Merging accounts

Maybe I haven't done enough digging into Money (Basic 2003), but I can't
seem to find out how to merge two separate money accounts into one file.
  My fiancee and I will be bringing our two accounts together next year
when we get married, and we would both like to retain access to our old
accounts, as well as carry over our account histories for student loan
payments we've made so far.  Ideally, I suppose we'll keep the student
loan accounts, close both of our checking accounts and bring the
balances forward into our joint checking account.

Is this a feature of the Deluxe version?

Thanks,
Kenneth

money 28651 articles. 7 followers. Follow

You can use the export/import in QIF feature. Lets be chauvinist and assume
that your fianc�e is the one who is giving up her Money File, then you need
to export the relevant Account(s) and import into your file.
If she has any transfers between her accounts then you must import all the
accounts together. Use CTRL + click to select when asked which file to
import.

--
Regards
Bob Peel,

 Hints/Tips
      http://support.microsoft.com/default.aspx?scid=fh;EN-GB;mny
 UK Wishes/Suggestions
      mnyukwsh@microsoft.com

"Kenneth Pardue" <kenneth@NOSPAMpardue.com> wrote in message
> Maybe I haven't done enough digging into Money (Basic 2003), but I can't
> seem to find out how to merge two separate money accounts into one file.
>   My fiancee and I will be bringing our two accounts together next year
> when we get married, and we would both like to retain access to our old
> accounts, as well as carry over our account histories for student loan
> payments we've made so far.  Ideally, I suppose we'll keep the student
> loan accounts, close both of our checking accounts and bring the
> balances forward into our joint checking account.
>
> Is this a feature of the Deluxe version?
>
> Thanks,
> Kenneth

0
Bob_Peel (292)
9/26/2003 5:24:56 PM
Bob Peel, MVP wrote:
> You can use the export/import in QIF feature. Lets be chauvinist and assume
> that your fianc�e is the one who is giving up her Money File, then you need
> to export the relevant Account(s) and import into your file.
> If she has any transfers between her accounts then you must import all the
> accounts together. Use CTRL + click to select when asked which file to
> import.

Exactly what I needed to know.  Many thanks.

Kenneth

It's not a feature of any version.

Well, first, Money accounts and Money files are not synonymous, though you
seem to be using them synonymously. Here's the FAQ on merging files:
http://www.bollar.org/msmoney/#Q90.

Loan accounts, however, will be hard as they don't QIF export/import. Maybe
you should recreate them and tell money payments have already been made. You
could keep the history in you legacy files. The only real solution involves
re-entering lots of historic data.

"Kenneth Pardue" <kenneth@NOSPAMpardue.com> wrote in message
> Maybe I haven't done enough digging into Money (Basic 2003), but I can't
> seem to find out how to merge two separate money accounts into one file.
>   My fiancee and I will be bringing our two accounts together next year
> when we get married, and we would both like to retain access to our old
> accounts, as well as carry over our account histories for student loan
> payments we've made so far.  Ideally, I suppose we'll keep the student
> loan accounts, close both of our checking accounts and bring the
> balances forward into our joint checking account.
>
> Is this a feature of the Deluxe version?

Changing owners of accounts
Hi all I was wondering if anyone has had problems changing the ownership of Accounts. It appears to have something to do with closed activities - not all - just some. I am still investigating with the client the conditions when this happens but there appears to be no common thread. Is this a known bug ??? BTW - This system is a CRM3 to CRM4 upgrade. Pete Have the users your moving information from been deleted from Exchange? ...

How MS-CRM meet this requirement. (account entity)
Hi, We sale different type products to our customers, e.g. "HP" "IBM" "Mcrosoft" "Cisco" We need to send bulk mail to customers who grouped by product type. The problem is one customer may belone to 2 or 3 or only 1 Product-Type group, and we may add more product type than above. How to describe this kind of relationship in MS-CRM? We used to be able to describe it in Siebel before. But in Siebel to MSCRM migration documents, it didn't mention about this part. Is there anybody know something about it in MS-CRM? version 1.0 or 1.2? ...

email only account
How can I create an account that is for email only? Thanks Byron Where are my manners. Sorry, this is Exchange 2003 on a Windows 2003 server. AD is in mixed mode as is Exchange. Byron "Byron Kendrick" <bkendrick@austincollege.edu> wrote in message news:%23eYy%23Yk$EHA.2444@TK2MSFTNGP10.phx.gbl... > How can I create an account that is for email only? > > Thanks > Byron > Well it depends on what you mean by email only. If you mean an entry in your Global Address list so your users can send email to him/her/them. Then you create a Contact in your AD. ...

hotmail account error message in windows live mail
connection to server problem for hotmail account.Error message 800cccoe in windows live mail.Please help.Have tried changing server settings nothings worked.Has been working for months until recently And those server settings that were changed would be ??? -- ...winston ms-mvp mail "Doogle64" <Doogle64@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:827CCD6F-73F2-4E25-A1CB-D7E95F56C042@microsoft.com... > connection to server problem for hotmail account.Error message 800cccoe in > windows live mail.Please help.Have tried changing server settings no...

