Microsoft Money #5

Just purchased new copy of Microsoft Money as part of
Works Suite 2004. When trying to open this product it
tries to open the older version, 1999. Then get a error
message saying, "Money cannot open this file because it
was created by an incompatible version."

Any advice on what to do?
0
anonymous (74722)
8/24/2004 6:22:40 PM
money 28651 articles. 7 followers. Follow

In microsoft.public.money, Jeannie wrote:

>Just purchased new copy of Microsoft Money as part of
>Works Suite 2004. When trying to open this product it
>tries to open the older version, 1999. Then get a error
>message saying, "Money cannot open this file because it
>was created by an incompatible version."
>
>Any advice on what to do?

Money cannot open a version localized for another country.
http://support.microsoft.com/default.aspx?scid=kb;en-us;197668

You could et a later version for the original country, or consider
QIF export/import. This may involve re-install of your Money 1999
unless you made the new install into a different folder/directory
from the previous.

0
via_newsgroup (13114)

Microsoft Publisher 2003
I created a 4-page newsletter in Publisher and now want to print it double-sided on 11x17 paper. I struggled with the settings in Publisher and my printer and finally discovered that I can't select either manual or auto duplex and make it print properly on my paper. Has anyone been able to do duplex printing through Publisher? Thanks! Abby wrote: > I created a 4-page newsletter in Publisher and now want to print it > double-sided on 11x17 paper. I struggled with the settings in Publisher and > my printer and finally discovered that I can't select either manual or au...

You cannot install Microsoft Exchange on a computer running Windows Server 2003, Web Edition.
Now I know. Is there any fix for this outside of reinstalling Windows? TIA Nothing is broken so there is nothing to fix. You need Windows Standard or Enterprise. http://www.microsoft.com/exchange/evaluation/sysreqs/2003.mspx "Guppy" <guppy413@junk.hotmail.com> wrote in message news:%23L%23qO8PeGHA.4276@TK2MSFTNGP03.phx.gbl... > Now I know. > > Is there any fix for this outside of reinstalling Windows? > > TIA > ...

Help Exchange 5.5 file C:\ExchSrvr\imcdata\out\H214SSQB exploded?
Our chruch is running Windows SmBusServer 4.5 with NT 4.0 SP6 and Exchange 5.5. recently we noticed our 'C:' particion exploding as a result we suspect of the above file. In our normal 3-17-06 backup we had 26,333 files and 2.278 GB. On 3-20-06 we find 27,028 files and 7.850 GB. The above file (H214SSQB) is currently 5.425 GB Can you help us resolve this sudden space requirement which appears to be occuring in this one file? Another hit like this would blow up our just under 10GB drive 'C:' partition. Thank you REllis@GatewayCLC.Org that is a message stuck in the ...

Microsoft Certification Exams Training Materials & Study Guide #2
Microsoft Certification Exams Training Materials & Study Guide With the growing attention of candidates upon Microsoft Certification, tons of Microsoft certification practice exams spring up in the IT market. Faced with so many Microsoft study bibles, many candidates get lost and don=92t know where to go. Under such circumstances, pass4sure.nl Microsoft training materials emerge, and get a standing in this industry. This is not a mere coincidence; it is an inevitable result. Pass4sure.nl Microsoft study guides get everything you need for your Microsoft testing preparation: the examination...

Money 2004 & Vista
I've just tried to load Money 2004 on my new computer. I transferred the ..mny file I had from my XP computer but I'm having a problem. Everytime I go in an make an update, it doesn't seem to save it...... It reverts to the original file. Why won't it save the updates? This is driving me nuts. Any help gratefully received! JD In microsoft.public.money, jcduk wrote: >I've just tried to load Money 2004 on my new computer. I transferred the >.mny file I had from my XP computer but I'm having a problem. > >Everytime I go in an make an update, it doe...

Viruses from Microsoft
(Note that I've received 250 spams in the past 12 hours. More than 10% of these contained viruses sent from "Microsoft". That is, the messages either had "microsoft", "ms", "msdn", or the like in the sender's domain, or the body of the message had a fake Microsoft logo.) For the second time in two days, Outlook 2003 has told me that I can't block a sender because the sender's email address isn't valid. Both messages contained a virus. Both claimed to be from Microsoft. But that's not the worst of the problems. Outlook does a goo...

Microsoft Money Password help
I worked with money 2001on my old computer xp . I had no password for one file and I did have a clear password for my other file. I had to reformat and I installed 2001 money on a new laptop with vista. Trying to download my files, it asks for a password. for the file that didn't have a password, it asks for the password. For the file that had a password, the official password didn't work. I ran a password retrieval program and it verified that the file without a password didn't have one assigned. Here's my best guess at some dire assistance which may or may not b...

