Microsoft Money 2004, 2005, 2006, 2007, or Plus Canadian Edition?

Hello,

I'm having difficulty looking for information on the various version of
Microsoft Money Canadian edition (for users who live in Canada)
What I would like, and I'm sure for the rest of us neglected, confused
Canadians, is a list of valid-authentic versions of Microsoft Money Canadian
versions.  To my understanding, there is only one version for Canadians,
Microsoft Money 2004; however I see versions on many websites that have
2005, 2006, 2007 even but no mention of them on the Microsoft Money webpage.

Also, what are the differences from all these versions, in terms of features
and options for Canadians---are they all the same but changes from version
to version as the US edition changes?

and lastly, is there a Canadian edition of Microsoft Money Plus? and what
flavors does it come in (Essential, Deluxe, Premium ..etc)

Cheers!

0
Rami1 (2)
12/16/2007 12:45:51 PM
money 28651 articles. 7 followers. Follow

I am another frustrated Money user.
I have money 2003 us version, that is because it was all that was available
here in canada.
I was told that a cansdian version was on order and each time they got a
couple in, they were gone before I could get there, after a couple of years I
couldn't even find a mention of a canadian version, they apparently stopped
with 2006, I am now looking at quicken but it apparently does not bring money
files forward like both of them used to.
Now you have to download a program to do this and it is apparently quite
complicated, So Much for quicken and so much for microsoft., both seem to be
going to the dogs,
Any programmers out there, put a good canadian product out and email me.
--
DougK

"Rami" wrote:

> Hello,
>
> I'm having difficulty looking for information on the various version of
> Microsoft Money Canadian edition (for users who live in Canada)
> What I would like, and I'm sure for the rest of us neglected, confused
> Canadians, is a list of valid-authentic versions of Microsoft Money Canadian
> versions.  To my understanding, there is only one version for Canadians,
> Microsoft Money 2004; however I see versions on many websites that have
> 2005, 2006, 2007 even but no mention of them on the Microsoft Money webpage.
>
> Also, what are the differences from all these versions, in terms of features
> and options for Canadians---are they all the same but changes from version
> to version as the US edition changes?
>
> and lastly, is there a Canadian edition of Microsoft Money Plus? and what
> flavors does it come in (Essential, Deluxe, Premium ..etc)
>
> Cheers!

0
DougK (5)
3/24/2009 6:23:01 PM
I agree with both posters.  It is obvious that both Quicken & Microsoft have
given up on providing the home user with banking software.  I use the
Canadian version of Money 2003, when I upgraded to Money 2006 for Canada many
simple features were missing eg. the ability to change interest rates on
loans.  I immediately returned it for a refund.  However Microsoft has done
NOTHING for Canadian users since then.  Intuit (Quicken) is just as bad, as
Doug K says they have done away with the ability to switch to their product
unless you have a degree in software engineering.  I just hope that some
enterprising young Canadian out there reads these posts and writes a great
Canadian banking software package.  I don't know why our Canadian banks
haven't got together to develop a Canadian solution.  I started using Quicken
in 1996 when the Bank of Montreal gave it away to those of us who signed up
for "mbanx".  What will happen to online banking when all the software
becomes obsolete?

"DougK" wrote:

> I am another frustrated Money user.
> I have money 2003 us version, that is because it was all that was available
> here in canada.
> I was told that a cansdian version was on order and each time they got a
> couple in, they were gone before I could get there, after a couple of years I
> couldn't even find a mention of a canadian version, they apparently stopped
> with 2006, I am now looking at quicken but it apparently does not bring money
> files forward like both of them used to.
> Now you have to download a program to do this and it is apparently quite
> complicated, So Much for quicken and so much for microsoft., both seem to be
> going to the dogs,
> Any programmers out there, put a good canadian product out and email me.
> --
> DougK
>

