Money 2000 asking for password

Money 2000 asking for password for a file that was not previously password
protected.

The PC concerned has recently been fdisked and fresh install of win 98 and
the same version of Money 2000 Standard edition installed.  All data files,
My Docs etc burnt on to CD, then copied back to the PC.  Now when attepting
to open money files an error message apperas:
Money cant locateC:/.........My Money....or cant open it   because read only
file or disck write protedted.

The file was read only so change back to read/write, and now it stil will
not open because it asks for a password.  here was no password ever
set......so what to do

Cheers

Neil
0
NeilP (6)
9/5/2005 8:41:02 PM
money 28651 articles. 7 followers. Follow

You are 100% certain that this is the same version of Money as before? See
http://umpmfaq.info/faqdb.php?q=152 for a surprisingly common explanation
for circumstances like yours.

"Neil P" <NeilP@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
> Money 2000 asking for password for a file that was not previously password
> protected.
>
> The PC concerned has recently been fdisked and fresh install of win 98 and
> the same version of Money 2000 Standard edition installed.

I have been asked to sort this after someone else re nstalled windows, money
etc on to it.  The owner only has one set of installation disks, so it must
be the same version, unless someone else has upgraded his older version on
the machine before the FDISK and he has forgotten.  The version on the newly
installed machine says Money 2000 Standard edition, and this is what the
owner says he had on before

But will try the Money Trial just the same.

Cheers

"Dick Watson" wrote:

> You are 100% certain that this is the same version of Money as before? See
> http://umpmfaq.info/faqdb.php?q=152 for a surprisingly common explanation
> for circumstances like yours.
>
> "Neil P" <NeilP@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
> > Money 2000 asking for password for a file that was not previously password
> > protected.
> >
> > The PC concerned has recently been fdisked and fresh install of win 98 and
> > the same version of Money 2000 Standard edition installed.

0
NeilP (6)
9/6/2005 2:34:07 PM
In microsoft.public.money, Neil P wrote:

>I have been asked to sort this after someone else re nstalled windows, money
>etc on to it.  The owner only has one set of installation disks, so it must
>be the same version, unless someone else has upgraded his older version on
>the machine before the FDISK and he has forgotten.  The version on the newly
>installed machine says Money 2000 Standard edition, and this is what the
>owner says he had on before
>
>But will try the Money Trial just the same.

If you do, when Money converts the .mny file to the newer version,
it will leave a copy of the old version. The name of that file will
identify the version that was actually converted. It would be *.mn8
if 2000, *.mn9 if 2001, *.m10 if 2002.

>Cheers
>
>"Dick Watson" wrote:
>
>> You are 100% certain that this is the same version of Money as before? See
>> http://umpmfaq.info/faqdb.php?q=152 for a surprisingly common explanation
>> for circumstances like yours.
>>
>> "Neil P" <NeilP@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
>> > Money 2000 asking for password for a file that was not previously password
>> > protected.
>> >
>> > The PC concerned has recently been fdisked and fresh install of win 98 and
>> > the same version of Money 2000 Standard edition installed.

0
via_newsgroup (13114)
9/6/2005 2:45:35 PM
Microsoft has become very interested in direct download sales for some
number of versions now. If you client went this route, he would not have a
CD. He also may very well have forgotten he did so. Many people who come
here with these symptoms find this to be the case.

At any rate, the file extension for the file that drops out of a trial
version file upgrade will reveal the answer to the mystery.

> I have been asked to sort this after someone else re nstalled windows,
money
> etc on to it.  The owner only has one set of installation disks, so it
must
> be the same version, unless someone else has upgraded his older version on
> the machine before the FDISK and he has forgotten.  The version on the
newly
> installed machine says Money 2000 Standard edition, and this is what the
> owner says he had on before
>
> But will try the Money Trial just the same.

Excel 2000
So new to excel I'm not sure about even asking a logical question. I'm trying to create a common log for 20 or more people working in it at the same time, all entering data in approx. 9 different categories and saving so everyone else can see the data. We will be sorting at different times on different categories. After all data entered, I want to be able to pull out different things in different categories. Is this possible in Excel 2000 and is there a Query wizard? Need help, advice, whatever... Thanks, PZ I'm not an expert in Access (and have only a fair understanding...

