Migrate MS Money Plus Premium to a different computer

I would like to start using my MS Money Plus Premium on a new PC. It was
installed and activated on my old PC. I don't want to pay for it a second
time and would prefer to go the "uninstall from old PC, install on new PC,
activate on new or move activation from old to new" somehow. Any
recommendations on doing this would be appreciated.

Thank you
0
S1 (162)
6/8/2008 11:26:00 PM
money 28651 articles. 7 followers. Follow

In microsoft.public.money, Sergey S <Sergey
S@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote:

>I would like to start using my MS Money Plus Premium on a new PC. It was
>installed and activated on my old PC. I don't want to pay for it a second
>time and would prefer to go the "uninstall from old PC, install on new PC,
>activate on new or move activation from old to new" somehow. Any
>recommendations on doing this would be appreciated.

Do you have your install program and activation code?
0
via_newsgroup (13114)
6/8/2008 11:36:20 PM
On Jun 8, 7:26=A0pm, Sergey S <Sergey S...@discussions.microsoft.com>
wrote:
> I would like to start using my MS Money Plus Premium on a new PC. It was
> installed and activated on my old PC. I don't want to pay for it a second
> time and would prefer to go the "uninstall from old PC, install on new PC,=

> activate on new or move activation from old to new" somehow. Any
> recommendations on doing this would be appreciated.
>
> Thank you

You are allowed to install Money Plus Premium on up to two systems.
0
jgndallas (1)

Money 2003 download desktop icons
Yes, I have a suggestion. Simply delete them and stop whining!!!! ...

For anyone who can't open MS Money
If you are getting the "Runtime Error" on opening Money, which is accompanied by the message "This application has requested the Runtime to terminate it in an unusual way. Please contract the applications's supprt team for more information.", here is the fix: 1. Please go to: http://www.microsoft.com/downloads/details.aspx?FamilyID=6c050fe3-c795-4b7d-b037-185d0506396c&DisplayLang=en 2. Click Download under Microsoft Data Access Components (MDAC) 2.8 3. Click "Save ", then in the Save In box, click "Desktop", and then click "Save"...

2 different checkbook id's, but truly only 1 checkbook
2 different users are posting into "what they thought" was the same checkbook id, but actually is 2 different checkbooks. So I want to transfer all of the data from one of the checkbooks to the other checkbook, then inactivate that one. I thought there might be something in SQL to do this, but MS Support says no. There is lots of data in both, do you have any suggestions on how to get rid of one of the checkbooks and merge to the other checkbook? Thanks. -- cscheible There are quite a few complications to this request. My first question, which can change some of my other ...

Receipt template
Hi! I'm making custom receipt template. I use different headers ("OverlayFirstPage" and "OverlayOnlyPage" differs from "OverlayMiddlePage" and "OverlayLastPage"). Problem is that these headers are of quite different size and there is a lot of space between header and document section on middle and last page. Can I define different <TOP> parameters in <DOCUMENT> depending on what page it is (or what overlay uses)? Thanks, Koit I got it myself, using page number: <IF> <CONDITION>\p=1 | \p=\t</CONDITION> <T...

SFO Install on a different domain
Our sales people want to have Sales for Outlook installed onto their laptops. Unfortunately, these laptops aren't part of the domain CRM runs on and never will be, so the install fails when it asks for the URL of the CRM server. Has anyone worked out a way around the same domain requirement for installing SFO? They can access the crm web page if neessary but we would prefer to use the Outlook client. ...

Money Plus Deluxe Reinstallation
When I try to reinstall MSM Plus Deluxe from a backup cd from digital river it asks me to put my name and key. I do and it says wrong name or key. However it is correct. I have had this problem many times. This is the third backup cd I paid for and it always does the same thing is I try to reinstall it more than once on the same PC. -- Thank You, David R. If it was a download, then you need to contact Digital Rivers so they can find your order # Phone Number is (952)646-5047 "David R" wrote: > When I try to reinstall MSM Plus Deluxe from a backup cd from digital river &g...

Calculating the difference between two fields
Hello, I have a subform in a table which has the following controls: Type of Day....Begin Date.....End Date....Total Days There may be several rows of information in these controls. The form is used to calculate the number of vacation days a person has taken. I have written some code that uses that DateDiff function to give me the difference between Begin Date and End Date. The result is supposed to go into the TOTAL Days control. My problem is that it appears that the calculation is performed only once. So for instance, if John Doe has as his first row Begin Date 3/13/2007 and End ...

