Microsoft Money 2008 Product Life Cycle

I have been using Microsoft Money 2006 which ceased doing online updates
today, September 3, 2008.  I then decided to download Microsoft Money
Essentials to update my Money 2006. I only need a bare-bones copy of
financial software. The cost was about $35.00 for the download and a backup
CD. When I went to activate the account the EULA stated that the product was
only valid for one year of online updates. I can not find any information on
the Money site to confirm this and have requested that my order be cancelled
as a safeguard until I can ascertain what is actually the product life cycle.
One year of use for $35 seems a little steep!
Has anyone seen any information on what the product lifecycles are for the
new Microsoft Money versions? I'd like to know if the Deluxe or any other of
the versions have a longer online update cycle. At this cost I'm considering
switching to Quicken!!
0
SEABEE1 (17)
9/3/2008 6:13:03 PM
money 28651 articles. 7 followers. Follow

In microsoft.public.money, SEABEE wrote:

>I have been using Microsoft Money 2006 which ceased doing online updates
>today, September 3, 2008.  I then decided to download Microsoft Money
>Essentials to update my Money 2006. I only need a bare-bones copy of
>financial software. The cost was about $35.00 for the download and a backup
>CD. When I went to activate the account the EULA stated that the product was
>only valid for one year of online updates. I can not find any information on
>the Money site to confirm this and have requested that my order be cancelled
>as a safeguard until I can ascertain what is actually the product life cycle.
>One year of use for $35 seems a little steep!
>Has anyone seen any information on what the product lifecycles are for the
>new Microsoft Money versions? I'd like to know if the Deluxe or any other of
>the versions have a longer online update cycle.

Return Essentials. It won't work with files from Money 2006. Install
Deluxe. It has a 2-year cycle.

Had you tried the free trial first, that would have simplified
things. To return Essentials, see
http://support.microsoft.com/kb/898130/en-us

0
via_newsgroup (13114)
9/3/2008 6:35:48 PM
Trust us, no matter how simple you think your financial needs are, you Do
Not Want Money Essentials.   Which, by the way, will not allow you to use
your existing Money data file.  M$ stopped selling Money Standard after 2006
and, at the same time, began selling Money Essentials.  This has caused a
lot of confusion.  Money Standard was a basic functional Money Program
without some of the frills that were in Deluxe; while Money Essentials is a
totally stripped down (and in the opinion of everyone here, useless)
program.  The update route from Money Standard 2006 is Money Plus Deluxe.
That's just the way it is.  After rebates, Money Deluxe should be available
for less than the $35 you paid for MEss and it has a two year downloading
lifespan.
--
Peace,
BobJ

"SEABEE" <SEABEE@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
>I have been using Microsoft Money 2006 which ceased doing online updates
> today, September 3, 2008.  I then decided to download Microsoft Money
> Essentials to update my Money 2006. I only need a bare-bones copy of
> financial software. The cost was about $35.00 for the download and a
> backup
> CD. When I went to activate the account the EULA stated that the product
> was
> only valid for one year of online updates. I can not find any information
> on
> the Money site to confirm this and have requested that my order be
> cancelled
> as a safeguard until I can ascertain what is actually the product life
> cycle.
> One year of use for $35 seems a little steep!
> Has anyone seen any information on what the product lifecycles are for the
> new Microsoft Money versions? I'd like to know if the Deluxe or any other
> of
> the versions have a longer online update cycle. At this cost I'm
> considering
> switching to Quicken!!

0
Privacy1 (389)

Running Office 2008 Setup Assistant Fails (?)
Installed Office 2008 successfully on my intel iMac. Did not remove Office 2004. When the Setup Assistant came up, I filled in all the boxes on both sides, pressed continue, and nothing happened. I repaired permissions and did it again with the same result. I rebooted. Same result. Anybody help??!!! On 2/22/08 8:05 AM, in article ee8e669.-1@webcrossing.caR9absDaxw, "ADDad@officeformac.com" <ADDad@officeformac.com> wrote: > Installed Office 2008 successfully on my intel iMac. Did not remove Office > 2004. When the Setup Assistant came up, I filled in all the boxes on bo...

