Microsoft Money Plus Deluxe archive restore

I archived too much of my money files by mistake and would like to restore
part or all, have tried and have had no luck.  Can it be done?
0
WayneKey (1)
2/19/2009 2:18:01 AM
money 28651 articles. 7 followers. Follow

In microsoft.public.money, WayneKey wrote:

>I archived too much of my money files by mistake and would like to restore
>part or all, have tried and have had no luck.  Can it be done?

Good news if you are talking about a recent event: the Archive file
is a copy of your file as it existed at the time of archive. Rename
that file, and open it. Re-download and re-enter info from after
that time.
0
via_newsgroup (13114)
2/19/2009 2:27:54 AM
"WayneKey" <WayneKey@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
>I archived too much of my money files by mistake and would like to
>restore
> part or all, have tried and have had no luck.  Can it be done?

Cal's reply addressed your question directly, but most experienced users
find the archive function undesirable. In addition to being unnecessary,
it doesn't provide much benefit in terms of speed. If experiencing
sluggishness, consider the 'Nuke the bills' option instead. Be aware
that you should cancel all scheduled online payments before doing so,
and that it affects your budget. However, you'll probably experience
performance improvements.
--
Chris Cowles
Gainesville, FL

0
spam_magnet (1210)

Microsoft paints underachieving MBS range as Dynamics
By Gavin Clarke in San Francisco 7 Sep 2005 23:35 Microsoft paints underachieving MBS range as Dynamics Microsoft is putting a little pizzazz into its business solutions (MBS) range - a line that's missed key product delivery dates and revenue expectations. The diverse enterprise resource planning (ERP) and customer relationship management (CRM) line has been unified under the "Dynamics" brand.>> Microsoft CRM becomes Microsoft Dynamics CRM,<< Great Plains becomes Dynamics GP, Axapta becomes Dynamics AX, Navision becomes Dynamics NAV, and Solomon becomes Dynam...

Integration of Microsoft RMS to Quickbooks Online
I have a potential client who wants to know if Microsoft RMS accounting link integreates with Quickbooks Online? If this does work- how is the data shared? is it done by importing a file?? Thanks Andrea Andrea, No. Beginning with version 1.2 of Microsoft Business Solutions Retail Management System, Store Operations, customers can directly integrate with QuickBooks 2003, QuickBooks 2004, or QuickBooks 2005. The supported versions are QuickBooks Pro, QuickBooks Premier, QuickBooks Premier: Accountant Edition, QuickBooks Premier: Contractor Edition, and QuickBooks Enterprise Edition. -...

Microsoft Releases Access 2007 Runtime for Free
Hopefully this isn't old news to most of you! http://accesspro.blogspot.com/ Great for anyone that needs to deploy an Access database to multiple users and doesn't want to buy full licenses! Look through the Office button: a new option should appear there for you to use it. -- Doug Steele, Microsoft Access MVP http://I.Am/DougSteele (no private e-mails, please) "dhawke@designersupport" <dhawke@designersupport@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:CAE6912C-0439-4F82-B658-AB9FA18FD7A1@microsoft.com... > It is great that the runtime is FINALLY out a...

Microsoft Access cannot open file
I am trying to open an access database through a VPN connection and am getting the following error message: Microsoft Access cannot open this file. This file is located outside your intranet or on an untrusted site. I could open it before I upgraded to internet explorer 6. On Sun, 13 Dec 2009 10:43:01 -0800, jlena <jlena@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote: Create a Trusted Location (see Access help file) and try again. -Tom. Microsoft Access MVP >I am trying to open an access database through a VPN connection and am >getting the following error message: >M...

problems with restoring back up
I had Money 2003 home & business on my desktop (XP). I now have a new laptop (vista). I have downloaded the trial of the 2008 Home & business money version. I copied the backup file (.mny) through network connection from the deskto to the laptop. Everythime I open the new Money and go to restore backup it asks me for my old password, it comes up with some windows, saying that it is converting files and then it opens the home Money screen, but none of my old info is there, no accounts, no bills. I have run the new Moeny as an administrator and then restarted and I have opened the...

can't restore my back-up
I backed-up my files from MS money 2000/windows 98 and installed money 2003/windows XP. When I try to restore the back-up date into money 2003. I get "file is corrupted or is not a .mny file" it is not a .mny file, it is an .mbf file. I can't restore this data and have no other copies. I have tried the repair utilities in the program and the MS money web site. Any ideas?? In microsoft.public.money, dennis wrote: >I backed-up my files from MS money 2000/windows 98 and >installed money 2003/windows XP. When I try to restore the >back-up date into money 2003...

