Matching transactions in 2005

I upgraded from Money 2004 to Money 2005. I've always had trouble getting
transactions to match when they are downloaded from the bank. For instance, I
would enter a transaction into Money, and then when it downloaded my
statement from the bank it would enter a new transaction instead of matching
it to the one that I created.
In 2004, you could right-click on the transaction and then choose "match",
or something along those lines. I don't see that option in 2005.

How do you match duplicate transactions in 2005? I'm using Premium if it
matters, and my register view is advanced.

Thanks.
0
Molnir (2)
10/28/2004 5:45:07 PM
money 28651 articles. 7 followers. Follow

In microsoft.public.money, Molnir wrote:

>I upgraded from Money 2004 to Money 2005. I've always had trouble getting
>transactions to match when they are downloaded from the bank. For instance, I
>would enter a transaction into Money, and then when it downloaded my
>statement from the bank it would enter a new transaction instead of matching
>it to the one that I created.
>In 2004, you could right-click on the transaction and then choose "match",
>or something along those lines. I don't see that option in 2005.
>
>How do you match duplicate transactions in 2005? I'm using Premium if it
>matters, and my register view is advanced.

Are all  Tools->Settings->OnlineServices->AutomaticallyMark...  and
Tools->Settings->OnlineServices->AutomaticallyAccept... items
cleared? If not, I would clear them.

Are you using Passport?

0
via_newsgroup (13114)
10/28/2004 5:58:39 PM
I had that same problem with my American Express Card when I first set it
up.  All of the settings were correct but it continued to enter downloaded
transactions as a new transaction.  Problem finally cleared up after I
removed and resetup the online services a couple of times.  This was a pain
in the a** because each time I had to remerge the accounts and clear up the
duplicate transactions.

> In microsoft.public.money, Molnir wrote:
>
>>I upgraded from Money 2004 to Money 2005. I've always had trouble getting
>>transactions to match when they are downloaded from the bank. For
>>instance, I
>>would enter a transaction into Money, and then when it downloaded my
>>statement from the bank it would enter a new transaction instead of
>>matching
>>it to the one that I created.
>>In 2004, you could right-click on the transaction and then choose "match",
>>or something along those lines. I don't see that option in 2005.
>>
>>How do you match duplicate transactions in 2005? I'm using Premium if it
>>matters, and my register view is advanced.
>

> Are all  Tools->Settings->OnlineServices->AutomaticallyMark...  and
> Tools->Settings->OnlineServices->AutomaticallyAccept... items
> cleared? If not, I would clear them.
>
> Are you using Passport?

An Online Update Problem 2005/2007
This problem has started in Money 2005 and has now moved to 2007. I have two seperate credit card accounts with Citi. One account works fine. The other "bad" account does not. All observations are from the "View Downloaded Statements" page. In 2005 when I attempt to update credit card balances from Citi the "Bank Balance" would update but none of the transactions would download. The "Local Balance" would also remain unchanged. Now ( in 2005 and 2007) the bank balance will not update on the one "bad" account. The "Last Downloade...

return multiple columns with INDEX/MATCH
Hi, I have an array of data that that I am picking values from using the INDEX and MATCH functions. Is there a way to return more than one column of data? example: 10 A B C D 20 E F G H 30 K L M N 40 O P Q R I want to search for values in column 1 that match a given value and return the values in columns 2 through 4 using one formula. Right now I would just do it one column at a time with: =INDEX($A$1:$D$5,MATCH($X1,$A$1:$D$1,0),2) and in the next cell to the left: =INDEX($A$1:$D$5,MATCH($X1,$A$1:$D$1,0),3) and on...and on... I'm sorry if I have not been clear. Any help would be...

