Opening Money 2000, which I've used without problem since late 1999, I
noticed that my checking account balance was overstated by almost $2000!  I
went to the register to see if there was a false transaction entered and it
appears that this balance change goes back years with no obvious single entry
being the culprit.  When I run the "balance this account" function, it shows
that the closing balance from my last statement, which was correct and
rectified, is now also wrong and reflects the higher balance.  What do I do
now?  The only thing that I can think of is to restore my last backup (which,
as luck would have it, is 14 days old as of today), and re-enter my
transactions for the last weeks.  Should I upgrade my version of Money?  I am
still running Windows 98SE and have been told that my computer cannot be
uprgraded to XP.
0
GregBHost (1)
2/7/2005 4:59:06 PM
money 28651 articles. 7 followers. Follow

In microsoft.public.money, Greg B Host wrote:

>Opening Money 2000, which I've used without problem since late 1999, I
>noticed that my checking account balance was overstated by almost $2000!  I
>went to the register to see if there was a false transaction entered and it
>appears that this balance change goes back years with no obvious single entry
>being the culprit.  When I run the "balance this account" function, it shows
>that the closing balance from my last statement, which was correct and
>rectified, is now also wrong and reflects the higher balance.  What do I do
>now?

First, try opening Money with Start->Run and entering
"msmoney -s" without the quotes into the box.

Then in the account register select View: Unreconciled Transaction.
Are there any unreconciled transactions that are dated before your
last balancing?

Also try View: sort by entry order. Are there any recently entered
transactions that are for older dates.?

When done, sort by date and show all transactions.

Still no joy? Install software that lets you print to a PDF file
(such as pdf995.com or cutepdf.com). "print" to a PDF file by
setting that "printer" to landscape mode, and File->Print the
register.

Then File->Restore the backup file, but NOT to the default file
name. Browse to a spot and specify a DIFFERENT filename. Then  while
viewing the register of the problem account, look at the PDF file.
Find where the difference in the Balance starts, and you have
located the problem transaction.

>  The only thing that I can think of is to restore my last backup (which,
>as luck would have it, is 14 days old as of today), and re-enter my
>transactions for the last weeks.

That is a possibility.

>  Should I upgrade my version of Money?  I am
>still running Windows 98SE and have been told that my computer cannot be
>uprgraded to XP.

0
via_newsgroup (13114)

Afternoon Newspaper: Real Estate Big Boys Investing Big Money
Afternoon Newspaper Monday, December 14, 2009 Real Estate Big Boys Investing Big Money By Mayura Shanbaug The big boys are planning big. Five major projects worth at least Rs 200 crores each would be coming up in Central Mumbai, that would change the Mumbai=92s Skyline permanently. Over the next four years, places like Lower Parel, Sewri, Mazgaon, Mahalaxmi and Worli would witness a mushrooming of 60-plus-storey residential and commercial buildings. Homes ranging from 2,000 sq ft to 8,000sq ft with the average price being anywhere between the range of Rs 3 crore ...

i can change the font on the screen to be large but can't print t.
i am trying to make the print on my spreadsheet larger. i can change the font on the screen but it still prints the smaller font?????help!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Hi Maybe in the Page Setup you have this setting "fit to1 by 1 page" -- Regards Ron de Bruin http://www.rondebruin.nl "tj" <tj@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:244325C6-A407-4CD8-BE76-75AB3C93A78A@microsoft.com... >i am trying to make the print on my spreadsheet larger. i can change the > font on the screen but it still prints the smaller font?????help!!!!!!!!!!!!!! ...

Problems with Access 2000 reports in Access 2003
Hi, we have a sent out a 2000 format access database to a client running Access 2003. When trying to open any of the reports they get an error - "the openreport action was cancelled" - Not sure if they get this by running the report from the database window or if it's only when done through a form (buttons that run docmd.openreport when pressed). Is anyone aware of any issues that may be causing this? I couldn't find anything elsewhere on the MS site. Thanks - Angie P.S. the reports work fine in 2000 and XP. ...

mail merge in word 2000
Been trying to link a simple 4 column excel db to do a mail merge in Word. Tried following the help instructions, and finally reached the point where I could "insert a merge field" after realizing they left out a number of steps in the instructions. However, when I do enter the mergefield, the only thing I get is "Error! No bookmark name given." There is no mention of "bookmark" in the instructions, no explanation of what a "bookmark" is in this context, and now way I can figure out what the blasted software is talking about. Anybody go...