Outlook 2000 just received mail...
....but checking is *off*. I have a spam filter which I manually fire up to process all mail, therefore I turn checking off in Outlook 2000. So why did I just receive some? Very strange... Neil --- Outgoing mail is certified Virus Free. Checked by AVG anti-virus system (http://www.grisoft.com). Version: 6.0.509 / Virus Database: 306 - Release Date: 12/08/2003 ...

Migrate/upgrade 5.5 SP4 to Exch 2000
I need to migrate/upgrade Exch 5.5SP4 to Exch 2000. Ex5.5 sits on a stand alone NT 4.0 SP6a server and want to upgade this to W2K SVR and install Exch 2000 onto it, then finally migrate/upgrade Exch 5.5 private/pub mail boxes to it. Does the W2K SVR have to be running 'Active directory services' to support Exch 2000? If I installed W2K SRV as a stand alone server (will introduct W2K Active directory services later removing NT4 domain infrustructure later) then run the following: i) simply run a cold BU of EXCH 5.5, then restore 'priv & pub.edb's' along with associated &...

Access 2000
Hello all, I have a field named Field213 that holds (CASETYPE) from the database. When I open the form, I want it to look at that field and make field163 visible depending on what it stored in Field213. Right now it only becomes visible if I manually change what is in field213, then field163 becomes visible. I should mention that I have field163 as visible no and display always, the same as field PBISUB, Field382 and Field163. Probably something simple, but I can't seem to see it right now. I have the following: Private Sub Field213_BeforeUpdate(iC As Integer) If Me!CASETYPE = &qu...

money 2006 problems importing from bank
whenever I import information from my bank uccu, it says that the import is complete and that I have one statement to read with 150 transactions to review, but when it opens to the account register, none of the new transactions show up. It shows the correct amount and date from my bank in the left hand corner, and it says that I still have 150 transactions to review. I have tried changing the online settings, emptying the temporary internet files, repairing the money file, and setting the account register to show all transactions, but so far nothing has worked. I have been able to i...

MS Money 2006 for Windows Mobile 5
I have purchased the new PPC 6700. I have serveral applications I am moving to the new Windows Mobile 5 application, including MS Money 2006. I am getting a cab error installing MS Money for PPC. Is there a seperate MS Money for PPC installation program. Also need MS streets and maps for my new 6700. Hello John, at the MS Money web site, MS Money for PPC is a seperate download. Although your pda came preloaded, I'd think it's a trail version. My Streets & Trips 2006 came with a PPC version, go to help/install PPC Streets. Best of luck, Don "John McConnell" wr...

Password protect
How do I password protect a shared excel book so that people have read only access but so thta I can have write access? This should work. 1. In your shared workbook, hit F12 to bring up the 'Save As' dialog box. 2. Click Tools>General Options 3. Enter a password to modify the file. 4. Don't share the password. HTH, JP On Jan 8, 11:51=A0am, GeoSte <Geo...@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote: > How do I password protect a shared excel book so that people have read onl= y > access but so thta I can have write access? ...

OWA
I set up secured Outlook Web Access with forms-based authentication and password change feature enabled. I also redirected http to https, and hardcoded the domain name in logon.asp. All works as expected except that when I set "User must change password at next logon", the OWA user can still log on with their old password without being forced to change it. Ideas why password change not being forced as desired? Thanks Sorry, let me clarify... As I said, I made some mods to the logon.asp. When I run with the modified version of logon.asp, the user can log on even though &qu...

outlook 2000 #2
cuando hago dos click sobre un mensaje el outlook no respode y se cuelga ...

Digital ID name not found error in Outlook 2003 w/ Exchange 2000
WinXP Pro SP2 fully patched (upgraded from Win2K Pro SP4) Office 2003/Outlook 2003 SP2 fully patched I'm installing company issued certificates in Outlook 2003 for the first time for digital signature and encrypted email. When I try to send email with my digital signature I get the error: Your Digital ID name can not be found by the underlying security system I have removed and reinstalled these certs several times (including system reboots after removal) with no change. I went to thawte.com and got a freemail cert issued but it gives the same error message when I try to use ...

