microsoft money 2004 will not open

We just received a new money 2004 today.
The installation went well and the icons are shown.

The problem is that when trying to open money we get an
error message:
Money requires Internet Explorer 6 to function properly.
Please reinstall Internet Explorer 6 so these components
can be added.

The reinstall of Internet Explorer 6 was done, plus
removing and reinstalling microsoft money.  This did not
help, we continue to receive the same error message.

Any help with this problem would be appreciated.
Thanks
0
anonymous (74722)
1/15/2004 4:54:53 AM
money 28651 articles. 7 followers. Follow

In microsoft.public.money, John wrote:

>We just received a new money 2004 today.
>The installation went well and the icons are shown.
>
>The problem is that when trying to open money we get an
>error message:
>Money requires Internet Explorer 6 to function properly.
>Please reinstall Internet Explorer 6 so these components
>can be added.
>
>The reinstall of Internet Explorer 6 was done, plus
>removing and reinstalling microsoft money.  This did not
>help, we continue to receive the same error message.
>
>Any help with this problem would be appreciated.

You could uninstall and then install into a different folder. If
that did not solve it, I would contact Microsoft directly on this
one.
0
via_newsgroup (13114)
1/15/2004 11:02:55 PM
Get in touch with Microsoft Tech Support.  You need help from the pros.

"John" <anonymous@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
> We just received a new money 2004 today.
> The installation went well and the icons are shown.
>
> The problem is that when trying to open money we get an
> error message:
> Money requires Internet Explorer 6 to function properly.
> Please reinstall Internet Explorer 6 so these components
> can be added.
>
> The reinstall of Internet Explorer 6 was done, plus
> removing and reinstalling microsoft money.  This did not
> help, we continue to receive the same error message.
>
> Any help with this problem would be appreciated.
> Thanks

0
dpommering (45)

Microsoft Dyanmcis GP Menu
I have 1 user in my GP setup that does not have the "Microsoft Dynamics GP" menu button. Does anyone have any idea on how to get this back and why she wouldn't have it? GP 10 Sp1 Thanks Fliehigh I ended up fixing this issue by recreating the user account. If anybody knows why this would happen i would still be interested though. I did try assigning the user power user rights but it did not fix it, only recreating the user did. Thank god that setting up a user in 10 is faster and easier. Fliehigh "Fliehigh" wrote: > I have 1 user in my GP setup that does ...

How do I get photos to preview prior to sending without opening e.
How do I get attachments (photos) to preview in the body of my message without opening each attachment or photo? Outlook exprss allows this, but I have not been able to get Outlook to do this. John <John@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote: > How do I get attachments (photos) to preview in the body of my message > without opening each attachment or photo? Outlook exprss allows > this, but I have not been > able to get Outlook to do this. You can't get Outlook to do this because it's built not to. If your senders want you to see images in the preview pane, they m...

why can't I open my Excel data in Excel, but I can as a merge sour
I need to add new fields to a data source that I am using for mail merge, but when I try to open it in Excel, I get an error message saying it is not a recognised file type. Help! What is the name of the file? How are you trying to open it? -- Jim Rech Excel MVP "legalsec" <legalsec@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:5C6F0709-5D43-4BE2-9EDF-4E9342BD05AC@microsoft.com... |I need to add new fields to a data source that I am using for mail merge, but | when I try to open it in Excel, I get an error message saying it is not a | recognised file type. Help! ...

Email Attachment Won't Open
I am trying to send a word document as an attachment, but the receiver can not open the file. Any ideas or suggestions? emery ------------------------------------------------ ~~ Message posted from http://www.OutlookForum.com/ ~~ View and post usenet messages directly from http://www.OutlookForum.com/ >I am trying to send a word document as an attachment, but the receiver >can not open the file. Any ideas or suggestions? Have him or her install the application you used to create the attachment. -- Brian Tillman Smiths Aerospace 3290 Patterson Ave. SE, MS 1B3 Grand Rapi...

Money 2007 and Treo 700wx
I see that Microsoft in their infinite wisdom discontinued our ability to have Pocket Money. Looking for a suitable replacement. Anyone care to share what they are using and how they like/dislike it? Thanks ...

Opening file #2
A few of my Excel files won't open immediately. An error box says "can't find .and.xls...." After clicking on this box, a similar message comes up with another "can't find (another file name which makes no sense)." This happens about a half dozen times when finally the file opens. Any suggestions to get rid of these error messages. John431 Had the same problem and this worked for me thanks to Gord Dibben XL2002 In my case it was stumbling over file names with spaces. Start>Run "excel.exe /unregserver"(no quotes and note the space before th...