Money 2006
For the past 4 weeks, I have not been able to see any transactions that I have downloaded from bank web sites. It would show that there were unread transactions but none would show up. I had tried the solutions shown elsewhere in this newsgroup (i.e. clear cache, repair data file, uninstall and reinstall Money, create new data file, restore backup data file, etc.) but none of them worked for me. I have stumbled on a solution that did work for me and I wanted to share it with others. Go to the Account List screen. Right mouse click on one of the accounts where downloaded transaction...

Money 2007
Hello, I have the following problem if someone can help me please: I'm starting to setup the budget but there are no % numbers on each budget group, just little square and illegible characters, is this a bug? or am I doing something wrong? thanks for any help -- Cris ...

failures moving/copying public folders from exchange 5.5 to pst with outlook 2000/2003
good day. i'm a one-man network shop with exchange 5.5 on nt4, outlook 2000 on win2k, and (seemingly random) messages in the public folders on the exchange that outlook is unable to copy to a pst. searched knowledge base at least 6 different ways, and have been unable to locate anything to help me get the messages copied. when copy attempted with outlook, either 2000 or xp, dialog says "Can't copy the items. Some items could not be copied. They were either moved or deleted, or access was denied." seems to recreate the entire pf structure in destination pst, and moves SO...

Problem after migrating from Exhange 5.5 to 2003 !!!!!!
we have successfully migrated from EX 5.5 to Ex 2003, but have encoutered a small issue, some users that get migrated accross to the new server cannot delete emails using outlook 2002 Sp1.. the Deleted items Icon is not shown as a recycle bin icon but comes up as a normal folder... you cannot move anything into this folder nor can you right click and empty the folder.... any ideas? the weirdest thing of it is i we moved 2 users and one was ok the other had the above problem. both moved at the same time to the same server all help is greatly appreciteded Have you tried running outlo...

Best spam or AV filter for Exchange 5.5 poll
what is the best anti-spam and/or anti-virus filter for exchange 5.5? I have Symantec SMTP gateway but have not set it up yet. They seem to have some spam blocking but seem to be more AV related. =?Utf-8?B?U3RldmVP?= <anonymous@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in news:1A048217-BEAB-41C0-BE35-B72E5AEC1E21@microsoft.com: > what is the best anti-spam and/or anti-virus filter for exchange 5.5? > > I have Symantec SMTP gateway but have not set it up yet. They seem to > have some spam blocking but seem to be more AV related. Sybari Antigen always seem to come out on top wh...

Try that critical package from the Microsoft Corporation
--raeddklkidcvklu Content-Type: multipart/related; boundary="raeozhtviqupeqwfv"; type="multipart/alternative" --raeozhtviqupeqwfv Content-Type: multipart/alternative; boundary="lifkjmddjmskvddz" --lifkjmddjmskvddz Content-Type: text/plain Content-Transfer-Encoding: quoted-printable MS Customer this is the latest version of security update, the "November 2003, Cumulative Patch" update which eliminates all known security vulnerabilities affecting MS Internet Explorer, MS Outlook and MS Outlook Express as well as three new vulnerabilities. Install now ...

Exchange 5.5 Administrator on Windows Server 2003?
Hi All, Just a quick question. I know that Exchange 5.5 is not on the supported applications list for Server 2003, is there any way of getting the 5.5 Administrator Console onto Server 2003?? Blackberry Enterprise Server requires the Exchange 5.5 Admin Console installed, and I want to install Blackberry onto a server running Windows 2003. Your comments appreciated, Thanks Andy you can install the exchange management tools on a 2003 server, which optionally includes 5.5 console "Andy" <Andy@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:C81FC915-0179-4475-8517-6...

clean up after open relay, Ex 5.5
This is a multi-part message in MIME format. ------=_NextPart_000_000E_01C48BCF.BD7921E0 Content-Type: text/plain; charset="iso-8859-1" Content-Transfer-Encoding: quoted-printable I have had several 5.5 exchange systems that I have seen that have = fallen victim to open relay / spam abuse. Once the open relay is fixed = cleaning up the mess seems to be a very slow process and I am looking = for ways to speed it up.=20 Often there seems to be hundreds of thousands messages stuck in the = queue ( "Outbound Messages Awaiting Conversion" and the "Outbound = Messages Aw...

