Money 2003--cannot archive

When I try to archive Money 2003 (Delux Personal and Business, v 11.0, it
freezes at some point and I have to shut it down manually. I've attempted
letting it archive for different lengths of time with the same result. After
the attempted archiving, Money has changed all my balances. I've not
encountered this problem before. Anyone have a solution? Are there updates
and if so where do I find them? I've searched Microsoft with no luck!
Thanks, K. Clark

0
rkclark (2)
10/15/2005 2:25:53 PM
money 28651 articles. 7 followers. Follow

In microsoft.public.money, K Clark wrote:

>When I try to archive Money 2003 (Delux Personal and Business, v 11.0, it
>freezes at some point and I have to shut it down manually. I've attempted
>letting it archive for different lengths of time with the same result. After
>the attempted archiving, Money has changed all my balances. I've not
>encountered this problem before. Anyone have a solution? Are there updates
>and if so where do I find them? I've searched Microsoft with no luck!

My suggestion is to not archive. If your purpose is to make your
file smaller and faster, it will probably not meet your
expectations. If you think you can re-integrate the archived data
later, think again.

If you insist on doing it, try letting it run overnight.
0
via_newsgroup (13114)
10/15/2005 2:41:59 PM
I agree with Cal.  The solution is not to archive.  I tried it and concluded
that archives were worthless.  It does not add speed or make your file much
smaller.  The only significant difference it that you loose access to your
older data which is harmful to you not helpful.  Having access to all of
your data allows you to create much more accurate budgets and otherwise
study your finances over long periods of time.  I use my old data many times
every year just to answer questions like, What did we pay for that vacuum
cleaner or how long have we had that desk?

Let your file grow as big as it wants to get, that does not cause any
problems.  Make sure you have plenty of backup copies.  Backup your actual
active file in addition to using Money's backup routine.

Regards

Bill Wood

"K Clark" <rkclark@stjoelive.com> wrote in message
> When I try to archive Money 2003 (Delux Personal and Business, v 11.0, it
> freezes at some point and I have to shut it down manually. I've attempted
> letting it archive for different lengths of time with the same result.
> After the attempted archiving, Money has changed all my balances. I've not
> encountered this problem before. Anyone have a solution? Are there updates
> and if so where do I find them? I've searched Microsoft with no luck!
> Thanks, K. Clark

0
w.wood (230)
10/15/2005 10:40:46 PM
Archive useless. I did, now I wish I could go back to mine to 1994.
Information I could use. You don't know what you would like to see or need.
Wasted effort. Would be nice for MS to find a way to undo that situation
even if we had to purchase and update or upgrade. Valuable information
sitting doing nothing.

Stan
"William R Wood" <w.wood@cox.net> wrote in message
>I agree with Cal.  The solution is not to archive.  I tried it and
>concluded that archives were worthless.  It does not add speed or make your
>file much smaller.  The only significant difference it that you loose
>access to your older data which is harmful to you not helpful.  Having
>access to all of your data allows you to create much more accurate budgets
>and otherwise study your finances over long periods of time.  I use my old
>data many times every year just to answer questions like, What did we pay
>for that vacuum cleaner or how long have we had that desk?
>
> Let your file grow as big as it wants to get, that does not cause any
> problems.  Make sure you have plenty of backup copies.  Backup your actual
> active file in addition to using Money's backup routine.
>
> Regards
>
> Bill Wood
>

> "K Clark" <rkclark@stjoelive.com> wrote in message
>> When I try to archive Money 2003 (Delux Personal and Business, v 11.0, it
>> freezes at some point and I have to shut it down manually. I've attempted
>> letting it archive for different lengths of time with the same result.
>> After the attempted archiving, Money has changed all my balances. I've
>> not encountered this problem before. Anyone have a solution? Are there
>> updates and if so where do I find them? I've searched Microsoft with no
>> luck! Thanks, K. Clark

0
SEDNCID (22)

OWA 2003 Public folders opening new window
I do not like how OWA in Exchange 2003 opens a new window when you click to view the public folders. OWA in Exchange 2000 did not do this. Is there a way that I can modify a setting to keep it in the same window like it was when viewing OWA in Exchange 2000? Thanks in advance for your help. ...