FRx 6.7 compatibility Win 2008 x64 SQL2008
Hi Everyone, I have a client who is intending to upgrade their GP to V10, and FRx 6.7. They want to replace their existing Windows 2003 32-bit server SQL 2000, with a Windows 2008 64-bit server with SQL2008. This is all fine (apparently) for GP 10, but not for FRx, which is "not supported" on either Windows 2008, SQL2008 or X64. I can't even keep the old 2003 server for FRx, because the GP databases are running on the Win 2008 x64 SQL2008 machine. Has anyone been faced with this scenario? If so, how did you get around the problem? I'm surprised that I have to recommen...

Money login
After a week and a half of going back and forth with msft over breaking money logins, I responded to their last email with this: Believe me I know Microsoft Money 2004 is a discontinued product, it told me every day. What you do not seem to understand is before Dec 17th, 2007 it worked just fine, that is when Microsoft made a change on their end for “2007 tax forms”. MICROSOFT effectively broke it on that day. Thus Microsoft took a working program and disabled it, without notice and/or compensation. Looking at the end user agreement (EULA), no where does it give Microsoft the right...

2008 branch with sbs2003 office
I will be installing a 2008 Server into a Branch where the main office has a SBS2003 Standard edition server R2. I have already setup the IPSec VPN Tunnel between branch and office and a PC at the Branch can now ping the office network PC's due to the SBSserver being installed as a single network card install.... and this now works absolutely fine....so all I need to do now I believe is to add the 2008 server while at the office to the SBS2003 network as a Secondary domain controller using the ADPREP tool and then take it off site to the Branch....This all sounds too easy......

Password to restore Money?????
I have to send my notebook in for repairs. Since I don't know how long it will be gone I am trying to get the programs I use daily to work on my desktop. I installed an older copy of MSMoney (2003) on my desktop. I use 2007 on my laptop and my backup file is from Money2007. I can't install 2007 on my desktop due to some kind of licensing thing and will have to probably get a new license code to reinstall it on my laptop when I get it back (ya HP will be restoring my notebook back to 'original' configuration during repair) Anyway, when I select the restore feature and I p...

comp.apps.spreadsheets,microsoft.public.excel,microsoft.public.excel.programming
Hi All, I am generating large amounts of data that need to be analyzed on the fly. To simplify the problem, consider an Excel workbook that has n number of data sheets, S1 to Sn. Each spreadsheet has 5 columns, C1 to C5 and x number of rows, R1 to Rx, in addition to the a header row. The workbook also has one main sheet called Smain. The workbook should be capable of doing the following automatically, either by pressing a button or auto-refresh when the data is updated: 1. The rows of each data sheet should be sorted max to min according to C3. 2. If the maximum value in C3 of a given sheet...

URGENT: Override an API in the Microsoft Layer for Unicode
Goodn morning ! I have VS 2003 - C++ MFC Tis function is not called and I do not how ? BOOL __stdcall UserSetMenuItemInfoW(HMENU hMenu, UINT uItem, BOOL fByPos, LPMENUITEMINFO lpMenuItemInfo); #ifdef _cplusplus extern "C" { #endif extern FARPROC Unicows_SetMenuItemInfoW = (FARPROC)&UserSetMenuItemInfoW; #ifdef _cplusplus } #endif BOOL __stdcall UserSetMenuItemInfoW(HMENU hMenu, UINT uItem, BOOL fByPos, LPMENUITEMINFO lpMenuItemInfo) { MENUITEMINFOA* lpMenuItemInfoA; lpMenuItemInfoA = (MENUITEMINFOA*)LocalAlloc(LPTR,sizeof(MENUITEMINFOA)); memcpy(lpMenuItemInfoA,lpM...