> "Rami" wrote:
>
> > Hello,
> >
> > I'm having difficulty looking for information on the various version of
> > Microsoft Money Canadian edition (for users who live in Canada)
> > What I would like, and I'm sure for the rest of us neglected, confused
> > Canadians, is a list of valid-authentic versions of Microsoft Money Canadian
> > versions.  To my understanding, there is only one version for Canadians,
> > Microsoft Money 2004; however I see versions on many websites that have
> > 2005, 2006, 2007 even but no mention of them on the Microsoft Money webpage.
> >
> > Also, what are the differences from all these versions, in terms of features
> > and options for Canadians---are they all the same but changes from version
> > to version as the US edition changes?
> >
> > and lastly, is there a Canadian edition of Microsoft Money Plus? and what
> > flavors does it come in (Essential, Deluxe, Premium ..etc)
> >
> > Cheers!

0
kwbuggy (1)
3/24/2009 9:46:01 PM
I hope whoever you are appealing to wants to do it for fun because there's
ample evidence it's not something one does if one wants to actually make
money.

"DougK" <DougK@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
> Any programmers out there, put a good canadian product out and email me.

There's some open source and pay versions

MoneyDance    $30
Acemoney      $45  <- seems more documented, and more Money-like in
the way transactions work.

On Tue, 24 Mar 2009 14:46:01 -0700, kwbuggy
<kwbuggy@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote:

>I agree with both posters.  It is obvious that both Quicken & Microsoft have
>given up on providing the home user with banking software.  I use the
>Canadian version of Money 2003, when I upgraded to Money 2006 for Canada many
>simple features were missing eg. the ability to change interest rates on
>loans.  I immediately returned it for a refund.  However Microsoft has done
>NOTHING for Canadian users since then.  Intuit (Quicken) is just as bad, as
>Doug K says they have done away with the ability to switch to their product
>unless you have a degree in software engineering.  I just hope that some
>enterprising young Canadian out there reads these posts and writes a great
>Canadian banking software package.  I don't know why our Canadian banks
>haven't got together to develop a Canadian solution.  I started using Quicken
>in 1996 when the Bank of Montreal gave it away to those of us who signed up
>for "mbanx".  What will happen to online banking when all the software
>becomes obsolete?
>
>"DougK" wrote:
>
>> I am another frustrated Money user.
>> I have money 2003 us version, that is because it was all that was available
>> here in canada.
>> I was told that a cansdian version was on order and each time they got a
>> couple in, they were gone before I could get there, after a couple of years I
>> couldn't even find a mention of a canadian version, they apparently stopped
>> with 2006, I am now looking at quicken but it apparently does not bring money
>> files forward like both of them used to.
>> Now you have to download a program to do this and it is apparently quite
>> complicated, So Much for quicken and so much for microsoft., both seem to be
>> going to the dogs,
>> Any programmers out there, put a good canadian product out and email me.
>> --
>> DougK
>>

>> "Rami" wrote:
>>
>> > Hello,
>> >
>> > I'm having difficulty looking for information on the various version of
>> > Microsoft Money Canadian edition (for users who live in Canada)
>> > What I would like, and I'm sure for the rest of us neglected, confused
>> > Canadians, is a list of valid-authentic versions of Microsoft Money Canadian
>> > versions.  To my understanding, there is only one version for Canadians,
>> > Microsoft Money 2004; however I see versions on many websites that have
>> > 2005, 2006, 2007 even but no mention of them on the Microsoft Money webpage.
>> >
>> > Also, what are the differences from all these versions, in terms of features
>> > and options for Canadians---are they all the same but changes from version
>> > to version as the US edition changes?
>> >
>> > and lastly, is there a Canadian edition of Microsoft Money Plus? and what
>> > flavors does it come in (Essential, Deluxe, Premium ..etc)
>> >
>> > Cheers!

0
ajlisanti (32)
4/1/2009 11:10:59 AM
GnuCash is open source.

Grisbi seems to be getting traction in some parts of the world.

"Anthony Lisanti" <ajlisanti@optonline.net> wrote in message

> There's some open source and pay versions
>
> MoneyDance    $30
> Acemoney      $45  <- seems more documented, and more Money-like in
> the way transactions work.

