Money 2000 Deluxe

Please advise

I just upgraded my computer and reinstalled Money 2000
Deluxe.  When I tried to backup or transfer my data from
floppy to Money. My data would not transfer...

Any tips would be greatly appreciated....How can i get my
data to transfer from my floppy into money?????I have
tried backup option and this doesn't seem to work nor does
the restore option....
money 28651 articles. 7 followers. Follow

In microsoft.public.money, Rich wrote:

>Please advise
>
>I just upgraded my computer and reinstalled Money 2000
>Deluxe.  When I tried to backup or transfer my data from
>floppy to Money. My data would not transfer...
>
>Any tips would be greatly appreciated....How can i get my
>data to transfer from my floppy into money?????I have
>tried backup option and this doesn't seem to work nor does
>the restore option....

Try describing what you did and what happened. There appear to be
contradictions in your posts.

0
via_newsgroup (13114)

microsoft money #10
I tried to open Money on my computer (version 2003) The original page was replaced by Microsoft. How did this happen? How to I get my original files? What "original page"? What makes you say it "was replaced by Microsoft"? Have you tried opening your original files? (Money File|Open or double-click on them from Windows Explorer.) "DR support" <DRsupport@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:AB8D2DDB-8EA1-4665-A875-D19A468B19AA@microsoft.com... >I tried to open Money on my computer (version 2003) The original page was > replaced by Mi...

Can't send via Outlook 2000
Hi folks - I'd appreciate your help. All of a sudden, with no changes on my part, I cannot send via Outlook 2000. I can receive (I use netaddress.com for incoming), but I can't send out (I use outgoing.verizon.net). I have a DSL connection. Verizon says all is fine on their end and with my set up. My anti-virus is current and has no issues. The emails I send stay in my outbox, and it keeps attempting to send them. Error messages vary, but they are usually of the gist that the TCP/IP connection was unexpectedly terminated by the server (outgoing.verizon.net). Any insigh...

Money 2004 Upgrade Problem
I've been using Money 2003 small business. When I put in Money 2004 Standard it converted my files to 2004. I want the full small business functionality but now cannot open my files in 2003. The error reads: "Money cannot locate '(file name)' or cannot open it, possibly because it is a read-only file or you do not have permission to change it or your disk drive is write protected." I know the file is not read-only and is not open in another program. I also have the permission to change files on my computer. Does anyone have any suggestions for what to do? I'm prett...

Problems with reports on Money 2004
I am having problems getting onto the reports page as everytime it crashes. I have tried to repair using the disk and uninstalled and re-installed and it still doesn't work. I am told that there isn't a new UK version available so I cannot upgrade. Can anybody help In microsoft.public.money, Jayne Morris <Jayne Morris@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote: >I am having problems getting onto the reports page as everytime it crashes. I >have tried to repair using the disk and uninstalled and re-installed and it >still doesn't work. I am told that there isn't a ne...

Adding a VCard to an e-mail using Outlook 2000 and Outlook 2003.
Hello. I have a question. Does anyone here know how to add a VCard to an e-mail in Outlook 2000 as well as in Outlook 2003? I want to be able to do this after I click new and I have a new blank message on my screen. Any and all help would be greatly appreciated. Thank you. -- darylakagod Outlook provides no way to add a vCard .vcf file in this scenario. The built-in way to do it is to start with a contact, not a message, and choose Forward as vCard on the contact's Actions menu. -- Sue Mosher, Outlook MVP Author of Microsoft Outlook Programming - Jumpstart for Admin...

Money 2004 Backup file
Hi Is there a way to specify a folder in the 'backup' options in Money 2004? For instance, I would like to backup to my zip drive which is drive R. But it doesn't give the option to specify a folder in that drive, just saves it in the root folder. Thanks Dan In microsoft.public.money, Dan wrote: > >Is there a way to specify a folder in the 'backup' options in Money 2004? >For instance, I would like to backup to my zip drive which is drive R. But >it doesn't give the option to specify a folder in that drive, just saves it >in the root folder. ...

Import data from Money 2002 to Excel
Hi, I'd like to import some transactions history from Money 2002 into Excel. Does anybody know how I can do this? Thx. In microsoft.public.money, Nick wrote: >Hi, > >I'd like to import some transactions history from Money >2002 into Excel. Does anybody know how I can do this? Prepare a report in Money and right-click into it. You can copy and paste or choose Export.... For more sophisticated information access, search Google for Moneylink. ...

