Money 2001 suddenly started crashing

I've used Money 2001 for several years.  Suddenly it started crashing
when I go to Investing/Portfolio.  This may have started after I
installed SP2 for Win XP.  Anyone have the same problem or know of a
fix?
0
djgatz (7)
12/3/2004 6:24:03 PM
money 28651 articles. 7 followers. Follow

Do you get an error message?

--
Glyn Simpson, Microsoft MVP - Money
http://money.mvps.org

or http://www.microsoft.com/uk/support/money/feedback especially
if it's a UK specific wish.

"Don Gatz" <djgatz@chartermi.net> wrote in message
> I've used Money 2001 for several years.  Suddenly it started crashing
> when I go to Investing/Portfolio.  This may have started after I
> installed SP2 for Win XP.  Anyone have the same problem or know of a
> fix?

0
glyn1 (1534)
12/4/2004 11:23:07 AM
I just get the usual box that says "Microsoft Money has encountered a
problem and needs to close. We are sorry for any inconvenience."

"Glyn Simpson, MVP" <glyn@serf.org> wrote in message news:<ekymhOf2EHA.824@TK2MSFTNGP11.phx.gbl>...
> Do you get an error message?
>
> --
> Glyn Simpson, Microsoft MVP - Money
> http://money.mvps.org
>
> Check http://support.microsoft.com/default.aspx?scid=fh;EN-GB;mny
> for UK tips and fixes for MS Money. To send Microsoft your wishes or
> suggestions, use http://register.microsoft.com/mswish/suggestion.asp
> or http://www.microsoft.com/uk/support/money/feedback especially
> if it's a UK specific wish.
>
> I do not respond to any unsolicited email regarding Money
>
> "Don Gatz" <djgatz@chartermi.net> wrote in message
> > I've used Money 2001 for several years.  Suddenly it started crashing
> > when I go to Investing/Portfolio.  This may have started after I
> > installed SP2 for Win XP.  Anyone have the same problem or know of a
> > fix?
0
djgatz (7)
12/5/2004 5:50:11 AM
Have you tried a repair on the file?

--

>I just get the usual box that says "Microsoft Money has encountered a
> problem and needs to close. We are sorry for any inconvenience."
>

> "Glyn Simpson, MVP" <glyn@serf.org> wrote in message
>> Do you get an error message?
>>
>> --
>> Glyn Simpson, Microsoft MVP - Money
>> http://money.mvps.org
>>
>> Check http://support.microsoft.com/default.aspx?scid=fh;EN-GB;mny
>> for UK tips and fixes for MS Money. To send Microsoft your wishes or
>> suggestions, use http://register.microsoft.com/mswish/suggestion.asp
>> or http://www.microsoft.com/uk/support/money/feedback especially
>> if it's a UK specific wish.
>>
>> I do not respond to any unsolicited email regarding Money
>>
>> "Don Gatz" <djgatz@chartermi.net> wrote in message
>> > I've used Money 2001 for several years.  Suddenly it started crashing
>> > when I go to Investing/Portfolio.  This may have started after I
>> > installed SP2 for Win XP.  Anyone have the same problem or know of a
>> > fix?

0
glyn1 (1534)
12/5/2004 2:38:07 PM
No, I haven't.  I looked through "Help" for instructions on how to do
that, but didn't find any.  Can you give me the steps?  Many thanks.

"Glyn Simpson, MVP" <glyn@serf.org> wrote in message news:<#LRmIgt2EHA.3376@TK2MSFTNGP12.phx.gbl>...
> Have you tried a repair on the file?
>
> --
> Glyn Simpson, Microsoft MVP - Money
> http://money.mvps.org
>
> Check http://support.microsoft.com/default.aspx?scid=fh;EN-GB;mny
> for UK tips and fixes for MS Money. To send Microsoft your wishes or
> suggestions, use http://register.microsoft.com/mswish/suggestion.asp
> or http://www.microsoft.com/uk/support/money/feedback especially
> if it's a UK specific wish.
>
> I do not respond to any unsolicited email regarding Money
>
> "Don Gatz" <djgatz@chartermi.net> wrote in message
> >I just get the usual box that says "Microsoft Money has encountered a
> > problem and needs to close. We are sorry for any inconvenience."
> >

