Money 2002 compatibility to Money 2004

Dear friends:
I use Money since 2000 and I have now Money 2002 working
very well, but I want to update to Money 2004 and the
files are not compatible ? Is that right ? Can someone
tell me how to update from 2002 to 2004 without losing
data ?
Thanks and have nice hollydays

Antonio Vasconcelos
Portugal
0
antoniov (1)
12/26/2003 1:23:20 PM
money 28651 articles. 7 followers. Follow

You are getting a message form M04 about M02 files being "incompatible
versions?" See http://www.bollar.org/msmoney/#Q1.

"Antonio Vasconcelos" <antoniov@multivisual.pt> wrote in message
> I use Money since 2000 and I have now Money 2002 working
> very well, but I want to update to Money 2004 and the
> files are not compatible ? Is that right ? Can someone
> tell me how to update from 2002 to 2004 without losing
> data ?

Possibly going back to MM 2004, any advice?
Ever since I got Money 2005 I have had some big concerns about this software. The bugs are so many and obvious that I really can't believe they released it this way. However, I am a pretty tolerant person and can put up with a lot so I kept using it (about 2 or 3 months now). I decided not to return within the 30 days because even if I don't use it I felt the free year subscription to Experian Credit Manager and Money magazine was worth it. I am now seriously thinking of going back to Money 2004 but was wondering if there was a less painful way than opening up the old file a...

microsoft money #10
I tried to open Money on my computer (version 2003) The original page was replaced by Microsoft. How did this happen? How to I get my original files? What "original page"? What makes you say it "was replaced by Microsoft"? Have you tried opening your original files? (Money File|Open or double-click on them from Windows Explorer.) "DR support" <DRsupport@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:AB8D2DDB-8EA1-4665-A875-D19A468B19AA@microsoft.com... >I tried to open Money on my computer (version 2003) The original page was > replaced by Mi...

Outlook 2002 on Exchange 5.5 -- RTF to Plain Text issues
The owner of our company wants ALL email sent to him in Rich Text Format so he can use an abbreviation program he has that works with MS Word when replying. I created a document telling people how to change their settings for Outlook to ensure all messages are sent in Rich Text. My problem is that since he travels so much he wants to be a POP user on our server. If I send him a message from my PC directly connected to the Exchange server he receives it in RTF. If the President of the company (who is also a POP user) sends him a msg in RTF he receives it in Plain Text. He wants me to expla...

Money 2004 Upgrade Problem
I've been using Money 2003 small business. When I put in Money 2004 Standard it converted my files to 2004. I want the full small business functionality but now cannot open my files in 2003. The error reads: "Money cannot locate '(file name)' or cannot open it, possibly because it is a read-only file or you do not have permission to change it or your disk drive is write protected." I know the file is not read-only and is not open in another program. I also have the permission to change files on my computer. Does anyone have any suggestions for what to do? I'm prett...

Problems with reports on Money 2004
I am having problems getting onto the reports page as everytime it crashes. I have tried to repair using the disk and uninstalled and re-installed and it still doesn't work. I am told that there isn't a new UK version available so I cannot upgrade. Can anybody help In microsoft.public.money, Jayne Morris <Jayne Morris@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote: >I am having problems getting onto the reports page as everytime it crashes. I >have tried to repair using the disk and uninstalled and re-installed and it >still doesn't work. I am told that there isn't a ne...

Categories & Reports in MM 2002? #2
I created a Business classification to keep track of business expenses. Yet, I cannot use any Reports for my Business classification. How do I just limit the Reports for the Business classification? Christopher Paul Billows http://www.accidentaldesign.com "Life is not fair, it is interconnected" -- myself ...

Import data from Money 2002 to Excel
Hi, I'd like to import some transactions history from Money 2002 into Excel. Does anybody know how I can do this? Thx. In microsoft.public.money, Nick wrote: >Hi, > >I'd like to import some transactions history from Money >2002 into Excel. Does anybody know how I can do this? Prepare a report in Money and right-click into it. You can copy and paste or choose Export.... For more sophisticated information access, search Google for Moneylink. ...

Money 2004 Backup file
Hi Is there a way to specify a folder in the 'backup' options in Money 2004? For instance, I would like to backup to my zip drive which is drive R. But it doesn't give the option to specify a folder in that drive, just saves it in the root folder. Thanks Dan In microsoft.public.money, Dan wrote: > >Is there a way to specify a folder in the 'backup' options in Money 2004? >For instance, I would like to backup to my zip drive which is drive R. But >it doesn't give the option to specify a folder in that drive, just saves it >in the root folder. ...