Anyway to open a Publisher 2002 file in Publisher 2000?
I need to open this file for a project tomorrow. I have Publisher 2000, but I think the file sent to me was done in Publisher 2002 or 2003? The person who sent it to me is out of town until Thursday, so I can't have them resave it or resend it. Any ideas Thanks! In news:11BBD624-9460-465D-88EE-60230ADB1F33@microsoft.com, buck <create007@yahoo.com> posted: > I need to open this file for a project tomorrow. I have Publisher > 2000, but I think the file sent to me was done in Publisher 2002 or > 2003? The person who sent it to me is out of town until Thursday, so > I ...

how can I move the e-mail accounts from outlook 2002 to an other computer
how can I move the e-mail accunts from outlook 2002 to an other computer same program?? ...

Change QuickFind to search contains
Hello, Is there a way to change the QuickFind to use the contains operator rather than begins with? Custom dev or third party recommendations are fine. Thanks. simply put a wildcard * in front of your search term in the query box and it will match the defined search fields for that entitiy type on a 'like" (contains) basis. ...

can comment indicator color be changed?
Hi when you put a comment in a cell the indicator is red but I have cells that are conditionally formatted to come up red if out of spec and can't see the indicator. Can the color be changed and if so how please. Thanks Karl AFAIK, no, you can't change this. Maybe you can change your CF color. Bright yellow? On Wed, 27 Oct 2004 16:27:02 -0700, "Karl" <Karl@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote: >Hi when you put a comment in a cell the indicator is red but I have cells >that are conditionally formatted to come up red if out of spec and can't see >the indic...

Outlook 2003 with Word 2000 Editor
Does anyone know if you can use Word 2000 with Outlood 2003 to edit messages... I couldn't find a download on the web... If you are trying to use, inside of Outlook 2003, Word 2000 as the "editor" ... not possible. Need to use the same "family" together, e.g. Word 2003 with Outlook 2003, or Word 2000 with Outlook 2000. There is nothing to download. Hope this is useful to you. Let us know. rms Brendan Shaw wrote: > Does anyone know if you can use Word 2000 with Outlood > 2003 to edit messages... > > I couldn't find a download on the web... ...

Money 2007 fails additional update
I am trying to use Money 2007 Premium on my new computer (Windows XP SP2) and it installs fine, but when I start Money it notifies me that an additional update is required. It looks like it downloads the files properly but fails the add'l install. I have tried the following: uninstall and install again turn off all virus protection (Panda) firewalls, etc. download directly from the web None of these have helped. I saw one article on this problem that said to remove a Core File, but I can not find it on my computer. Please help. -- Josie In microsoft.public.money, Josie wrote...

Money 2003
I've set-up mortage loan account connected to hause asset account. I'm downloading bank transactions reports through internet. Beside others there are loan payments. How I can declare those payments aftewards as loan payments regarding specyfic loan account? Could I define split beetwen principal and interest? Dref ...

Money 2005 won't accept my Passport login
My Microsoft Passport is associated with my user name (first@firstlast.com). WHy won't Passport accept this? ...

Mapping Associated Entities when Converting a Lead to an Account
I have a Lead record that, over time, has had one or more items from a custom entity (Many-to-1 relationship) associated with it. (This is somewhat akin to multiple Contacts associated to a single Account record.) When I convert the Lead to an Account, I would like those associated records to also be associated with the newly-created Account record. Is this possible? Something similar is happening when creating a quote from an Opportunity. In this situation, the associated product items are associated with the new quote. So, I'm hoping that it can be done in other situations....

Stop delivery from an account
How would I keep a single email address from an outside domain from being delivered to someone inside our domain? An employee who is currently suspended has been communicating with someone inside our organization and I'm concerned what may go out. What version of Exchange? -- Ben Winzenz Exchange MVP MessageOne Read my blog! http://winzenz.blogspot.com http://feeds.feedburner.com/winzenz (RSS Feed) "Chris Hall" <someone@microsoft.com> wrote in message news:OkKkTBAAGHA.3864@TK2MSFTNGP12.phx.gbl... > How would I keep a single email address from an outside domain fr...

How to remove contacts when email changes
Outlook 2003 If I receive an email from a sender not on my list, that sender's email address is not automatically added to my contacts but will appear on the automated list when I enter the first letter of the sender's email address. If that sender changes email address I cannot delete the old email address. Instead I am left with two email addresses for that sender both of which will appear on the automated list. How can I remove the old email address? You seem to be confused. Receiving an email does not add an address anywhere in Outlook. Sending an email might, a...

Word default paper size- networked user accounts
Word 2004- processors various, OS 10.5 How do I get Word to default to A4 (instead of US letter) for networked accounts? Hi Jeremy: The succinct answer to this is "By ensuring that your operating system locality preferences are set correctly before you install." Microsoft Office picks up all its global settings from the "Language and Text" system preferences in OS 10.6 (I think they were called something else in 10.5). If this has been done wrongly at installation, you need to set the System Preferences correctly and then delete the individual user's...

