Microsoft Money 2008 Product Life Cycle

I have been using Microsoft Money 2006 which ceased doing online updates
today, September 3, 2008.  I then decided to download Microsoft Money
Essentials to update my Money 2006. I only need a bare-bones copy of
financial software. The cost was about $35.00 for the download and a backup
CD. When I went to activate the account the EULA stated that the product was
only valid for one year of online updates. I can not find any information on
the Money site to confirm this and have requested that my order be cancelled
as a safeguard until I can ascertain what is actually the product life cycle.
One year of use for $35 seems a little steep!
Has anyone seen any information on what the product lifecycles are for the
new Microsoft Money versions? I'd like to know if the Deluxe or any other of
the versions have a longer online update cycle. At this cost I'm considering
switching to Quicken!!
0
SEABEE1 (17)
9/3/2008 6:13:03 PM
money 28651 articles. 7 followers. Follow

In microsoft.public.money, SEABEE wrote:

>I have been using Microsoft Money 2006 which ceased doing online updates
>today, September 3, 2008.  I then decided to download Microsoft Money
>Essentials to update my Money 2006. I only need a bare-bones copy of
>financial software. The cost was about $35.00 for the download and a backup
>CD. When I went to activate the account the EULA stated that the product was
>only valid for one year of online updates. I can not find any information on
>the Money site to confirm this and have requested that my order be cancelled
>as a safeguard until I can ascertain what is actually the product life cycle.
>One year of use for $35 seems a little steep!
>Has anyone seen any information on what the product lifecycles are for the
>new Microsoft Money versions? I'd like to know if the Deluxe or any other of
>the versions have a longer online update cycle.

Return Essentials. It won't work with files from Money 2006. Install
Deluxe. It has a 2-year cycle.

Had you tried the free trial first, that would have simplified
things. To return Essentials, see
http://support.microsoft.com/kb/898130/en-us

0
via_newsgroup (13114)
9/3/2008 6:35:48 PM
Trust us, no matter how simple you think your financial needs are, you Do
Not Want Money Essentials.   Which, by the way, will not allow you to use
your existing Money data file.  M$ stopped selling Money Standard after 2006
and, at the same time, began selling Money Essentials.  This has caused a
lot of confusion.  Money Standard was a basic functional Money Program
without some of the frills that were in Deluxe; while Money Essentials is a
totally stripped down (and in the opinion of everyone here, useless)
program.  The update route from Money Standard 2006 is Money Plus Deluxe.
That's just the way it is.  After rebates, Money Deluxe should be available
for less than the $35 you paid for MEss and it has a two year downloading
lifespan.
--
Peace,
BobJ

"SEABEE" <SEABEE@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
>I have been using Microsoft Money 2006 which ceased doing online updates
> today, September 3, 2008.  I then decided to download Microsoft Money
> Essentials to update my Money 2006. I only need a bare-bones copy of
> financial software. The cost was about $35.00 for the download and a
> backup
> CD. When I went to activate the account the EULA stated that the product
> was
> only valid for one year of online updates. I can not find any information
> on
> the Money site to confirm this and have requested that my order be
> cancelled
> as a safeguard until I can ascertain what is actually the product life
> cycle.
> One year of use for $35 seems a little steep!
> Has anyone seen any information on what the product lifecycles are for the
> new Microsoft Money versions? I'd like to know if the Deluxe or any other
> of
> the versions have a longer online update cycle. At this cost I'm
> considering
> switching to Quicken!!

0
Privacy1 (389)

Money #28
I have loaded money 2004 on my computer and I am trying to down load my bank statement. I keep getting an error message C:\window\tempoary Internet file\content.IE5 \4B7FYG9T\history(1).QFX is corrupt or is not a MNY. extension. How can I fix this? Money does not import the QFX file format. Does your bank offer OFX or QIF? Try one of those. "Howard Benson" <anonymous@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:28ebc01c4655c$967122d0$a601280a@phx.gbl... > I have loaded money 2004 on my computer and I am trying to > down load my bank statement. I keep getting an ...