Cannot Open Very Large .PST File Need Help
Outlook 2003 sp3 - we have a very large .PST file (about 5GB) that we cannot open is there any way we can open it and salvage the data? Thanks, Tom Tom <yahoo@earthlink.com> wrote: > Outlook 2003 sp3 - we have a very large .PST file (about 5GB) that we > cannot open is there any way we can open it and salvage the data? What happens when you try? Is this on an NTFS file system? -- Brian Tillman [MVP-Outlook] You've run scanpst.exe, the repair tool on it, several times? "Tom" <yahoo@earthlink.com> wrote in message news:OkYpj.7874$M71.7298@trnddc08......

how do I open an excel spreadsheet attachment from microsoft word?
I received an email with an attachment that is an excel spreadsheet. My computer is coming up with a message to get program from online. I go to the website and click on microsoft excel and download, but I still can not open the attachment. What am I doing wrong, and how do I open this attachment, without having to tell my customer to send it to me as a word document? There is an Excel Viewer, a free download which will enable you to open Excel files, available from here: http://www.microsoft.com/downloads/details/aspx Also, you could think about Openoffice - I can't find a suita...

Money portfolio.
CAN ANYONE HELP???? It seems that the money portfolio has been changed and let me say it is not very good .Two problems that I have is that the old portfolio I have been using was put in my favorites so I could go right to the portfolio when I clicked on it.Now even though I check the box to remember me so I can go right to the portfolio It always asks me to sign in.I can not put it in the favorites so i can go right to it.Next!!The dow is on the bottom of the portfolio and all it does is tell you the number it is at.It does not say if it is up or down.Also in the po...

Money Accont Register printout
Is there any way in Money 2006 to print out a calendar year's Account Register entries for my checking account? There is a convenient selection for printing out the past 12 months, but that isn't quite what I want. I want the entire year 2005 checking account register so I can use it as a quick reference while doing my tax work. Surely there is a way to do this, but I have not been able to figure out how. "Previous Year" is an option in most all of the report customizations. You must be using Advanced Reports to get useful reporting. If you set for Essential Reports, chang...

Pocket Excel files (.pxl) do not open in Excel 2003 on XP desktop
I just tried to open a Pocket Excel file on my Windows XP desktop and the file could not be opened. Has anyone had any luck opening Pocket excel files on a desktop PC without converting them? Pocket Excel I believe is the .pxl format that the Handheld PC and the PocketPC use. I may want to password protect files and send them to a party that does not have a PocketPC. Can this be done, or do I need to convert the files to MS excel and password protect a seperate .zip file using resco File explorer? I cannot send any files to this party that are not password protected for the risk is to...

Please help: Word cannot open the existing (normal.dot)
Please help the attachment shows what error I get when I open Microsoft outlook. Word is my email word processor. This appears every time I open outlook. This also happens every time I open word. Could some one explain to me how I can help this from happening??? This started to happen while I was working and there was a power bump (lightning strike near by). any help would be appreciated. Cast8Away AKA Dobbie May Your Sock Count Always Be Even It sounds as thought your Microsoft Word template is corrupted. I typically resolve this by searching for the normal.dot file rename it to no...

microsoft money #2
I downloaded a preview of microsoft money about 6 months ago and the time run out on it, I deleted the shortcut and other utensils that it uploaded to the computer. This week all of a sudden the first thing the computer does when you click on something to bring up from the program menu or even shortcuts it brings up install for microsoft money 2003 and it trys to install it. Seeing that I erased or at least thought I erased all of it. It can't finish it and I can't seem to get rid of it! What do I do? Thanks Tim Did you literally erase things or did you try Control Panel >...

Money Lifetime Planner
Has anyone an explanation as to why Money withdraws more money in a year from Investment Accounts than is required to cover projected expences for that year? To cover projected total expences in each year funds are obtained from new income not generated from investment accounts, manadatory withdrawals from Qualified (Defined Benefit) Investment Accounts and finally from Taxable Investment Accounts,if required, to cover the remaining balance. Money 2006 reports an amount each year defined as "Reinvest minimum distribution" which is equal to a surplus amount withdrawan from I...

Money is wrongly categorising transactions
I'm using Money 2006 Small Business V 15.0.150.513 I've used Money for many years, but refuse to upgrade again because MS just keeps adding more and more 'flashy' features whilst some of the most 'useful' basic features don't work properly. Here's one that's a real wind up: Every month I import my bank statement QIF file and money can't even categorize the items correctly despite the payee details and amount being identical to previous ones. Although it does correctly categorize some, others are either left unassigned or assigned incorrectly. ...

