen ...

Building Full text index on Exchange 2003
Hello all, I am trying to build a full text index of the mailstore. The catalog is build fine but when performing a full population of the mailstore no mailboxes are indexed. The following messages show up in the Event log ------------------------------------------- Event Type: Information Event Source: Microsoft Search Event Category: Gatherer Event ID: 3018 Date: 28-7-2006 Time: 8:35:05 User: N/A Computer: TBG-VMS Description: The end of crawl for project <ExchangeServer_TBG-VMS privD88B396F> has been detected. The Gatherer successfully processed 1 documents totaling 0K. It failed...

Historic graphs don't work in Money 2006 Premium
I have been using Money 2006 Premium to track my stocks and mutual funds. Everything works fine except when I click on the little graph icon next to a mutual fund or stock in my portofolio, I get a screen but where the graph should be there is a blank square with a red "X" in the upper left conner. Since the graphs used to look like those you see on MSN's Web site when using IE7, I tried to view the same mutual fund graphs there and that works fine. So the problem is internal to Money. What can I do to get the graph function working again so I don't have to leave Mone...

Money 05 Biz
If I switch from QB to MS Money, I need to input timesheets for billing. Anyone know if 05 has this feature? I use 2004 for my personal finance, so I know my way around Money. But for Business use, I'm still evaluating. Any help would be appreciated. Money hasn't even heard of this. It wont know what top do with them. >-----Original Message----- >If I switch from QB to MS Money, I need to input >timesheets for billing. Anyone know if 05 has this >feature? I use 2004 for my personal finance, so I know >my way around Money. But for Business use, I'm s...

Sudden Change to Database Forms
We have a database that has been in use for a few years. Recently we upgraded our MS Office to 2003. Since that time on one of the desktops that uses the front end there was an event that has rendered the front end unusable. The user was entering data to a form when she suddenly found a screen that said something like "the computer will need to reboot". Unfortunately the person making observations was not careful in observing exactly what transpired, but since that time all of the fields that have lookups based on queries do not work. If you check the underlying queries in des...

Outlook 2003 #43
I upgraded to outlook 2003 and I pretty happy with it. The only thing I noticed is that is frequently sync folders and slows the program down. Any ideas on how to speed the program up. Can you stop the folders sync?? Thanks Sean What kind of server are you getting your mail from? "Sean" <seanfitzpatrick@accesswave.ca> wrote in message news:0ec201c3b6c7$b9aa51c0$7d02280a@phx.gbl... > I upgraded to outlook 2003 and I pretty happy with it. > The only thing I noticed is that is frequently sync > folders and slows the program down. > > Any ideas on how to spee...

HELP! I did an Office 2003 repair and now all my e-mail is GONE!!
Ok, so with hopes of getting rid of an annoying message instructing me something to the effect a the file Normal.dot already existed everytime I closed Outlook I did an Office repair using the "Detect and Repair" option. When all was done and I opened Outlook again all my e-mails had dissapeared and it asked to set up an account for the program. So far I've only configured it for my Hotmail account, not my other one just in case the e-mails associated with that account are hidden in a folder somewhere and adding said account, would delete it. If I go to AppData...

Charts created in Excel 2003 are not showing up in excel 2007
I have several charts that are displayed as their on worksheets in excel 03 but don't show up in excel 07 how can i fix it so that these charts will display? "RLang07" wrote: > I have several charts that are displayed as their on worksheets in excel 03 > but don't show up in excel 07 how can i fix it so that these charts will > display? I had this exact problem when I upgraded from Excel 2003 to Excel 2007 on my Vista (Home Premium) system. I couldn't work out what the problem was and had given up trying to solve it... However, I somehow managed to fix...

Shariing Outlook 2003 files across a home network
I'm considering getting a laptop to go along with my desktop, and connecting them via a home wireless network. I would like to be able to download email to either machine, but still be able to read all of the emails from either machine. Is it possible to set up Outlook 2003 such that both machines would share the files (inbox, outbox, address book, etc) on the desktop? Naturally, the desktop would have to be on for the laptop to access the email. Thanks in advance for any assistance! Lewis Clark wrote: > I'm considering getting a laptop to go along with my desktop, and ...

Changing Componet Background Colours
Hello, I was wondering how I could go about changing the background colours for the various Visual C++ controls such as the listboxes,edit boxes, etc. I am using Visual C++ .NET 2003 and this is a MFC application. Thanks in advance. Sincerely, James Simpson Straightway Technologies http://www.straightwaytech.com Typically you will need to do this in OnCtlColor, but thats not entirely true. Some controls require that you owner draw them. Views on other hand, will force you to use OnEraseBkgnd. Fortunately, codeguru/codeproject has samples of all these controls and is your best bet for MF...

HOw do I change the default pdf viewer in outlook
When I have a PDF file attachment in outlook I double click it and microsoft picture viewer comes up and not adobe viewer. How do I change that Outlook follows you default configuration of Windows. How to change it depends on your version of Windows. Windows XP and previous; Control Panel-> Folder Options-> tab File Types Windows Vista and Windows 7 Start-> Default Programs-> Associate a file type or protocol with a program -- Robert Sparnaaij [MVP-Outlook] Coauthor, Configuring Microsoft Outlook 2003 http://www.howto-outlook.com/ Outlook FAQ, HowTo, Downloads,...

2003 "Pattern" fill effect
I am now using Excel 2007. Excel 2003 had a format data series fill effect of "Pattern". It allowed selection of various line and dot patterns for a stacked bar chart for example. I can't find this "Pattern" data series fill effect in Excel 2007. Has it been removed? Thanks! Hi, The UI has been removed but via code it is still possible to set the patterns. I have an addin which provides a UI in xl2007 http://www.andypope.info/charts/patternfills.htm Cheers Andy -- Andy Pope, Microsoft MVP - Excel http://www.andypope.info "Jim Orson" <jorson@...

Change default to Excel 2000 when 2007 installed
Hi, I ahve both Excel 200 and 2007 installed on my PC and whilst I'm learning 2007, I want Excel 2000 to be my default program when opening Excel .XLS files. Is there a way to do this please? Thanks, Rob Since 2007 has decided it wants to be the default, de-register 2007 and re-register 2000 Close Excel first and On the Windows Taskbar Start>Run "C:\yourpathto2007\excel.exe" /unregserver See the space between exe and /unregserver. Then register 2000 Start>Run "C:\yourpathto2000\excel.exe" /regserver This process should make...