> > "Glyn Simpson, MVP" <glyn@serf.org> wrote in message
> >> Do you get an error message?
> >>
> >> --
> >> Glyn Simpson, Microsoft MVP - Money
> >> http://money.mvps.org
> >>
> >> Check http://support.microsoft.com/default.aspx?scid=fh;EN-GB;mny
> >> for UK tips and fixes for MS Money. To send Microsoft your wishes or
> >> suggestions, use http://register.microsoft.com/mswish/suggestion.asp
> >> or http://www.microsoft.com/uk/support/money/feedback especially
> >> if it's a UK specific wish.
> >>
> >> I do not respond to any unsolicited email regarding Money
> >>
> >> "Don Gatz" <djgatz@chartermi.net> wrote in message
0
djgatz (7)
12/5/2004 11:31:09 PM
http://money.mvps.org/faq/default.aspx#ErrorChecking has a couple of
pointers to KB articles for this.

--

> No, I haven't.  I looked through "Help" for instructions on how to do
> that, but didn't find any.  Can you give me the steps?  Many thanks.
>

> "Glyn Simpson, MVP" <glyn@serf.org> wrote in message
>> Have you tried a repair on the file?
>>
>> --
>> Glyn Simpson, Microsoft MVP - Money
>> http://money.mvps.org
>>
>> Check http://support.microsoft.com/default.aspx?scid=fh;EN-GB;mny
>> for UK tips and fixes for MS Money. To send Microsoft your wishes or
>> suggestions, use http://register.microsoft.com/mswish/suggestion.asp
>> or http://www.microsoft.com/uk/support/money/feedback especially
>> if it's a UK specific wish.
>>
>> I do not respond to any unsolicited email regarding Money
>>
>> "Don Gatz" <djgatz@chartermi.net> wrote in message
>> >I just get the usual box that says "Microsoft Money has encountered a
>> > problem and needs to close. We are sorry for any inconvenience."
>> >

>> > "Glyn Simpson, MVP" <glyn@serf.org> wrote in message

0
glyn1 (1534)
12/6/2004 8:40:17 AM
Thanks for the tip.  I ran the supersalvage utility, and although it
said it successfully repaired the file, the program still crashed when
I went to Investing/Portfolio.  The log of the salvage utility gave the
following message: "Warning: broken records in system table."  The
salvage utility suggests that the next step is to create a new data
file and export existing account information to the new file.  That is
what I will do next unless you have another suggestion.  Thanks again
for the help.

Glyn Simpson, MVP wrote:
> http://money.mvps.org/faq/default.aspx#ErrorChecking has a couple of
> pointers to KB articles for this.
>
> --
> Glyn Simpson, Microsoft MVP - Money
> http://money.mvps.org
>
> Check http://support.microsoft.com/default.aspx?scid=fh;EN-GB;mny
> for UK tips and fixes for MS Money. To send Microsoft your wishes or
> suggestions, use http://register.microsoft.com/mswish/suggestion.asp
> or http://www.microsoft.com/uk/support/money/feedback especially
> if it's a UK specific wish.
>
> I do not respond to any unsolicited email regarding Money
>
> "Don Gatz" <djgatz@chartermi.net> wrote in message
> > No, I haven't.  I looked through "Help" for instructions on how to
do
> > that, but didn't find any.  Can you give me the steps?  Many
thanks.

> > "Glyn Simpson, MVP" <glyn@serf.org> wrote in message
> >> Have you tried a repair on the file?
> >>
> >> --
> >> Glyn Simpson, Microsoft MVP - Money
> >> http://money.mvps.org
> >>
> >> Check http://support.microsoft.com/default.aspx?scid=fh;EN-GB;mny
> >> for UK tips and fixes for MS Money. To send Microsoft your wishes
or
> >> suggestions, use
> >> or http://www.microsoft.com/uk/support/money/feedback especially
> >> if it's a UK specific wish.
> >>
> >> I do not respond to any unsolicited email regarding Money
> >>
> >> "Don Gatz" <djgatz@chartermi.net> wrote in message

http://support.microsoft.com/default.aspx?scid=fh;EN-GB;mny

0
djgatz (7)
12/6/2004 5:50:05 PM
The only other tip is that if you're seeing these errors in the investing
section, you may have this problem which I had a few months back:

http://support.microsoft.com/default.aspx?scid=kb;en-us;272211 which refers
to a damaged investment account.

