MBNA, Yodlle, Money 2006 problem

Over10 days ago I had an account transferred to MBNA Credit Card. (I already
have 2 other accounts with them.)

Since that time I've been trying to setup my accounts at MBNA in Money 2006.
No luck. Each time I try and do it, I receive either the error message
"Account setup is temporarily unavailable. Please try again later." or
"Microsoft Money could not set up your account because of technial problems
at your bank or brokerage..."

Last Monday I called Microsoft about this since the problem had been ongoing
for several days. They verified the problem and said that it was actually a
Yodlle issue. They gave me a case number, said they'd pass the problem on to
Yodlee, and then closed my case.

This problem still persists. Is there any thing I can do in this situation?
Is there any way to contact Yodlle directly about the problem to make sure
that they really are aware of it? MBNA is a pretty significant institution.
I'd have to think that others would be having this problem also.

Tony

money 28651 articles. 7 followers. Follow

My understanding is MBNA does not yet support on-line transaction downloads.
Statements can be downloaded after the new statement is posted each month..

"Tony" wrote:

> Over10 days ago I had an account transferred to MBNA Credit Card. (I already
> have 2 other accounts with them.)
>
> Since that time I've been trying to setup my accounts at MBNA in Money 2006.
> No luck. Each time I try and do it, I receive either the error message
> "Account setup is temporarily unavailable. Please try again later." or
> "Microsoft Money could not set up your account because of technial problems
> at your bank or brokerage..."
>
> Last Monday I called Microsoft about this since the problem had been ongoing
> for several days. They verified the problem and said that it was actually a
> Yodlle issue. They gave me a case number, said they'd pass the problem on to
> Yodlee, and then closed my case.
>
> This problem still persists. Is there any thing I can do in this situation?
> Is there any way to contact Yodlle directly about the problem to make sure
> that they really are aware of it? MBNA is a pretty significant institution.
> I'd have to think that others would be having this problem also.
>
> Tony

0
Jeff1 (635)
8/6/2005 12:50:10 PM
Tony,

I don't know if this will help you or not, but I have two MBNA credit
card accounts that I access on the website
http://www.mbna.com/index_main.html. One is a Wachovia Visa Bankcard
and the other a MBNA Fiedlity Visa Card. Both of them direct download
into money daily with no problem. In the bank section of both accounts,
listed is MBNA credit card. I do not know about the Banking options,
because I only use the credit cards. But you mentioned credit card, so
I thought you might want to know that I am successful with this.
Lori

0
rhodesbiz (125)
8/6/2005 3:10:14 PM
"jeff" <jeff@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
> My understanding is MBNA does not yet support on-line transaction
> downloads.
> Statements can be downloaded after the new statement is posted each
> month..

All I know is that for the past year or longer I've been able to download my
MBNA transactions. It is only in the past couple of weeks that this stopped.
MS confirmed that this was a Yodlle problem, but so far it hasn't been
corrected.

(The problem was triggered when I added another account to my MBNA online
profile. I had 2 accounts. I went online and added a third account and from
that point forward nothing worked. MS said it was a screen scraping issue,
and I'm inclined to agree with that diagnosis.)

Still looking for a solution....

Tony

Did some more testing with my originally reported problem. Here's the
details.

I had 2 credit accounts with MBNA. I've been able to login and view these
accounts on MBNA's website and also download transactions into Money for a
long time. (Well over a year. Possibly many years, I don't remember.)

Recently, 1 of my primary banks sold their credit card accounts to MBNA
(unfortunately). I went into the MBNA website and added this new account to
my online profile. At that point, downloads into Money stopped working for
any of my MBNA accounts. I "disconnected" online services for MBNA in Money
and then reinitiated it to see if this would correctly pick up the accounts.
It never did and always reported an error message.

All of the above is what I previously reported.

Tonight I did some additional testing. I went to the MBNA website and turned
off the newly added account. When I log into their web site now, only the 2
older accounts show up. I then went to Money and tried to initiate online
services with MBNA Credit Card. It went through without a hitch and
recognized my two accounts.