Hi Doug,

I am another frustrated Canadian user.  I have been using MS Money since
1995 and have upgraded through the various versions.  I upgraded to Money
Standard 2005 when the version I owned would not accept downloads from my
bank; the file had changed or something like that.  So I went into
Futureshop and purchased what I have now.

I have been running MS Money 2005 on my old MS Windows XP Professional
system.  I just purchased a new Vista system with a 64 bit processor.  I
thought I had to upgrade Money but could not find it in Futureshop at all.
So I went on-line to Microsoft and found out what you already know, that
they only support US customers now.  So I installed my 2005 version on my
Vista machine.  It would not read the mny file.  I then noticed that my XP
version is 14.0.80.1105 and the one loaded from my CD on Vista is
14.0.80.728.  Apparently when I installed it on my XP machine it went out
and found the update.  My Vista machine recognizes that an update is
available but cannot get it.  MS does not support 2005 anymore???  So my
question is how can I get the incremental update from ...728 to ...1105?

Since my Vista machine would not read my mny file I had to export to qif
files.  It took a lot of work but I think I have identical files... I
think!!!

Since I was going through all this I looked at going to Quicken.  But they
clearly do not support my 64 bit operating system.

So I think I am stuck with an antique.  Do you or anybody else have a path
forward here?
Thanks,
Rick

In microsoft.public.money, Rick Urquhart wrote:

>Hi Doug,
>
>I am another frustrated Canadian user.  I have been using MS Money since
>1995 and have upgraded through the various versions.  I upgraded to Money
>Standard 2005 when the version I owned would not accept downloads from my
>bank; the file had changed or something like that.  So I went into
>Futureshop and purchased what I have now.
>
>I have been running MS Money 2005 on my old MS Windows XP Professional
>system.  I just purchased a new Vista system with a 64 bit processor.  I
>thought I had to upgrade Money but could not find it in Futureshop at all.
>So I went on-line to Microsoft and found out what you already know, that
>they only support US customers now.  So I installed my 2005 version on my
>Vista machine.  It would not read the mny file.  I then noticed that my XP
>version is 14.0.80.1105 and the one loaded from my CD on Vista is
>14.0.80.728.  Apparently when I installed it on my XP machine it went out
>and found the update.  My Vista machine recognizes that an update is
>available but cannot get it.  MS does not support 2005 anymore???  So my
>question is how can I get the incremental update from ...728 to ...1105?

Find the sample.mny file in your install folder.  That may be
"C:\Program Files\Microsoft Money 2005".  Copy sample.mny file to
your Documents folder in Vista.  Right-click the Money start icon
and select RunAsAdministrator.  Click File->Open and browse to that
sample.mny file.  Money 2005 will do an update.  Close Money.
Reboot the computer.  Then open Money and check that Help->About...
says you then have version 14.0.*.1105.

Make sure your .mny and .mbf files are in your Documents folder.
Then you should be able to File->Open or Restore your existing
files.

>Since my Vista machine would not read my mny file I had to export to qif
>files.  It took a lot of work but I think I have identical files... I
>think!!!
>
>Since I was going through all this I looked at going to Quicken.  But they
>clearly do not support my 64 bit operating system.
>
>So I think I am stuck with an antique.  Do you or anybody else have a path
>forward here?
>Thanks,
>Rick
>
>"DougK" <DougK@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
>>I am another frustrated Money user.
>> I have money 2003 us version, that is because it was all that was
>> available
>> here in canada.
>> I was told that a cansdian version was on order and each time they got a
>> couple in, they were gone before I could get there, after a couple of
>> years I
>> couldn't even find a mention of a canadian version, they apparently
>> stopped
>> with 2006, I am now looking at quicken but it apparently does not bring
>> money
>> files forward like both of them used to.
>> Now you have to download a program to do this and it is apparently quite
>> complicated, So Much for quicken and so much for microsoft., both seem to
>> be
>> going to the dogs,
>> Any programmers out there, put a good canadian product out and email me.
>> --
>> DougK
>>