--

> Thanks for the tip.  I ran the supersalvage utility, and although it
> said it successfully repaired the file, the program still crashed when
> I went to Investing/Portfolio.  The log of the salvage utility gave the
> following message: "Warning: broken records in system table."  The
> salvage utility suggests that the next step is to create a new data
> file and export existing account information to the new file.  That is
> what I will do next unless you have another suggestion.  Thanks again
> for the help.
>

> Glyn Simpson, MVP wrote:
>> http://money.mvps.org/faq/default.aspx#ErrorChecking has a couple of
>> pointers to KB articles for this.
>>
>> --
>> Glyn Simpson, Microsoft MVP - Money
>> http://money.mvps.org
>>
>> Check http://support.microsoft.com/default.aspx?scid=fh;EN-GB;mny
>> for UK tips and fixes for MS Money. To send Microsoft your wishes or
>> suggestions, use http://register.microsoft.com/mswish/suggestion.asp
>> or http://www.microsoft.com/uk/support/money/feedback especially
>> if it's a UK specific wish.
>>
>> I do not respond to any unsolicited email regarding Money
>>
>> "Don Gatz" <djgatz@chartermi.net> wrote in message
>> > No, I haven't.  I looked through "Help" for instructions on how to
> do
>> > that, but didn't find any.  Can you give me the steps?  Many
> thanks.
>> >

>> > "Glyn Simpson, MVP" <glyn@serf.org> wrote in message

> or
> http://register.microsoft.com/mswish/suggestion.asp

> encountered a

> http://support.microsoft.com/default.aspx?scid=fh;EN-GB;mny
> wishes or
> http://register.microsoft.com/mswish/suggestion.asp
> especially

> after I
> know of a

0
glyn1 (1534)
12/11/2004 3:21:57 PM
I have the exact same problem.  I have been unable to load the mny or mbf
file after money froze.  I ran Super Restore program and got the error
message: "broken records in system table."  Microsoft's KB article
http://support.microsoft.com/kb/274584/en-us suggests exporting and importing
the data to a new file.  However, I am unable to open the old file in order
to perform the export.  Any suggestions would be greatly appreciated.

Dan were you able to fix your problem?

"Don Gatz" wrote:

> I've used Money 2001 for several years.  Suddenly it started crashing
> when I go to Investing/Portfolio.  This may have started after I
> installed SP2 for Win XP.  Anyone have the same problem or know of a
> fix?

0
Gimpyboy (2)
4/2/2005 9:31:03 PM
I updated to Money 2005 and was able to fully recover my data files as part
of the file conversion.  I learned my lesson regarding regular backups.

"Gimpyboy" wrote:

> I have the exact same problem.  I have been unable to load the mny or mbf
> file after money froze.  I ran Super Restore program and got the error
> message: "broken records in system table."  Microsoft's KB article
> http://support.microsoft.com/kb/274584/en-us suggests exporting and importing
> the data to a new file.  However, I am unable to open the old file in order
> to perform the export.  Any suggestions would be greatly appreciated.
>
> Dan were you able to fix your problem?
>
> "Don Gatz" wrote:
>
> > I've used Money 2001 for several years.  Suddenly it started crashing
> > when I go to Investing/Portfolio.  This may have started after I
> > installed SP2 for Win XP.  Anyone have the same problem or know of a
> > fix?

0
Gimpyboy (2)

Auto-Start Timer when Opening Existing Journal Item?
Hi folks - I've been looking for a way to automatically start the "timer" feature on an existing journal item every time it is opened, so that the "duration" field in list view collects the aggregate total of how many minutes that journal item has been open since it was created. I have found lots of info on how to auto-start the timer when a NEW journal item is created, but setting starttimer on OPEN still escapes me. If anyone can help out I'd appreciate it! michael ...

