Money '04 - Internet Connection Problem

I'm trying to use the 'Money Browser' w/in MSN Money 2004
and get "Page Cannot Be Displayed" or sometimes "Action
Cancelled", but I can surf the web just fine with my
cable modem...what's up with that?  I've read on this
forum that other users are having difficulties w/ this
particular issue, any resolution would be helpful.  I've
tried:

regsvr32 msxml3.dll in start|run
also have un-installed and re-installed
cookies enabled

money 28651 articles. 7 followers. Follow

Problems with public folders #2
I am having two problems which may or may not be related. 1) In System Manager when I try to view or work with the public folder tree, I get the following error "The token supplied to the function is invalid", ID no:80090308. I cannot see any public folders or manage them at all after that. 2) Whenever anyone clicks on send/receive in outlook 2003, they get the following error "Task 'Microsoft Exchange Server' reported error (0x8004010F):'The operation failed. An object could not be found.'" Does anyone have an idea of what the problem is for either...

Money 2004 and Today
Issues noted for Money 2004 for the Pocket PC.... 1. Due to sensitivity of financial data, it was very very undesirable to put Money in the background in stead of closing it. I have set a password for Money. It prompted me for password. But I have to close it implictly (start - > settings -> memory.....) 2. When enabled in Today, it virtually ignore my password. It is a very serious design flaw.... From now on, I can't borrow my PPC to my friends for the games installed. The person can enable Money in Today and see my Financial Data without the password... Regards, Jimmy ...

Hidden files in Ms-Query cause ODBC connect errors or Query is wac
I have a Query fetch_from_bob that moves data (collapses records,unique key search, etc...) from excel spreadsheet "bob" to excel spreadsheet "fred". Fred and bob live in the same directory" c:\123directory" on the same computer. I allow this query to execute/refresh data automatically when one of the query paramaters is changed. This works great. I also have a macro that invokes the query to refresh the data whenever the user desires. This works great as well. The macro literally has all the VB code to execute the query. But I'm just a part time progra...

hanging on close of Money 2004
When I end what I am doing in Money 2004 and press the X (close) button in the top right corner, it is not completing the backup of the file it automatically makes. I have nearly determined the problem to be StuffIt Deluxe 9.0, and more correctly the new feature built into it, ZipFolders. They do have an option to disable ZipFolders in certain programs. I would like to know what is the name of the program that creates backups in MS Money 2004. If I am able to disable ZipFolders while this program is running, this should solve my problem. Thank you in advance. In microsoft.public...

Problem in Setting up CRM server
Hi We are trying to install CRM server. but we getting following error message and we don't know the reason for this. Action Microsoft.Crm.Setup.Server.GrantDatabaseAccessAction failed. ---> Microsoft.Crm.Setup.Common.SetupException: Setup could not complete this action. This might be due to the fact that there are multiple Domain Controllers and they have not replicated new Microsoft CRM information yet. If this is the case you have several options: 1. Go to the domain controller and manually force synchronization. 2. Wait 15 minutes (typically) until the domain controller synchron...

Problems with address books
I've had to re-install outlook '97 a couple of times to sort out some problems. Now I find that contacts isn't the default mail list. That's to say when I want to send an email the list of people is from an old address book and not from the contact list I have in front of me! How do I make sure that when I want to send an email or fax that I'm presented with a choice from my contact list? How can I safely delete the old address books which are now a waste of space? Peter ...

Money '04
I'm trying to use the 'Money Browser' w/in MSN Money 2004 and get "Page Cannot Be Displayed" or sometimes "Action Cancelled", but I can surf the web just fine with my cable modem...what's up with that? I've read on this forum that other users are having difficulties w/ this particular issue, any resolution would be helpful. I've tried: regsvr32 msxml3.dll in start|run also have un-installed and re-installed cookies enabled ...