>> "Rami" wrote:
>>
>>> Hello,
>>>
>>> I'm having difficulty looking for information on the various version of
>>> Microsoft Money Canadian edition (for users who live in Canada)
>>> What I would like, and I'm sure for the rest of us neglected, confused
>>> Canadians, is a list of valid-authentic versions of Microsoft Money
>>> Canadian
>>> versions.  To my understanding, there is only one version for Canadians,
>>> Microsoft Money 2004; however I see versions on many websites that have
>>> 2005, 2006, 2007 even but no mention of them on the Microsoft Money
>>> webpage.
>>>
>>> Also, what are the differences from all these versions, in terms of
>>> features
>>> and options for Canadians---are they all the same but changes from
>>> version
>>> to version as the US edition changes?
>>>
>>> and lastly, is there a Canadian edition of Microsoft Money Plus? and what
>>> flavors does it come in (Essential, Deluxe, Premium ..etc)
>>>
>>> Cheers!

0
via_newsgroup (13114)
4/7/2009 3:08:15 AM
You at least have a canadian money program.
I started out with quicken, but went to money as I prefered the layout, I
had to settle for an american version as I have had no luck getting a
canadian money one.
D you know anyone who has a canadian money program for sale.
--
DougK

"Cal Learner-- MVP" wrote:

> [...]
> >> I have money 2003 us version, that is because it was all that was
> >> available
> >> here in canada.
> >> I was told that a cansdian version was on order and each time they got a
> >> couple in, they were gone before I could get there, after a couple of
> >> years I
> >> couldn't even find a mention of a canadian version, they apparently
> >> stopped
> >> with 2006, I am now looking at quicken but it apparently does not bring
> >> money
> >> files forward like both of them used to.
> >> Now you have to download a program to do this and it is apparently quite
> >> complicated, So Much for quicken and so much for microsoft., both seem to
> >> be
> >> going to the dogs,
> >> Any programmers out there, put a good canadian product out and email me.

0
DougK (5)
4/8/2009 8:29:15 PM
In microsoft.public.money, DougK wrote:

>You at least have a canadian money program.
>I started out with quicken, but went to money as I prefered the layout, I
>had to settle for an american version as I have had no luck getting a
>canadian money one.
>D you know anyone who has a canadian money program for sale.

Microsoft Money Plus Deluxe works for Canada. It does some things
differently based on the regional settings. It just isn't sold in
Canada.  :-(
0
via_newsgroup (13114)
4/8/2009 9:19:00 PM
OK, it took a few months but I finally figured it out.  Now I have another
question.  I have file one work1998.mny not working in Vista and updated to
the current Money version.  It contains records up until about 2009 January
20 and contains all the history I want to keep.  Since I ran into this
problem I had been working with another file money.mny that I created from
qif files at that time.  I know I did not set these files up manually as in
work1998.mny because the summaries are different.  But the records since
January are complete and all accounts do balance with the various bank
accounts.  So I would like to go back to work1998.mny and import just the
new records.  I think if I export mony.mny from all accounts and import them
into work1998.mny I will get duplicate records to day one.  So would the
procedure be to export all records to csv files and then just delete the old
records before the January date?  I am looking for an easy solution but do
not see it.  Any help would be appreciated.  Thanks.
> [...]

>question.  I have file one work1998.mny not working in Vista and updated to
>the current Money version.  It contains records up until about 2009 January
>20 and contains all the history I want to keep.  Since I ran into this
>problem I had been working with another file money.mny that I created from
>qif files at that time.  I know I did not set these files up manually as in
>work1998.mny because the summaries are different.  But the records since
>January are complete and all accounts do balance with the various bank
>accounts.  So I would like to go back to work1998.mny and import just the
>new records.  I think if I export mony.mny from all accounts and import them
>into work1998.mny I will get duplicate records to day one.  So would the
>procedure be to export all records to csv files and then just delete the old

That's close. You would File ->Export each account to a QIF (not
csv) file. Then, with a simple text editor, such as Notepad, you
would delete the overlapping records. Expect the records to be in
date order.