Money 2007
I recently upgraded from M04 to M07 because it had some bugs that annoyed me, and I wanted to see if any of my FI's had online capability in M07. Well, the online update has been nothing but trouble. I connected directly to Commerce Bank in M04 flawlessly every time, never had a problem. Now in M07, I try all day at different points in the day to get it to connect but it rarely does. I also have an account with a CC company called Direct Merchants Bank. M04 didn't have online access for this, but when I upgraded it was listed. Apparently it doesn't connect directly to the bank th...

Let's all contact MS Money Support
It probably won't help, but if we all contact MS Money support -- while it is still active -- and ask them to do what they can to get Microsoft to lift the activation code requirement, maybe it will have an affect. Of course, like someone else wrote, the ideal solution would be for MS Money to offer maintenance of the site at its current functionality for a yearly fee, without having to update the software, but if they won't do that, maybe, just maybe, we can get them to somehow lift the activation code so we can continue to use the program even when we buy new computers... At...

Restoring Cash flow to Money 2002
The cashflow feature is showing a zero balance and when I click on the icon or "cash flow" nothing happens--it's like this feature was deleted somehow. How can I resotr this feature? Thank you The FAQ on this issue: --- Q): How come my cash flow forecast refuses to display? [Relevant to Money2002 (v.10)] A): Usually one or more scheduled bills/deposits is, for reasons unknown, causing this problem. The offending bill/deposit can be identified by trial and error as follows: 1) make a copy of your Money data file 2) open the copy 3) delete scheduled bills/deposits one...

Money Deluxe 2006 hangs after successful install
I am unable to start Money 2006 Deluxe after installing. I had no trouble installing the software. However, when I try to start it, entire computer hangs. Nothing works. I have to do a hard reset. One thing I noticed is that when the computer hangs, I am still able to move the mouse and can turn the Num Lock on and off. Nothing else works on the keyboard. There are no error messages in the event viewer. I was on the phone with Microsoft support for 2 hours and even they could not figure it out. Any ideas ???? Thanks! what type of computer, what operating system, how much memory. If MS ...

Media Player does nothing when attempting to start
Vista x86 Home Premium I am trying to repair a friend's computer after she got a virus. One of the few problems left to repair is Media Player. It simply will not start. The computer does practically nothing when I try to start it. The exe file pops up briefly in task manager then just disappears. I have removed all malware possible with avast, and Iobit 360. I have used Advance System Care for other repairs. I have also scanned for problems with command prompt. It has done nothing different. Run the System File Checker to repair any corrupted files. Find Command Prompt in ...

Visual C++ error when starting Outlook XP
Whenever I start Outlook XP I get the following error: Debug Error! Program: c:\progra~1\Micros~2\Office10\outlook.exe abnormal program termination (press retry todebug the application) Abort Retry Ignore Whn I abort, it quits Outlook and I go back in just fine the second time. Anyone have any ideas? ...

Still can't open news headlines in MS Money
The links to the headline news items on the home page of MS Money 2004 Deluxe stopped working late last week and still don't work. Is anyone else having this problem? Any ideas? Thanks. "Chuck Leven" <CHLeven@hotmail.com> wrote in message news:%23okCSRr7FHA.3416@TK2MSFTNGP15.phx.gbl... > The links to the headline news items on the home page of MS Money 2004 > Deluxe stopped working late last week and still don't work. Is anyone > else having this problem? Any ideas? Thanks. > I am having the same thing. Just started today for me. Breaking news ...

Money Deluxe 2006
I have been unable to get Money Deluxe 2006 to work properly when the home page is set to "my money." The program hangs and takes 5+ minutes to load this page. When I choose "MSN Money News" for the home page, it works fine. All other parts of the program work well. I'm wondering if others have experienced this? -- Bill T In microsoft.public.money, Bill T wrote: >I have been unable to get Money Deluxe 2006 to work properly when the home >page is set to "my money." The program hangs and takes 5+ minutes to load >this page. When I choose ...

