Missing Investment Account

I created a new investment account - I think I did it the same way that I
created all of the others - but it does not show up in "My portfolio".

It shows up on the "Account List" under the "Banking" menu option.  It is
properly listed in the "Investments" section of that list.  The account
appears to work correctly when I access it through the banking side - I can
add transactions, it has both the cash and investment screens, etc.

Has anyone ever encountered this????
0
bsvcc (3)
2/26/2007 12:09:02 AM
money 28651 articles. 7 followers. Follow

In microsoft.public.money, bsvcc wrote:

>I created a new investment account - I think I did it the same way that I
>created all of the others - but it does not show up in "My portfolio".
>
>It shows up on the "Account List" under the "Banking" menu option.  It is
>properly listed in the "Investments" section of that list.  The account
>appears to work correctly when I access it through the banking side - I can
>add transactions, it has both the cash and investment screens, etc.

Try setting Portfolio->ChangePortfolioView->ShowWatchAccounts

>Has anyone ever encountered this????
0
via_newsgroup (13114)
2/26/2007 12:34:33 AM
That was already checked.
It is a real investment account.  It even has transactions in it - both cash
and investment transactions.  It is valuing them properly, but the account
doesn't show up in "My portfolio"  I tried creating it as a stock option
account, investment account, retirement, and a watch account.  I tried it as
a favorite, not a favorite.
It's so strange.  Do you know if there is a limit ot the number of accounts
that can be displayed?  We do have 10, (529 accounts for the kids, old 401K,
new 401K, roth and traditional IRAs for my wife and I.)

"Cal Learner-- MVP" wrote:

> In microsoft.public.money, bsvcc wrote:
>
> >I created a new investment account - I think I did it the same way that I
> >created all of the others - but it does not show up in "My portfolio".
> >
> >It shows up on the "Account List" under the "Banking" menu option.  It is
> >properly listed in the "Investments" section of that list.  The account
> >appears to work correctly when I access it through the banking side - I can
> >add transactions, it has both the cash and investment screens, etc.
>
> Try setting Portfolio->ChangePortfolioView->ShowWatchAccounts
>

> >Has anyone ever encountered this????

0
bsvcc (3)
2/26/2007 1:35:05 AM
bsvcc,

View your portfolio, click on Change portfolio view from the left panel,
choose Customize current view...
On the Accounts tab, check to make sure that the new account is "checked".

-Kevin

"bsvcc" <bsvcc@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
>I created a new investment account - I think I did it the same way that I
> created all of the others - but it does not show up in "My portfolio".
>
> It shows up on the "Account List" under the "Banking" menu option.  It is
> properly listed in the "Investments" section of that list.  The account
> appears to work correctly when I access it through the banking side - I
> can
> add transactions, it has both the cash and investment screens, etc.
>
> Has anyone ever encountered this????

0
nospam7515 (2084)
2/26/2007 1:54:44 AM
Kevin.
It worked !

Boy do I feel stupid.
Thank You.

"Kevin" wrote:

> bsvcc,
>
> View your portfolio, click on Change portfolio view from the left panel,
> choose Customize current view...
> On the Accounts tab, check to make sure that the new account is "checked".
>
> -Kevin
>
> "bsvcc" <bsvcc@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
> >I created a new investment account - I think I did it the same way that I
> > created all of the others - but it does not show up in "My portfolio".
> >
> > It shows up on the "Account List" under the "Banking" menu option.  It is
> > properly listed in the "Investments" section of that list.  The account
> > appears to work correctly when I access it through the banking side - I
> > can
> > add transactions, it has both the cash and investment screens, etc.
> >
> > Has anyone ever encountered this????