At this point I went back to the website and turned the 3rd account back on.
When I tried to connect through Money, I got the same error message as
previous, indicating there was a problem with my bank or brokerage company.
I turned the 3rd account off on the web site, and immediately Money began
working again.

I'm inclined to think that this is a screen scraping issue, and may be one
particularly related to Amsouth Bank accounts recently transferred to MBNA.

Hopefully it will be fixed, but I'm not going to hold my breath.

Tony

That site accepts my Visa pw but only displays the transactions over the
past 30 days.  Thes are not downloadable.  The past statements can be
downloaded, but are not on a fully automatic basis.
MBNA is behind the times.  This will quickly do them in going forward.
Not sure why they would settle for this, but I can't spill any tears for
them.  Just move on to those companies that handle the downloads. First Card
did well for me.

"Lori" <rhodesbiz@bellsouth.net> wrote in message
> Tony,
>
> I don't know if this will help you or not, but I have two MBNA credit
> card accounts that I access on the website
> http://www.mbna.com/index_main.html. One is a Wachovia Visa Bankcard
> and the other a MBNA Fiedlity Visa Card. Both of them direct download
> into money daily with no problem. In the bank section of both accounts,
> listed is MBNA credit card. I do not know about the Banking options,
> because I only use the credit cards. But you mentioned credit card, so
> I thought you might want to know that I am successful with this.
> Lori

0
woppenhe (160)
8/8/2005 2:50:51 AM
"woppenhe" <woppenhe@ucla.edu> wrote in message
> That site accepts my Visa pw but only displays the transactions over the
> past 30 days.  Thes are not downloadable.  The past statements can be
> downloaded, but are not on a fully automatic basis.
> MBNA is behind the times.  This will quickly do them in going forward.
> Not sure why they would settle for this, but I can't spill any tears for
> them.  Just move on to those companies that handle the downloads. First
> Card did well for me.

I agree 100% that MBNA should support automated transaction downloading.
Even their manual statement downloading is clunky. It was one reason I was
very disappointed that my Visa account was sold/transferred to them.

Money, however, will download transactions daily--at least depending on what
accounts you have with MBNA and such (I chronicled my experience in a recent
post.). It's very erratic, though, and MBNA needs to get more with the
times.

Tony

Money 2006
It will soon be here people, I bet everyones excited: http://www.amazon.com/exec/obidos/tg/detail/-/B0009KLGPO/qid=1119388434/sr=1-1/ref=sr_1_1_etk-software/103-5923059-1311820?v=glance&s=software&n=229534 http://news.com.com/Microsofts+Money+2006+available+for+preorder/2100-1012_3-5756135.html?tag=nefd.top :-) -- Andre Extended64 | http://www.extended64.com Blog | http://www.extended64.com/blogs/andre http://spaces.msn.com/members/adacosta FAQ for MS AntiSpy http://www.geocities.com/marfer_mvp/FAQ_MSantispy.htm It hurts my head just thinking about it. "Andre Da Costa [Ext...

Statement problem?
When I download my statement from my financial institution to Money it brings in the new transactions since the last time I downloaded, but then it wants to go thru the entire register and add every entry listed in the statement to the register a second time. What am I doing wrong??? The actual message that i am getting is...."This transaction in your Bank Statement could not be found in your account register. Add any information below and then click next to add the transaction to your register." Then it proceeds to put a second entry of the same transactions that are a...

Money 2006 troubles present in 2007 ?
I purchased Money 2006 a year or so ago, but abandoned it over 401k issues. I have not used any kind of money manager since then (bad me), and am ready to take another swing at it, so trying to decide between upgrading Money or giving Quickbooks a try. As I recall it could not reconcile all line item types from my 401k manager (Hewitt). I remember this being a generalized issue, with lots of poeple complaining about the same thing. Has this been addressed in Money 2007 ? Anyone still having trouble with 401k downloads into Money 2007 ? Are there any other pervasive issues that are wait...

