memo field of OFX file not displayed in MS Money Essentials

I'm trying to figure out where all my money is going each month, so I
downloaded an OFX file from myonline banking account, then imported it
into the trial version of MS Money Essentials.  Money assigned
categories to each transaction and they are all completely wrong, so
I've had to start reassigning them manually.  It would make my life
much easier if Money displayed the memo field so I could see
"McDonalds" vs. having to go back to the online account and see what
the transaction on this date for that amount was for.  It's going to
take forever to match them that way.  I have not been able to find a
way to get Money Essentials to display the memo field that exists in
the OFX file.

Thanks!

0
rrothberg (31)
8/12/2007 5:23:33 PM
money 28651 articles. 7 followers. Follow

That is one of the joys (limitations) of Essentials. In other words you
can't.

Essentials is a severely restricted program and an Excel spreadsheet
probably has more functionality.

--
Regards
Bob Peel,

For UK tips & fixes see

"robr" <rrothberg@gmail.com> wrote in message
> I'm trying to figure out where all my money is going each month, so I
> downloaded an OFX file from myonline banking account, then imported it
> into the trial version of MS Money Essentials.  Money assigned
> categories to each transaction and they are all completely wrong, so
> I've had to start reassigning them manually.  It would make my life
> much easier if Money displayed the memo field so I could see
> "McDonalds" vs. having to go back to the online account and see what
> the transaction on this date for that amount was for.  It's going to
> take forever to match them that way.  I have not been able to find a
> way to get Money Essentials to display the memo field that exists in
> the OFX file.
>
> Thanks!

0
bob_peel2056 (736)
8/12/2007 5:29:24 PM
On Aug 12, 1:29 pm, "Bob Peel, MVP"
<bob_p...@kiandra.freeserve.co.uk.INVALID> wrote:
> That is one of the joys (limitations) of Essentials. In other words you
> can't.
>
> Essentials is a severely restricted program and an Excel spreadsheet
> probably has more functionality.
>
> --
> Regards
> Bob Peel,
> Microsoft MVP - Money
>
> For UK tips & fixes seehttp://support.microsoft.com/default.aspx?scid=fh;EN-GB;mny.
>
> I do not respond to any emails that I have not specifically asked for.
>
> "robr" <rrothb...@gmail.com> wrote in message

> > I'm trying to figure out where all my money is going each month, so I
> > downloaded an OFX file from myonline banking account, then imported it
> > into the trial version of MS Money Essentials.  Money assigned
> > categories to each transaction and they are all completely wrong, so
> > I've had to start reassigning them manually.  It would make my life
> > much easier if Money displayed the memo field so I could see
> > "McDonalds" vs. having to go back to the online account and see what
> > the transaction on this date for that amount was for.  It's going to
> > take forever to match them that way.  I have not been able to find a
> > way to get Money Essentials to display the memo field that exists in
> > the OFX file.
>
> > Thanks!

Ah OK, the marketing materials led me to believe that if I just wanted
to manage online banking and not investments, Essentials was the best
choice.  I'll just grab a demo of one a more robust version of Money.
Thanks.

0
rrothberg (31)
8/12/2007 5:39:25 PM
You might want to consider Money Plus aka M2008. Now available for download
or from Amazon towards the end of the month.

--

> On Aug 12, 1:29 pm, "Bob Peel, MVP"
> <bob_p...@kiandra.freeserve.co.uk.INVALID> wrote:
>> That is one of the joys (limitations) of Essentials. In other words you
>> can't.
>>
>> Essentials is a severely restricted program and an Excel spreadsheet
>> probably has more functionality.
>>
>> --
>> Regards
>> Bob Peel,
>> Microsoft MVP - Money
>>
>> For UK tips & fixes
>> seehttp://support.microsoft.com/default.aspx?scid=fh;EN-GB;mny.
>>
>> I do not respond to any emails that I have not specifically asked for.
>>
>> "robr" <rrothb...@gmail.com> wrote in message

>> > I'm trying to figure out where all my money is going each month, so I
>> > downloaded an OFX file from myonline banking account, then imported it
>> > into the trial version of MS Money Essentials.  Money assigned
>> > categories to each transaction and they are all completely wrong, so
>> > I've had to start reassigning them manually.  It would make my life
>> > much easier if Money displayed the memo field so I could see
>> > "McDonalds" vs. having to go back to the online account and see what
>> > the transaction on this date for that amount was for.  It's going to
>> > take forever to match them that way.  I have not been able to find a
>> > way to get Money Essentials to display the memo field that exists in
>> > the OFX file.
>>
>> > Thanks!
>
> Ah OK, the marketing materials led me to believe that if I just wanted
> to manage online banking and not investments, Essentials was the best
> choice.  I'll just grab a demo of one a more robust version of Money.
> Thanks.