Money 2006 Deluxe Bills Summary Sorting
When in the Bills Summary view and I sort on Account, not all of the line items with the same account are grouped. Upon further review, it appears that duplicate line items with the same Payee, Next Due, Amount, etc are being created and not properly sorted by Account. When I resort based upon Next Due, these duplicates go away and the line items are properly sorted by Next Due (ascending or descending). When i've seen this before, it can mean corruption in the file. Because you can see those additional bills, you have the opportunity to delete these duplicates if you are seeing ...

Just ordered Quicken 2010 to replace Money Plus Premium
Going to give it a shot and see what happens. I've read threads here and other places and it seems that the problems are usually minor and correctable. Don't recall any showstoppers. Has anyone accumulated the issues and workarounds where necessary, or suggested tips, like removing the password first? I have data going back to 1995 (I've had every version of Money since then) and last time I looked, it was over 60,000 transactions in total. Also, unrelated, but is there an Excel addin like MoneyLink that lets you import data directly into Excel? I have found that feature insanel...

Use Money 2002 Files in Money 2008
HI, How can I convert or use my Money 2002 files in Money 2008 Trial. Thanks. -- Smith Assuming that M2002 and M2008 are both from the same geography you just install M2008, navigate to the .mny file and double click on the file name. If M2002 is non-US version, the quick answer is "you don't". :-( -- Regards Bob Peel, Microsoft MVP - Money For unofficial FAQs see http://money.mvps.org/ or http://umpmfaq.info/ I do not respond to any emails that I have not specifically asked for. "Smith" <Smith@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:A6962F8A...

Passwords #2
I want users to have to put in a password when they open outlook. I have selected the check box on the outlook settings to have it prompt for a password. When it prompts for the password it wants to authenticate to the exchange server and not with active directory. Am I forgetting something? You can't authenticate to Exchange - Exchange doesn't have the capability to do so. You may see the Exchange server listed, but rest assured, the authentication is taking place with Active Directory. -- Ben Winzenz Exchange MVP "Tbaker" <Tbaker@discussions.microsoft.com&g...

POP3 collection from mailboxes on Exchange 2000
Hi We're running SBS 2000 and I want to allow remote users to download their mail from the Exchange server using POP3. As a test, I've telnetted to the host's port 110 but can only obtain mail for the administrator's account and none of the users. The message is simply a security-related message, the exact text of which I can't recall. I have tried it on two Exchange 2000 servers, with the same results. We've also done the same test on an NT server running Exchange 5.5 and that allows us to collect from other users' mailboxes without any difficulty. It just se...

PST PAssword Recovery #2
Dear All , How can i recover my PST file password in Outlook 2003. If any 3rd party tool is available please send me the link. Kishore Dear Kishore have a look on this sites: http://www.slipstick.com/problems/scanpst.asp http://www.lostpassword.com/outlook.htm http://www.mapilab.com/office/password_recovery/ Maybe it helps. -- Oliver Vukovics Share Outlook without Exchange: Public ShareFolder Synchronisation for Notebooks: Public SyncTool http://www.publicshareware.com "Brinesh Kishore" <bbk.news@gmail.com> schrieb im Newsbeitrag news:uNOCy5odHHA.5044@TK2MSFTNGP05.p...

CLSID Error on excel 2000 start up
I get this error twice every time I start up Excel 2000. It says "Class not registered. Looking for object with CLSID:{AC9F2F90-E877-11CE-9F68-00AA00574A4F}. Anybody know how to correct this? or even whati it means??? This means that there is an error with your windows registry. One of three options should fix the problem: 1. Remove Excel and then reinstall or 2. Try to repair it 3. Create a reg file on another working installation with the below key and then import it into your computer. "Shane" <gtech@gci.net> wrote in message news:2d54401c46a1a$22af6330$a5012...