Money crashes then restarts
The error message I am receiving is: Microsoft Money Error Reporting has encountered a problem and needs to close. We are sorry for the inconvenience. AppName: msmoney.exe AppVer: 14.0.0.1105 ModName: ntdll.dll ModVer: 5.1.2600.2180 Offset: 00010f2b I am using version Money 2007. I've tried a standard repair but there are no broken records reports. I'm using XP Professfional Service Pack 2 and have made no systems changes at all. Please could someone advise why this has just started happening? I am worried about loosing data. Thanks and hope to hear back soon. Kind regards...

problems with toolbar-can't access certan commands i.e.hyperlink
can't access some commands - was working fine - now some commands are in grey - the commands disappeared from the pull down in the commands bar. Help magnus wrote: > can't access some commands - was working fine - now some commands are in grey > - the commands disappeared from the pull down in the commands bar. The hyperlink option may only appear when you are creating a Web Publication in certain versions of Publisher. -- Ed Bennett - MVP Microsoft Publisher http://ed.mvps.org Trial version? You may have run out of time. Some pulldowns only work when you are creating a ...

How to get money online ?
I Recomended 2 Link 1) http://isabelmarco.com/?r=afis 2) http://www.buxout.com/?r=Afis Join now and see the proof ...

money 03 same funds in 2 accounts
I have 1 tax defered account and 1 non-tax defered account. They both have the same mutual fund in them. Money won't let me use the same symbol twice for 2 accounts. Any thoughts ? See http://umpmfaq.info/faqdb.php?q=59. "Fruehauf2000" <fruehauf2000@aol.com> wrote in message news:20041201213351.11419.00001421@mb-m29.aol.com... >I have 1 tax defered account and 1 non-tax defered account. They both have >the > same mutual fund in them. Money won't let me use the same symbol twice for > 2 > accounts. Any thoughts ? ...

Word problems 2003 and 2007 version
hey everyone both on my main computer and my brothers laptop word isnt working! its so annoying! on my desktop PC i have windows xp and word 2003. after getting a virus which stopped the internet from working i had to do a system restore - which got rid of the virus. but when i click on word it says that "this shortcut only applies to installed products", and when i go to word through program files it says "this product is not installed on this user" - but there is no setup thing i can press - will i need the disc maybe? on my bro's laptop he got the sa...

Problem exporting/importing .psf
Hi guys, I searched the community before and couldn't find anything regarding this issue. I am trying to export an Outlook 2000 mailbox from one user account to another. However, when I try and import it, I get the message saying that "Personal Folders "Properties for this information service must be defined prior to use". I have looked up solutions for this and they say to make sure its not read only. I tried this and it doesnt work, its currently NOT read only. Please note: This is a computer where the Outlook folder source for the export is on a user account no...

Fix for dead Money 2002
Ok, my Money 2002 died on Sat night as well so I called Microsoft and here's the deal: Microsoft put out an update to Money 2004 that unfortunately was sucked into 2002 also and corrupts it somehow so that it won't open anymore. The fix for me was very easy. We just un-installed and re-installed (I know some of you have tried this already, bear with me...), but on the reinstall we had to choose "Custom Installation" and then change the name of the folder where the program is installed. We changed it so the program installs in a subfolder called "2002"...

StretchDIBits problem with 16-bit (65536) colours
hello all, when the color-palette from the windows-desktop (properties) is set to 16-bit (65536), the print preview does not show the bitmaps properly. I guess the ::StretchBlt(...)/::StretchDIBits(...)/::BitBlt(...) don't work properly. the bitmap is divided in 2 parts, the right (1/3 from the bitmap) is put on the left place and the left is displaced to the right. at all the other color-settings there's no problem: 8-bit, 24-bit... any ideas? thanx a lot, tschu. the code: BOOL CDib::Draw(CDC* pDC, CPoint origin, CSize size) { if(m_lpBMIH == NULL) return FALSE; if(m_hPalette !...

new document and framework problem
Hi, I have a dialog I need to display at the start of a new document in my SDI app. My problem is the first time through, it will show before the app is drawn. Where should I put a call to run the dialog if I want to be sure to only do so after the app is initially drawn? I currently use a check in the view's OnDraw, but I'm hoping someone else who knows the framework better has a better idea. Thanks, scott I don't think OnDraw is appropriate at all because that gets called all the time. How about OnInitialUpdate? -- Jonathan Wood SoftCircuits http://www.softcircuits....

CRM 4.0 VPC Problem
I downloaded CRM 4.0 VPC, extracted them, and I got MSDYCRM40VPC_BASE.vhd. After I create a new virtual machine for this vhd, I got an message "Reboot and Select proper Boot device or Insert Boot Media in selected Boot device" when I clicked Start. So, it have not brought me to WINDOW LOGIN SCREEN. Anyone had this CRM 4.0 VPC worked, please help me how to get it work to get away from a message above. Thanks and Appreciations -Toi "Toi Day" <ToiDay@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:50BF3D76-10D8-4CF0-90BC-EFF8E0D925A0@microsoft.com... > I...

