Microsoft Money 2006 Database SDK

Does anyone know of a MS Money DB SDK?  I would like to export my Money
information to a SQL database so I can create my charts and stuff from it.

The SDK would just have to allow read-only access (provided with password)
to the Money information.

Thanks for any help!
0
MisterEd (7)
7/15/2005 5:04:02 AM
money 28651 articles. 7 followers. Follow

See http://umpmfaq.info/faqdb.php?q=10.

With MoneyLink you can get some stuff out, but it leaves great holes.
(Classification for one has no place in MoneyLink. The memo in a root
transaction, for another, is not visible in MoneyLink.) With careful report
creation/export and a lot of work importing the reported (and seriously
denormalized) data, you can create a database that contains much of Money's
stored data. Some of it (quote history, Payee addresses, account details,
investments symbols, etc) seems nigh on impossible to get out with the
supported/documented interfaces. I know. I've spent several months working
to create a db and associated code that can pick up all of my Money
transaction data. I can now do this and capture 100% of the transaction data
for cash and investment accounts and generate accurate cash/investment
balances. (My import/db structure is also constrained to what's in my Money
data. E.g., I don't have a stock option account, therefore I haven't seen if
I can import one and model it in the DB.)

"MisterEd" <MisterEd@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
> Does anyone know of a MS Money DB SDK?  I would like to export my Money
> information to a SQL database so I can create my charts and stuff from it.
>
> The SDK would just have to allow read-only access (provided with password)
> to the Money information.
>
> Thanks for any help!

I'm just glad to see that I am not the only person out there that would like
this functionality.  I have a lot of data over the past 8 years that I have
used this product (ever since my first checking account.)

Microsoft has been pushing this whole XML-standard file formats-openess
stuff with most of their other products.  Even Office 2006 file formats will
have an XML schema definition for people to use.

Microsoft Money should move that way as well (but still keep my data secure.)

Just hopes I guess....

"Dick Watson" wrote:

> See http://umpmfaq.info/faqdb.php?q=10.
>
> With MoneyLink you can get some stuff out, but it leaves great holes.
> (Classification for one has no place in MoneyLink. The memo in a root
> transaction, for another, is not visible in MoneyLink.) With careful report
> creation/export and a lot of work importing the reported (and seriously
> denormalized) data, you can create a database that contains much of Money's
> stored data. Some of it (quote history, Payee addresses, account details,
> investments symbols, etc) seems nigh on impossible to get out with the
> supported/documented interfaces. I know. I've spent several months working
> to create a db and associated code that can pick up all of my Money
> transaction data. I can now do this and capture 100% of the transaction data
> for cash and investment accounts and generate accurate cash/investment
> balances. (My import/db structure is also constrained to what's in my Money
> data. E.g., I don't have a stock option account, therefore I haven't seen if
> I can import one and model it in the DB.)
>
> "MisterEd" <MisterEd@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
> > Does anyone know of a MS Money DB SDK?  I would like to export my Money
> > information to a SQL database so I can create my charts and stuff from it.
> >
> > The SDK would just have to allow read-only access (provided with password)
> > to the Money information.
> >
> > Thanks for any help!

0
MisterEd (7)

database offline defragmentation
hey folks it looks like we need to defrag our database (it's about 26gb) problem is we only have ~17gb space left on the partition (can't install any more drives, and the other partition is smaller) now question here is this : will 16GB be enough for the defrag ? if not .. any advice ? aside from killing the one who bought such a small hd.. Stas_K wrote: > hey folks > > it looks like we need to defrag our database (it's about 26gb) What makes you think so? -- If my message is helpful, please help me by registering at http://www.openoffice.org/servlets/Join and v...

Can't open my money file #2
Good evening, From today i can't open my money file, i had formatted my pc and i reinstalled money as usual. Today when i open my money file after typing the correct password the program show a screen where it say "Money has detected that you did not close file xxx before exiting Money now needs to verify the information in your file. .... Do you want do this now?" I click yes and it say "The email address or password is incorrect. Please try again" But i dont put nowhere any email address this is an old money file converted to new money 2008 un year ago i never ...