To MS: bug report for Outlook 2003
Hello, I did not find any website to submit a bug report, so I use this newsgroup. Outlook 2003, german, all updates applied (22 july 05) Problems with rules: I have about 15 email accounts defined and about 30 rules. When I create a rule to move received email to an other folder, and when using 'Emails received on this account' this is not working problerly: For some rules the wrong account is used. When I edit the rule in the list a wrong account is displayed (and is used for the rule) but when I click to change the account, the correct account is dispalyed. I have imported 30...

Input boxes in excel and MS Query
I'm using MS Excel to display the results of a SQL Server database, using the GET EXTERNAL DATA wizard, which then takes you to Microsoft Query so you can set up the SQL coding. I was having difficulty writing the SQL using MS Query, so I set up the same scenario in MS Access to write a query, then just pasted the query into MS Query. Unfortunately the code does not work and I get a "Invalid column name What is the start date" error What I'm actually trying to do is get two input boxes to appear each time the spreadsheet is opened. The user types the FROM and TO dates in...

Money 2002 won't start #2
My Money 2002 will not start either. Used it last night. While online, a dos window opened with a bunch of scrolling text mentioning MS Money. Now Money won't open AT ALL. Same thing happened to me. No way to open it at all. Has anyone contacted Microsoft? >-----Original Message----- >My Money 2002 will not start either. Used it last night. >While online, a dos window opened with a bunch of >scrolling text mentioning MS Money. > >Now Money won't open AT ALL. > >. > I have this Same Problem >-----Original Message----- >Same thing happened to ...

US Data conversion to UK Money
Just recently moved to the UK from the US and was told by microsoft that I need to use the UK version of Microsoft money to be compatible with the UK cheques. When I installed the UK version it could not read my US files because it said that the "language was incompatible". Does anyone have a suggestion so that I don't need to recreate 10 years of US history just to print a checque in the UK? ...

deleted my money files
I've managed to delete an lrd file or two which was sent to my recycle bin, I deleted them from there also. I have no back up file now either Is there any way of retrieving them or have i lost all my info. I can access the program and start again, but...major task. In microsoft.public.money, tew wrote: >I've managed to delete an lrd file or two which was sent to my recycle bin, I >deleted them from there also. I have no back up file now either Is there any >way of retrieving them or have i lost all my info. I can access the program >and start again, but...major tas...

Computer Keeps Rebooting- Error STOP: c000007b
Cannot get to safe mode. No original XP CD furnished from supplier. All legal. On Fri, 12 Feb 2010 17:29:01 -0800, greg <greg@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote: >Cannot get to safe mode. No original XP CD furnished from supplier. All legal. What have you tried so far ? On Feb 12, 8:29=A0pm, greg <g...@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote: > Cannot get to safe mode. No original XP CD furnished from supplier. All l= egal. That is not enough information to receive useful advice. Have any hardware oriented changes been made to the system since it worked? RAM, vide...

Money Account Name
I have an account that has a Custom Account Name. Every time I do an "Update Now" it changes the name by appending the Financial institution's name to the beginning of the Account Name. For Example. The Name Starts as Update 0, then an "Update Now" chages as follows. Update 0: Amazon.com - Chase Credit Update 1: Chase Amazon.com - Chase Credit Update 2: Chase Chase Amazon.com - Chase Credit Update 3: Chase Chase Chase Amazon.com - Chase Credit Update 4: Chase Chase Chase Chase Amazon.com - Chase Credit Update 5: Chase Chase Chase Chase Amazon.com - Chase Credit Up...

Microsoft Money 2004, 2005, 2006, 2007, or Plus Canadian Edition?
Hello, I'm having difficulty looking for information on the various version of Microsoft Money Canadian edition (for users who live in Canada) What I would like, and I'm sure for the rest of us neglected, confused Canadians, is a list of valid-authentic versions of Microsoft Money Canadian versions. To my understanding, there is only one version for Canadians, Microsoft Money 2004; however I see versions on many websites that have 2005, 2006, 2007 even but no mention of them on the Microsoft Money webpage. Also, what are the differences from all these versions, in terms of feat...

Landed Cost on a different currency
Jonder Solomon of Manzo Food Sales Inc, raised that the GP should accommodate to account the added Landed Cost and be able to apply it even when the currency used to pay additional cost is different than the PO. ---------------- This post is a suggestion for Microsoft, and Microsoft responds to the suggestions with the most votes. To vote for this suggestion, click the "I Agree" button in the message pane. If you do not see the button, follow this link to open the suggestion in the Microsoft Web-based Newsreader and then click "I Agree" in the message pane. http://...