0
bsvcc (3)

Send an e-mail to several contacts of a same account
Hello: I'm trying to send an e-mail to all contacts contained in a same account. I've done a filter an then I see all contacts to whom I want to send the e-mail. Hovewer, I don�n t know how to do it. I've tried using the button "send a direct e-mail", but it only works using a e-mail template. Can anyone help me saying how to send the e-mail without using a template? Thanks in advanced! Use the quick campaign wizard??? -Chris http://mscrm4u.blogspot.com Thank you very much for your advice, Chris! We'll do it through quick campaigns. Nontheless, I'd like s...

Convert Lead to a Contact under Existing Account
When a Lead comes in, there are times in which the Lead is already a current customer. There are times that this information is valuable so we would like to create it as a Contact underneath the already existing Account. When you go to convert the Lead, this option is not available. I don't want to bring them in as an opportunity. What are our options? It is surprising that this functionality is not available, but I'm getting used to it. :) Bobby, Why do you not want to use opportunities? When you convert the lead, you have the option to create only a contact record by sel...

cannot setup 3rd account with Ameritrade
Original problem was I could only setup my main trading account with Ameritrade in MSM 2004. Searched Usenet and google and figured out how to do it and sucessfully set up my ROTH and IRA accounts. When I tried to re-setup my trading account it said "no online services available". I tried all day and finally decided something in the database was keeping me from doing it so I ran reports and found all transactions that were linked to my trading account, made a list and deleted them from my other accounts. Then I permanently deleted my trading account. Using a new name for it I tried t...

WSE 3.0 Kerberos Auth and issue with Windows XP ASPNET Account
I am using WSE 3.0 with Visual Studio 2005, specifically I'm using Kerberos authentication and passing Kerberos ticket from Presentation Tier (VSTO.2005 client) to Server Tier through our Web Services (based on WSE 3.0). Having our WSE 3.0-WebService over Windows Server 2003, everything works great, but, over Windows XP, I have a problem (which is documented in WSE 3.0 help) but its workaround does not work properly (at least with my current testing). The problem is that ASP.NET default user in Windows XP (ASPNET user account) does not have privileges enough for running Kerberos au...

Missing "home" icon
I'm missing the home icon in outlook 2003. ...

How do I find missing page number tabs in Publisher
In Publisher 2003 I have several multi page flyers and I could shift from page to page by means of the page number tabs at the bottom of the screen. After loading Publisher 2007 the tabs have disappeared and I cant revise aything beyond the first page. Some Publisher users have posted the sort tabs are missing from their application. The fix is here, the sixth FAQ http://ed.mvps.org/Static.aspx?=Publisher/FAQs -- Mary Sauer http://msauer.mvps.org/ "Karen" <Karen@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:A6E6AC68-AA43-4031-811D-F8EB86A86027@microsoft.com... > ...

The tools menu at the top of Outlook 2007 is missing.
The tools menu on Outlook 2007 is missing. I cannot get it back. The customize toolbars option does not give an option to bring back the tools menu. Resetting the toolbars does not work either. . "jaylieb" <jaylieb@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:47B86DA7-2112-4320-9956-BA3AA2175FA8@microsoft.com... > The tools menu on Outlook 2007 is missing. I cannot get it back. The > customize toolbars option does not give an option to bring back the tools > menu. Resetting the toolbars does not work either. . Delete the file %AppData%\Microsoft\Ou...

outlook xp account settings
in outlook 2000 there was a way to back up account information via the tools>accounts, i often have to switch computers and am looking for a way to do the same thing in outlook xp ...

Type A Accounts
Senior management just gave me a list of 1200 accounts that they would like to run campaigns off of in Microsoft CRM. It is in the form of a spreadsheet. Some of the businesses are in our system as accounts and some are not. They want to be sure that all the businesses in this spreadsheet are in CRM as Accounts and are classified as Type A Accounts so that we can build campaigns around them and track results. What is the best way to do this? -Bobby x5532 There are different ways : Make the marketing list and add to campign : Like : 1= make a new field on account form "Typ...

business email account setup
Having trouble with the basics. My website is www.hossrealty.com. I want to set up my email address in outlook with a LAN setting. When I send, I get an error message. Task 'Robert - Sending' reported error (0x80070057) : 'Could not complete the operation. One or more parameter values are not valid.' I don't know how to correct and have not found the answer on the help. Any ideas? HTTP: OTHER? SERVER URL: ?? Robert Stanley <Robert Stanley@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote: > Having trouble with the basics. My website is www.hossrealty.com. I > want to s...