Backup will not open with Money 2006
Hey all ... I finally got past the passport login with my friends money backup file .... however now Money is saying the backup may be corrupted. It comes back with this message on ALL the backups I try to open. What's weird is that is says the converted .mny file (from backup) may be corrupted .... but the converted file is never available on the hard drive (apparently money doesn't write it out because it has found it to be corrupt?)... so I can't work with it or try to salvage it. Any ideas on what might be wrong with these backups or what I could do to fix? Thanks very much in...

Money 97 #3
While It is very annoying to hear that the will not fix the quotes service for 97, are there any workarounds out there for access to internet quotes? Short of of an upgrade that is. In microsoft.public.money, Annoyed wrote: >While It is very annoying to hear that the will not fix >the quotes service for 97, are there any workarounds out >there for access to internet quotes? Short of of an >upgrade that is. > It is possible somebody could work that out with a keyboard macro. MacroMaker http://members.ij.net/anthonymathews/MacroMaker.htm turned out to be useful to me fo...

Exmerge emailing into Exchange 2003 (from Sendmail) causes errors
I've just completed a painful migration of Sendmail emails to Exchange 2003. Emails that orginated from Sendmail aliass are unable to display in both Outlook and Outlook Web Access. These emails seem to be in an old html format perhaps 1.0. Anyone had this problem? Brian ...

MSN Money and MS Money
I used to use MSN Money to enter transactions that would then be imported into my MS Money file (I'm on 2006 Deluxe). Is this still a possiblity? Unfortunately, no. :( I liked that feature as well. "Adriennelisa" <Adriennelisa@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:F9FA9C18-1707-4B4B-AF6C-A15BE68FC39D@microsoft.com... > I used to use MSN Money to enter transactions that would then be imported > into my MS Money file (I'm on 2006 Deluxe). Is this still a possiblity? > On Sep 7, 2:06 pm, "Theorbo" <db12-at-mail,hot.com> wrote:...

MS Money 2007 doesn't add all my accounts?
I have 3 accounts at Ameriprise and when I set up money 07 to download from there, it only grabs the 1st one, not all 3. I was wondering how I can have money 07 pick up all 3? If I login to Ameriprise I obviously see all 3 and using my portfolio manager from Bank Of America online, it also pulled all 3. It seems Money is having an issue? Please Advise -- Steve In microsoft.public.money, Steve wrote: >I have 3 accounts at Ameriprise and when I set up money 07 to download from >there, it only grabs the 1st one, not all 3. I was wondering how I can have >money 07 pick up al...

Problem with Outlook 2003 crashing on close
Hi I recently upgraded to MS Office 2003 Professional from Office XP. Most this work fine, it;s only been a few days now, but outlook crashes when I close it, and doesn't reopen. I have two machines, a desktop and a laptop both running the same versions of XP SP2. and the problem occurs with both. So after restarting outlook will open and download emails most things work ok although I haven't been able to test everything, but when I close, the little icon in the task tray says outlook is not responding. I have to manually kill the outlook.exe process and even then outlook does not r...

Outlook 2003 "Tools|Mail and News|Send Page" from MSIE
This post addresses two separate issues. *** ISSUE 1 *** When I click Tools|Mail and News|Send Page in MSIE 6.0 (Windows XP), the Outlook editor, rather than Word, is invoked to create the message. Outlook Options are set as follows: Compose in this message format: Either Rich Text <or> HTML. Use Word 2003 to edit e-mail messages: Checked. Use Word 2003 to read Rich Text e-mail messages: Checked. Internet Format|Outlook Rich Text Options: Either Convert to HTML Format <or> Send using Outlook Rich Text format. Is there an option setting or a fix for this? *** ISSUE ...