Start menu slow to display
Hi, On one of my machines (which have a nearly identical set-up), access to the Start Menu various items is slow (several seconds), with hard disk activity before they display. Since I have 1.5 G of RAM, it is not an issue of lack of memory. What can I do to make XP keep in memory the Start Menu and display it instantly or almost, as on my other machines? Thanks for your pointers. -- John Doue Try this: Adjusting Windows XP Menu Show Delay http://www.lancelhoff.com/adjusting-windows-xp-menu-show-delay/ -- Rey "John Doue" wrote: > Hi, > &g...

Problem starting Money 2004; Module mscofd.dll
Hi, Will appreciate any help with this problem. For months now, I can't start Money 2004, I had been using it successfully for a long time before it suddenly started giving this problem. When starting, even before the logon page, i get an error: Microsoft Money has encountered a problem and needs to close. AppName: msmoney.exe AppVer: 12.0.0.613 ModName: mscofd.dll ModVer: 12.0.0.613 Offset: 0001163d Is this an issue with Windows 2000, Internet Explorer or Money ? Any help will be greatly appreciated. I have sent the error reports to microsoft umpteen number of times in the...

Update retirement accounts not working in Money 2006 Deluxe
I usually enter my retirement account info (401, 457, etc) via the Update Retirement Account option. have not been able to use this for any 2006 statements (up to 2005 worked fine). I enter all the data but it does not get entered into the register. If I go back into "Update Retirement Account" the data is all there, but nothing in the register. I tried Quick File repair with no observable change. Is this a known issue? Is there a patch? There have been issues like this with Update Retirement Account for eons. I can only conclude that Microsoft really doesn't care if it ...

Newbie CRM developer: Getting started on integration
Greetings, We're getting ready to start up some development. Our first efforts are focused on integrating MS CRM with an ERP system (QAD's MFG/PRO), not customzing MS CRM application functionality. I'm new to this and need to take my first baby steps as I'm from a blank page. We've done the design and we're pretty happy with it for the moment (thanks to the list for feedback earlier this week). Our first efforts will be focused using the SDK (as opposed to using Biztalk). My first baby step is to install visual studio on my laptop computer and then use the...

Access 2007 crashing with right click on subform
Has anyone else experienced Access 2007 crashing when users right click on the subform (with the intention to use the copy feature in the shortcut menu). I went through Allen Browne's recommended checks (Name Autocorrect Options, references, decompiling, etc) and I even tried installing Office SP1 but no luck. (Access also crashes for me when right clicking on the recordsource proptery of a Form). ds I'm not getting that crash in A2007 SP1. I wonder what's different. Is your subform based on a query that uses more than 1 table? If so, is there are text box for the foreign key ...

MSN Explorer using Money file on hard drive?
I am a computer consultant and was hired by a new client this past week to solve his Money issues. I am a little bewildered by what I have seen. Point by point... 1. He and said that things he entered were "not sticking". He is VERY elderly and not that savvy with PCs, so I took this with a grain of salt...BUT... 2. He is using MSN Explorer to manage his portfolio, so I thought it was all online. 3. Upon looking at his portfolio and then closing MSN Explorer, we got a message on the screen that his "file was being compressed". That sent up a big red flag to ...

Money 98 Restoring Backup
I recently got a new computer running Windows XP. My old system was running Windows 98. When I installed the program, Money 98 on my new system and tried to restore my backup from floppy it wouldnt work. It didn't seem to recognize it the file extension type. The file extension on the backup file is .mbf and I noticed when I was going thru the restore process when I got to the step where you identify the source of the file to restore the pull down list under the file type didn't include this extension. It looks like it wants a .mny extension but the .mbf is what the backup prog...

Can't export to CSV from Money 2003
I suddenly am unable to export a money report and save as a CSV. I am able to save, but when excel 2003 opens up, there is nothing. When I look at the details of the csv file, there are 0 kb. I don't know if this is a money problem, excel problem or a windows problem. Has anyone seen or heard of anything like this? ...