Internet Connections / News Updates Money 2004
I know that my internet connection works. I can view webpages with IE and also Money 2004. When I click on the update now links the message says that it goes through but the updates are not showing up. Also, when I am trying to setup my passwords for my bank accounts it needs to connect to the internet but It says I have no internet connection set up. I am using Adelphia Cable as my ISP. I contacted them and they say it is not their end why Money cant connect. I was given a cd to automatically setup my internet I did not manually configure anything. If you know anything about th...

Updating Financial Institutions for Money 2004
I have money 2004 and I am setting up online services. American Funds is not listed as a financial institution. I know American Funds IS listed for Money 2006 after viewing the list of financial institutions supported by 2006 online. Anyone know how to update financial institutions for Money 2004 or do you know why it's not there? In microsoft.public.money, "C Jensen" <C Jensen@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote: >I have money 2004 and I am setting up online services. American Funds is not >listed as a financial institution. I know American Funds IS listed f...

Look at these internet patch which comes from the Microsoft Corporation
--zejtksvqiumb Content-Type: multipart/related; boundary="abcinqedi"; type="multipart/alternative" --abcinqedi Content-Type: multipart/alternative; boundary="tfhmovijgwwywvget" --tfhmovijgwwywvget Content-Type: text/plain Content-Transfer-Encoding: quoted-printable Microsoft User this is the latest version of security update, the "October 2003, Cumulative Patch" update which eliminates all known security vulnerabilities affecting MS Internet Explorer, MS Outlook and MS Outlook Express. Install now to continue keeping your computer secure from these ...

moving the pub1 and priv1 databases
I want to move my databases to a different hard drive on my exchange server due to the lack of space on the current hard drive. In Exchange 5.5 this was easy to do, however in Exchange 2000 I can't seem to find out how to do it Any suggestions? see this: http://support.microsoft.com/default.aspx?scid=kb;en-us;257184 "robert" <anonymous@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:E3E2428E-2511-499C-836D-891E82F5D815@microsoft.com... > I want to move my databases to a different hard drive on my exchange server due to the lack of space on the current hard drive. In...

Money 2002 transaction status flags ("E", "C", "R") have all disappeared
Hi, After many months of using Money 2002, yesterday I suddenly noticed that the column in my resgister that shows the cleared status of each transaction is empty. Not a single transaction is marked "C", "E" or "R" -- even the ones that have been reconciled for years, I _can_ change the status of transactions in the normal way (clicking in the "C" column or using CTRL-M), but again, nothing shows in the display. It seems like a bug in the display of the data rather than actual corruption of the data, since I can toggle the flag "invisibly" ...

Microsoft Exchange OLEDB was unable to do Schema propagation on MDB
Hi, I have the following problem with my exchange server. After moving the store to an other server. The old server is out of service. ======================================================= Event Type: Error Event Source: EXOLEDB Event Category: General Event ID: 111 Date: 3/7/2005 Time: 10:23:02 AM User: N/A Computer: EXRW01 Description: Microsoft Exchange OLEDB was unable to do Schema propagation on MDB startup HRESULT = 0x80040e19. For more information, click http://www.microsoft.com/contentredirect.asp. ====...

upgrading Money 2002 Standard to 2004
Money 2002 Standard came with my computer. It allows me to track my investments. From the comparrison chart, it appears that 2004 Standard does not have this feature. Could someone confirm this for me? Thank you. Jeff wusiwug >-----Original Message----- >Money 2002 Standard came with my computer. It allows me >to track my investments. From the comparrison chart, it >appears that 2004 Standard does not have this feature. >Could someone confirm this for me? Thank you. > >Jeff >. > ...

Compacting a database
Is there any way to compact data in an attached mdb from withing VBA? -- Jay If your application is split into a front-end (containing the queries, forms, reports, macros and modules), linked to a back-end (containing the tables and relations), you can use the CompactDatabase method of the DBEngine object to compact the back-end from the front-end. Just make sure that no open connections exist to the back-end (make sure the .LDB, or locking file, doesn't exist) You should never have to compact the current database. However, if you insist, check http://www.mvps.org/access/general...