Excel 2007
Hi all, We have a spreadsheet that was set up to link to a database via a system DSN. To simplify deployment of this, I'd like to change this to connect via the connection string below: DRIVER=SQL Server;SERVER=xxx;UID=xxx;PWD=xxx;DATABASE=xxx; I've done this for another spreadsheet, and it was easy (Data tab- >Connections->Properties), but in this next spreadsheet the Connection Properties for one connection are greyed out/disabled, so I can't change the string. Does anyone have any ideas how to enable these values again so I can change the connection string? thanks! ...

Error? Missing banks in Money 2005...
I am missing my bank for downloading in Money 2005 even though it is listed as supported on the Money website. In fact it appears that the list in Money 2005 is about 25% that of what appears on the website. Am I doing something wrong or is Microsoft false advertising their product? Thanks There appear to be a number of missing banks now, but our understanding is that the list will be updated soon. -- "Brad" <anonymous@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:414501c49f60$13cb3da0$a401280a@phx.gbl... >I am missing my bank for downloading in Money 2005 even &g...

Updating Accounts #2
I just upgraded to Money Plus Deluxe (Have XP) When I go into Money it states its "updating account" and my CPU usage is at 99% when I run Money. There are NO accounts that are being automatically updated as I do them all manually. The "updating accounts" icon stays up until I finally have to turn off computer because I cannot work on any other part of money as it says it is doing an online function. PLEASE HELP.. It also goes online to seek its own updates. Do you have SSL2 enabled in Internet Options? Do you have firewall software enabled beyond the XP firewall...

Where to change my own internet adress in "FROM:" field?
I am using Outlook 2003 with Exchange server. My own eMail address is presented to recipients as Aaaaa.Bbbbbb@ccccccc.com Note: mixing of capital and lower letters I want my email address completely changed to lower letters: aaaaa.bbbbbb@ccccccc.com Where in Outlook can I change this? or is this a setting in Exchange Server ? Joe This is a setting in ADUC/Exchange. I would guess that everyone is set up with the same format throughout the company. -- Kathleen Orland - MVP Outlook Outlook Tips: http://www.outlook-tips.net/ http://www.howto-outlook.com/ "Joe deAngelo" wr...

E-Mail accounts delayed in being available
When I create a new network user and exchange account the email address is delayed in showing up in the contact lists. It used to show up immediately, but now there is a big delay. Is there some setting I need to change to speed up synchronization? Thanks, Kevin On Fri, 10 Nov 2006 08:39:01 -0800, KJacks <KJacks@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote: >When I create a new network user and exchange account the email address is >delayed in showing up in the contact lists. It used to show up immediately, >but now there is a big delay. Is there some setting I need to change to spe...

Money 2004 corrupts on a restore
I backedup my 2004 database I restored from my 2004 database backup and all the total fields are about $555,729,300,950,923.43. Did i just miscalculate how rich i am, or is that a bug. Ie it appears to have maxed out the totals fields. any ideas on how to solve this? should i reinstall 2004 and then try to restore again? or should i hang out for a SP? John The last thing to ever do on a Money problem is wait for Microsoft to fix it. See http://www.bollar.org/msmoney/#Q85 and http://www.bollar.org/msmoney/#Q104. "John Reid" <john.reid@optusnet.com.au> wrote in message...

Unable to restore MS Money 2000
My computer crashed, i had to use the recovery cd. Now when i try to load my back up from a floppy, i receive a message that says "unable to restore, can't locate or it might be a read-only attribute." Hoe to i restore? See if you can copy it to the harddrive and restore from there. "Dan" <dan420@optonline.net> wrote in message news:11b3101c383d5$3dcfd810$a601280a@phx.gbl... > My computer crashed, i had to use the recovery cd. > Now when i try to load my back up from a floppy, i receive > a message that says "unable to restore, can't locate ...

Running sql server 2000 and/or sql server 2005 on sbs 2003
My ultimate questions will be: Can SQL SErver 2000 and 2005 run on the same ssbs2003 server? and, regardless, Should I/ can I uninstall SQL Server 2005 and go back to SQL Server 2000. Moving from SBS2000 Premium to SBS2003 Premium on a new server. We were using SQL Server 2000 on the old server for a few things: Backup Exec, Prolog (construction mgmnt software), Great Plains (MS financial), etc. During the install, I kind of just followed directions and installed R2, which I guess installed SQL Server 2005. I wasn't really aware of options. Since then I have had a number ...

Money 2004 and Epay
Hello, I am using the free MSN Billpay that came with my Money 2004 Deluxe. Today is Saturday, Nov. 22, 2003. I would like to pay my insurance bill which is due on Dec. 2nd. When I try to pay the bill today through Money, I get a message that says that the earliest it can be paid is 12/01/2003. Is that the date the payment should arrive or the date it will be processed? I'm a little confused. Thanks, ....Will ...