0
bob_peel2056 (736)
8/13/2007 6:33:50 AM
I went with the Money Plus Deluxe trial (not sure if this is "2008")
http://www.microsoft.com/money/ProductDetails.aspx?pid=003

but it does now show the memo field, so good enough for my purposes.
Thanks again.

On Aug 13, 2:33 am, "Bob Peel, MVP"
<bob_p...@kiandra.freeserve.co.uk.INVALID> wrote:
> You might want to consider Money Plus aka M2008. Now available for download
> or from Amazon towards the end of the month.
>
> --
> Regards
> Bob Peel,
> Microsoft MVP - Money
>
> For UK tips & fixes seehttp://support.microsoft.com/default.aspx?scid=fh;EN-GB;mny.
>
> I do not respond to any emails that I have not specifically asked for.
>
> "robr" <rrothb...@gmail.com> wrote in message

> > On Aug 12, 1:29 pm, "Bob Peel, MVP"
> > <bob_p...@kiandra.freeserve.co.uk.INVALID> wrote:
> >> That is one of the joys (limitations) of Essentials. In other words you
> >> can't.
>
> >> Essentials is a severely restricted program and an Excel spreadsheet
> >> probably has more functionality.
>
> >> --
> >> Regards
> >> Bob Peel,
> >> Microsoft MVP - Money
>
> >> For UK tips & fixes
> >> seehttp://support.microsoft.com/default.aspx?scid=fh;EN-GB;mny.
>
> >> I do not respond to any emails that I have not specifically asked for.
>
> >> "robr" <rrothb...@gmail.com> wrote in message

> > Ah OK, the marketing materials led me to believe that if I just wanted
> > to manage online banking and not investments, Essentials was the best
> > choice.  I'll just grab a demo of one a more robust version of Money.
> > Thanks.

0
rrothberg (31)
8/13/2007 1:43:41 PM
Well... I am using Money Plus Personal + Small Business and it does NOT have
the memo field available for accounts that have online sync. I have
Mastercard account with AAdvantabge brand on it and that is the account that
does not offer the chance to add memos to transactions downloaded from the
banking online feature.

Any clue why??!!

Thx,

"robr" wrote:

> I went with the Money Plus Deluxe trial (not sure if this is "2008")
> http://www.microsoft.com/money/ProductDetails.aspx?pid=003
>
> but it does now show the memo field, so good enough for my purposes.
> Thanks again.
>
> On Aug 13, 2:33 am, "Bob Peel, MVP"
> <bob_p...@kiandra.freeserve.co.uk.INVALID> wrote:
> > You might want to consider Money Plus aka M2008. Now available for download
> > or from Amazon towards the end of the month.
> >
> > --
> > Regards
> > Bob Peel,
> > Microsoft MVP - Money
> >
> > For UK tips & fixes seehttp://support.microsoft.com/default.aspx?scid=fh;EN-GB;mny.
> >
> > I do not respond to any emails that I have not specifically asked for.
> >
> > "robr" <rrothb...@gmail.com> wrote in message

> > > Ah OK, the marketing materials led me to believe that if I just wanted
> > > to manage online banking and not investments, Essentials was the best
> > > choice.  I'll just grab a demo of one a more robust version of Money.
> > > Thanks.

0
edusabrz (4)
11/5/2007 4:50:47 PM
In microsoft.public.money, edusabrz wrote:

>Well... I am using Money Plus Personal + Small Business and it does NOT have
>the memo field available for accounts that have online sync. I have
>Mastercard account with AAdvantabge brand on it and that is the account that
>does not offer the chance to add memos to transactions downloaded from the
>banking online feature.
>
>Any clue why??!!