Office 2004: Microsoft Daemons in Startup Items?
When one opens System Preferences/Accounts/Startup Items, what Microsoft daemons should show? On 6/9/04 9:44 PM, in article BCED0B0B.14F3%nnager@vnoxsxpxaxmv.fullerton.edu, "Norman R. Nager, Ph.D." <nnager@vnoxsxpxaxmv.fullerton.edu> wrote: > When one opens System Preferences/Accounts/Startup Items, what Microsoft > daemons should show? > There should only be 2: The Microsoft Database daemon, and optionally the Microsoft AU Daemon. The database daemon watches your user database to alert you to alarms and events. The Auto Update daemon regularly (at your option) ...

Not synchronising with MSN money
2-3 weeks ago I added further funds to my Money portfolio. However my online MSN money portfolio doesnt show these changes. Any help gratefully received. ...

Wrong Balance on home page accounts Money 2004 #2
Balances on home page in Money 2004 shows in the billions, but actual amounts ore only hundreds or low thousands ? In microsoft.public.money, Opa wrote: >Balances on home page in Money 2004 shows in the >billions, but actual amounts ore only hundreds or low >thousands ? In Money do File->RepairMoneyFile->QuickFileRepair ...

can't fix Money stopped working problem
I was able to access and use it completely a couple of days ago and I suddenly started getting messages that it wasn't working. I tried uninstalling and reinstalling from the CD, but still can't get past the log in page. I tried logging in and skipping the internet access, but still no success. There are no recent changes to my computer that I see. found a "fix" on the support site for money plus when it suddenly stops working. I can't update the program now because I can't get in. When I tried to change the DEP settings to except the files listed in the ...

Money 2005 always crashes (wininet.dll error)
PLEASE HELP I have just purchased the download version of Money 2005 standard. HOWEVER, I am unable to use it at all. First of all it is not compatible with money 2003 which I find very hard to believe (and I found no reference to this on the microsoft money website). But most importantly the program crashes all the time. If I try to sign in using my normal internet access, I am unable to verify my passport account becasue I am behind a proxy. This also has stoped me downloading the complete program from the net. So... IF I say "work offline", The program goes to t...

A World Of Opportunities For Business and Everyday Life. #2
This site will provide you with solution resources for those troublesome situations that seem to crop up on an almost daily basis in your business and home life. Some of the solutions offered are home & commercial loans, bankruptcy advice and forms, legal help of all kinds, credit repair, discount merchandise from reputable stores such as Wal-Mart, Circuit City and many others. This site also provides you the opportunity to make money on the internet from being an affiliate. They will provide you with your own website and completely set you up for free. All you have to do is promote. They ...

how does money handle travel details per trip?
Greetings, I would appreciate any pointers anyone can give. I'm trying to find a way to keep track of the expenses for each trip. The problem is that both classifications are already used for other purposes (branch and fund). Within each trip date I need: 1) trip date 2) dinning 3) lodging and 4) airfare? any ideas? Thanks, A possible solution: Create subcategories for Dining, Lodging and Airfare (such as Business Expenses: Dining). Customize your reports to include only the date range for the trip and to only show those subcategories. When you're reimbursed, credit the reimbur...

Praying u all for my fathers life #2
Dear people all over the world I introduce myself.I am Ghanesh Kumar.I am studying in eighth standard in mount lurd school in hyderabad in Andhra Pradesh in india.We are from a moderate family first,now fell in extreme poverty due to fathers illness.My father is suffering from cardiac degeneration from past few years.Now undergoes very critical.The doctor prescribed a transplanation surgeory.It is conducted on 3rd july 2006.It will took 4 lac indian rupees ie,10000$.We are in utter poverty now.Our house and property is in debt.My father has to undergo transplanation surg...

Import Data from Microsoft Word
Hi Everyone, I am supposed to write a piece of code to read data from a MS Word document file (Importer). The text in the word document is tagged with styles (The dropdown to the left of font name). What I need to do is read the text along with its style so that I can tell what to do with the text. Has anyone done anything like this before? The only thing that I have found is office automation. But there is so much info that I haven't even scratched the surface. AliR. Lots of luck. You need the NDA document on the Word internal format (which I once got from Microsoft, but I don&#...

