Money 2002 problems

Last week, I was editing an entry, and the program
crashed.  Since that time, I can not open the program.  I
have tried everyway I can think of, but nothing happens.

My operating system is Windows 98.

I could reload the progam, but if I do, will I lose my
current data.  If that is the case, I do have a relatively
current backup.

Thanks for you help.

Dennis H
0
dhart1019 (1)
5/7/2004 2:49:54 PM
money 28651 articles. 7 followers. Follow

What error do you see? Reinstalling shouldn't affect your data, but I would
take a backup copy of your MNY file for safety anyway.

--
Glyn Simpson, Microsoft MVP - Money

or email mnyukwsh@microsoft.com especially if it's a UK specific wish.

"Dennis H" <dhart1019@sbcglobal.net> wrote in message
> Last week, I was editing an entry, and the program
> crashed.  Since that time, I can not open the program.  I
> have tried everyway I can think of, but nothing happens.
>
> My operating system is Windows 98.
>
> I could reload the progam, but if I do, will I lose my
> current data.  If that is the case, I do have a relatively
> current backup.
>
> Thanks for you help.
>
> Dennis H

0
glyn1 (1534)
5/7/2004 2:55:15 PM
See http://umpmfaq.info/faqdb.php?q=131. Good luck!

"Dennis H" <dhart1019@sbcglobal.net> wrote in message
> Last week, I was editing an entry, and the program
> crashed.  Since that time, I can not open the program.  I
> have tried everyway I can think of, but nothing happens.
>
> My operating system is Windows 98.
>
> I could reload the progam, but if I do, will I lose my
> current data.  If that is the case, I do have a relatively
> current backup.

Here is fix for Windows file problems

Problem with CFTPConnection

Excel 97 Win XP calc problem?

Running Money 2003 in Vista

Re-install Outlook 2002

OL2002 Problem : HELP, SOS, MAYDAY

Upgrading from Money 99 to 2004
Is it worth upgrading from Money 99 to Money 2004. I have several years of complete financial data in my Money 99 program. Just wondering if it is worth the cost and hassel to upgrade. Is the upgrade path (conversion) from Money 99 to Money 2004 pretty easy. Thanks in advance for any replys and help. Regards, Richard Well, your mileage may vary on it. Some people like 2004, others don't. I'd always recommend the trial before you buy though. You can get an idea of what's in the latest version, whether it's suitable for you etc. 2004 should just convert a 99 file, assu...

request to solve my problem #5

Money-style software??
Hi all, Sometime agao I was surfing and found a health & nutrition product that has the same look-and-feel as Money2004. Alas, I didn't bookmark the site and forgot the address :( Anybody has any idea what I'm talking about?? Ivan Ivan Debono wrote: | Hi all, | | Sometime agao I was surfing and found a health & nutrition product | that has the same look-and-feel as Money2004. Alas, I didn't bookmark | the site and forgot the address :( | | Anybody has any idea what I'm talking about?? | | Ivan Maybe it was Fitday: www.fitday.com -- Peter Thank you!!! That ...

OEM publisher 2002 Sp1-2

Money 04 runs very slow
file size is 17,480 kb, about 5 years data. Machine is a P4 2.2 GHz, 512 mb ram. Money runs very slow, processing downloaded statements, switching screens, etc. I switched from Quicken about a year ago. That didn't run nearly this slow. Any ideas? Will trimming the file size help at all or much? Thanks Ideas? See http://umpmfaq.info/faqdb.php?q=4. Trimming? Most people haven't had great luck trying this through means like File|Archive--which, by the way, I'd discourage for any number of reasons. "Tom Orlando" <anonymous@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote i...

Money 99 "Memo"
I was given Money 99. Everything was working fine till I printed out the check register and found it was omitting the "Memo" section which was vital info I needed. What do I need to do inorder to get it to print? Please e-mail wolfmagic53@hotmail.com Thank you. Ruby In microsoft.public.money, wolfmagic53@hotmail.com wrote: >I was given Money 99. Everything was working fine till I >printed out the check register and found it was omitting >the "Memo" section which was vital info I needed. >What do I need to do inorder to get it to print? What you want to do...

Money Updates #2

Excel List Sorting Problem (Descending)

Printing problem in booklet format

Money 2004 #43
Do you have to set up Password to update portfolio prices? Can't get Money to update. News, etc updates but not the portfolio section. Passport? No. But there is not doubt that quote downloads are problematic. "Johnny" <anonymous@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:82a601c3e99d$bda5e8d0$a301280a@phx.gbl... > Do you have to set up Password to update portfolio > prices? Can't get Money to update. News, etc updates but > not the portfolio section. ...

Money deluxe 2007 password problem
When I update my bank account transactions I get a message saying that my account was not updated because my password is incorrect. I then go into account info and have to update my password. I save the update, but then it happens again sporadically when I open Money at later times. Is there a way to fix this glitch? ...

VC++ .NET 2002: error C2509: 'OnPrepareDC' : member function not declared in 'CEg06aView'
Hi all I am learning the OnPrepareDC Function and ShowFont Helper Function from the Ex06a example of the book 'Programming With Microsoft Visual C++ .NET Core Reference' by G. Shepherd with D. Kruglinski. I started my new MFC Project 'Eg06a' from the MFC Wizard and added/edited the OnPrepareDC Function and ShowFont Helper Function in the Eg06aView.cpp and Eg06aView.h files - see the attached files below. When I did 'Build' on my project 'Eg06a', I got the following error: c:\Documents and Settings\Scott H. Chang\My Documents\Visual Studio Projects\Eg06a\Eg06aVi...

Unassigned value in split transactions in conversion from Quicken 2001 to Microsoft Money v 14
With Quicken withdrawing from the UK market I have taken the plunge and upgraded to MM v 14. There is a serious conversion issue with the processing of split transactions where the first entry is converted correctly but all the other lines from the split transaction generate "empty" split entries each with a blank category and description with a zero value. This leaves an unassigned value equal to the sum of the ignored split entries. I have two Quicken accounts my private accounts going back to 1987 which generated a vast number of these unassigned amounts in split transactions a...

problem opening up program/file