Money 04 "transfer to" question

I want to save money every week to different "accounts" within
my check register. Maybe accounts isn't the right word, but here's
what I want to do. Put money away every week towards different savings
goals,
like car insurance, car repair, etc...

Is this the best way?

And should the account type be bank or cash? What would be the difference?

Thanks
Richard

0
richard11 (2)
8/28/2004 6:00:15 PM
money 28651 articles. 7 followers. Follow

I have the same question.

--
Parley D. Kennelly
Southern California Realtor�
"Richard" <richard1@ij.net.remove> wrote in message
> I want to save money every week to different "accounts" within
> my check register. Maybe accounts isn't the right word, but here's
> what I want to do. Put money away every week towards different savings
> goals,
> like car insurance, car repair, etc...
>
> Is this the best way?
>
> And should the account type be bank or cash? What would be the difference?
>
> Thanks
> Richard

Where "is" the money?  What account is it in or is it under the mattress?
Why not put in your existing account and just assign a category to your
deposit.

"Parley" <pdkennellynot@yahoo.com> wrote in message
> I have the same question.
>
> --
> Parley D. Kennelly
> Southern California Realtor�
> "Richard" <richard1@ij.net.remove> wrote in message
> > I want to save money every week to different "accounts" within
> > my check register. Maybe accounts isn't the right word, but here's
> > what I want to do. Put money away every week towards different savings
> > goals,
> > like car insurance, car repair, etc...
> >
> > Is this the best way?
> >
> > And should the account type be bank or cash? What would be the
difference?

> > Thanks
> > Richard

0
mbi24 (13)
9/2/2004 11:26:39 PM
It is in my existing account, I did this in Quicken for many years with no
problems,
for some reason as I think about it now, I decided to switch (give Money a
try).

Also, Quicken kept multiple backups, IOW copies of the last five, which
could
come in handy. Money does not seem to do this, unless it can be turned on.

"Michael Israel" <mbi24@spamlessoptonline.net> wrote in message
> Where "is" the money?  What account is it in or is it under the mattress?
> Why not put in your existing account and just assign a category to your
> deposit.
>
> "Parley" <pdkennellynot@yahoo.com> wrote in message
> > I have the same question.
> >
> > --
> > Parley D. Kennelly
> > Southern California Realtor�
> > "Richard" <richard1@ij.net.remove> wrote in message
> > > I want to save money every week to different "accounts" within
> > > my check register. Maybe accounts isn't the right word, but here's
> > > what I want to do. Put money away every week towards different savings
> > > goals,
> > > like car insurance, car repair, etc...
> > >
> > > Is this the best way?
> > >
> > > And should the account type be bank or cash? What would be the
> difference?
> > >
> > > Thanks
> > > Richard

0
richard11 (2)
9/3/2004 1:13:28 AM
Re backups if you select the "prompt me before backing up" option in backups
you can have as many copies as your hard disk can hold. I am a bit paranoid
about backups and never overwrite a backup in case I have introduced a
corruption which a cycle of backups would prevent me recovering from.

--
Regards
Bob Peel,

For UK tips & fixes see
For wishes or suggestions see
or for UK wishes http://www.microsoft.com/uk/support/money/feedback

> It is in my existing account, I did this in Quicken for many years with no
> problems,
> for some reason as I think about it now, I decided to switch (give Money a
> try).
>
> Also, Quicken kept multiple backups, IOW copies of the last five, which
> could
> come in handy. Money does not seem to do this, unless it can be turned on.
>
> "Michael Israel" <mbi24@spamlessoptonline.net> wrote in message
>> Where "is" the money?  What account is it in or is it under the mattress?
>> Why not put in your existing account and just assign a category to your
>> deposit.
>>
>> "Parley" <pdkennellynot@yahoo.com> wrote in message
>> > I have the same question.
>> >
>> > --