Office 2003 and Publisher 2000
I have a standard edition of Office 2003 with Word, Excel, Outlook and Powerpoint. I have recently been supplied with a Publisher 2000 cd which has been taken of someone else's system due to an upgrade. I have installed this, but am unable to open any files from Word, and am getting an error message at 50% about not having enough memory to open the file. Thinking that this maybe a compatibility issue, I have tried the Office update option which seems to have picked up Publisher 2000 as it is saying I need to install the Office 2000 Service Release. However I am reluctant to do t...

re: Using Microsoft Money On-the-Go w/o personal computer
Hello, Please help. This may have a simple solution to my problem or it might be a stupid question due to piracy issues. I would like to be able to use the standard Microsoft Money's ledger accounts on-the-go without a personal computer by using a memory card. I will be moving to another state for military basic training and won't have a computer and will be disconnecting my internet connection at my permanent home. I would like to somehow save my software from my current personal computer, Windows XP version, to my USB flash memory and only be able to access it as a file from dif...

Uninstall of Money 2004
I installed the trial version of Money 2004 and when I tried to open my Money Deluxe/Business 2003 my b/u (which I did right before installing Money 2004) won't work. I finally deleted Money 2004 all together (which was in its own directory) and I still can't get Money 2003 to open my file. I reinstalled Money 2004 and it works fine. Is there a way to backup my current Money 2004 file so that I can access it with Money Deluxe/Business 2003? Thanks! Todd Todd, Check the fine print from the trial version. I'm quite sure that the 2004 file cannot be read by Money 2003...

$2004 probably not worth the upgrade for $2003 users
I stopped by a CompUSA yesterday and spent about 10 minutes trying to figure out if 2004 was worth the upgrade (I have 03). I finally decided it wasn't. The box is very vague about what's been upgraded. It DOES have a "Haven't upgraded Money in a while?" list, but nothing similar for 2003. The home page is now "dynamic" (which just seemed to mean you could read MSN Money articles on the homepage). Transaction matching has been changed in some way so it works "better". There's a credit area that gives you your credit score (with Equifax service...

outlook 2003 #264
Why does mail get stuck in the outbox? Even after opening a msg in the outbox and resending, it stays in the outbox as a non-italic listing. I've noticed that unless the entry in the outbox is in italic type, it never goes. Internet connectivity is OK. Thanks. -- Bill wh@photosourcefolio.com PhotoSourceFolio webmaster http://www.photosourcefolio.com ...

Running Macro in Outlook 2003 to flag messages
Hello, I am looking for help please to do the following: 1) I want to flag messages, which arrive in a second/additional mailbox. 2) The flag colours will depend on specific words in the body of the mail. 3) I would like this to be done automatically via a Macro. I am using Outlook 2003 I have looked at various groups and think that it has to be done with an "ItemAdd event handler" and maybe a "Set objFolder = GetFolder" to walk up to the additional mailbox. Unfortunately, I am not a programmer so any and all help will be gratefully appreciated. Thank you. ...

How to extract the number of pages in a cell (Excel 2003)
Hi, I would like to extract the total number of pages of an Excel file in a cell so that it is updated automatically. I need to mention the total number of the printed pages in my document (This document contains XX pages and may not be reproduced other than in full). Can you help me? hi, Vahid ! > I would like to extract the total number of pages of an Excel file in a cell so that it is updated automatically. > I need to mention the total number of the printed pages in my document > (This document contains XX pages and may not be reproduced other than in full). *I...

IMAP with Outlook 2003 Data Files Problem
Hi, when setting up an IMAP connection with Outlook 2003 the application does not let one select where to store the files related to the account. It is possible to define a "Mail delivery" data file... but no email go into that one. One can also try to move the *.pst file out of "C:\Documents and Settings\%ProfileName%\Local Settings\Microsoft\Outlook". But when one opens Outlook 2003 again it will recreate a new file at the old location "C:\Docs & Settings... etc." instead of somewhere else. Any ideas? Outlook Express does it so why not Outlook?. It i...