Money 04
When I downloaded bank transactions the first time after setting up the program all electronic transactions had 'Checking" in the payee field. The first one was Office Max so I changed it to Office Max. This changed all transactions listed below that to 'Office Max' also. I then corrected each one. Today I downloaded transactions and they all came in with 'Office Max' in the payee list. How do I correct this problem? TIA, Dennis ...

How do I delete a "function" from a cell in MS Excel?
When I type a number into a cell, and move on, the number inside the cell turns to "###". I just want the number to appear in the cell without any functions. Try increaseing the width of the cell. "Chris" wrote: > When I type a number into a cell, and move on, the number inside the cell > turns to "###". I just want the number to appear in the cell without any > functions. Or using a smaller font. Chris wrote: > > When I type a number into a cell, and move on, the number inside the cell > turns to "###". ...

working with different operating systems
My computer system information shows that my operating system is Windows 7 Home Premium. I'm wanting to access a web application but it's saying that my computer is showning up to be a Windows Vista Home. According to the requirement to access this web application I need to upgrade my operating system to either a Windows XP Pro or to a Windows Vista Pro. Is there a way to do this with my current operating system? Is there a way I can change my current OS to one of the required OS's? Or, is there a way I can run and/or install one of the required OS's while ...

Users Migration from EXC2003 to EXC2007
We are using Exchange 2003 SP2, all users are using Outlook 2003/2007 and connection profile is Exchange type, 20% of all mail users are using Exchange RPC over HTTPS. We deploy Exchange 2007 on 3 servers, 1 is client access and message hub server and second 2 servers is clustered mailboxes. When users mailbox moved from old mail server to new all that is necessary on client side just close and open outlook, server name automaticaly change to new server name in profile. (on Outlook 2007 closing and reopening does not work, only after reboot all works fine) But how about Outlook RPC use...

2 Users, One Computer
I have recently started using Outlook 2007 but my husband still uses Outlook Express (MUCH easier for him). Everytime he tries to check his email (under his user account) Outlook 2007 tries to open because the default email program has changed. How can I permantly change his default email program to Outlook Express? IE's tools, options, programs from either user acct. -- Diane Poremsky [MVP - Outlook] Outlook Tips: http://www.outlook-tips.net/ Outlook & Exchange Solutions Center: http://www.slipstick.com Outlook Tips by email: mailto:dailytips-subscribe-request@lists.outloo...

Can't connect a windows 7 computer
I have a brand new Dell server with SBS 2008. I have a brand new Dell laptop running Windows 7 Pro. On the laptop I run http://connect and go through the wizard until I press "Set up this computer for myself" whereupon I get the message "The computer does not meet the maximum operating system requirements for running client setup" Any advice please Many thanks - Anthony Have you installed SBS2008 Rollup 3 on the server? 969121 Description of Windows Small Business Server 2008 Update Rollup 3 http://support.microsoft.com/default.aspx?scid=kb;EN-US;969121 ...

Unable to install RMS on Home Office Computer
I am trying to get RMS set up on my home office computer so I can manipulate the data, write and test reports, without doing damage to our actual data at work. Unfortunately, the installation routine will not let me install the MSDE. Here's the contents of the installation error log: 2005-03-02 17:00:26.92 server Server Process ID is 3720. 2005-03-02 17:00:26.92 server Logging SQL Server messages in file 'C:\Program Files\Microsoft SQL Server\MSSQL\LOG\ERRORLOG'. 2005-03-02 17:00:26.95 server SQL Server is starting at priority class 'normal'(2 CPUs detected). 20...

Realistic Data Migration Costs
A client of mine was quoted $4,300 to migrate 2,500 records from a system which could export to .txt files. The only consideration from a straight import data view point, was that each Contact was related to an Account. The only details which were required to be imported were contact details (address, phone, mobile etc) and the association with the parent company. To my way of thinking, this is a serious design flaw of MSCRM if it requires this amount of work, to simply show the link between the contact and the account - am I missing something??? It would have ben far cheaper I know to use...

Money 2005
I recently purchased Money 2005. I previously used the 2004 version. The main reason I did this is that I got really tired of manually downloading bank statements into Money. I couldn't find a way to automate the process in 2004. I did some serious comparisons with Quicken 2005 and ultimately decided to stick with Money. Here's the problem. In order to automate the download of my bank statements, I find I have to get a passport. Also, I read in a PC Magazine article that this requires you to store your personal information on Microsoft servers. Frankly, I don't trust...