Money 2002 File conversion problem

After using Money 2002 for quite some time I tried to go for Money 2003. When
converting the data file the message "Money cannot open this file because it
was created by an incompatible version".
Has anybody come across this problem and can help me in this.

0
Heinz (2)
1/13/2006 9:12:02 AM
money 28651 articles. 7 followers. Follow

Are both of the versions from the same country - for example UK to UK or US
to US?

--
Glyn Simpson, Microsoft MVP - Money
http://money.mvps.org/

Check http://money.mvps.org/faq/ for tips and fixes for MS Money. To send
Microsoft your product wishes see http://money.mvps.org/wishes.aspx

"Heinz" <Heinz@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
> After using Money 2002 for quite some time I tried to go for Money 2003.
> When
> converting the data file the message "Money cannot open this file because
> it
> was created by an incompatible version".
> Has anybody come across this problem and can help me in this.

0
glyn1 (1534)
1/13/2006 11:00:27 AM
See http://umpmfaq.info/faqdb.php?q=1.

"Heinz" <Heinz@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
> After using Money 2002 for quite some time I tried to go for Money 2003.
> When
> converting the data file the message "Money cannot open this file because
> it
> was created by an incompatible version".
> Has anybody come across this problem and can help me in this.

That's correct: Money 2003 is US version while M2002 is from Australia. Does
this ring a bell?

"Glyn Simpson, MVP" wrote:

> Are both of the versions from the same country - for example UK to UK or US
> to US?
>
> --
> Glyn Simpson, Microsoft MVP - Money
> http://money.mvps.org/
>
> Check http://money.mvps.org/faq/ for tips and fixes for MS Money. To send
> Microsoft your product wishes see http://money.mvps.org/wishes.aspx
>
> I do not respond to any unsolicited email regarding Money
>
> "Heinz" <Heinz@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
> > After using Money 2002 for quite some time I tried to go for Money 2003.
> > When
> > converting the data file the message "Money cannot open this file because
> > it
> > was created by an incompatible version".
> > Has anybody come across this problem and can help me in this.

0
Heinz (2)
1/15/2006 8:59:02 PM
This error is to be expected in that case. To properly convert, you'll need
to use QIF export/import to help you
(http://money.mvps.org/faq/article/28.aspx)

--

> That's correct: Money 2003 is US version while M2002 is from Australia.
> Does
> this ring a bell?
>

> "Glyn Simpson, MVP" wrote:
>
>> Are both of the versions from the same country - for example UK to UK or
>> US
>> to US?
>>
>> --
>> Glyn Simpson, Microsoft MVP - Money
>> http://money.mvps.org/
>>
>> Check http://money.mvps.org/faq/ for tips and fixes for MS Money. To send
>> Microsoft your product wishes see http://money.mvps.org/wishes.aspx
>>
>> I do not respond to any unsolicited email regarding Money
>>
>> "Heinz" <Heinz@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
>> > After using Money 2002 for quite some time I tried to go for Money
>> > 2003.
>> > When
>> > converting the data file the message "Money cannot open this file
>> > because
>> > it
>> > was created by an incompatible version".
>> > Has anybody come across this problem and can help me in this.

0
glyn1 (1534)

docmd.transfertext problem

SQL deadlock problem

Period Conversion
Anyone give me some advise on converting from a fiscal year to a calendar year for GP? Things that I need to consider? Issues I may run into? Thanks Merle This will impact GL and Fixed Assets, I think, because they both have calendars. You'll need to run the reconcile in GL on all years after making the change. You'll need to rebuild your FA calendar, I think. -- Charles Allen, MVP "Merle Schwickerath" wrote: > Anyone give me some advise on converting from a fiscal year to a calendar > year for GP? Things that I need to consider? Issues I may run int...

multiple Domain name delivery problem

Exchange update problem

MS Money 95 data files

Transfer Money 98 to money 2004
I currently have Money 98 and i'am purchacing a new computer with money 2004, how can i transfer my current data to new computer w/ money 2004. In microsoft.public.money, Brad Karris wrote: >I currently have Money 98 and i'am purchacing a new >computer with money 2004, how can i transfer my current >data to new computer w/ money 2004. If you have a USB flash drive on the old machine, copy your .mny file there. Then copy the file to the new machine-- usually to your "My Documents" folder. In Windows Explorer, double-left-click the file on your new machine to ...

Money Deluxe 2006 Trial to Money Deluxe Web Download.
Purchased the "full-download" Microsoft Money Deluxe 2006 version from the trial version download. I followed all the steps to "Activate" the product with successful conclusion. However, the "Trial" nag screen continues to pop-up every time I sign onto Money 2006. To add insult to injury, when I have signed onto the Support Center, wishing to send an email to ask about this, the web-site does not recognize my "PID" (Product ID)...because it continues to believe it is the trail version....thusly only a serial number is listed. And, the SN is not r...

Password Issue with MS Money 2003

cant start outlook pst file to large

Where is the workspace file stored?

opening .bak file

Border problems

Trying to read XML file into dataset

Excel Problem

SOAP Exception

Outlook 2002 XP SP 3 Archive problem
Hi there I am trying to get my newly configured outlook to archive my folders. I have ust configured it to download two POP email accounts and that works fine. I have set up a set of folders below my outlook (Personal Folders / pst) inbox node and placed the relevant emails in the corresponding folders. I have gone into tools -> options -> other -> and pressed the "AutoArchive..." button -> and set the "clean out folders older than" selection boxes to "3" and "Months" and pressed the "apply these setting to all folders" button. I ...

Money 2002 is slow
Money 2002 has been very slow ever since I upgrade from 1999 a couple of years ago. I have read Microsoft Knowledge Base Articles 818101 and 316955. I was unable to "rename the unrecorded files" because I no longer have Money 1999 or a back-up copy of the 1999 money database. I have followed all the other instructions in these articles, but nothing has helped. I also downloaded the trial version of Money 2004 and imported my 2002 money database into Money 2004. It was still slow. have tried creating a brand new Money 2002 database and when I do, it works just great ...

Please Help w/ Large Excel File
Hello everyone. I have this Excel file that has drawing text box objects in the document. When I delete a text box the attributes still are present, but just not showing. It is continually growing my file size. When I export the document to HTML after deleting all the text box drawing objects and saving the file, the text box objects still show as vtextbox elements in this file. I tried to reproduce this with a new Excel workbook but could not. I would be greatful if anyone can figure this out, as I have a lot of documents to re-create if there is no solution. Thank you. exce...