Money 2002 transaction status flags ("E", "C", "R") have all disappeared

Hi,

After many months of using Money 2002, yesterday I suddenly noticed
that the column in my resgister that shows the cleared status of each
transaction is empty.

Not a single transaction is marked "C", "E" or "R" -- even the ones
that have been reconciled for years,

I _can_ change the status of transactions in the normal way (clicking
in the "C" column or using CTRL-M), but again, nothing shows in the
display.

It seems like a bug in the display of the data rather than actual
corruption of the data, since I can toggle the flag "invisibly" as
described above.

Any ideas?

Thanks,

- nick
0
nick8630 (3)
2/26/2004 7:35:39 AM
money 28651 articles. 7 followers. Follow

In microsoft.public.money, Nick Tonkin wrote:

>After many months of using Money 2002, yesterday I suddenly noticed
>that the column in my resgister that shows the cleared status of each
>transaction is empty.
>
>Not a single transaction is marked "C", "E" or "R" -- even the ones
>that have been reconciled for years,
>
>I _can_ change the status of transactions in the normal way (clicking
>in the "C" column or using CTRL-M), but again, nothing shows in the
>display.
>
>It seems like a bug in the display of the data rather than actual
>corruption of the data, since I can toggle the flag "invisibly" as
>described above.
>
>Any ideas?

Try opening Money with Start->Run and entering
"msmoney -s" without the quotes into the box.

If that does not fix it, I would open sample.mny or create a new
file. Does the other file show the problem?

0
via_newsgroup (13114)
2/26/2004 4:16:52 PM
via_newsgroup@please.tnx(Cal Learner-- MVP) wrote in message news:<um6s30h8n3nvo1p3ps956d10e6q4mefcfu@4ax.com>...
> In microsoft.public.money, Nick Tonkin wrote:
>

> >After many months of using Money 2002, yesterday I suddenly noticed
> >that the column in my resgister that shows the cleared status of each
> >transaction is empty.
> >
> >Not a single transaction is marked "C", "E" or "R" -- even the ones
> >that have been reconciled for years,
> >
> >I _can_ change the status of transactions in the normal way (clicking
> >in the "C" column or using CTRL-M), but again, nothing shows in the
> >display.
> >
> >It seems like a bug in the display of the data rather than actual
> >corruption of the data, since I can toggle the flag "invisibly" as
> >described above.
> >
> >Any ideas?
>
> Try opening Money with Start->Run and entering
> "msmoney -s" without the quotes into the box.
>
> If that does not fix it, I would open sample.mny or create a new
> file. Does the other file show the problem?

Launching the program with "-s" caused the file to be "repaired" but
no changes were made.

Neither opening another money file nor creating a new file had any
effect on the problem. As I mentioned, one _can_ change the value of
the flag (proven by watching the "difference" change while balancing);
it is the display of the flag that has ceased to work. This is true in
all files.

Hoping for more suggestions,

-nick
0
nick8630 (3)
2/27/2004 8:42:55 PM
In microsoft.public.money, Nick Tonkin wrote:

>Neither opening another money file nor creating a new file had any
>effect on the problem. As I mentioned, one _can_ change the value of
>the flag (proven by watching the "difference" change while balancing);
>it is the display of the flag that has ceased to work. This is true in
>all files.
>
>Hoping for more suggestions,

I would reinstall Money from the install CD. If that does not fix
it, uninstall, and reinstall to a new folder/directory.

0
via_newsgroup (13114)
2/27/2004 8:57:42 PM
via_newsgroup@please.tnx(Cal Learner-- MVP) wrote in message news:<3lbv30d92936a0affj22jq4d38c8ebspd0@4ax.com>...
> In microsoft.public.money, Nick Tonkin wrote:
>

> >Neither opening another money file nor creating a new file had any
> >effect on the problem. As I mentioned, one _can_ change the value of
> >the flag (proven by watching the "difference" change while balancing);
> >it is the display of the flag that has ceased to work. This is true in
> >all files.
> >
> >Hoping for more suggestions,
>
> I would reinstall Money from the install CD. If that does not fix
> it, uninstall, and reinstall to a new folder/directory.