See if things improve if you select
Tools->Settings->AccountSettings(global)->DisplayAllAccountsInTheAdvancedRegister

Also, try Ctrl+T while viewing the account register.
0
via_newsgroup (13114)
11/5/2007 6:06:54 PM
Nice, it made it! Thx a bunch! :)

"Cal Learner-- MVP" wrote:

> In microsoft.public.money, edusabrz wrote:
>
> >Well... I am using Money Plus Personal + Small Business and it does NOT have
> >the memo field available for accounts that have online sync. I have
> >Mastercard account with AAdvantabge brand on it and that is the account that
> >does not offer the chance to add memos to transactions downloaded from the
> >banking online feature.
> >
> >Any clue why??!!
>
> See if things improve if you select
> Tools->Settings->AccountSettings(global)->DisplayAllAccountsInTheAdvancedRegister
>
> Also, try Ctrl+T while viewing the account register.

0
edusabrz (4)

Inserting photos in the MS Exel
Hello, I almoast complete my application that includes inserting photos in the document. Som photos happens to be large that makes Excel file too fat and Excel eventualy copaps. Below is rutine I use to insert photo. I wonder if there may be any modifications that insereted photo will be reduced to 200 dpi when inserted. This is possible when photo is inserted manualy. I do not know how to make this automatically... I mean in the code. Another solution may be to check size of phto that is about to be inserted and to denay users to insrert larger photos than 150 Kb?? Any help is much...

Why Money
Can anyone give me a good pitch on why I should use MS Money for my small business. I was wondering about quicken or paying out for Quickbooks but Microsoft money seemed like a good option also. I am not so full of business that my accounts are so aloof, but I do want a good program. So if MS Money is a good choice than which one should I get?? Thanks. Small Business Edition-I'm assuming you're in the US? "CWatters" <colin.watters@pandora.be> wrote in message news:7JMRa.17810$F92.1668@afrodite.telenet-ops.be... > > "misslemike" <misslemike@msn....

History/Activity-NTEXT Field
Ok, here's the deal, and lets see if it get broken here when I past it in, haha. 1. Try to view cirtain customer's history and get sql error (soap exception, you know the one that really doesn't tell you anything). 2. Look at customer's "History" by using advanced find to find all the activities. 3. Notice that one of the activities has it's 5000 character NTEXT Field filled with what appears to be a "copy/paste" from an outlook e-mail, to which I can open just fine. 4. out of sheer desperation of trying to figure out what the problem is, I wen...

IS there a way to compare 2 excel files
I like to be able to compare 2 excel files to see how different they are.Is there such a thing? Hi Now imagine how totally different two excel files can possibly be. The report would say ... ? But if you have two pretty similar sheets, try Myrna Larson and Bill Manville's "Compare", downloadable from http://www.cpearson.com/excel/download.htm HTH. Best wishes Harald "PeterM" <pmaston@comcast.net> skrev i melding news:%23BAzyBkOFHA.3940@TK2MSFTNGP12.phx.gbl... > I like to be able to compare 2 excel files to see how different they are.Is > there such a ...

Corupt excel file ???
I have a excel file that seems to want to open, but then when it is done opening, There is no data or blank sheet. It goes though the possess and say's at the bottom ready opening but then there is nothing and the screen look's like I just opened Excel but no spread sheet. I then can go to file open another sheet and it works. (Not the one I wont) any body help. of coarse we don�t have a backup??? Email: bhogan@emediaofli.com --- Message posted from http://www.ExcelForum.com/ First, check to see if the file is actually loaded. Click on Window and see if it appears at the bottom o...

File Handle not being released with FileInfo.LastWriteTime
From an ASPX page I am trying to access the System.IO.FileInfo.LastWriteTime property of a file on the web site. The problem I have is that image file types; e/g/ gif, bmp etc; are not being released from the FileInfo object. If I access a page that reads the LastWriteTime of an image file; I cannot then update the file on the web server, until the app pool recycles. The same is not true for the text files; e.g. css, js; the FileInfo object is releasing these files. I have tried the garbage collector against the FileInfo object instance; but this did not work. Using t...

Unable to open .xls file
Hello- I have Windows XP Home edition on my computer and I received an email with some info that is an .xls extensoin. I have Windows Worksheet and wanted to know how, if I could, look at this file? I also receive info with >pps (powerpoint) and am unable to open these files also. ANy suggestions? Thanx, -- Michie You may not have MSOffice. It's not part of Windows. It's a separate suite of applications. But MS does make a viewer for excel: http://office.microsoft.com/downloads/2000/xlviewer.aspx and one for powerpoint: http://www.microsoft.com/downloads/details.aspx?Fa...