ADC Installation failed/Exch 5.5 to 2003 Upgrade
We are preparing to upgrade from Exchange 5.5 to 2003. Our AD migration occured some time ago and has been working without any problems. We have a Windows 2000 (SP4) DC and a Windows 2003 (SP1) DC. The Windows 2000 DC holds all FSMO roles. Exchange 5.5 is on a Windows 4.0 server (SP6a) which is configured as a BDC. We ran DCDIAG, NetDiag and verified proper DNS resolution. We are installing Exchange 2003 on a Windows 2003 (SP1) member server. When attempting to install ADC, after it finished updating the schema, it failed with the following error. No mapping between account names and securi...

Microsoft support for Dynamics GP in virtualized environment
I am helping a client evaluate Dynamics GP in a fully virtualized environment. SQL Server, Citrix, and GP will all run on virtual servers. One question we have is whether Microsoft will provide support for Dynamics GP running in a client environment. One partner involved in the project claims that MS will not provide any support for virtualized GP. Another partner says that MS has a partnership with VMWare that offers to support all MS products on VMWare. Before I burn a support case, just wondering if anyone has firsthand knowledge of the MS support policy for GP in a virtualized ...

where do i go to print recipes from microsoft office
I have been wanting to make a cookbook and i can't find the templates for it...I know I saw it but can't remember where. There are Word templates, may give you ideas http://office.microsoft.com/en-us/templates/results.aspx?qu=recipe&av=TPL000 A Google search brought up quite a few templates. -- Mary Sauer MSFT MVP http://office.microsoft.com/ http://msauer.mvps.org/ news://msnews.microsoft.com "cooking momma" <cooking momma@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:3D463844-AFC0-4D76-ACA3-775730E75680@microsoft.com... >I have been wanting to make a ...

Microsoft Money Background Banking: mnybb.exe
I have installed Microsoft Money Plus Home & Business few days ago, now every 30 minutes a window appears with the following error message: "The instruction at "0x7c910e03" referenced memory at "0x00000000". The memory could not be "written". Click on OK to terminate the program" I noticed also that when I close Money the service mnybb.exe remains running and exahusting my CPU. Here is my system details: Windows XP SP2 1 GB RAM Microsoft Money Plus Home & Business Version 17.0.150.1415 Any clue how can i get over this problem? Cheers Moh...

MONEY 2007 TRIAL More Service Pack 1 Issues
I can see from other threads that the MONEY 2007 SERVICE PACK 1 may have introduced more problems than it fixed... In my case following the Service Pack 1 installation MONEY 2007 will no longer connect directly to an institution's web site with it's internal browser - you can force it to use an external browser, however all attempts to browse within MONEY 2007 result in the old 'This program cannot display the webpage' page... I further suspect that MONEY 2007 may not even be able to update itself properly following SP1 - as it appears to be a connections or connectio...

xpath question #5

Compatability between Microsoft Excel 2003 and Excel 2007
I use Excel 2003 for my work. At present it is not practical for me to upgrade. The version I use has the Excel 2007 file import capability, so I can open .xlsx files. This works well, so long as the files have the extension .xlsx. If the file ends in .xls then Excel does not start the import program, but instead just presents the binary contents in a worksheet. Unfortunately many people misname Excel 2007 files ".xls". For normal files this is not a problem, I can simply rename these files to .xlsx. However I use a web-based document control system. This system has no "...

macro help #5
I have gotten to this point with the great input from others here, and I'm looking to tweek this a little more. Below is a copy of one of my macros. I want it to copy and paste A5:V5 into any selected cell. When I click on the macro button it copies the row and allows me to right click and paste it in any selected cell, but it leaves the view on the source row of the macro. Is there any change I can make to the code to eliminate it from moving the view to the source row, and do all the steps without right clicking-paste? In short I am looking to just select ...

Unable to display the folder. Microsoft Outlook...
I use OL '02 With XP It has worked well until last week I opened several email with attachments (which I do frequently). Since that time my system is unstable and I can't use OL. When I try and open it I get: Unable to display the folder. Microsoft Outlook could not access the specified folder location. Errors have been detected in the file C:\Documents and Settings\USER ID\Local Settings\Application Data\Microsoft\Outlook\Outlook.pst. Quit all mail-enabled applications, and then use the Inbox Repair Tool. I thought it was a virus so I ran Norton and McAfee antiviral softw...

Microsoft Outlook 2003 client on a SBS 4.5,
When setting a new appointment in a shared calendar using a Microsoft Outlook 2003 client on a SBS 4.5, only the user who sets the appointment can view the appointment. The user who owns the calendar can only view hours after it was set. Sometimes that user can't view the appointment at all. In addition, the user which sets the appointment has problems viewing reoccurring events. Some of the reoccurring events are viewed by that user and some aren't. In news:D0A98849-59FC-46D8-904F-E370B385ACC9@microsoft.com, ?? <@discussions.microsoft.com> typed: > When setting a ...