Reinstall after hard drive crash?
Version: 2008 Operating System: Mac OS X 10.5 (Leopard) Processor: Intel I recently had to replace my hard drive, and lost all of the data on it. I still have the product key I used to install office the first time, but I am wondering if I can still use it? Microsoft support is no help (they want me to pay 49$ just to call them!) Thanks In article <59b7379c.-1@webcrossing.caR9absDaxw>, mork@officeformac.com wrote: > I recently had to replace my hard drive, and lost all of the data on it. I > still have the product key I used to install office the first time, but I am > wo...

MS Money Mortgage Account
I currently running MSM03. I have a mortgage account set up for the monthly payments. I set the account up based upon the amount of loan, monthly payment, rate and escrow details. When I pay the mortgage from my checking account, it automatically calculates the principal and interest per the orignal set up. Recently the calculated values are incorrect. For instance this month, an 1,800.00 payment should have calculated the payment to be ~801 (P) and ~789 (I), plus fixed excrow. It instead calculates tne principal as ~1,500.00 splits the fixed escrow and then calculates the interest as wh...

Which to use FF (finish to finish) or FS (finish to start) on task
I have serveral different tasks (risk management, risk assessement, update risk assessment). I would like to link the Risk Assessment to the first task under it, then link the last task in the subgroup back to the risk assessment task, so it looks like it continues the whole time. So, for example, I have my task #5 risk assessment, task #6 define project tracking and task #26 vision approved. If you click on task #6, I have the #5 risk assessment as the Predecessor with a SS Type. If you click on task #26, I have task #5 risk assessment as the Predessessor with FF Type. ...

Outlook will not start and other things
No sure where to start here. I am trying to fix a PC with Outlook 2002 that seems to have a mind of its own. Like today it refuses to start at all. I get the logo screen with an hour glass and that's it. Task manager says "Not Responding" . Wait a few minutes and then shut it down via TM and then start again, this time a message "failed to start correctly last time - start in safe mode?" Click OK, same thing - logo screen plus hour glass and again TM says "not responding". Sometimes I gat an error on starting Outlook that offers to run the Repair tool. ...

Why Micorosoft Money only have Standard in Canada? What is the different between Candian Standard Edition and the U.S.?
Hi, everyone; I live in Canada....... I wanting to get the Microsoft Money Deluxe or maybe Premium Edition... Because I do a little Stock Trading myself.. and wanted to use to Stock Trade Tracker... However, in Canada they only have the "Standard Canadian Edition".. Can't find any Deluxe or Premium up here.... The only way is I have to buy it through Ebay from someone down in the United States... What is the different between the Candian Standard Edition and the U.S. one anyway? ...

Money 2004 problems
Maybe one of U Boffins can advise me of a solution to this?? I live in Australia and have just installed Money 2004 (us) and I can not find a way to instruct 2004 to go round the MSN MONEY site to get access to stock excahange updates other than US Regards Scott If you have bought the US version that is not surprising. For Oz you need the International English version, I think. -- Regards Bob Peel, Microsoft MVP - Money For UK tips & fixes see http://support.microsoft.com/default.aspx?scid=fh;EN-GB;mny. For wishes or suggestions see http://register.microsoft.com/mswish/suggestio...

Outlook Express wants to load when Outlook 2003 starts
Hi, Everytime I load Outlook 2003, the "Manage Identities" box shows up for Outlook Express within two seconds. Anyone know why OE is trying to start when I load up Outlook 2003? Thanks Which application is set as the Default (in Internet Explorer, Tools>Internet Options>Programs tab)? I'm wondering if a shared resource isn't being touched and you have some sort of registration issue. You might try toggling the default, click Apply and then restart Outlook 2003. I'll check further with some solution notes when I get into the office. Let me know what ha...

downloading money
Help!! I had to re format my computer. Installation appears to have went fine. Then upon trying to open it says to reinstall, that it cannot open the user agreement. After reinstalling, it still has the warning that pops up saying it cannot run Money because it cannot display the end user license agreement. Any ideas on what I can do??? In microsoft.public.money, steph wrote: >Help!! I had to re format my computer. Installation >appears to have went fine. Then upon trying to open it >says to reinstall, that it cannot open the user >agreement. After reinstalling, it still...