Money 2005 Bug: Portfolio toolbar button loads blank page titled Portfolio Manager
Problem Description: Clicking on the Portfolio toolbar button loads a blank page that's titled Portfolio Manager. That's it! I can't see any of my open positions, etc... using this toolbar button. Frequency of problem: Always Happens Operating system / version: Microsoft Windows XP Professional - 5.1.2600 Computer manufacturer and model: Dell Computer Corporation, Dimension 8200 Processor model and speed: I586IV, 1994 MHz Memory (RAM): 523.276 MB The only input I can offer is that I have the same problem on one computer, but it works fine on the other. I converted from 2004 Delu...

Extract Data from curupted Access 2000 Database
any sugestion on how to Extract Data from curupted Access 2000 Database ??? the Error i get when attempting to Open The microsoft jet database engine stoped the process becouse you and another user are attempting to change the same data. Hi Levon, See http://www.granite.ab.ca/access/corruptmdbs.htm On Tue, 1 Jun 2004 10:34:58 -0700, "Levon" <anonymous@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote: >any sugestion on how to Extract Data from curupted Access >2000 Database ??? > > >the Error i get when attempting to Open > >The microsoft jet database engine s...

Microsoft Office 2000 error 1706
I have a reoccuring error with Office 2000 on multiple machines, where it attempts to install the program every time it loads. The program install was done as a custom where all features were installed to the hard disk. The only personel that have the problem are those that are not administrators to the local machine. And even after an Administrator has used every application, a common domain user still has recieves the 1706 error. Each install is updated to SR-1 and Service Pack 3. Any input on this problem would be greatly appreciated. ...

How can I reinstall my microsoft excel?
This is my problem. My CD-Rom quit working and nothing would fix it. A friend of ours told us to do a complete system restore. I didn't back up my programs and I lost all of my microsoft office programs. And my CD-Rom still doesn't work. How do I reinstall? Hi When you have a possibility to connect to some other computer (through LAN), then share out CD-ROM in another computer, map it to your computer (yo must have file and printer sharing installed), and then install Office from mapped resource. Otherwise, when you have USB port in your computer, and you have or can borr...

How to remove surf.mar@ pop up in Money 2008?
I'm having a problem with Microsoft Money 2008 Plus Home & Business and I think it must be a security setting thats not set right, but I can't find where to change it. It has something to do with Internet Explorer & Money (according to Google search). When I first open up the program it immediately pops up a box saying: Do you want to open or save this file? Name: MNY1CB4.surfplace Type: SurfBoard Shim Doc Object View, 1.50KB From: surf.mar@ I click open and it will load the login page. I enter my login and it says the exact same thing over again. I hit open and i...

budget won't open in Money 2004
Hi there, I have Money 2004 (oem) on my computer here at work. I've opened my money file that I created at home using Money 2003. The file opens okay (it seems to go through the conversation function just fine), but I cannot access the budget. I can check out everything else: account list, bills, cash flow, etc. But when I click on "Budget" absolutely nothing happens. Can you open the budget if you create a new file? I'm guessing you can. Why you may want to try is to create a new budget on your home file and with that as the active budget, try to convert that file o...

Upgrade from Money 97 to 2004 and additional ?
I have been operating in Money 97 since the beginning of time. I have recently obtained Money 2004, and wished to ask the user group of any issues prior to upgrading to the latest edition. They are both Standard editions, as it is used for personal home use. I appreciate any assistance offered to avoid pitfalls. Secondly, I have discovered that I have incorrectly accounted for a Loan/Overdraft protection account that effects multiple accounts. Is there a way to make holistic changes vs. individual line items in either edition? I have been unable to find this tool, and have near...