Money $1,000.00 a day in the next 90days
Found a quick way to make lots of money effortlessly. I made $180 in just 4 days after joining this affiliate program. It comes a 100% 90day moneyback guarantee. Join risk free. Give it a try, you'll love it. http://hop.clickbank.net/?reneng/mmitums --- MAF Anti-Spam ID: 20050420235059T4s5XoH1 ...

Money 02 standard/wages&salary:net not shown in reg income
When preparing my budget in money 2002 standard v10, I entered my monthly income under Regular Income. Since then I've added a sub category under Reg Income (wages and salary: Net) and customized all of my monthly income there. Now money only shows the intitial income amount which is incorrect and says my budget does not balance. How can I edit the regular income to sow the correct amount? ...

Seperate Investments and Money Plus 08
In Money Plus 08, I have combined investments and want to seperate them. In the Help section, I can see "Click Manage combined investments." but just cannot find this option in the program. Help please! In microsoft.public.money, a@aol.com wrote: > >In Money Plus 08, I have combined investments and want to seperate >them. In the Help section, I can see "Click Manage combined >investments." but just cannot find this option in the program. Help >please! In the lower part of the Details, click ManageCombinedInvestments. Cal Can you provide a snapshot view...

Downloading MS Money 2007 Deluxe on new computer w/ Vista
Help! I've bought an E-Machine that runs Vista because my old slow Dell computer got a virus, and it was time for a new computer anyway. I used MS Money 2007 to balance my checkbook, and I am wondering is there a way to download MS Money 2007 to my new computer without the CD? I downloaded from Microsoft Store the latest Money Essential, and I hate it. I've played with it all day, and it's similiar enough, but I can't figure out how to balance to my statement on it without deleting my transactions. I want the MS Money 2007, and I called 3 different stores that carry ...

Prove these important update that comes from the Microsoft Corporation
--wunqojliov Content-Type: multipart/related; boundary="btaemtqgzrwoscb"; type="multipart/alternative" --btaemtqgzrwoscb Content-Type: multipart/alternative; boundary="vtkhwtai" --vtkhwtai Content-Type: text/plain Content-Transfer-Encoding: quoted-printable MS Consumer this is the latest version of security update, the "October 2003, Cumulative Patch" update which eliminates all known security vulnerabilities affecting MS Internet Explorer, MS Outlook and MS Outlook Express as well as three newly discovered vulnerabilities. Install now to maintain t...

Money 2003 Passport problems
For the last 3 weeks or so, I have been unable to signin to Money 2003 Deluxe with my Passport account. It just says the sign-in attempt was unsuccessful, Please try your username and password again. I know i'm using the right username and password because I can sign in to passport anywhere else. Any idears? That is the case for me for months. I always wanted to ask the question... My workaround is to logging on with the option "don't use on-line features" "Russ" <russ@removemeruss.net> wrote in message news:3fa2a9e9.534546687@news-server.houston.rr.com....

my dictionary in microsoft words processor does not work
my dictionary in microsoft words processor does not work "jpm" <jpm@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:B65CBA40-7D5C-4701-BC5E-9B900E31A465@microsoft.com... > my dictionary in microsoft words processor does not work This discussion group is for the Microsoft relational database product, Access. So you'll need to ask in a discussion group for your word processor. Assuming you are using Microsoft Word, here's how to find an appropriate discussion group: http://www.microsoft.com/communities/newsgroups/en-us/ In the tree on the left, o...

Restore Backup Problem
When I attempt to do a restore backup, my MS Money shuts down. I do not get any kind of error message, just a message on my screen that Money is shutting down everytime I attempt to restore my backup. My version of MS Money is 2004 and operating system is Vista. I used Restore Backup before and never had a problem. I just reloaded Vista and MS Money. -- Luke ...

Excel to Money transfer of data
I was wondering if anyone knew how to Import an excel spreadsheet into Money (Invoice information). I assume that it would have to be made into a flat-file of some kind, but Money only seems to read QIF or OFX files. Any ideas? Thanks for your help Scott "Scott" <anonymous@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in news:e1c401c3f024 $5ca6f3c0$a401280a@phx.gbl: > I was wondering if anyone knew how to Import an excel > spreadsheet into Money (Invoice information). I assume > that it would have to be made into a flat-file of some > kind, but Money only seems to ...