how can i open a new account in outlook deos cost any charch
how can i open a new account with microsoft office outlook,does cost any charch to open this new account,thanx TB,also if yes, please telme how because the SMTP AND POP3 does not working good, Outlook does not issue accounts. Your Internet Provider does that. Outlook is just the means to retrieve your email. Ask for help from your provider and get the correct server settings from them. Remember, you cannot use Outlook for web based mail like free Hotmail and Yahoo. Use your browser for that kind of mail. "Tomas" wrote: > how can i open a new account with microsoft office ...

pop3 account want to access GAL
Hi, I'm trying to set up a Post Office Protocol 3 (POP3) client to see the company Global Address List (GAL). I need help to configure that in Exchange 2003, how can perform it?? Cheers and thanks, Haydar You don't. The best that a POP3 client can do is to install an LDAP Server as an Address Book and perform queries that way. POP3 clients don't get the GAL in the same way that regular Outlook MAPI clients can. -- Ben Winzenz Exchange MVP MessageOne Read my blog! http://winzenz.blogspot.com http://feeds.feedburner.com/winzenz (RSS Feed) "Haydar" <Haydar@di...

Account contracts
We have found an issue with contracts related to sub-accounts in V3.0 - we can't get the contracts for the sub-accounts to display in the Contracts tab even if Include Related Records is checked - it only ever shows the contracts for the parent account... Is this a known issue and is there a workaround? thanks, Simon Any ideas? "Anonymous Poster" <anon@microsoft.com> wrote in message news:%23FHRgdDSGHA.196@TK2MSFTNGP10.phx.gbl... > We have found an issue with contracts related to sub-accounts in V3.0 - we > can't get the contracts for the sub-accounts...

Importing from Excel to Publisher mail merge
I have Office 2007 and I imported from Excell to Publisher one time. Now the Publisher refuses to recognize any file except the first one I used and it gives me the message that it is not a legal file and I should check location, size of file name, etc. How do I get that file name out of the system and start a new mail merge. By the way, I have rebooted twice, changed file names within excel, change from worksheet, to Excell 2003, to several other options and I still return to the original file name when I try to import Thanks -- ken Can you click "cancel merge" in the tools ...

Cannot Send Email's on New Account
I am adding another email account to my Outlook XP. Outlook can see bot the outgoing and incoming email servers, but refuses to send the email I get an error saying that something is wrong with my SSL or port, bu it is set on default. And on another computer at work the same exac settings work. I went to more options and put the option to log ont the smtp server before sending a message, because thats how i have i set up at work and it still does no comply. I have tried almost ever account option i can find, so i am thinking it must be something abou my own internet connection or IP that is n...

E-mail mail merge #2
I have about 300 e-mail addresses in a column in Excel. Is there a way to send one e-mail to all these people at one time? Pepper Use a mail merge starting from Outlook and use the Excel spreadsheet as = your data source. --=81 Milly Staples [MVP - Outlook] Post all replies to the group to keep the discussion intact. How to ask a question: http://support.microsoft.com/KB/555375 After furious head scratching, Pepper asked: | I have about 300 e-mail addresses in a column in Excel. | Is there a way to send one e-mail to all these people at one time? |=20 | Pepper 1 message with 300 recipi...

New User: Transfers between Accounts
After getting fed up with Quicken not being able to download the correct information from my Schwab account I downloaded the trial version of Money today. I must say that so far it is much easier to use with Quicken but I have a couple of issues: 1. Is there a way to set-up a category that is not income or expense but rather a transfer to Investment Account or transfer to Checking, etc? When I view reports it is thrown off by these types of transfers. 2. Is there a way to change asset allocation categories to included International equities, etc.? Thanks In microsoft.public.money, ...

Accounts Payable/Rcvable template
Hello, I am trying to find an accounts payable/rcvable template for Access 2003. I currently have an excel based system that requires me to do multiple entries and I would like to avoid that by using an access db. Any sample db's would be helpful so that I don't have to re-invent the wheel. Thanks! HJ ...

How to print a mail merge with a 2 page template?
I'm trying to print my Mail Merge in Publisher. The Template is 2 pages. It tells me that I can not print a 2 page document in Mail Merge. However, I can not delete page 2 or figure out a way to have the Mail Merge only pull in the first page. If anyone has any solutions on this I would really appreciate it. The Mail Merge only needs to print on page 1. Page 2 is just the backside of the Postcard that I'm creating. Thanks Are you using a template? Have you setup your page as a postcard? Can you select "current page" in the print dialogue? You can copy/paste the...

Multiple Catalog Merge Area ?
Hi All, Can anyone tell me if it is possible to have more than one catalog merge area in a catalog merge document/template? I want to produce a wine list grouped by type (e.g. 'red', 'white' etc) and have a field in the datasource for this purpose. Howvere, once I have filtered for 'red' I cant see how it's possible to get the other groups on there. Much appreciated, Keith ...

Permissions for new account
I recently have this request from a developer lead: ============================================================ we need another account that we could give to the Analysts so that they would not be able to change the table definition, keys, indexes, and triggers, but could still create stored procs and functions, etc. we need another account that we could give to the Analysts so that they would not be able to change the table definition, keys, indexes, and triggers, but could still create stored procs and functions, etc. ==========================================================...