Data counting problem
I have a column of numbers 1 through 3000. Another column has a few numbers scatered throughout this range. I want to have a third column that runs the entire height of 3000 cells with either ones or zeros corresponding to the first column where if the number exists in the second column it gets a one and if it doesn't it gets a zero. Can anybody help me? I've been looking into CountIf stuff, but I can't seem to get the criteria to be any of the numbers in column 2. Thanks in advance. -- GlitchCog ------------------------------------------------------------------------ GlitchCog...

Problems with hyperlinks in Word 2007
I am having problems with hyperlinks in Word - they show as a complete text string incl. something about javascript. This occurred after my last update from Microsoft. I have tried to search in the various settings without any luck - I need the hyperlinks to show as only regular text and not codes etc. Anybody out there who can help me so I do not miss any text in Word? Press Alt+F9 to hide field codes. -- Stefan Blom Microsoft Word MVP "Mette S-K" <Mette S-K@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:1788018D-30B3-4005-82BF-0DD03CB383EB@micros...

Problem with dates after conversion
I converted a large Lotus 123 document into excel, now whatever date I enter returns a 1/00/00 date, in whatever format I choose..Jan 0 1900..1-0-00 etc. the correct date is displayed up on the F line but in my sheet is says Jan zero of the year 1900...It has successfully driven me nuts. Help please... Go to the Tools menu, choose Options then the Transition tab. Uncheck "Transition Formula Evaluation" and "Transition Formula Entry". When Entry is checked, Excel will treat 3/9/2005 not as a date but as division, and the result is less that zero, hence when formatte...

Counting Problem #4
Hi everyone, My problem is with the COUNTA funciton. I have a formula "=IF(COUNTA(K4:Q4)>0,1,0)", set up so that if at least one cell has letter/value, then formula will return a result of 1. The cells, whic this equation counts, are also formulas as well. (Ex =IF('Protocol!$K4="","",'Protoco !$K4)) I want to be able to count the cells that have data, yet not coun those cells which have a blank result. Is there anyway to do this i Excel? Thanks and Have a great weekend, Pet -- peter_river -----------------------------------------------------------...

Money 2004 vs. Quicken w/ Online
When using quicken, I downloaded transactions and Quicken would give me an ONLINE balance as well as the one that showed in the account register. Does Money ASSUME they are the same and just ignore the REAL balance form the bank? Thanks, Jeff No. Money shows the downloaded balance and the local balance. These may or may not be equal at any qiven time. It also depends on whether the institution actually includes the balance in the download. Regards, John Buschman "Jeff" <joedirt@datahook.com> wrote in message news:<evA2fWWSEHA.556@tk2msftngp13.phx.gbl>... > ...

ListCtrl column resize causes problems with the rows (?)
This is the problem, I have a list control that I am using through the CListCtrl MFC class in report mode. I want to resize a column (the last) to take up the available space when the user resizes the parent (dialog or MDI window). I thought that this would be easy; in fact it is simple to implement but causes a problem. What I did was to put code in the OnSize() handler, calculate the size of every column and the size of the control and then to resize the last column to the appropriate size. This works, however, if you have a number of rows that causes the scroll bar to appear an...

Outlook2003 problem connecting to SBS
I have made a smal testlab, with a SBS2003 and a Windows XP SP2 (Danish) My problem Is that I cant get Outlook 2003 (tried both UK an Danish versions, and with and without SP1) to connect to the exchange. I can access the exchange account via OWA. I have pathced the exchange server with SP1. If i create a new Mail profile in Outlook, and selec Exchange. I can enter the servername, an username, but if I click OK or Check name, it chrashes. If I look in the data that is going to be sent to Microsoft it says: AppName: outlook.exe AppVer: 11.0.6353.0 AppStamp:408f2937 ModName: msmap...