Update
What is Happening? This message is to inform you that Microsoft will soon begin discontinuing newsgroups and transitioning users to Microsoft forums. Why? As you may know, newsgroups have existed for many years now; however, the traffic in the Microsoft newsgroups has been steadily decreasing for the past several years while customers and participants are increasingly finding solutions in the forums on Microsoft properties and third party sites. This move will unify the customer experience, centralize content, make it easier for active contributors to retain their influence, mitiga...

formula for money additions & subtractions
I am trying to get a formula to calculate payroll deduction for cas register +/-. When an employee is over by $10 or under by $24, th difference comes out of thier check. Example: if somone is -25.00 for the month $1.00 would come out of th check. If someone is +11.00 then $1.00 would come out of the chec also. the +/- for the month is in one cell so i would like the formula to b able to read that cell and figure out if it is too much or little fo the deduction. this is the greatest sight that i have ever found and i hope someon can help me Thank you, Mik -- Message posted from http...

2008 SBS questions... 07-04-10
I am trying to get a 2008 sbs running as efficiently as I can & was wondering about a couple of things. 1) I know it wants to be the DHCP server on a network, but what about for wireless clients? I have a wireless sonicwall TZ-170 for wireless laptops to connect to. They really don't need network access, just internet, so can I leave this running, as long as the addresses it hands out aren't in my same network? 2) Although the bought an SBS, the customer is not & probably won't be running exchange for a while. Can I remove exchange all together? I really see no rea...

Microsoft CRM 3.0 (KB922815) Installation Error
When i try to install Update Rollup 1 for MSCRM 3.0 i get following error. Setup could not find Microsoft CRM 3.0 Server or you have a mismatch between update language and Microsoft CRM language. The installation of this update has stopped. Is this rollup language dependent? I have a swedish installation of MSCRM. Thanks! // Mats ------=_NextPart_0001_11F19277 Content-Type: text/plain Content-Transfer-Encoding: 7bit Yes this rollup is language dependent. You need to install SVE(swedish - sweden) UR1 package. Thanks, Indira Dhingra This posting is provided "AS IS" with no...

SBS 2008 Fax Sent Items Not showing all faxes sent
Hello, I need to allow sent faxes to be seen by all users. I have Windows XP and Windows 7 64bit client machines. Currently they can only see their sent faxes. In SBS 2003 they were able to see all sent faxes. Any suggestions? Could you create an Outlook rule based on the fax sent acknowledgement that copied the fax to a public folder? "RodSoh" <RodSoh@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:A4541A0E-18C2-4A83-A13D-8E7D045C29E8@microsoft.com... > Hello, > > I need to allow sent faxes to be seen by all users. I have Windows XP...

Converting Microsoft Office 2003 Trial into a full version
I have bought a Sony Vaio PCG-GRT360ZG notebook with installed Microsoft Office 2003. I registered Microsoft Office 2003 trial version. Now I am trying to convert it into a full version. Unfortunately I am getting message that my product key (from Certificate of Authenticity) is invalid. My trial version expires in Jan 2005. What should I do ? My product key from Certificate of Authenticity label is : J8FHJ-Q6BJM-G6PVD-FWM2B-PW6J8. Thank you very much Peter. ...

Net Worth Report on Money 2002
I have added a new liability account named "Home Equity Loan Account". It has a balance of approximately $15,000. Even though I have cleared and rechecked the account names in the reports section making sure that this new account has been marked for inclusion, it doesn't appear on the report. What corrective action should I investigate? ...

Money 2006 won't open
Recently had problems with the IE8 upgrade. It screwed up everything so much that I'm back with IE6, which seems to be working OK. But now MS-Money won't open. The msmoney.exe file is running because I can see it in Task Manager. Even when I end the process in Task Manager, the program still won't open on the desktop. Rebooting doesn't solve anything. Any ideas? Windows XP, SP3 Have you tried: 1) Opening the Money Sample data file? (This will isolate problems with your data file from problems with the application itself.) 2) Reinstalling Money? "snavegerg...

My product key is incorrect how do I resolve this problem?
My laptop came with Microsoft word 2007. Microsoft word tells me to put in my product key. So i put in the product key that is located on the bottom of my laptop but for some reason it says it's incorrect how do i resolve this? The product key on the bottom of your laptop is undoubtedly for Windows and not Word. Laptops often come with a trial version of Office 2007. Unless you paid extra for a retail version of the Office software it may be that your trial has now expired. -- <>>< ><<> ><<> <>>< ><<> <>>...