List of kernel mode compatible functions
Hi, Is there a list of kernel mode compatible C/C++ functions (preferably for WDK 7600)? Thanks, Jan Wouldn't that be the WDK Help file? Thomas F. Divine "Jan M" <jan_m@jerseymail.co.uk> wrote in message news:e7fhXcanKHA.1548@TK2MSFTNGP02.phx.gbl... > Hi, > > Is there a list of kernel mode compatible C/C++ functions (preferably for > WDK 7600)? > > Thanks, > > Jan > Your right of course. I just didnt look hard enough. Jan ...

Money 2007 deluxe backup issue
for some reason Money is breaking up my backups to my 4gb usb flash drive around the 3 mb area - i have compact data checked - regular files are 8 & 12 mb are there settings to change to prevent this from happening there is plenty of space on the drive it names the file xxxd1 when i used my gigabank 8gb drive it did not do this but alas it died when i just try to continue on the 4g it says already used insert me medium advise please thanks In microsoft.public.money, tony wrote: >for some reason Money is breaking up my backups to my 4gb usb flash drive >around the 3 mb area...

Can Money store bill balances?
Can money store my bill balances? For instance if I only partially pay a bill, I'd like to see what my balance is. Only if you create a liability account, record the bill as a liability, then pay all or part. The balance of the liability account is the balance of the bill. -- Chris Cowles Gainesville, FL "BDK" <BDK@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:298D90B7-A9CC-4F60-B598-196D52517C16@microsoft.com... > Can money store my bill balances? For instance if I only partially pay a > bill, I'd like to see what my balance is. See also http://u...

Money 2000 Windows XP SP2 Password problems
Hi. * I have reformatted my hard drive (On a Compaq Table TC1000) & reinstalled Windows XP Pro Tablet. * I have then installed the Windows XP SP2. I then restored my backups, which included my mny data file from Money 2000. * I then (amongst other software installs) installed Money from the original CD. * When I tried to start Money, it asks for the password as usual BUT it doesn't accept the usual password. * I have checked that it is the right file, checked Caps Lock, typed carefully several times - to no avail. * Are you aware of any problems with Money 2000 & SP2? I...

Money 2005 #34
Perhaps I don't quite understand how to use Money, it's all new to me but this is my question, When I create an invoice and I receive that invoice into my business account it shows as "payment for invoice" but when the check for that invoice is deposited into my bank it shows up as 2 deposits when I download info from the bank. I can't get them to "match" as the "payment for invoice" does not show as an income. Am I missing something? -- Any help will be greatly appreciated, MtnMaine I'm sorry to hear that you are having this problem because...

Explanation of Money Performance Report
If i run a perfomance report there are 2 columns for judging performance - "%Rate of Return" & "Annual % Return". I am having a problem understanding the meaning of each column. If I run the report for exactly 1 year then both columns show the exact same numbers for indexes such as Dow Jones Indutrial Average or Nasdaq Composite which I have in my watch list. In the same report for exactly 1 year the 2 columns have very different numbers for my stocks and mutual funds. For example I have a mutual fund which shows 1.28 for % Rate of Return and 21.32 for Annu...

Excel 2004
Version: 2004 Processor: Intel I have had trouble getting the Macros to work on a workbook developed in Excel 97-2003. It prompts me to either Enable Macros, Disable Macros, or another request I can't quite recall. I clicked &quot;Enable Macros&quot;, but the macros won't run. Is there a Security Center as there is in version 2007 for Windows? Is there something I'm missing? Thanks. <br><br>Chris ...

Money 2005 UK 'My Money' homepage
Does the UK version of Money 2005 have all the same options for synchorising account data onto the internet via the 'My Money' web page, the same was as the US version does? I keep being told that my accounts information is being uploaded to 'My Money' on the web..but can't find head nor tail when I sign on with my net password. Any thoughts... thanks The UK version has much much less of the online stuff that the US version has. -- Glyn Simpson, Microsoft MVP - Money http://money.mvps.org Check http://support.microsoft.com/default.aspx?scid=fh;EN-GB;mny for UK t...