2005 Review by PC World
Here is the link to the review by PC World of Money 2005: http://www.pcworld.com/news/article/0,aid,117436,00.asp From the pictures and text, I figured it out: all this dummy vs. expert view fruh-frah is about Ctrl+T (or, if you will, View|Top Line Only/All Transaction Details)?!? That's been in there since, what, Mv2? Or was it v1? "A new default register view displays only the basic information of a transaction: check number (if applicable), payee, date, amount, account balance, and whether the transaction has been reconciled. The traditional advanced view, which shows categ...

eConnect
We are getting the following messages on one of our machines when we try and connect to Great Plains with eConnect: Error #1: Version=8.0.2.0 Unique MessageId = Error Number = -2147168246 Error Description = New transaction cannot enlist in the specified transaction coordinator. Error Source = Microsoft OLE DB Provider for SQL Server Line Number=9530 Error #2: Version=8.0.2.0 Unique MessageId = Error Number = 2303 Error Description = The registration failed for eConnect. Please insure that valid registration keys where entered for eConnect. Error Source = ExecProcsXML.ExecStoredProc...

How do we match two workbooks by row?
workbook 1 6 48 book $45 6 50 book $50 8 52 book $48 workbook 2 6 50 book $50 I want to know workbook 2's row exists on workbook 1 and then return True or False. In an empty cell in worksheet2 (in workbook2???): =isnumber(match(b2,[book1.xls]sheet1!b:b,0)) Assuming that column B holds the key id for that book. Alfred wrote: > > workbook 1 > 6 48 book $45 > 6 50 book $50 > 8 52 book $48 > > workbook 2 > 6 50 book $50 > > I want to know workbook 2's row exists on workbook 1 and...

enter transactions online
how do you enter transactions online or it's not possible to do it? I know Quicken has a web entry feature that if you are out travelling and don't have your money file with you, you can enter transactions online and download to your original money file later. Please reply me at frankyung@hotmail.com Thanks. Frankie Read about sync with the web in Money help. "Frankie Yung" <frankyung@hotmail.com> wrote in message news:%235p7my0iDHA.2508@TK2MSFTNGP10.phx.gbl... > how do you enter transactions online or it's not possible to do it? I know > Quicken has a...

Enter Match Invoice
Hello, when I enter a purchase invoice via Enter Match Invoice, I get a RCT number automatically assigned. Then I also get a voucher number (from posting). What is the difference between these two numbers? Thanks Michelle Hi Michelle, Because it's really done via two transactions, here's the scoop. The Receipt number is attached to the receipt of the items. You could have received the items before you received the vendor invoice. The Voucher number is a number generated by GP to attach to the invoice when the payable is created. I hope this helps. Kind rega...

investment transactions as income or expense
I recently decided to be brave and start tracking all my investment transactions in Money 2004. I entered stocks that I was holding for company A and B (I approximated the cost basis), and then entered some Sell transactions for these 2 stocks. On the same date, I entered a Buy transaction for company C's stock. The monies from transactions are tranfered to/from a Money Cash account that corresponds to an account with my stock broker. Two issues: 1. To my surprise, my cash flow reports now include "Capital Gain" income for selling the stocks of companies A and B, in the amount...

Money 2005
There's no where to assign an asset category! I have a 403B retirement account and the category for all funds is OTHER. Money won't let me change the assets associated with this account - LARGE-CAP, MID-CAP, etc. Does anyone know how to fix this? Thanks. "SteveH" <SteveH@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:9B72D53B-1516-4979-BFCB-6CEF270CDD7D@microsoft.com... > There's no where to assign an asset category! I have a 403B retirement > account and the category for all funds is OTHER. Money won't let me > change > the assets asso...

Exact Match
I have searched for an answer to no avail.. Here is the sheet: A1 N1 ID ID I12345 I12345 They were imported using the Import External Data from a csv file (there are other fields I am also trying to match)..I used the general setting during the import If I use the following expression in J1 =EXACT(A1,N1) It returns a false, when they look exact except for the fact that I imported from a csv file...if I retype each one in excel, it will return a true.. Does anyone know the reason and/or a solution? Leo Fredette Leo A problem with data that i...