Corrupt record in Money 2004
I have one record in my .mny file that I can't clear when I try to accept it after it has downloaded from my credit card site. I keep getting the message that the transaction cannot be entered and it remains outstanding - bolded. I tried the salvage processes - msmoney.exe -s and salv.exe. Neither worked. I just want to delete this one record and put it back manually. Is there a way to do this with jet database functionality? Not that is exposed to any of us users. The database is actually "msisam"--a buttoned up derivative of Jet. "Bill Boffi" <anonymo...

Money 2000 Standard Check Printing
When I try to print a company check I get the error message "There are no checks to print in the "Absolute Audio Provident Bank" account. Money will only print checks for transactions that have "Print" in the number field." Everything I've tried to print has already had "Print" in the number field and it still won't print. Where should I go from here? Try repairing the file by closing Money, then go to Start, Run and type 'msmoney -s' without the quotes. Money should launch and repair. Then try to print checks again. "Just...

sign-in Problems with Money Plus 2007
I changed my MS Passport Password and now can't log in to online Money. I have to use my old passport password to log in to Money but neither works to go to online services. How do I resynchronize the passwords? -- Manticorr In microsoft.public.money, Manticorr wrote: >I changed my MS Passport Password and now can't log in to online Money. I >have to use my old passport password to log in to Money but neither works to >go to online services. How do I resynchronize the passwords? Hold on to you backup files. You may want to increase the number of backup files f...

msn sync crashes Money 2004
This is a multi-part message in MIME format. ------=_NextPart_000_0134_01C3D949.E61EBD00 Content-Type: text/plain; charset="iso-8859-1" Content-Transfer-Encoding: quoted-printable Every time I try to sync Money2004 standard with msn money Money crashes = with a mscofd.dll error. I have tried uninstalling and reinstalling = Money to no avail. Synchronization with my brokerage and credit card = accounts works fine. Any suggestions. Pierre Aterianus ------=_NextPart_000_0134_01C3D949.E61EBD00 Content-Type: text/html; charset="iso-8859-1" Content-Transfer-Encoding: q...

Password Protect a Workbook
I have a workbook that has 5 different worksheets. This workbook is saved everyday with a new date behind the name to reflect the current date data. I need to password protect the entire workbook so that it holds for each time it is saved. How do I do this? When I go to file->saveas- ..Tools-> and assign a password it works for that workbook, but when I resave the workbook with a new name, I have to reset it all. Can I automate this somehow or is there a different way to do what I am trying to do. I only want the password there so admin's can make changes. I want eve...

collegamento dei contatti su outlook 2000
Ciao a tutti; uso outlook 2000 ed ho una lista di contatti che visualizzo correttamente nella cartella contatti. Quando per=F2 voglio inviare una nuova mail, cliccando sul tasto "A" non riesco a visualizzare i contatti che invece nella cartella vedo correttamente. Sapete come collegarli? Grazie a tutti per la collaborazione! Per chiarificare, lei vede i suoi contatti correttamente nella cartella di Contatti ma quando lei scatta il di abbottonare in un'email, lei sia non vedere i suoi contatti o non appaiono come fanno nella sua cartella di Contatti? Lei può trovarlo pi...

Moving Money 2008 to new computer
I have Money Plus Deluxe 2008 on a computer. It is activated. I have the license key from Digital River. I do NOT have the original download and they won't let me redownload. I realize I'm a bad person for not saving a backup of that. I now want to upgrade from XP to Win7. Since there isn't a direct upgrade available I understand I'll need to reinstall apps. Typically not a big deal, but in this case, since I don't have installation bits this will be a problem. Am I really out of luck here? Is there any way to migrate/backup the existing Money (by copying the P...

Money 2006 freeze on opening a file
I have been helping a friend of mine setup his new computer, and everything has gone fairly smoothly except for using Money. He used to use Money 2000 on a Windows 98 machine, and Money 2006 was purchased for use with the new Windows XP machine. We are running into problems periodically when opening a file. Sometimes when trying to open a file, when another is already open, Money will just freeze up. This does not happen all of the time, and it does not seem to happen with any certain file. I have searched around a bit on Microsoft's Knowledge Base but have not been able to find...