Then File->Import (as recovered accounts) *all* of the modified QIF
files at once into a copy of work1998.mny that is to become the new
total file. The File->Import process involves selecting multiple
*.qif files using Ctrl+<click>. By bringing them in all at once,
Money should be able to resolve transfers.

>  I am looking for an easy solution but do
>not see it.  Any help would be appreciated.  Thanks.
0
via_newsgroup (13114)
5/31/2009 11:04:27 PM
If this is the case and Money Delux does the same thing why Quicken warns
Canadian customers to obtain canadian version of the Money product before
converting to Quicken 2010? (-:
Regards,
Hanna

"Cal Learner-- MVP" wrote:

> In microsoft.public.money, DougK wrote:
>
> >You at least have a canadian money program.
> >I started out with quicken, but went to money as I prefered the layout, I
> >had to settle for an american version as I have had no luck getting a
> >canadian money one.
> >D you know anyone who has a canadian money program for sale.
>
> Microsoft Money Plus Deluxe works for Canada. It does some things
> differently based on the regional settings. It just isn't sold in
> Canada.  :-(

0
Hanna (2)
2/13/2010 2:21:01 AM
In microsoft.public.money, Hanna wrote:

>If this is the case and Money Delux does the same thing why Quicken warns
>Canadian customers to obtain canadian version of the Money product before
>converting to Quicken 2010? (-:

Can you identify where Quicken makes that warning/statement?

>Regards,
>Hanna
>

>"Cal Learner-- MVP" wrote:
>
>> In microsoft.public.money, DougK wrote:
>>
>> >You at least have a canadian money program.
>> >I started out with quicken, but went to money as I prefered the layout, I
>> >had to settle for an american version as I have had no luck getting a
>> >canadian money one.
>> >D you know anyone who has a canadian money program for sale.
>>
>> Microsoft Money Plus Deluxe works for Canada. It does some things
>> differently based on the regional settings. It just isn't sold in
>> Canada.  :-(

0
via_newsgroup (13114)

Money and Windows Mobile 5.0 Devices
I've got a new Windows Mobile 5.0 device and have found that the PPC Money client for Money 2005 will not sync to it. From http://www.microsoft.com/money/MoneyForHandHeldDevices.mspx it appears Money 2004-6 will not sync but it doesn't mention anything about Money 2007...but I can't find a Windows Mobile Client for 2007. Is there anyway to get any version of Money to sync to a Windows Mobile 5.0 device? Thanks, Don Not at present, except by using third party software such as SPB Finance/ -- Glyn Simpson, Microsoft MVP - Money http://money.mvps.org See http://money.mvps.or...

Money Plus not Updating Quotes

Access 2007 and Vista code problem

Word 2004 overriding global prefs
Okay.. PMG5 running 10.4.6. I have a problem with the default page setup settings in two limited user accounts (my own, admin account, is fine). As I am in the UK, the global default paper size is set to A4. All applications respect this - bar Word. Every time it's fired up, and a new document selected, the paper size is always US Letter. This does NOT affect any other Office application. I have tried trashing prefs - I've even removed (using the supplied removal tool) and reinstalled Office. My mother uses Word extensively as she works at home a good deal. She wouldn't ...

Changing font in Money 2004 register?

Canadian Mergers 2003

Microsoft Exchange Server

Publisher 2007 frequently crashes

Add PowerPoint 2007 to Office Basic

opening a .docx with word 2004

Outlook 2007 Calendar -> Outlook 2003

compact database in VBA access 2007

Visual C++ 2005 always rebuilds
I have an MFC DLL project that I recently moved over to Visual Studio 2005. However now the project always rebuilds entirely whenever I start debugging. Even if I have only made a simple change to one file. Any help would be greatly appreciated. Thanks Colin Check the date on your source files to make sure that they are not in the future. AliR. "Colin J Paterson" <nospam@thanks.com> wrote in message news:ObtLxgTbGHA.1196@TK2MSFTNGP03.phx.gbl... > I have an MFC DLL project that I recently moved over to Visual Studio 2005. > However now the project always rebuild...

Money 2004 Debt Planner #2

creating a backup on 2002 for Money 98

MS Access 2007 code not running