Number Format Problem Prevents Proper Sorting
I have a long list of numbers that were exported from anothe application that I can't seem to format properly to sort in ascendin order. I have changed the format from General to Number and back wit no success. I'm sure that this is an easy fix, but I'm not seeing th answer. The third entry below (1103) should be toward the top of th list. Any ideas? 110272 110277 1103 110329 110338 11033 -- 65Stan ----------------------------------------------------------------------- 65Stang's Profile: http://www.excelforum.com/member.php?action=getinfo&userid=1500 View this threa...

JWalk Chart Tools series label problem
I am using John Walkenbach's "JWalk Chart Tools" add-in to label a data series with values from other cells. (I want percentages as data labels even though the series is charted as actual values.) The two cells I'm using to label the two points in my series are not next to each other, if this is important. I CTRL-click the two cells and they are listed in the selection window with a comma, like this: 'Source data'!$D$8, 'Source data'!$AG$8 . This looks good to me. But while the values in D8 and AG8 are 5.33% and 5.16%, the labels show up as 5.33% and 21.93% B...

Problems with CListCtrl
I'm having trouble with a CListCtrl object. I'm trying to automatically set the selected items of the list from my code. I try the following statement: m_List.SetItem (pos, 0, LVIF_STATE, NULL, 0, LVIS_SELECTED, LVIS_SELECTED, 0); The SetItem function returns non-zero, which supposedly means it was successful. However, I don't see any selection showing up. I even called RedrawItem on this list item, but it didn't help either. Anyone know about this? -Eric >I'm having trouble with a CListCtrl object. I'm trying to automatically >set the selected ite...

Printing Problems...
Hello All.. I am trying to get my worksheets to play nicely..but no success. I have say 10 worksheets, and in cell "B4" I have Client Copy (across all sheets), so it needs to print all those sheets... Then I need to change "B4" to Delivery Copy, then print all those sheets, etc etc Problem is at the moment, it goes through all the sheets, and only prints the Dock Copy sheets (the last set). I see the text at "B4" change to what it should, but just keeps going and ignoring the print call. Sub delivery_copy() Dim sh As Worksheet For Each sh In ThisWorkbo...

Windows Service problem
Hello all, I have a program that I'm running as a service on a Window's NT machine, I used 'Srvany.exe' to install it, and it's running fine. But, when I try to do the same thing on a Window's 2000 machine, I get a "Error 1053: The service did not respond to the start or control request in a timely fashion". Does anybody have any ideas why this same program will not work on different operating systems? ...

Money 2005 Delux runs too slowly: after many years of upgrading
I have been using Money since 1996. I have upgraded each year, each time upgrading the file. I also archive all trasactions from Jan 1 - Dec 31. This program runs very slowly even without all the extra transactions. I can't figure it out. I download transactions and it takes forever for them to show up in the register. When I accept them, it takes forever for that to take. This was also the case in Money 2004. Are there any reccomendations? Should I start a new file and import the tranactions? HELP In microsoft.public.money, AMW wrote: >I have been using Money since 1996. I...

Why Excel is accessing Internet & Slowing Excel Performance
Whenever I have my wireless connection on, every action I perform in Excel is extremely slow and I notice my wireless icon in the tray is activated. It looks like it sending data. The Excel Data is locate on my hard drive, so it should not be looking for anything over the wireless. When I shut down the wireless, the performace of Excel return. Could it be that excel is trying to get to the online help? Tools|options|General Tab|Service Options button Online Content category (modify as you like) -- You can get there through the Help|Customer Feedback Options, too. I should have aske...

Money 2006 Crashes on Exit
Whenever I close Money, I get a message like "Money has encountered a problem, send trouble report to Microsoft?" I did it the 1st few times it happened, but it happens all the time, so I gave up. How do I fix this? I was thinking of uninstalling Money & reinstalling. If it matters, I have Win98SE and Money 2006 Premium. Also if there is a program update from Microsoft, will it automatically install itself when Money does an update for prices, bank accounts, etc? How do I know what the latest version is? Thanks, Tony Same here with Money 2006 Deluxe trial edition. Money...