I had to reinstall into a different directory. How bogus!

Thanks,

- nick
0
nick8630 (3)

CRM 3.0 Reports:Error when trying to open reports on client m/c
I am unable to access CRM Reports from any other machine except the CRM Server (Physical) box. I logged in as different users on the CRM server and was able to open and see all of the reports based on roles. But I am not able to view reports from any of the client machines. I am accessing Reports through a web-client. Upon trying to access reports through a client machine, I get the message " An error has occurred. For more information, contact your system administrator". This does not tell me anything I do not see anything unusual in the Web server (CRM Server), or the Da...

Blank body on E-mails received with signature and attachment
When I get an e-mail that has an attachment and a signature, either the message body will be blank or the body will have text but the signature will not appear in the body. There will be a .txt file along with the attachment which is probably the signature but when I click on it I get "access is denied". Are there settings that will allow the signature to be displayed in the body of the text? The sender is using Eudora 7. Do you have a virus scanner installed which integrates itself with Outlook? Uninstall this integration part of your virus scanner and try again; you&#...

Junk E-Mail Lists Error in Outlook 2003 with Exchange 2003
I have seen several people post about this error message that comes up in Outlook, but so far I haven't seen anyone respond. I am running an Exchange 2003 server with SP1 and my client is Outlook 2003. I installed IMF a few weeks ago, and it appears that this message started soon afterwards. I have now uninstalled IMF, but am still receiving the message. My end users are getting frustrated, as am I. There also appears to be an error in the IMF deployment guide about adding a registry key to increase the list size in Exchange. It states to "right click System", but there is n...

Easy Money
do not respond to my earlier post not send me anything do not follow any of the directions on that erroneous post I thought it would be "funny"...I do not want any money, mail (email or otherwise) Please realize that this is illegal and respect my wishes to not receive any mail (i get enough crap in the mail already) I apologize for the post and any trouble it might have caused, if I could retract it I would ! Best ...

Upgrade from Money 2004 to Money 2005
I just upgraded from Money 2004 to Money 2005, and 2 of my accounts (a savings account and a credit card) showed significantly different balances from the last time I looked at them in Money 2004. It seems that, for some reason, when it converted my 2004 file to 2005, it only grabbed a portion of the transactions, and considered the balance as of just before the first transaction it grabbed to be $0, when both accounts actually had non-zero balances at that time. Am I missing something, or is Money 2005 just that poorly designed? In microsoft.public.money, dbrebel wrote: >I just upgrade...

Label lines disappear when I copy to Powerpoint
Just created a pie chart in Excel 2007 with Labels which have a line joining the label to the pie segment, however when I copy and paste into Powerpoint the lines joining the labels to the segments disappear. Anyone know how to fix this? Need presentation for tomorrow! __________ Information from ESET Smart Security, version of virus signature database 4031 (20090423) __________ The message was checked by ESET Smart Security. http://www.eset.com ...

Transactions don't show latest download
This is a multi-part message in MIME format. ------=_NextPart_000_021A_01C4EDED.8453C110 Content-Type: text/plain; charset="iso-8859-1" Content-Transfer-Encoding: quoted-printable I've downloaded my transactions from my bank, it registers in = MSMoney2004 as downloaded, but the transactions don't show in the = account. How do I force the program to recognize and list the = downloaded transactions? Chad Bresson Xenia, OH ------=_NextPart_000_021A_01C4EDED.8453C110 Content-Type: text/html; charset="iso-8859-1" Content-Transfer-Encoding: quoted-printable <!DO...

Convert 2002 D/B to 2000 shows no details
When I attempt to use the [Tools];[Database Utility]; to [Convert Database]; to Access 2000 format from Access XP, the resulting database doesn't display anything in the Detail View. All tables and queries appear to be present in LIST View and ICON Views but when DETAIL View is selected the entire display is blank. Is there a "Select Details" option in Access as there is in Windows Explorer? "Tom" <tvandeveer@ldmi.com> schrieb im Newsbeitrag news:000701c3dea6$9c1b5440$a301280a@phx.gbl... > When I attempt to use the [Tools];[Database Utility]; to > ...