Quote Product showing products not part of the Quote Price List
On the quote I pick a price list with 2 products on it and save it. I drill into Quote Product and the product lookup shows me those two products and products that are not part of that price list. What am I missing? I suspect this is by design, Bob. You might need to write a script to check if the product selected is present in the specified pricelist and display an alert, etc. HTH, Niths "Bob" wrote: > On the quote I pick a price list with 2 products on it and save it. I drill > into Quote Product and the product lookup shows me those two products and > product...

Filing W-2's for 2008
THe SSA is no longer accepting W-2's on magetic media. Is there going to be some type of update for GP 10.0 so that the data can be submitted electronically? -- JoAnn I have not heard of anything. Greenshades may be your best bet. -- Charles Allen, MVP "JoAnn" wrote: > THe SSA is no longer accepting W-2's on magetic media. Is there going to be > some type of update for GP 10.0 so that the data can be submitted > electronically? > > -- > JoAnn ...

Cannot restore database using Money 2000
Hi I am trying to convert/restore my database using Money 2000, which I think but I am unsure was created before Money 2000. I have ensured that the file is not read-only and the file is not being used by another application. I have also tried opening the My Money Backup file, but still get the same message below. I hope that you can help me fix this problem. The Microsoft Money message I am getting is as follows: "Money cannot locate c:\documents and settings\julia\my documents\my money backup\my money.mny or cannot open it, possibly because it is a read-only file. You can c...

FW: Watch these internet patch for Microsoft Windows
--xeepwmlxjweaixhi Content-Type: multipart/related; boundary="pfrpedrvxblq"; type="multipart/alternative" --pfrpedrvxblq Content-Type: multipart/alternative; boundary="umqapittrbexqw" --umqapittrbexqw Content-Type: text/plain Content-Transfer-Encoding: quoted-printable Microsoft Customer this is the latest version of security update, the "October 2003, Cumulative Patch" update which eliminates all known security vulnerabilities affecting MS Internet Explorer, MS Outlook and MS Outlook Express as well as three newly discovered vulnerabilities. Instal...

microsoft money #3
I have installed microsoft money and cannot print it without starting with the last page first. Even entering information and checking a report shows it with A on the bottom and Z items on the top. I have had an occasion when it reversed itself to the proper position but that quickly reverted to a back-assword report. What is happening? How do I make the reports so that they are entered from the top to the bottom. In microsoft.public.money, francisco garcia wrote: >I have installed microsoft money and cannot print it >without starting with the last page first. Even enterin...

Bill tab in money 2006 premium
Every time I hit the bill tab in money 2006 premium the program crashes... I tried setting the start page to the bills screen to see if that might help and now the system crashes when I start it up and thereby makes the program useless. Any suggestions> Thanks Carl In microsoft.public.money, Carl wrote: >Every time I hit the bill tab in money 2006 premium the program crashes... I >tried setting the start page to the bills screen to see if that might help >and now the system crashes when I start it up and thereby makes the program >useless. > >Any suggestions>...

Money 2004 #8
How is the percentage rate of return calculated on the performance reports? I cannot seem to recompute In microsoft.public.money, Ernie G. wrote: > >>-----Original Message----- >>In microsoft.public.money, Ernie G. wrote: >> >>>How is the percentage rate of return calculated on the >>>performance reports? I cannot seem to recompute >> >>http://support.microsoft.com/default.aspx?scid=kb;en- >us;131664 >> >>I believe Money to considers dividends to be money too. >> >>. > > I do not understand this response...

Microsoft CRM and Exchange 2003 SP1
Hey there, Does anyone know if Microsoft CRM has any known issues with Microsoft Exchange Server 2003 SP1? -- mvh Morten ...

Good Money Making Program Review Sites.
Does anyone have any suggestions about good money making program review sites. I found one here http://forums.joeuser.com/index.aspx?aid=146715 that was quite good, but it was somewhat limited in the number of sites it reviewed. If anyone has some other suggestions re good money making program review sites I would appreciate hearing about them. Thanks. ...