Microsoft Responds to the Evolution of Online Communities
Date 5/4/2010 Starting in early summer 2010, Microsoft will begin progressively closing down the Microsoft public newsgroups to enrich conversations in the rapidly-growing forum platform. This decision is in response to worldwide market trends and evolving customer needs. Microsoft continues to invest in forums to reduce customer effort, consolidate community venues and make it easier for active contributors to retain their influence. Forums provide a healthy community environment with less spam and make answers easier to find by customers and search engines. Additionally, forums offer ...

Money 2006 Investment Account balance display
I have two Investment Accounts (401k) in Money 2006 Deluxe. For some reason, Money stopped displaying the account totals on the Account List page. It used to show the account balances and the subtotal for all of my investment accounts. Additionally, I now notice that each account now has a second account with the same name, but has the word "Contributions" added in parenthesis. This seems to be new as well. The data in the accounts still seems alright. My investment subtotal on the Account list page shows a zero balance and there is no balance listed for the accounts the...

Money 2006 Standard
I've just started to use the Money 2006 and I'm trying to move from the Essential Budget to the Advanced Budget, but the software does not move to the selected option. Is there any action to correct this problem? I was using a very old Money version (97) and the file was converted without any problem with budget data in the Advanced format, but as I can't select the Advanced Budget I'm not able to change anything in it. Is it possible to somebody help me on solving this problem? Thank you very much -- Bob Campos Have you tried doing a File - Repair, Bob? -- Michael Gor...

Customize HTML Status Bar with Product Image
Hello, I am trying to find a script where it will display the image of the product while it’s being scanned. I found one in this forum, but it was giving errors and not working correctly. Thank you, Steve This is a multi-part message in MIME format. ------=_NextPart_000_00AF_01C9496F.1301C390 Content-Type: multipart/alternative; boundary="----=_NextPart_001_00B0_01C9496F.1301C390" ------=_NextPart_001_00B0_01C9496F.1301C390 Content-Type: text/plain; charset="utf-8" Content-Transfer-Encoding: quoted-printable Steve, Try the one attached. --=20 Jeff=20 Check Poi...

Suggestion for enhancement to Money
Money 2003 contained a feature to track frequent flier miles and points, however you have to do it manually. It would be nice to have an update feature like with bank accounts and investments so a person doesn't have to type all that in. Well, it takes two to tango. Given that all of the airlines are in bankruptcy or are desperately trying to stay out of it and given how very few Money users care about this feature, I'd be really surprised to see Microsoft worry much about convincing the airlines to support such an interface. Besides, the banks don't do such a hot job with th...

Change the icon on Microsoft apps files?
This is a multi-part message in MIME format. ------=_NextPart_000_0012_01CA9CFE.DD0ACFE0 Content-Type: text/plain; charset="iso-8859-1" Content-Transfer-Encoding: quoted-printable Can anyone tell me how to change the icon on a Microsoft file/shortcut = -- for example, an excel spreadsheet or MCE recording? ------=_NextPart_000_0012_01CA9CFE.DD0ACFE0 Content-Type: text/html; charset="iso-8859-1" Content-Transfer-Encoding: quoted-printable <!DOCTYPE HTML PUBLIC "-//W3C//DTD HTML 4.0 Transitional//EN"> <HTML><HEAD> <META con...

IBF for Microsoft CRM now available
Great news to pass along. After a much longer wait than anyone imagined, our IBF solution for Microsoft CRM is now available. It took us a ton of work to get the performance and security of this solution right, but I think you'll find it's well worth the wait! The number of new scenarios enabled and the ability to access Microsoft CRM data from directly inside of your favorite Microsoft Office applications is really compelling. You can download the solution from: http://www.microsoft.com/downloads/details.aspx?FamilyId=332BEFFB-4492-40D7-8CE0-995489909B6A&displaylang=en Join me...