Money needs update
I started Money 2007 this evening to get some expenses caught up and a dialog box popped up saying that in order for Money to continue working properly, an update was required. I clicked OK and it looked like a download started followed by an install that went only part way. Another dialog popped up saying that the installation could not close Money (even though Money had disappeared from view) and I needed to restart Money to complete the installation. I did this and a dialog popped up saying that in order for Money to keep working properly, an updated was required. I clicked OK. ...

corrupt pst file problem
I use Outlook 2002 with Internet Mail Only (IMO). My pst file is 540,944 bytes. When I use Outlook now, it is likely that my computer will crash with a blue screen.\ "cannot copy file bobg: cyclic redundancy error": I tried to copy my pst file before I tried to fix or change anything but at the very end of the copy I get an error "cannot copy file bobg: cyclic redundancy error". I have used Norton disk doctor and PC-Doctor to check the hard disk (NTFS). PC-Doctor reports no errors, Norton reports a couple of indexes that should be deleted. I was surprised that sea...

when does money 'find out ' about new funds
I'm looking at a new fund "Fidelity 130/30 Large Cap Fund" (symbol =FOTTX) and although I can get quotes/info via Google/Yahoo/About / etc , Money can't find it. So if I were to buy it I would have to manually update it .... for how long ? anyone know ? In microsoft.public.money, - Bobb - wrote: >I'm looking at a new fund >"Fidelity 130/30 Large Cap Fund" >(symbol =FOTTX) >and although I can get quotes/info via Google/Yahoo/About / etc , Money >can't find it. So if I were to buy it I would have to manually update it >... for how lon...

UK: Worth upgrading from Money 2000
Hi I'm a long time user of Money 2000, and I'm wondering if it's worth upgrading to Money 2004. I found a page on the MS site that listed comparisons between 2002->2004, but it was US-centric. The main thing I'd like to be able to do is automatically reconcile my Money file with my bank (Barclays in the UK). Is this possible with Money 2004? What other improvements have there been that people use? TIA Glenn. Go have a look at http://www.microsoft.com/uk/homepc/money/default.mspx. This is the main UK Money page. It also lists the Financial institutions that support...

Problem with Reading Ameritrade Transactions
I can't read any download Ameritade transactions with Microsoft Money 2005 Premium. I keep getting the following error when viewing my recent transactions... "An error occurred, but Money ran out of memory while trying to retrieve and display details about what happened." I have four new transactions in Ameritrade. I will show me the four trades that have taken place, but when i click next to update my account i get that error. I tried clearing out my temp files and internet files and deleting all my cookies but the error still comes. I even tried removing my Ameritrade On...

Problem replying to emails #2
Hi all, I have imported emails/address book from Outlook Express into Outlook and when I hit reply to any emails that were NOT in my address book in Outlook Express I cannot send the message as it does not find the email address like Outlook usually does. Is there any way around this or would I have to manually add an email address to each contact? Thanks Scott Ashton <wibble@wobble.com> wrote: > I have imported emails/address book from Outlook Express into Outlook > and when I hit reply to any emails that were NOT in my address book > in Outlook Express I cannot sen...

Online Backup Problem of Exchange 2003
Dear All, We are facing problem for taking an online backup of Exchange 2003 through NTBackup. Below is the error we are getting when backuping exchange: The 'Microsoft Information Store' returned 'Error returned from an ESE function call (d). ' from a call to 'HrESEBackupRead()' additional data '-'The 'Microsoft Information Store' returned 'Error returned from an ESE function call (d). ' from a call to 'HrESEBackupRead()' additional data '-' The operation was ended. As per the below link that state that if upgrade the excha...

Re: MS Outlook XP (2002) Message Rules Problem(s)
frustrating problem. been tackling it for days. problem: when i create a rule, or more than one, to autorespond with a specifi template (regardless of whether the rules does other things or not, i it contains an autoresponse, this problem occurs) the FIRST incomin email that matches the criteria gets a response and NO others. why this is a problem: IF, for example, i had a autoR setup to send a pic of my God daughte to everyone that messages with the subject line: send me a pic of her ONLY the first person to send an email will get their email. also, IF i had another one setup w/ the cri...