Unable to import Quicken file to Money
I am trying to import my QUICKEN 2004 data file (QDATA.QDF) into Money 2004. I followed all the directions and validated the QDATA file first, but NOTHING imports. All I get are messages that indicate "Your Quicken file contained invalid transaction types". The only transactions I have are account (Checking and Savings) transactions - debits and credits. I have tried this a number of times, and downloaded all updates to Money, but nothing ever converts. Can anyone help? You can not import Q2004 into M2004. You'll have to wait a few more days and then import it into M2...

sync portfolio with msn money
Hi friends, I would like to use my money 2007 portfolio from my home and office, Is there any way to achive that, I would like to view and make changes from both places. Thanks, have a nice day Roshlin wrote: > Hi friends, > > I would like to use my money 2007 portfolio from my home and office, > Is there any way to achive that, > I would like to view and make changes from both places. You can do this, but you'll have to be extremely rigorous about moving your file back and forth. Money assumes one user/one PC. The database has no features for multiple access or syn...

Deleting of Recurring E-Mail's Outlook 2000
How do you delete recurring e-mails in Outlook 2000? Do you want to keep the history of the recurring? Do you want to "Cancel" future meetings and let other recipients know? Do you just want to delete it entirely? -- Nikki Peterson [MVP - Outlook] <gary.christian@carswell.af.mil> wrote in message news:e42601c43c4c$5aca1270$a601280a@phx.gbl... How do you delete recurring e-mails in Outlook 2000? ...

Money 2005 Account number displays as xxxxx
I have just upgraded from Money 2004 STD (Australia). All my account numbers in the 'accounts list' dialog box display mainly as 'xxxxx. My account numbers are alphnumeric. They are correct when I open the individual accounts. Does anyone have a work around or know of a fix for this bug? Rgds - Pete This is nothing more than stupid knee jerk pseudo-security. R-click and go to the account settings and it will look correct. "Peter" <anonymous@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:1b3e01c4ac1c$02961af0$a601280a@phx.gbl... >I have just upgraded ...

Money 2004 crash on startup #2
just find that it only crash when i use my current user, not happening when i logon as another user, seems my profile has some problem, maybe more startup & program installed. any idea on how to troubleshoot ? =========== just install in my WinXP SP1, which has IE6.0 SP1 installed already. Money2004 Std keep crashing on startup after install. with error dialog of "restart Money - Send / don't send report" any idea ? a further findings, i run Money2004 using "run as" another user, it works ! using local adm or domain userwith local adm right also run correctly....

Money Deluxe
The on-box note on Money Deluxe, that it included Taxcut preparation/filing for 2003 or 2004 was a sale-maker, since I got it as a package deal with this year's Taxcut Deluxe. BUT - the enclosed booklet's H&R Block page says that the free preparation/filing is for "tax year 2004 filed by August 15, 2004". BUMMER!! Anybody else picked up on this and, if so, got any clarification? Sounds like a typo to me. Next to nobody (nobody???) will file TY 2004 by August 15, 2004. "cam" <REMOVEcamaz29@DROPhotmail.com> wrote in message news:Ow456bW3DHA.2700@tk2ms...

Default for imported transaction dates..
Does anyone else get annoyed by the fact that when you "accept" an imported transaction (ie: the transaction imported directly from your credit card company matches a manual entry you made in Money)... that it defaults to the credit card's date??? We all know that it takes 1-2 days for a credit card transaction to post to your account.... so, why wouldn't the default be the manually entered date??? Maybe Microsoft can create a setting for those (like me) who use the manual dates... I'm sick of having to change the date on every transaction!! ---------------- Thi...

distribution email and crm e-mail router
does anyone knows how to configure the e-mail router in CRM 4.0 to connect to an e-mail distribution list in Exchange? The one way could be : You need to create CRM user and with email and domain logon name specificed for distrubution list account. You would be able to see it in CRM users list when you load the data in router. /Aamir I tried to add the domain logon name specified as distribution list using CRM web application in Settings | Administration | Users | Add User, but it cannot be add. Anymore idea? "Aamir" <whatelseto@gmail.com> wrote in message news:9f3f...