Serious problem with Money Plus Deluxe
I have about 17 years worth of investment data in my Money file along with several years of credit card and checking account data. All of the investment transactions have been entered manually; the credit card and checking account data is downloaded online. Stock prices have been updated daily over at least the last dozen years. On Friday, after entering a bunch of new transactions which were accepted normally and shutting Money down, I tried to open my file again. After I entered my login info, Money gave me the memo that it had "encountered a problem and was shutting down.&qu...

C#, .net 3.5sp1 and Visual Studio 2008 sp1 errors list
What kind of errors will the errors list show when using C# 3.5sp1 with Visual Studio 2008sp1? "Andy B." <a_borka@sbcglobal.net> wrote in message news:%23tmIzu4vKHA.404@TK2MSFTNGP02.phx.gbl... > What kind of errors will the errors list show when using C# 3.5sp1 with > Visual Studio 2008sp1? e Why would you expect any? On the face of it vs 2008 sp1 will target .Net framework 3.5 sp1 by default. Andy B. wrote: > What kind of errors will the errors list show when using C# 3.5sp1 with > Visual Studio 2008sp1? That all depends on what ki...

Transaction error in Money 2007
Since TAXCUT is out and Money is free with it (Staples), I purchased and upgraded from 06 to 07. My first download resulted in a transaction on my Fidelity account that listed the sale of one mutual fund and the purchase of another. Following the prompts I accepted each transaction but received the following error: An error occurred but Money was unable to retrieve and display details about what happened. (Resource = rcmpiad. Error = 4061.) I have tried deleting the transaction but it continually says 1 transaction to read. I have run salvage and it claimed to fix some on-line issue...

Money 2007 H & B + Windows Vista
Hello, I have read a lot about problems with installing and using Money (2007) on machines running Windows Vista. Is there some kind of "manual" how to go about the install procedure? A manual that describes where to have the program installed installed and where to keep the data? And a manual that describes how to keep the rights as an administrator as you would normally have under windows XP? And maybe there are some other issues that I haven't thought about. Thanks, Eric "Eric" <nomail@hotmail.com> wrote in message news:468fe69d$0$37724$5fc3050@dre...

Help! Can't Restore my "Old" Money 2005 Backup
Help! Can't Restore my "Old" Money 2005 Backup. Windows 2000 replaced by Windows XP Home on C:\Drive. D:\Drive contains data and Backup only. PC is on a wired Home Network . I recently upgraded from Windows 2000 Pro to Windows XP Home. I wiped the C: Drive clean (formatted) and did a "Fresh" install of Windows XP Home. I reinstalled Microsoft Money 2005 Deluxe, then tried to restore my "old" 2005 Money Backup file (My Money Backup.mbf) from both D: Drive and USB thumbdrive. The Restore shows a default location ..."C:\Program Files \My Money.mny&quo...

re-download MS Money instructions??
I purchased and "installed" MS Money Deluxe today on the Internet. I have the order confirmation and codes in hand. After removing my prior version of Money Deluxe 2006 ..I received a message saying that Money could not "install files needed" and for me to "re-download the program". Where/how do I "re-download: the program? the M S Money page that I found tells me to get the code and purchase information in hand...but..stops there. Is there a site I go to re- download? thanks for any help. Rich In microsoft.public.money, rich wrote: >I pur...

from Money 2004 to 2005 Small Biz Edition
I am sure that I can open the mny file at 2004. But its show error message when I upgrading my money file. The message show " Money Cannot locatemny file" or cannot open it,possibly because it is a read-only file or you do not have permission to change it or your disk is write protected. My Os is XP SP2 (T-Chinese). Is anybody upgraded successfully? I also have the same problem... What is the cause?? I cannot covert the 2004 file to 2005 version at any means.... "Jesse" <Jesse@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:C6754B1C-D719-4DC1-807C-1D2CFD22AA...

Compatability of Powerpoint 2008 with 2004
Version: 2008 Operating System: Mac OS X 10.5 (Leopard) Processor: Intel I "upgraded" to Office 2008 and am having problems viewing Powerpoint slides that I created with 2004 version previously even though they are saved as 2004. Some images are blank or blacked out. In one case, when I replaced the images and then sent the presentation to a colleague who uses MAc with Office 2004 it was fine on his computer but when he sent back to me, again images were blank or black. I need to exchange files frequently with people using the older version so it will not be adequate to just fix thi...