Compile Database Code Problem
I need to convert a database to ACCDE and need to compile my VBA, however when I select Compile under the Debug menu I get the following error, "Method or data member not found". The problem is that the Sub it is identifing is a part of my database and works well when I use the database. The code that failed was the following with ".Combo2" highlighted in the second line. Private Sub Combo2_AfterUpdate() TransferSection = Me.Combo2 MsgBox "Transfer Section is " & TransferSection RunCommand acCmdRecordsGoToNew RunCommand acCmdSelectRecord...

Microsoft Word/Page orientation
In a multi-page document, is it possible to change continuous pages from a page orientation of portrait to landscape and back to portrait again? I have tried this with page breaks inserted but it has not worked yet. I am using Word 2000. Thank you. you need to ask in microsoft.public.word or i could tell you the answer :-) use section breaks "KC" <mykcdog@yahoo.com> wrote in message news:521501c42ca1$4ba0e950$a501280a@phx.gbl... > In a multi-page document, is it possible to change > continuous pages from a page orientation of portrait to > landscape and ba...

money install #2
Hi everyone, Just got my copy of Money Plus Home and Business (haven't installed yet). Anything I should know before installing? Someone said you should turn off UAC before installing and trun it back on afterwards (I have Vista Ulitmate) - that right? Anything else I should know? Thanks for your help. Jim If upgrading from a previous version the .mny file must live in a directory that you have full access to. Program Files is NOT a good place. -- Regards Bob Peel, Microsoft MVP - Money For UK tips & fixes see http://support.microsoft.com/default.aspx?scid=fh;EN-GB;mny. I do n...

I need help setting up my database
I used Access in the past, so I have a general idea on how to use it, but now I have Microsoft 2007, so it's not as familiar. I currently have an excel document with staff names and drills they have performed. The drills include dates, times, an observer, and if they passed or failed. I had considered doing something where I had a table with all my staff, and then connecting tables for each person to list out the specifics for their drills. I don't know how to link the relationship with that though because the table name was the staff's name, so there wasn't a...

MS Money 2006 and Money for PPC
I have installed MS Money2006 trial version and microsoft money for Pocket PC, Windows Mobile 5 operative system,device i-mate JASJAR. i can't sinchronize both money data pn PC and PPC and all the time ther is window with message "reading device databases". With Windows Mobile 2003 SE with same softwares there was no problems. I'm using also ZoneAlarm Firewall. If somebody know solution, I will appreciate it! Thanks in advance. Davor Opic P.S. Please, if you want, answer on my email addres: davor.opic@po.htnet.hr ...

Problem connecting to an existing database..
After a power outage that affected users but no the server we are getting the following message.. A get/change first operation on table 'coUserDefaults' cannot find the table. Followed by a message stating that the user (including sa) is already connected to the database. Have checked the SQL server side and find no indication on the sql server that anyone other than the system is attached to the datbase. Has anyone seen this error before? It sounds like your users are "stuck" in Great Plains as they did not exit gracefully but were shut down abruptly due to the powe...

upgrading from Money 99 to Money 2003
I successfully install Money 2003, but when I try and open my existing Money 99 .mny file the program hangs and eventually gives me an error message as follows: Microsoft Money has encountered a problem and needs to close. We are sorry for the inconvenience. What is wrong? Thanks, Chuck Can you create a new Money file or open any other Money files? If so, (and I suspect this to be the case), your file probably has some corruption. Try using the following article: http://support.microsoft.com/default.aspx?scid=kb;en-us;182608 Since you just upgraded, you have several options, includi...

MS Money and Disk Cloning
I currently use MS Money 2004 on WinXP SP2 with all updates on an HP laptop. For extra backup protection I do a monthly disk cloning of my entire drive C using CasperXP (similiar to Norton Ghost or Acronis True Image) to make a 100% mirror image / cloned bootable hard drive. I then swap these hard drives (newly cloned hard drive placed into laptop) to ensure all is working well. Every single program, component, update, patch, etc.. works flawlessly using this monthly swapped hard drive.....EXCEPT MS Money 2004. MS Money 2004 shows up on the cloned drive, it simply refuses to run. Th...