Microsoft Abandoned Its Customers Again
As we all know, MS Money will not be supported any longer. Or, the product will be obsolete. I figure MS does not see it can make tons of (or enough) money from the product. This product is such a small piece in its grand scheme. I remember the same happened a few years ago with MS game zone community. Some of the MS games were hugely popular. Some kids started playing when they were 8-10 years old. 10 years later, they still play. Over the years, they made so many good friends and enjoyed the game quite a bit. Some even form clans and play group games as part of the tournaments. Then...

Money 2003 and E-Mail error 102
I need to ask about a specific payment to my bank. When I try to send I get an e-mail error 102. I searched the knowledge base and Money Help with no luck. Any information appreciated. I need to ask about a specific payment to my bank. When I try to send I get an e-mail error 102. I searched the knowledge base and Money Help with no luck. Any information appreciated. ...

Bank Merger so will lose Direct Money services so looking for new bank
The new bank tells me that driect services in MS Money are insecure and = too costly. I had rejected having an account at their bank because of = its lack of support for direct services and billpay within Money. So = now I am back to looking for a new bank. I prefer a national bank with = good money market rates. I don't mean 1 or 2%, which works both ways = with MS Money. Anyone have a suggestion. By the way, I don't think Money transactions are insecure. I have been = using them for 10 years without incident. What do you think? "SteveC" <sconklan.nospam.yahoo.co...

Posible to open site with Page scrolled to the bottom?
I'm using master pages and the first page to open is a content page. When the site starts I'd like the first page that shows to be positioned at the bottom. Is that possible? Thanks Try to set focus to any control that appears on the content page. Vijay chandar. " Cal Who" <CalWhoQQ@roadrunner.com> wrote in message news:uxZPAlJcKHA.2184@TK2MSFTNGP04.phx.gbl... > I'm using master pages and the first page to open is a content page. > > When the site starts I'd like the first page that shows to be positioned > at the bot...

Can I Safely and Easily Delete (non-English) Proofing Tools in Office 2004?
When first installing Office 2004, I inadvertently installed all Proofing Tools, rather than just English. Is there an easy way to safely and easily remove all non-English proofing tools? Would it be ok to just remove all the non-English files in the Proofing Tools folder? An additional approach I considered is trashing the Proofing Tools folder and then doing a custom install from the Install CD? If that would work, must I then reinstall all the incremental updaters? Or, it this just a dumb idea and not worth the effort? On 6/26/08 1:49 PM, in article 5cb4c868-8190-475b-a227-2af9c5618d3e...

Money + Yodlee for non-Bank accounts?
AOL's bill pay system uses Yodlee too I believe, but it allows checking your wireless provider's bill (warning you about low minutes) and cable providers and etc etc. I don't think Money has this capability (at least in 2006 and earlier), is this available in 2007 or any idea if it will get added? -- Tashfeen Bhimdi ...

Buying MS Money 2005 from outside the US
Microsoft's software retail policies continue to amuse me... I've been living in London for the last 3 years, and obviously my credit card billing address is in London now and no longer in the US. I'd like to upgrade my Money 2003 to the 2005 version, but need to have a US billing address, even on a US credit/ debit card! Tried purchasing in England (where it's more expensive anyway cause of the exchange rate) and got the reply that I'd have to have a UK credit card... Anyone share the same frustration and has found an alternative, other than asking friends/ relatives&#...

Cannot Print in Money 2004 SB
I can't print! I got to FILE, PRINT SETUP, and neither Report & Chart or Invoice setup works allows me in. FILE, PRINT does nothing. I get no error, it just goes back to the menu. I've tried to print from various screens and from reports. Other programs print fine. Yesterday I was able to print both to my printer and to an adobe pdf. Today nothing. I reinstalled the Money software. Nothing changed. I had to do the import/export routine on all my accounts to get rid of an error from way back in 1999, and balancing has been frustrating. I'm down to the final few things, and I ...

microsoft sync services--since downloading update to Blackberry Desktop manager
Version: 2008 Operating System: Mac OS X 10.5 (Leopard) Processor: Intel Email Client: imap I recently downloaded the update for Blackberry desktop manager, and have gotten &quot;sync error&quot; messages both times I've synced. Today when I tried to sync, I keep getting the message &quot;Microsoft sync services has encountered a problem needs to close.&quot; The message pops up over &amp; over. I've tried starting entourage holding option key, but says data working fine. What else to do? Here's the log: <br> Microsoft Error Reporting log version:...

Money 2001
I have recently moved to Papua New Guinea and have set up my local accounts on Money 2001. I have added the local currency - PGK kina to the currencies but when I try to download my bank statements I get this error box message: Import Completed Your file import was completed, but 1 item could not be processed... File import X Your statement contained a default currency (PGK) which was unrelated to the currency of the account "Westpac PNG Cheque". Money does not support statements containing unrelated default currencies. I was dowloading the file in OFX format. QIF files work...