Upgrading from trial to Money 2005
I've installed a trial version of Money from the Microsoft website and having used it successfully decided to by the 2005 version. I'm having problems when I install 2005 - it says it's going to back up my data file and then convert it but when it tries i get the message that it can't find the data file or it may be write protected. I've checked the data file and it's not write protected and 2005 is definitely looking in the right place for it. Can anyone help please as I don't want to lose the data i've set up. Thanks in advance Tracey In microsoft.pu...

Excel 2002
When I press the left / right or up/down arrow keys in Excel 2002 (Vista) it scrolls the spreadsheet columns or rows, it does not move the cursor form cell to cell. How can I restore the normal cell to cell capability? Thanks Hi Bob Press your Scroll Lock key on the top right HTH John "+Bob+" <nomailplease@example.com> wrote in message news:62hnd5pmurr5fh1cltn1t3ie537pcjb479@4ax.com... > When I press the left / right or up/down arrow keys in Excel 2002 > (Vista) it scrolls the spreadsheet columns or rows, it does not move > the cursor form cell to cell. > > ...

money 2004 canadian and norton antivirus
Can't install because of norton antivirus Turn off Norton Antivirus? -- Will you sponsor me in the Tour de Cure? http://main.diabetes.org/site/TR?pg=personal&fr_id=1058&px=1626087 "Sylvain" <sylvain.savage@sympatico.ca> wrote in message news:083401c358ef$094794e0$a101280a@phx.gbl... > Can't install because of norton antivirus ...

problem with opening a money file <WEIRD>
I have used money 2005 for a year. Couple days ago I had to format my hard drive and install Windows XP a new. I saved my money mny file and the backup to it in the safe place. When I installed MS Money on my new system and tryed to open my mny file it displayed this error: --------------------------------------------------------------------- Money cannot locate 'filename' or cannot open it, possibly because it is a read-only file or you do not have permission to change it or your disk drive is write protected. If you have chosen the correct file and it cannot be accessed, you wi...

Money 2003 D&B
Whenever I try to start the Money 2003 d&B Invoice Designer, either from within Money or from the Start/Programs/ Menus, I get a series of Window Installer error boxes that say it "Can't load file" and refers to a SerialNumber.DLL file in a temp directory. After clicking on OK 9 times, the Invoice Designer starts. This is getting a little aggrevating having to clck OK 9 times just to start the program. I've uninstalled and reinstalled Money 2003 D&B without success. Can any body offer a solution? BTY, I am running WinXP Home, SP1. Thanks. ...

Where can you download a trial version of Access 2002?
We're still running Windows 2K SP4, and cannot try out the trial version of Office 2007 (minimum system requirements is Windows XP). I need a copy of Access 2002 to open a MDB that was created in 2002 (it won't open in Access 2K). Thanks in advance for your help! Heidi Assuming that you have Access 2000 and this is a one-time event, find someone who has Access 2002 or 2003 and send them the database. They could covert it to the Access 2000 format for you. That would be simpler, and cheaper, than trying to install another version of Access. Assuming that the database isn&#...

problems with backup files for money 98
i recently purchased a new pc, and installed my version of money 98, and it does not recognize the backup files i saved on a cd-rw, however, it does bring them up on my old pc. when attempting to start up money, it displays a message that says 'cannot locate D:Financials....., this may be due to the file being read only. you can change this in windows explorer by changing its properties' i have been able to open money, but cannot retrieve the files of my accounts. i have saved it (the backup files) to the hard drive, and it says the same thing. this problem is critical as t...

Earn Big Money
Your source for Internet Training, Net-Marketing Training, Internet Success, and Comprehensive Internet Education Fulfill Your Dreams! Thanks for taking a look at our introductory page about Internet training, Net-Marketing training, Internet advertising, Internet success, Internet education, and advertising and marketing tutorials! Click on these links to find what you're looking for regarding Internet training, Net-Marketing training, Internet success, Internet education, and Advertising and Marketing tutorials. We've tried to make our web site about Success On The Internet the v...

Does any MS Money version include tracking vehicle fuel usage deta
My previous personal finance tracking software automatically requested mileage/odometer reading and amount of fuel and could report quickly and easily on consumption per vehicle. It boggles my mind that this simple add-on is not available on such an established personal finance package, so I assume the version I am trialing is just missing it, and it can't be a complete oversight from MS. Please could someone let me know if any version of MS money includes this facility, and if none, what other personal finance software does? =?Utf-8?B?QmFycnk=?= <Barry@discussions.microsoft.co...