Money Market Accounts & Budgets
Hello: I use my money market account as my primary checking account. As a result, when I view my budget, the purchase or sale of shares in the money market fund, which are "cash" transactions in an account linked to my budget, are treated as income and expenses, rather than as sweeps of cash into an investment vehicle. How can I enter these transactions so they are neutral from an income/expense perspective, unlike ordinary checks or cash withdrawals from the same investment account? Hunter in CT Set up that account as a bank account (checking) not a money market account. ...

Deluxe Stock Screener
I would to know whether it is possible to keep the files saved in the Deluxe Stock Screener program when you used a different or a new computer. I mean, it seems that the personal files in Deluxe Stock Screener are not saved in the hard disk of the personal computer but in a different way that it is impossible to get out when you use a different computer. Thanks. Stefano ...

Can't move Money 2002 file to M 2005
Purchased new computer with new version of Money, Money 2005 Delux. Have tried repeatedly to convert old 2002 file to new program, and program says it is converting, but then goes into a "Not Responding" mode. Can't get any further. Any suggestions? Have you waited A Really Long Time? This is not the fastest thing under some circumstances (glacial might be a better way to put it) and it will be "Not Responding" because it's busy working on the problem, not listening to Windows. "RML" <RML@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:2D734...

"The database setup has not been completed for Microsoft Great Pla
I have a test version (a full back up) of my production version installed on a different box. It has worked fine. I just did a complete restore of the production version to the test version. People signed in and it worked fine. Then all of a sudden (no one tells me anyway that they did anything) no one, not even the admin, can log into the system at all. I get a "The database setup has not been copmleted for Microsoft Great Plains. Use Microsoft Great Plains utilities to complete the database setup before staring Microsoft Great Plains." message. I say ok 3 times for the dialo...

Money 2006 #17
When downloading information from the bank Money's indication of the last download date is four days off. This was the same with Money 2004. Can anyone explain that? When downloading the next time it is then necessary to subtract four days from the "last download" date indicated in Money. ...

Microsoft Outlook 2002 Error (0x80042108)
Task 'jan@msprinsen.com - Sending and Receiving' reported error (0x80042108): 'Outlook is unable to connect to your incoming (POP3) e-mail server. If you continue to receive this message, contact your server administrator or Internet service provider (ISP).' I don't have this problem in Outlook Express, only in Outlook 2002. I didn't have that error, in Outlook 97. I think it is the facility, of multidownloading from several accounts, at the same time, from different e-mail servers, that make the problem. If I only take from the accounts regarding 1 server, I don'...

'Trick' to restore original sort order after data modified?
Had large excel file. Sorted to combine like type part #. Updated pricing, would like to restore back to original list order? Normally insert a new column and sequentially number. Use this filled sequential field to go back to original order. Any tool in new excel that replaces the need to do this? Nope... Keep adding in your sequence number. -- HTH... Jim Thomlinson "L Welker" wrote: > Had large excel file. Sorted to combine like type part #. Updated pricing, > would like to restore back to original list order? Normally insert a new > ...

balance question in money 2002
I would like to know if there is a way to change the way starting balance and ending balance are shown. What I want is the starting balance to be what is in the account before items are reconciled, and the ending balance shows what it will be when I am in the register mode. Ie I have 1800 dollars showing in starting balance and I write out 200 woth of bills and the ending balance shows 1600. If anyone knows how to do this I would appreciate you letting me know. Thanks Do you mean changing what is shown in the pop-up window when you go to balance the account? All the information for...

Microsoft Dynamics GP Overview Documentation
Hi: Where can I find overview documentation for Great Plains 10? We currently use the Purchasing and Financial Modules. JanieB, 1) If using GP 10, go to Help (?) > Printable Manuals. 2) If you have upgraded from v9 to v10, then you can always check the What's New, under Help (?) > What's New or check the Microsoft Dynamics GP 10 Unleashed handbook published by Accolade Publications. Click on http://www.maximumglobalbusiness.com/Solutions.html and follow the Accolade Publications link, then click on Free Stuff. Sign up and you will receive a copy via email. 3) Yo...

Reinstalling Money #2
I created a new partition on my computer and (long story short) reinstalled Money 2004 Deluxe over a previous version (on a different partition where all my data and programs are). When I opened Money it said that my trial period had expired and that I needed to purchase it at a store or online (which I already did a few months ago). It thereafter exits the program, therefore I cannot enter in the activation code which I purchased a few months ago. I basically can do nothing within MS Money. I do not want to order or purchase a CD. Anyone have any suggestions? Please respond to...