Problem with Outlook 2007 and RSS feeds from Firefox 2.0.0.12
I can not get this to work correctly. In IE 7 if I click on an RSS feed icon, IE will ask if I want to subscribe to the feed and if I do it adds the feed to the Outlook bar (just like Outlook 2007's directions say it should work). Using the same technique in Firefox, Outlook shows me the HTML behind the feed OR in the case of any RSS from the NY Times - it comes up as a page not found error. If I do a copy/paste into the account setup tab for RSS in Outlook I can make this work but I don't understand why there is such a hassle to get this done in Firefox EXPECIALLY when Firefox asks ...

entering call option into Money
I have a 100 share position in Dow Chemical. I have sold 1 Call option on that Dow Chemical stock. When I try to enter the call into Money, I can't because I am entering a sell of a position before I have entered a buy. Is there a way to enter this call into Money so that I can track it until I buy it back, or it expires? In microsoft.public.money, Brooks wrote: >I have a 100 share position in Dow Chemical. I have sold >1 Call option on that Dow Chemical stock. When I try to >enter the call into Money, I can't because I am entering a >sell of a position befor...

outlook news group reader problem
Hi, I have a question about the way messages are organized in the outlook news group reader. It's sorted with a 'sent' field (last time a message is posted on a subject). I really want to have 'first posted' field (first time a message is posted as a subject) to sort the messages so I can read something from begining to the end. Because for some heavy volume news group, I often only see 'Re: ..' as the subject and I have no idea what the original post is about. Please help. G'Day YUU LIU, In Outlook Express, please check the Menu: View>Current View&...

Outlook problem
This is a multi-part message in MIME format. ------=_NextPart_000_004C_01C3E515.CF64A7A0 Content-Type: text/plain; charset="iso-8859-1" Content-Transfer-Encoding: quoted-printable Hi All Have a strange issue. Messages keep disappearing from Inbox and other folders. Am running Outlook 2000 on W2K on a network is only happening to some users. No Filters or anything. Have run a PST scan it seems ok. Would appreciate any ideas. --=20 - Best Regardz Jay Singh *********************************************************************** WALIA PTY LIMITED | technology solutions for a...

Money 2004 PPC Continually Syncs with ActiveSync 3.71
I have a Dell Axim X5 (Mobile Pocket PC 2003) with Money 2004 PPC and ActiveSync 3.71. All of my money accounts syncronize perfectly when I sync up with ActiveSync on my PC. Once Active Sync has completed synchronizing my Pocket PC and PC, Money in Activesync still displays "1 file not synchronized" and continually tries to sync the file. The only way I can stop this from continually happening in Active Sync is to press the Stop button (the 1 file is still not synchronized)! ...

M Money payment date reset issues
If I have a bill set up to pay by some date, it is almost impossible for me to reset the date once the time has slipped past the amount of time the program thinks it has to pay the bill. I have tried everything! In most cases, I just delete the entire series, and even then the program "remembers" the old series pay date and refuses to accept the electronic pay. I have even resorted to a stamp and a written check to get my bills paid! This is absolutely maddening! Does anyone have a magic solution to how you force the electronic pay to send the payment through if you slip past the nu...

Problem sending an email to a particular domain
In sending an email to a United Kingdom domain and the mail is sitting in the Que with the message "Host Unreachable". I did a DIG to the domain and was able to telnet to their mail server with no problem. Any ideas as to what else I can check? Have you dig it about the UK MX RECORD? On the exchange server, make the dig and nslookup. Enable tracking message on exchange server. Have you try sending an email with Hotmail or other email account? Have you checked for any Email filter, etc >-----Original Message----- >In sending an email to a United Kingdom domain and the &g...