Retrieve Account By Contact
Hello. I'm using Microsoft.Crm.Platform.Proxy to integrate a custom application to the CRM. Can anyone tell me how I might retrieve an Account based on the ContactID of a given Contact? Thanks, Dave Dave In cases like this i always fire up SQL enterprise manager and create a new database diagram so i can see the links between accounts and contacts (if any). You may have to do multiple queries to get the result you want. "Dave Smith" <phillipdavidsmith@comcast.net> wrote in message news:%236jChfTGEHA.628@TK2MSFTNGP10.phx.gbl... > Hello. I'm using Microsoft.Crm.Pl...

setup mail-enabled account with outlook
I can't figure out how to setup mail-enabled user account in MS SBS 2003. and after that use this account in Outlook to connect to Exchange and be able to see public folders. Consulter for whom this account will be created, should receive all his emails on his existing hotmail account, but should able to have access to the Exchange folder until his account is active. I will greatly appreciate any help and suggestions. Alex I recommend that you post your question to an SBS newsgroup. -- Ed Crowley MVP - Exchange "Protecting the world from PSTs and brick backups!" "...

Exchange admin account deleted, cannot delegate control
The title pretty much says it all, I inherited an Exchange box, and when trying to install Backup Exec to back it up, I wanted to delegate authority to the BE account. When I run the delegate authority wizard, the only account I see in there is a SID. I'll add an account (administrator) and click through it, but I get the error "Failed to grant permission for domain\administrator on this object" After clicking OK, I get "The delegation wizard could not grant/change permissions for domain/administrator. Any suggestions? Thanks On Mon, 05 Feb 2007 21:26:41 -0600, Daffy &l...

GL Account Setup
While I've gotten my GL setup to post batches correctly to Quickbooks 2003, I'm having trouble with batches that contain any over or short amount in the various tender types. Currently I have one batch in which closing amounts were entered incorrectly for cash and visa/mastercard. While I can create a GL entry in quickbooks basically re-creating the way it "should" post, I can't get RMS to actually post the batch correctly. I have been using the "tender over/short" field and posting to a Cash on Hand account in quickbooks. Any ideas why this wouldn't wor...

can't make an email account the default
I have email accounts. Outlook does allow me to make one of tem the default account. What can I do? Go to Tools > Email accounts > View or change existing Email accounts. Select the one you want and hit "Set as Default" then finish. You might have to restart outlook for it to take effect. >-----Original Message----- >I have email accounts. Outlook does allow me to make one >of tem the default account. What can I do? >. > What version of Outlook are you using, and if 98 or 2000, what mail support mode? If you're not sure, look at the second li...

how to change the from account on forwarded messages
I need to receive an email from one account and forward it to a second account using a third account that is not the account it was received from as the sending account. All three accounts are POP3/SMTP accounts that I can service individually using Outlook. How do I do this? Do I need to write a script or take a custom action? If so how do I get information on how to write such a script or take such a custom action? It might seem a bit roundabout, but you could set up a 2 stage set of rules, ie rule 1: when mail received on account 1, forward it to account 3. and rule 2 when mail...

Problem clearing transactions from account register
Hello all I am trying out "money essantial", and there is something I can´t work out. I am entering bills and deposit, which then appear on the account register, and then I click on them in order to clear them (which I understand will then update my account balance). For some reason, they do not appear on the "Cleared transaction" pane situated below. How can I make them appear on the cleared transation pane? Thanks to anyone who can give me some help with this, Regards -- Mathieu Dubois Mathieu wrote: > Hello all > I am trying out "money essantial&qu...