Deleting an account on MSN Money
I'm using MS Money Premium 2005. It has synchronized all my accounts to MSN. It has synchronized my employee stock option account, but the account value is all messed up. It's much higher than it really is. Is there a way to fix this? If not, I want to know that if I delete the account on MSN (though the account delete feature), will it affect the account I have on my PC. Another way to ask this question is can I control the accounts that Money 2005 syncs with MSN Money? -Shah ...

Liability Account Balance is Wrong
I have a strange problem. I have created a Liability account (Add a New Account, select Other, select Liability, select Track transactions and other details. The liability is a court judgement, so there is no interest charged. I made sure it is set to 0% interest. I entered the starting balance and entered the 3 payments I've made since it started. The problem is, when I enter a payment, the balance in the Balance column increases by that payment amount. The "You Owe" amount at the bottom is correct, but the balance is wrong. An example... Starting balance: $100 ...

Changing ID login for Investment Accounts
I had to change my user ID for my investment accounts. I changed the ID on their website. I need to change the user ID in my MS Money Deluxe but I can not find where to do that. I can find where to change the password for the accounts. I didn't change the password I changed the user ID. Where do I find that? I wont be able to update these accounts until I do. Thanks!!! In microsoft.public.money, Goldlexus wrote: >I had to change my user ID for my investment accounts. I >changed the ID on their website. I need to change the user ID >in my MS Money Deluxe but I can not find whe...

Setting up two accounts
I want to setup two accounts but also want separate outlook folders so one person can download there files without being mixed into the others account. I am running win2K and outlook 2003. paladin61@comcast.net wrote: > I want to setup two accounts but also want separate > outlook folders so one person can download there files > without being mixed into the others account. I am running > win2K and outlook 2003. Then set up two diferent Windows users. Each one will have their own set of Outlook files. "Gordon" <gordonbp1@yahoo.invalid> wrote in message ...

Login change then lost outlook accounts
When I change a login on Win2000 or XP from one domain to another with same username I loose all of my outlook(imo) info. When I reload the PST I still have to create the accounts all over again. Is there a way to save the account info so it isnt lost when login changes? I understand it could be a security issue, but in our case it is more of a nuisance. regards cn Help, I did the same thing but I removed a user that had alot of e-mails that I need. now they are gone. How can I get them back???? Thanks "News-MS" wrote: > When I change a login on Win2000 or XP from one d...

Can't relate Accounts with its Contacts in CDF
After winning a few battles, my migration came to a full stop again. The problem I find now is that I can migrate Contacts and Accounts, but they are not related. I just don't know what else to try in the PrimaryContactIDName (for accounts) and AccountIDName (for contacts) fields. I thought I had to put there the integer that was in the ContactID or AccountID in the CDF, but it gave me no results. If it makes a point, I'm starting the DB from scracht, and after importing this, I need to import lots of contracts so using the bulk import tools it is not an option. Please HELP! Have y...

Automatic transfer to Savings account not showing in budget
Another question.... I have an automatic transfer from checking into savings set up in Scheduled Bills. The amount does not show in my budget under actual. Is there a way to show the deposit as a spend so that it will show up in my budget? Again, any help is appreciated. Change the savings account details settings to remove the account from your budget. Then these transfers will show up as transfers out of budget accounts. I wouldn't do that either: Budget Planner is really intended to tell you whether you are getting richer or poorer with time--is money flowing out faster than ...

sub-account 01-30-07
Hi guys Is there a way to hide sub-account from left nev pan ? Please what is the JavaScript code that i should add in on load event Regards Hi You need to try something like /********************************************************************/ /* HIDE SUB ACCOUNTS ON ACCOUNT /********************************************************************/ var navSubAcc_elem = document.getElementById("navSubAct"); if (navSubAcc_elem) { navSubAcc_elem.style.display = 'none'; } /********************************************************************/ /* END HIDE ACTIVITIES HISTO...

Dividends Not Always Reflected In Cash Account
Using Money 2004 Deluxe, I download transactions from a broker and find that not all cash dividends are automatically reflected in the cash account. What might cause this? Is there some setting that I should change? Different brokers account for cash differently, some treat it as purchases of a money market fund and others as cash. Which broker are you referring to? -- Michael Gordon MVP <anonymous@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:3c7501c4ab35$09354940$a301280a@phx.gbl... > Using Money 2004 Deluxe, I download transactions from a > broker and find that not...

Updating List of Accounts #2
Hi, I have a list of accounts that update daily. I need to pull a random sample of 25 accounts on a Monday, then pull that same sample on a Friday, from Fridays list (to see if there are any updates on those accounts). So for example, if on Monday (out of about 10k accounts): ACCT BALANCE 111 $555 222 $777 333 $999 Then on Friday, I want to filter out Friday's list to see those same accounts to see if the balances changed. Can you tell me if there is a custome filter function, formaula, macro that will allow me to update it automatically? Thank you! Kate ...