Lost access to other users mailboxes after upgrade from Exchange 2000 STD to Exchange 2003 Enterprise
I just finished upgrading from Exchange 2000 Standard to Exchange 2003 Enterprise/SP1 on a Windows 2000 Server I am using Outlook 2000 and Under Services, I have other users mailboxes that I have open and monitor. Since the upgrade last night, the other mailboxes will not expand and says unable to display the folder. I assume it is some permissions problem. I have the registry change to show the Security Tab on the Exchange Organization. It seems to have all the permissions (it was working in 2000). Although I see a new permission (special permissions) on my Windows XP workstation admi...

Retrieving Archived e-mail
Thanks in advance for your help: I recently switched laptops and archived my email inbox and sent items for easier transfer. I have tried to both open and import the archieved items back into outlook, but without any success. Any advice? What happens when you try? Do you get an error message? What version(s) of Outlook? -- Aloha, -Ben- Ben M. Schorr, OneNote-MVP http://home.hawaii.rr.com/schorr **I apologize but I am unable to respond to direct requests for assistance. Please post questions and replies here in the newsgroup. Mahalo! "Matt Stevens" <shojin@mindspring...

Money for Mac
Are there any plans to realease MS Money for Mac OS X? See http://umpmfaq.info/faqdb.php?q=46. The popularity of this question may be increasing recently. I'm not sure what, if anything, can be inferred from that. "James" <anonymous@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:f72501c43e04$babe1ff0$a601280a@phx.gbl... > Are there any plans to realease MS Money for Mac OS X? ...

Publisher 2003 #2
Will Publisher 2003 open previous versions? ...

Smart host in Exchange 2003 SMTP frontend
I have one e-mail domain say test.com. The problem is that I need to forward some e-mail addresses to different domain say test1.com (I have 10 such different domains). In my DMZ I have sendmail which is responsible for routing mails to these domains, for example: user1@test.com ->user1@test1.com user2@test.com->user2@test2.com and so on. If address is not in this table it is forwarded to my Exchange infrastructure (which is responsible for test.com). I want to get rid of sendmail and do this routing stuff with exchange smtp front-end. Of course I know how to do this through Exchang...

Exchange 2003 in a exchange 5.5 org with unsupported characters
All, We want to upgrade from 5.5 to exchange 2003. In other words, we want to add a 2003 exchange server to our 5.5 org. Then move all the users and PF over to the new server. We also have three sites which has a total of 3 servers in the 5.5 ORG. The problem is that our ORG has unsupported characters. We have a "comma" and a "period" in our name. Is there way to remove this from the 5.5 ORG on all three servers/sites? It looks like this (without quotes): "My Company, Inc." We would like to change it to (without quotes): "My New Company" If so,...

using Money with Royal Bank of Canada
Just wondering if there are any Canadian users of Money 2004 out there. Within Money 2004, I'm trying to find a way to download my Royal Bank account information, but I don't see it listed. This seems very odd to me as both Royal Bank's and Microsoft's websites mention how they support each other. As well, I see many other smaller Canadian banks--TD, CIBC, even President's Choice! How can Money not support the biggest bank in the country?? -Jonathan It is all up to the bank. Cindy Hi Jonathan I asked this question at RBC and got the following response: We are...

office 2003 service packs / updates
I've just recently discovered how to use the CIW & CMW in creating customized office distributions. (Office 2003) So all my source files are located on the shared folder on the server. I just wonder if the process of updating service packs is the same was previously with office 2000. I wouldn't mind some feedback on this from people. In general I found all this material quite difficult to locate on the net. Cheers, There are several methods to do that. Which one were you using with Outlook 2000? If you mean slipstreaming the servicepack into the installation files see...

Why no drop down list in Outlook 2003?
I understand some of the interface changes in Outlook 2003, though I am still disturbed by the almost complete lack of customization. One small change that defies explanation is that you can no longer click on the folder name in the banner to display a drop down list of all your available folders. This means that selecting any folder is at least 3 to 4 times as many steps as in previous versions of Outlook. Your choices are either to spend a lot more time navigating to subfolders or spend a lot more time scrolling because you have to lose 10 to 20% of your screen real estate to display all ...