The new EC2Studio allows working with several Amazon EC2 Accounts.
Hi, I'm Pavel. I' m glad to announce that the new multi-account version is released by EC2Studio. EC2Studio provides a solution by Amazon EC2 Management for developers working in MS Visual Studio. The new version also includes the necessary operations for the new instance types – Instances with EBS root file system. ...

Looking to invest or are you an inventor check this out !
Looking for all new product ideas to invest in or are you an inventor who would like to post your already patented or copyrighted products or resume online this is the msn group for you check it out ! http://groups.msn.com/InvestInInventions- ...

INVESTMENT: 0 quantity, 1 cent value?
Help: I had two 401(k) mutual fund investments that I contributed to over a great deal of time. Recently I sold the entire positions of both and bought different funds. Now, for these two investments, the reports section of Money 02 is showing 0 quantity, but 1 cent value for each. As a result, I cannot delete these two investments from my investments list, as it says I still have positions in them. So why would Money show a value and say I have a position in an investment that has no quantity, and how do I get rid of this? Thanks, Because it has some non-zero amount that is very, very...

Missing Send Button #3
My kids messed up something in Outlook. I have XP Hmoe and office 2000. My outlook works fine (under my user) but my wife's is now missing the send button in the toolbar. Thus seh cannot send emails. I cannot check the response toolbar under customize. Do I need to uninstall then reinstall or is there a way to fix it without having to do that? Thanks for any help anyone can offer. Is her mail account installed and working? Does reinstalling the account clear up the situation? --� Milly Staples [MVP - Outlook] Post all replies to the group to keep the discussion intact. D...

Email Accounts
Is there a way to set Outlook 2k3 to use an Exchange server for one email address and an external(my ISP) for another email address? I can receive but not send. Here is what I get if I try to send and email from the external account Your message did not reach some or all of the intended recipients. Subject: test Sent: 6/20/2006 3:13 PM The following recipient(s) could not be reached: Lname, Jay on 6/20/2006 3:13 PM 553 sorry, that domain isn't in my list of allowed rcpthosts (#5.7.1) In news:EFAA5332-17D1-4376-9630-95EDA4AE3609@microsoft.com, ve...

How do I correct Payment Application Over Separate Accounts
I have the following scenario and I don’t know how to resolve: We received a check for Vendor A which was fully applied to Vendor A however the payment should have been split between Vendor A and Vendor B. Vendor B now shows an outstanding balance and because the overpayment amount is under Vendor A, I can’t apply it towards Vendor B. How do I reconcile this transaction? Enter matching debit/credit memos referencing each other to move the payment. -- Richard L. Whaley Author / Consultant / MVP Documentation for Software Users Get our Free Tips and Tricks Newsletter and check out our...

Duplicate Messages with POP3 Account
I am using Outlook 2002, and I have two separate POP3 accounts, but belonging to two different users. When using my POP3 account, I get duplicate email messages. I have tried the suggestion in MS Knowledge Base article 284404, but all this does is disable sending and receiving for one account. Do you mean that each user has a separate Outlook profile? If so, only one of the POP3 accounts should be assigned to each profile...in other words, one profile should not contain both accounts. Log in as each user and delete the unneeded account from each profile, or do it from Control Panel ...

Associate Multiple System Users with Accounts
Hello, This seems elementary to me, but I can't seem to extend it. Currently, on the Administration tab, you have a Preferred User Field. This field looks up the Preferred User from the System Users. This is good, say this is a System Engineer. Now say you want to have mulitple System Users Associated with an Account. I have looked at adding additional fields to place on this form, but I can't quite get it solved. Example For a Given Account: System Engineer:System USEr1 ServiceMGR:SystemUSer2 AccountAdmin:SystemUser3 etc, etc Or maybe I should create a "Company Accoun...