Importing an address file (that was pasted into a Word doc) into E
This question is much like Charlie's Mom, with one difference which may be important. I have a stacked address file (created by an old DOS based program)that was pasted into Word 97, and had delimiters changed to ones that Word could recognize. There is one record delimiter for the name, and one field delimiter for 3 lines of addresses. When I try to sort on the name field in a mail merge, nothing changes. I think it is because of the delimiter in front of the name. Can I import this file into Excel, with the names and corresponding addresses unstacked, i.e. Names in column 1, ...

Receivable Transaction Batches
I have a thousand invoices that I need to send out every year for membership in our organization. I want to put them in a recurring batch, but I have been unable to find a way to have them all print in a batch. In SOP, I would have to re-enter the invoices each year, as recurring doesn't seem to be an option. Surely there is a way to get this work, we have just purchased this program, so I have not figured out all the ins and outs yet. Hi Janis, We might be able to help you out with this. Please feel free to contact me. Darren 604.444.9213 "JanisB" wrote: > I ...

Problem accepting a transaction (Money 2004)
I accidently deleted an up coming deposit. Now the actual deposit was recorded to my bank and into money. But I am unable to accept the transaction. Please help "Grownassman" <anonymous@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:6ea801c42fb2$49fae4c0$a401280a@phx.gbl... > I accidently deleted an up coming deposit. Now the actual > deposit was recorded to my bank and into money. But I am > unable to accept the transaction. Please help Do you hit "Accept", and nothing happens? If so, hit "Change", then select the option to enter it as a...

Char(1) can't be insert from stored procedure called from C#/ASP.n
Hello I am trying to insert a char(1) field into a table from an ASP.Net/C# application. At first I was inserting rows into the table but none of the columns that I was inserting the rows into were char(1) columns, they were mostly int and varchar columns. Then I found out that there was one column in the list that was not supposed to be an int column but instead it was supposed to be one of the char(1) columns into the table. So I replaced the int column in the list with the char(1) column and since the value of the char(1) column resulted from a CheckBox ('Y&#...

Viewing Current Appointments in 2002
Hi there In Outlook I would like to see just by appointments from today on. I have changed the View to Active Appointments and set the group by and sort by options to none in the Customise Current View window. I almost have what I want however I am seeing my recurring events listed first (it seems only allday events like birthdays) even though they begin prior to today's date. I just want everything to be listed chronologically. Any ideas much appreciated. Many thanks Paddy ...

Why does graphic in Excel header disappear when I e-mail file
I was asked to place a logo in a header on an Excel worksheet. However, when I returned the completed worksheet the other person cannot see the graphic whereas there is no problem on my own PC. Is only a link to the logo inserted into the header, so that it is no longer available on the other person's PC? If so, is there any way to actually embed the graphic in the header as I cannot see any options. Many thanks Where is the actual logo? Is it local on your PC? Yes, it's in a folder in My Documents "DNA" wrote: > Where is the actual logo? Is it local on your P...

GP/ Business Portal Project T&E
Picking projects and tasks is extremely tedious. Especially true when you have many projects and tasks. The whole modal dialog from<>to metaphor is very old and unfriendly. Poor use of vertical space in timesheets. Putting the "edit my project task-list" button between each project takes up too much room and thus requires too much scrolling. Wy don't they just put the button on the same line as the project name? Can't see day totals when you've scrolled down. Once you're past the first few projects you have no idea what your day totals are so more ...

Money Plus Premium v17: Adding Category to Advanced Budget
I have a Legal Fees category created which I have allocated epenses to in the past year via the account register and want to add it to my advanced budget going forward. But on the advanced budget /expense area, when I try to create a Legal fees budget group or add it to Other Expenses, the Legal Fees category does not show up in the list of categories to select. What am I missing? ...

Money 2003 MSN Synchronization
After 9 months of successful operation I am unable to sync with MSN. It's been going on for about a week. Error Message: Your last call encountered an error An unexpected error has occurred. Your data is not being synchronized with MSN Money on the Web All other online operations in Money are working OK. I have run Money simple salvage (-s) option and cleared the cache. Al ...