Money 2000 Windows XP SP2 Password problems
Hi. * I have reformatted my hard drive (On a Compaq Table TC1000) & reinstalled Windows XP Pro Tablet. * I have then installed the Windows XP SP2. I then restored my backups, which included my mny data file from Money 2000. * I then (amongst other software installs) installed Money from the original CD. * When I tried to start Money, it asks for the password as usual BUT it doesn't accept the usual password. * I have checked that it is the right file, checked Caps Lock, typed carefully several times - to no avail. * Are you aware of any problems with Money 2000 & SP2? I...

Money 2007 deluxe backup issue
for some reason Money is breaking up my backups to my 4gb usb flash drive around the 3 mb area - i have compact data checked - regular files are 8 & 12 mb are there settings to change to prevent this from happening there is plenty of space on the drive it names the file xxxd1 when i used my gigabank 8gb drive it did not do this but alas it died when i just try to continue on the 4g it says already used insert me medium advise please thanks In microsoft.public.money, tony wrote: >for some reason Money is breaking up my backups to my 4gb usb flash drive >around the 3 mb area...

excel file 2000
Trying to get to an excel file on the "L" drive but the file is said to be locked by "jdoe", its on a NW 5.1 Novell - one someone is working on this file - other users can't edit it too can this be done? thanks When an excel file is saved on a network drive. Only one person may use it at a time. Unless it is a shared workbook. On the Tools menu, click Share Workbook, and then click the Editing tab. Select the Allow changes by more than one user at the same time check box, and then click OK. When prompted, save the workbook. This should allow more than one u...

Can Money store bill balances?
Can money store my bill balances? For instance if I only partially pay a bill, I'd like to see what my balance is. Only if you create a liability account, record the bill as a liability, then pay all or part. The balance of the liability account is the balance of the bill. -- Chris Cowles Gainesville, FL "BDK" <BDK@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:298D90B7-A9CC-4F60-B598-196D52517C16@microsoft.com... > Can money store my bill balances? For instance if I only partially pay a > bill, I'd like to see what my balance is. See also http://u...

Money 2005 #34
Perhaps I don't quite understand how to use Money, it's all new to me but this is my question, When I create an invoice and I receive that invoice into my business account it shows as "payment for invoice" but when the check for that invoice is deposited into my bank it shows up as 2 deposits when I download info from the bank. I can't get them to "match" as the "payment for invoice" does not show as an income. Am I missing something? -- Any help will be greatly appreciated, MtnMaine I'm sorry to hear that you are having this problem because...

Explanation of Money Performance Report
If i run a perfomance report there are 2 columns for judging performance - "%Rate of Return" & "Annual % Return". I am having a problem understanding the meaning of each column. If I run the report for exactly 1 year then both columns show the exact same numbers for indexes such as Dow Jones Indutrial Average or Nasdaq Composite which I have in my watch list. In the same report for exactly 1 year the 2 columns have very different numbers for my stocks and mutual funds. For example I have a mutual fund which shows 1.28 for % Rate of Return and 21.32 for Annu...

Money 2005 UK 'My Money' homepage
Does the UK version of Money 2005 have all the same options for synchorising account data onto the internet via the 'My Money' web page, the same was as the US version does? I keep being told that my accounts information is being uploaded to 'My Money' on the web..but can't find head nor tail when I sign on with my net password. Any thoughts... thanks The UK version has much much less of the online stuff that the US version has. -- Glyn Simpson, Microsoft MVP - Money http://money.mvps.org Check http://support.microsoft.com/default.aspx?scid=fh;EN-GB;mny for UK t...

EVENT ID: 51 & 26
Hi. I'm telecommuting today. I was working happily along when=20 all of a sudden, Windows 2000 Pro froze. Nothing worked,=20 no way to restart so I pushed the restart button. Now, when I try to open Outlook in my profile, the other=20 two on the pc are fine, I get two error messages that=20 basically happen simultaneously. EVENT ID: 51 Event Type: Warning Event Source: Disk Event Category: None Event ID: 51 Date: 6/30/2004 Time: 3:54:18 PM User: N/A Computer: THE-REED-RANCH Description: An error was detected on device \Device\Harddisk1\DR1=20 during a paging operation.=20 Data: 0000: ...