Money 2006 -- Better Transaction Matching my !@#$%^
One of the things Money 2006 touts is better transaction matching. Well, based on my experience with the trial version that statement couldn't be further from the truth. I recenlty downloaded an OFX statement from my bank and Money 2006 managed to match three downloaded trasactions to a single transaction that was already in my register. None of those three downloaded transactions even had the same date as the existing tranaction they were matched to. But, there were three existing transactions with the same amounts and dates that Money 2006 didn't find matches for. Does th...

Account Update downloads same transactions over and over
When downloading account updates using "Automatic Updates" that use Yodlee all my transactions are re-downloaded each time. All the suggestions that MS Support have given me have not worked. I am hoping that someone else is having this problem or has fixed it and how. Here is what is going on: Yesterday I updated my accounts and 20 transactions were downloaded. Money matched them and I accepted them. Today I updated my accounts and 26 transactions were downloaded... Money matched them... however, only 6 of them were new ones... the other 20 are the ones that were downloade...

calendar does not show paid bills/transactions
When viewing the calendar for previous months, completed bill payments or transactions do not appear for previous dates. How to I change this. I have recently upgraded to Money 04 and never had this problem before. Thanks for any assistance! ...

Money 2005--a BIG disappointment
After struggling for the better part of 2 days with many of the issues I have read about on this board relating to Money 2005, primarily involving MSN Bill Pay, I am "throwing in the towel" and going back to Money 2004. After being bounced around all day from MSN Bill Pay "customer service" to Microsoft Support, back to MSN Bill Pay, over to Check Free, back to Microsoft Support, I have just about had enough. Their "solution" to my issued involved, re-installing Money 2004, ending MSN Bill Pay Service in that application, re-installing 2005, and starting...

Download 2005
Bought and downloaded money 05. Keep getting the error message that setup was unable to install some of the components needed to run money. Try installing money again. Tried and tried and tried. Will not work. Called support-on hold for 30 mins. no answer. Now what? Have you uninstalled it first, then reinstalled? "Terry" <Terry@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:D7D6D109-E64F-4C94-8F1E-E71E2BB0ABD7@microsoft.com... > Bought and downloaded money 05. Keep getting the error message that setup > was > unable to install some of the components needed t...

Spiral Maker 2005
"Anne" asked for a way to make spirals on Monday. I updated an old sample I made at Visio years ago and thought I'd share it with everyone. http://www.wanderkind.com/visio/ng/samples/Spiral 2005.zip The file contains VBA macros in order to draw the spiral, so you'll have to "Enable" macros when the drawing is opened. Enjoy using it, and peeking at the code, if you like. -- Chris Roth Visio MVP Chris: two things. 1) The included space in the name creates only a partial link. The "2005.zip" is missing 2) On your gallery webpages, the return li...

Mixing and MFC 2003 app with .NET 2005
Hello, I have an MFC project written in Visual Studio 2003 and I have to add the use of a component written in c++ .NET 2005. The .NET component is formatted as a dll file and when I try to add the statement #using <sample.dll>; I get a fatal error C1192. Does anyone know what may be the cause of this and how to fix the problem? I know that it would be a lot simplier with just porting the MFC project into Visual Studio 2005, but unfortunately there lies other complications and my boss would prefer to keep the project as is. Thanks in advance. MJ you can declare some managed eve...

Lookup match 2 items
I want to lookup 2 items for a match to enter 3rd item. EPP 2.80 x? want A3 to have a lookup function that matches both A1 and A2 to the array. EPS 1.25 0.5% EPS 1.5 0.5% EPS 1.75 0.5% EPS 2 0.5% EPS 2.25 0.5% EPS 2.5 0.5% EPS 3 0.5% Gcet 3 0.5% Gcet 5 0.5% Rmer 1.5 0.5% Rmer 1.75 0.5% Rmer 2 0.5% Rmer 2.25 0.5% Rmer 2.5 0.5% Rmer 3 0.5% Arcel 1.5 1.0% EPP-B 3.75 2.2% EPP-W 3.75 2.2% EPP-B 2.8 2.3% EPP-W 2.8 2.3% EPP-B 1.88 2.5% EPP-W 1.88 2.5% EPE 2 3.0% EPE 3 3.0% EPP-B 1.3 3.0% EPP-W 1.3 3.0% There'll be a clever way, but for me I'd add a helper col...

