Money 2002 to excel 2000 on Win98SE

Hi, I am a Scout leader here in Canada. The previous
person in charge of our troop's finances used Microsoft
Money 2002. I don't have any financial software. I was
told there is a converter to take a .mny file and bring it
into Excel. The file is from Money 2002 and I have
Excel2000 on a Win98SE machine.

Can someone point me toward this converter if it exists?
I've found the converter for Money 98 but none of my
searches have turned up anything for Money 2002.

All help is greatly appreciated.
0
anonymous (74722)
12/10/2003 2:03:34 PM
money 28651 articles. 7 followers. Follow

See  http://www.ultrasoft.com/MoneyLink/overview.shtml

>All help is greatly appreciated.

0
via_newsgroup (13114)
12/10/2003 2:12:54 PM
Hi Cal, thanks for the help.

I installed the program but it is looking for a copy of
Money on the machine, which we don't have. All we have is
the .mny file on a diskette.

Any other ideas?

Thanks

0
anonymous (74722)
12/10/2003 2:48:43 PM
In microsoft.public.money, Gerry wrote:

>Hi Cal, thanks for the help.
>
>I installed the program but it is looking for a copy of
>Money on the machine, which we don't have. All we have is
>the .mny file on a diskette.
>
>Any other ideas?

Yeah, but lets give it a day or so to see if somebody else explains

via_newsgroup (13114)
12/10/2003 3:01:51 PM
Hi Cal,

Why wait? Can you not explain it to me now?

I really do appreciate the help.

Gerry

0
anonymous (74722)
12/10/2003 3:18:13 PM
1. download a trial version of money 2004
2. copy the money file [.mny] on to the same drive as you have downloaded
2004
3. 2004 will convert into a 2004 .mny file. [file / open]
4. export to excel
5. don't post the same question more than once or you tend not to receive
any help.

"Gerry" <anonymous@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
> Hi Cal,
>
> Why wait? Can you not explain it to me now?
>
> I really do appreciate the help.
>
> Gerry

Thanks for the help Cal. This is my first time posting to
one of these groups and don't really know the "rules".

Once again, thanks very much for the patience and the
assistance.

Gerry

0
anonymous (74722)
12/10/2003 6:17:06 PM
In microsoft.public.money, Christopher wrote:

>1. download a trial version of money 2004
>2. copy the money file [.mny] on to the same drive as you have downloaded
>2004
>3. 2004 will convert into a 2004 .mny file. [file / open]
>4. export to excel
>5. don't post the same question more than once or you tend not to receive
>any help.

He also should avoid the Deluxe trial version. He is in Canada and
will not be able to read the Canadian file with Deluxe.

>"Gerry" <anonymous@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
>> Hi Cal,
>>
>> Why wait? Can you not explain it to me now?
>>
>> I really do appreciate the help.
>>
>> Gerry

0
via_newsgroup (13114)

How do I create a sample in Excel?

Excel 97 Win XP calc problem?

Running Money 2003 in Vista

Re-install Outlook 2002

Outlook 2000 not opening.

Date display in Excel

Excel and some disappeared sheets

Access 97/2000/2003 comparisons

Upgrading from Money 99 to 2004
Is it worth upgrading from Money 99 to Money 2004. I have several years of complete financial data in my Money 99 program. Just wondering if it is worth the cost and hassel to upgrade. Is the upgrade path (conversion) from Money 99 to Money 2004 pretty easy. Thanks in advance for any replys and help. Regards, Richard Well, your mileage may vary on it. Some people like 2004, others don't. I'd always recommend the trial before you buy though. You can get an idea of what's in the latest version, whether it's suitable for you etc. 2004 should just convert a 99 file, assu...

Excel 2007 PC damages Mac Excel 2008 Files

Money-style software??
Hi all, Sometime agao I was surfing and found a health & nutrition product that has the same look-and-feel as Money2004. Alas, I didn't bookmark the site and forgot the address :( Anybody has any idea what I'm talking about?? Ivan Ivan Debono wrote: | Hi all, | | Sometime agao I was surfing and found a health & nutrition product | that has the same look-and-feel as Money2004. Alas, I didn't bookmark | the site and forgot the address :( | | Anybody has any idea what I'm talking about?? | | Ivan Maybe it was Fitday: www.fitday.com -- Peter Thank you!!! That ...

OEM publisher 2002 Sp1-2

Money 04 runs very slow
file size is 17,480 kb, about 5 years data. Machine is a P4 2.2 GHz, 512 mb ram. Money runs very slow, processing downloaded statements, switching screens, etc. I switched from Quicken about a year ago. That didn't run nearly this slow. Any ideas? Will trimming the file size help at all or much? Thanks Ideas? See http://umpmfaq.info/faqdb.php?q=4. Trimming? Most people haven't had great luck trying this through means like File|Archive--which, by the way, I'd discourage for any number of reasons. "Tom Orlando" <anonymous@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote i...

Is Outlook 2000 compatiple with Windows XP Home?
It seems to be having problems if it is... something like Outlook has experience a problem and must close. I rand the compatibility wizard, but it didn't help. Can you? Hi, I have Outlook 2000 installed on my XP Home machine and it works fine. >-----Original Message----- >It seems to be having problems if it is... something like >Outlook has experience a problem and must close. I rand >the compatibility wizard, but it didn't help. Can you? >. > Rod <anonymous@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote: > It seems to be having problems if it is... something...

OL 2000 should not autom send/receive on start
Hi, I found it in OL 2002 but not in OL 2000. How can I define, or better disable, that OL is trying to send/receive mails on starting and closing OL? And it should never automatically try every x minutes to do so. I found this option on OL2000 but my impression is, that OL is still polling the pop3 account for new mails. Any help on this would be appreciated. Thanks a lot Hans Tools->email accounts->send/receive settings. --� Milly Staples [MVP - Outlook] Post all replies to the group to keep the discussion intact. Due to the (insert latest virus name here) virus, all mail se...

Excel error 1706

Money 99 "Memo"
I was given Money 99. Everything was working fine till I printed out the check register and found it was omitting the "Memo" section which was vital info I needed. What do I need to do inorder to get it to print? Please e-mail wolfmagic53@hotmail.com Thank you. Ruby In microsoft.public.money, wolfmagic53@hotmail.com wrote: >I was given Money 99. Everything was working fine till I >printed out the check register and found it was omitting >the "Memo" section which was vital info I needed. >What do I need to do inorder to get it to print? What you want to do...