Import Excel Data from another workbook or file
Is there a way to import or export Excel Data between 2 different workbooks? E.G. Import from "File A" 'Sheet1' Column A, Row2 to "File B" 'Sheet1' Column A, Row 2. What I'd like to do ultimately is import data from 5 excel files into one. tamato43 wrote: || Is there a way to import or export Excel Data between 2 different || workbooks? || || E.G. Import from "File A" 'Sheet1' Column A, Row2 to "File B" || 'Sheet1' Column A, Row 2. || || What I'd like to do ultimately is import data from 5 excel files || in...

empty pivot table fields
How can I force a pivot table to, for example, say that there were no accidents in week 2. At present it says 3 in week 1 then jumps to 2 in week 3. I want week 2 =0 for charting purposes. -thanks Right-click on the Weeks field button. Select Field Settings Add a check mark to 'Show items with no data' Click OK bobf wrote: > How can I force a pivot table to, for example, say that there were no > accidents in week 2. At present it says 3 in week 1 then jumps to 2 in week > 3. I want week 2 =0 for charting purposes. -thanks -- Debra Dalgleish Excel FAQ, Tips & Book...

OL 2000 .pst file moving to new computer
I am trying to export a OL 2000 .pst file running under Windows XP with SP 1. I want to export or save the file so I can open it up on my other computer using Outlook 2000 under Windows 98. When opening the outlook.pst file on the computer with Windows 98 I received the following message - "File access is denied; You do not have the permission required to access the file C:\WINDOWS\Local Settings\Application Data\Microsoft\Outlook outlook.pst." I had exported that outlook.pst file to a CD and then copied it into WINDOWS\Local Settings\Application Data\Microsoft\Outlook ...

formatting of txt file
Hi, Can anybody can help me in in formatting the below data for me The below data is coming in a txt file and i need the data in a excel file However when i put in excel i am not getting any structured form I need the Reference mentioned against the numeric value in the separate column as heading and the data below should come below the heading. I have tried, but i have to a lot of manual edit after formatting. 1.Emplyoee name bsdcbasdb hbvabfvas 2.Date 12-12-09 3.Address Dettails 12/2 main street City - bvauisdbc Pin code- 1100154 4. Department snbvsivnsvn oihbvis...

File Menu button is now an icon
I succeeded in changing File Menu to the Excel Icon and have no idea how I did it or how to get it back. The result is that a left click on that icon will bring up the Restore Menu and a right click will bring up a seriously abbreviated File menu. Two commands I use quite a bit are Set Print Area and Clear Print Area and neither are present on this abbreviated menu. Help! It sounds like you're still using xl2003 or below (not xl2007 with the new ribbon interface). If that's true... I'd try this first. Rightclick on an empty spot on any of the toolbars. Cho...

Display lists in an arbitrary number of columns
I have written and posted the following articles which will prove useful = to some: Display Lists in Columns Horizontally Using One Cell per Column http://www.braintrove.com/default.aspx?p=3D3&s=3D1&i=3D34 Display Lists in Columns Horizontally Using Individual Cells http://www.braintrove.com/default.aspx?p=3D3&s=3D1&i=3D33 Display Lists in Columns Vertically Using One Cells per Column http://www.braintrove.com/default.aspx?p=3D3&s=3D1&i=3D32 Display Lists in Columns Vertically Using Individual Cells http://www.braintrove.com/default.aspx?p=3D3&s=3D1&i=3D31 ...

Script to count duplicate lines in a text file
We have a requirement to count the number of duplicate entries in a text file and then list the line and the number of duplicates. For example, we have a file call test.txt that has the following entries: A1 A1 B1 B2 B2 B2 B2 This would return the following: A1,2 B1,1 B2,4 Any assistance would be greatly appreciated Gadgetman schrieb: > We have a requirement to count the number of duplicate entries in a text file > and then list the line and the number of duplicates. For example, we have a > file call test.txt that has the following entries: > A1 > A1 ...

MnyBank : Ofc Ofx file conversion and Money import
Version 1.5.9 : bugs correction on Qif files Money 2005 do not accept any more Ofc files and the Ofx files delivered by my bank where invalid. So I write this program, it can be use to : - convert QIF, OFC files to OFX V1 (Money 2000->Money 2004) or OFX V2 (Money 2005, XML files) - convert OFX V2 files to OFXV1 - check transactions in files before send them in Money - archive bank transaction in a database (MS Acces format) This program is a freeware. It's a dotnet program, you have to install : 1- Framework .Net 1.1 2- MS Jet 4.0 3- MDAC 2.7 or greater 4- MnyBank GUI is in englis...