Color matching
How do i color match the fill in a text box to a picture so it looks as though they both have the same background. I use Publisher 2007. Still a relative newbie but here goes, it may help but if not the experts here will come along and correct us both :-) If you do not know the colour combination of your text fill box. Click into Text box that has been filled / Go to drop down menu Text colour / click the coloured square that you used / click more colours /click custom / note down the RGB numbers that you used for your text fill. You are now aware of the combination colours that you use...

Cannot accecpt some transactions.
I have found with my Money file that sometimes there are entries that I cannot accept. I click the accept button and it never accepts it, it stays the way it is (3x as tall as accepted transactions) and the buttons remain there to accept or cancel. Is there something the matter, and what can I do to fix the problem? I am using Money 2003 and have been using money since money 99 (I think). Any help would be appreciated. On 2005-04-25, Brian W <no-spam@flywga.org> wrote: > I have found with my Money file that sometimes there are entries that I > cannot accept. I click the accept b...

Money 2001 Freezes when doing transaction updates
I have a brand new problem with my Money 2001 program. After downloading info. from my fin'l. insts., I get the "Statement to Read" process. When I run through the transactions for approval, the program freezes with an hourglass. After several seconds, I press "Ctrl, Alt, Del" and the transaction posts correctly!? I have done the reinstall process from the "repair program" dialog box you get when going throught the "Remove Program" process. No help. Any ideas out there? Thanks! In microsoft.public.money, Tom Kneeboy wrote: >I hav...

Money 2005 Premium Monthly report
Does anyone else find these reports buggy? My December report claimed in three different places that I needed to adjust my withholding, but the first said I underpaid by about $3600, the second said I'd overpaid by $1500 and the third said I'd overpaid by $1700. "orianah" <orianah@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:5A68C2BE-4A8C-473A-9BFB-B804B40D10A7@microsoft.com... > Does anyone else find these reports buggy? My December report claimed in > three different places that I needed to adjust my withholding, but the > first > said I unde...

Closing Total does not match
I have a strange problem with over/short not matching. On the z report, the only over short listed in the tender section is cash at $20.74 over. However, the Over / Short line shows $71.74. How can this be different? I noticed that the Closing Total equals Opening Total + Sales + Tax + Over / Short. We had no paid out, layaway, account, or deposit activity. In other words, the discrepancy is just between Over / Short and the tender over/short details. Any ideas? On Sep 28, 11:25=A0am, McSlagerhaden <ja...@szumlanski.com> wrote: > I have a strange problem with over/short not matchi...

Budget
I'm getting the idea I'm beating a dead horse, but here goes anyway. The last revision of money I have been able to get to work is Money 99. I don't think I have a copy of 2002. I recently installed 2005. 1. Budget will not recognize any category transactions from a liability account. 2. It keeps shoving transfers between accounts into my budget. 3. All my budget amounts are in even numbers. My budget report looks good through April, but in May they suddenly start showing odd cents in the budgeted column. Any (helpful) suggestions? -- wdy ...

Impossible Matching Transaction Problem
In the last two months Money has stopped being able to match my epay transactions with my bank data. Okay fine, but this month it won't even let me manually match them. The bank entry that i want to match it to is the same amout, same payee name, one day apart (i'm setup to match for 60 days) and it is in the status of unreconciled (they both are). When I go to change the bank entry i don't get a list of any transactions in my register, just upcoming bills. Thanks i forgot to mention that i'm using the 2006 trial version...and that is probably when this problem started. sb...