Upgrading from trial to Money 2005
I've installed a trial version of Money from the Microsoft website and having used it successfully decided to by the 2005 version. I'm having problems when I install 2005 - it says it's going to back up my data file and then convert it but when it tries i get the message that it can't find the data file or it may be write protected. I've checked the data file and it's not write protected and 2005 is definitely looking in the right place for it. Can anyone help please as I don't want to lose the data i've set up. Thanks in advance Tracey In microsoft.pu...

money 2004 canadian and norton antivirus
Can't install because of norton antivirus Turn off Norton Antivirus? -- Will you sponsor me in the Tour de Cure? http://main.diabetes.org/site/TR?pg=personal&fr_id=1058&px=1626087 "Sylvain" <sylvain.savage@sympatico.ca> wrote in message news:083401c358ef$094794e0$a101280a@phx.gbl... > Can't install because of norton antivirus ...

Microsoft query returns no data, Office 2000, Excel
I run a query in Microsoft excel, with Microsoft access as the data source This spread sheet is accessed throughout our company, and works fine on all PC's but one The query returns no data on this particular PC In addition it does not return any errors Could someone assist me regarding this quandary ...

problem with opening a money file <WEIRD>
I have used money 2005 for a year. Couple days ago I had to format my hard drive and install Windows XP a new. I saved my money mny file and the backup to it in the safe place. When I installed MS Money on my new system and tryed to open my mny file it displayed this error: --------------------------------------------------------------------- Money cannot locate 'filename' or cannot open it, possibly because it is a read-only file or you do not have permission to change it or your disk drive is write protected. If you have chosen the correct file and it cannot be accessed, you wi...

McAfee SystemGuard shuts down Publisher 2000! HELP!!!
OPSys: Windows XP Publisher version 2002 A few months ago McAfee was updated on my computer. When I tried to open my Publisher (v. 2002) files McAfee SystemsGuard would shut it down or lock up my computer. I temporarily loaded an old version of Publisher on my computer, however, I could not open my old files nor did it offer the same abilities to do certain functions so I could not duplicate some of my documents. Yesterday, I reinstalled version 2002. The same thing started happening. While I was once again able to open my previous files, it would immediately lock up and try to s...

Money 2003 D&B
Whenever I try to start the Money 2003 d&B Invoice Designer, either from within Money or from the Start/Programs/ Menus, I get a series of Window Installer error boxes that say it "Can't load file" and refers to a SerialNumber.DLL file in a temp directory. After clicking on OK 9 times, the Invoice Designer starts. This is getting a little aggrevating having to clck OK 9 times just to start the program. I've uninstalled and reinstalled Money 2003 D&B without success. Can any body offer a solution? BTY, I am running WinXP Home, SP1. Thanks. ...

Access 2000 to SQL?
I want to know if you'd recommend that a novice convert back end data files to SQL database tables. I want to continue using Access 2000 as front-end. Our users are placing high demand on data tables requiring frequent compact and repairs. Any other suggestions? I kind of doubt that a novice will be able to handle that. It will take an experienced SQL Server programmer/DBA to do the job correctly. -- Lynn Trapp MS Access MVP www.ltcomputerdesigns.com Access Security: www.ltcomputerdesigns.com/Security.htm "Denise" <anonymous@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in ...

Outlook 2000 not sync-ing with Outlook Express 6
I have just installed Outlook Express 6 on my laptop...but for some reason it is not sync-ing with my Outlook 2000 running at my office. Emails are not showing up on my laptop if already displayed (not necessarily opened) and vice versa. For example, I now have (2) New/Unread in my inbox email on Outlook 2000 that there's no corresponding new emails since it was already displayed on my laptop via Outlook Express 6. How do I remedy this out of sync problem? What do you mean? Outlook Express has nothing to do with Outlook. They would never "sync." -- Russ Valentine [M...

problems with backup files for money 98
i recently purchased a new pc, and installed my version of money 98, and it does not recognize the backup files i saved on a cd-rw, however, it does bring them up on my old pc. when attempting to start up money, it displays a message that says 'cannot locate D:Financials....., this may be due to the file being read only. you can change this in windows explorer by changing its properties' i have been able to open money, but cannot retrieve the files of my accounts. i have saved it (the backup files) to the hard drive, and it says the same thing. this problem is critical as t...

Earn Big Money
Your source for Internet Training, Net-Marketing Training, Internet Success, and Comprehensive Internet Education Fulfill Your Dreams! Thanks for taking a look at our introductory page about Internet training, Net-Marketing training, Internet advertising, Internet success, Internet education, and advertising and marketing tutorials! Click on these links to find what you're looking for regarding Internet training, Net-Marketing training, Internet success, Internet education, and Advertising and Marketing tutorials. We've tried to make our web site about Success On The Internet the v...