Executing change event with out tabbing off from a filed (DEX or VBA)
Hi, Scenario : A field in a GP form, I have my cursor in that field. When I enter data in to it, I need to split that string and insert the splitted string in to two text boxes (I will not be doing tab off from the field). EG: String which will be entered : 111112 I need to split the string into two strings string1 : 11111 string2 : 2 As soon as data entry is done the splitting should happen (to string1 and string2). And string2 , ie 2 should be inserted in to a field say quantity. If I enter data and do tab off from the field it is working fine. The requirement is ,as soon as data is ente...

Display Non Inventory description on Create Purchase Orders screen
Display the item Description for non-inventory items on the Create Purchase Orders screen. Currently, only inventory item descriptions are displayed. ---------------- This post is a suggestion for Microsoft, and Microsoft responds to the suggestions with the most votes. To vote for this suggestion, click the "I Agree" button in the message pane. If you do not see the button, follow this link to open the suggestion in the Microsoft Web-based Newsreader and then click "I Agree" in the message pane. http://www.microsoft.com/Businesssolutions/Community/NewsGroups/dgbrow...

Delete jpg file based on Access field contents
Hello, What would be the best way to have access delete a bunch of jpg's? I have two tables in mdb format, the main table has 36000 records. When I am done with a record, I move it to a Deleted Record table (using a query and a macro). There are about 1300 of the deleted records that have an associated jpg file. The file size is around 100k, so I have around 130 meg of files cluttering up my laptop. I will never look at the jpg's again. I know it's not a lot of space, but why not have some code get rid of them? So, should I use a button on a regularly accessed Fo...

Money for Singapore
Is there a version of Microsoft Money that is for Singapore? Or does Microsoft have such plans? If not, which country's version will be suitable for Singapore? Regards Bharathan ...

Done With M$Money
That's it for me. I will no longer submit to the bi-annual upgrade extortion racket. There are simply too many other viable personal finance products out there that don't sunset features/operating system support. Don't be a lemming! What alternatives do you have in mind? And what are you doing with your existing data set? "belexes" <belexes@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:0A880277-CC81-4B2E-A77E-AEC6C8EEAEC6@microsoft.com... > There are simply too many other viable personal finance products out > there that don't sunset feat...

File Transfer using vb.net code
Hi, I would like to transfer/move a file from one folder to other folder in shareopint site. That needs to be done using vb.net. Could you please prove the code for that? Regards, Balu Submitted via EggHeadCafe - Software Developer Portal of Choice Dr. Dotnetsky's Cool .NET Tips and Tricks # 16 http://www.eggheadcafe.com/tutorials/aspnet/960bc693-889f-46c1-9b0e-1b0a67d13ea5/dr-dotnetskys-cool-net.aspx So your asking someone on this list to do your work for you? For free? Sounds like you might want to get some consulting time. -- Daniel A. Galant Imagine what w...

Does My Money 2004 have a virus
When backing up money, I get a message stating 'This item has been deleted, possibly by another application.' This message also displayed in Money 2002 when I backed up my file. Could I have a virus of some sort or does any one know what's going on here. -- I need mo_money ...

Money Plus Annual Update?
There was an article over the weekend in the Cleveland, OH newspaper that reviewed the financial software offerings and said that there would be no further annual updated from Microsoft Money, thus Money + is that last version. Is this correct? Has Microsoft abandoned us? We noticed that our version of Money+ was purchased in August, 2007 but apparently nothing since. There will not be a "formal" annual version but around the time of update timeouts I expect to see what I will call from want of a better description, Service Packs. So if there is any added functionality then...

Money 04 Trended Items
Anyone know if / how it is possible to either disable, or reset the "trended items" in Microsoft Money 2004?? It is very frustrating, I know the program would work if I could clear out all the old numbers from previous income and such. Please help. You must be talking about trended items in the cash flow forecast? IIRC from M04, there is a "Customize Cash Flow" link--left side of page--that allows you to exclude trended items. "GoodTrouble" <GoodTrouble@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:50A34ECA-63D9-4E18-9AB3-8D4C59F49F79@microsoft...

Money Small Business 2006
Does the 2006 version of Money Small business support using business categories in the budget? Also, does the new version support a tax line item for self-employed health insurance payments? ...