of uncertainty.
0
updates (1)
3/24/2005 7:03:02 PM
money 28651 articles. 7 followers. Follow

On 2005-03-24, anti updates <anti> wrote:
> I am new to money 2004 and to me its not extremely clear which transaction
> money is auto matching and what its matching it to. It usually displays 3
> transactions one of which has an exclaimation point. I know it should be
> simple to understand but in talking with other user's there seems to be a bit
> of uncertainty.

I'm not sure that I understand the problem or the question that you're
asking.  Can you try and clarify?

The reason for my confusion is that when I download a transaction
that's matched it's obvious to me which transaction was matched.
What I see is a transaction that will say something like:

	Your bank's entry:   Toys R Us CLT $5.00
	Your register entry: Toys R Us $5.00

Then there's three buttons: Accept, Change, Enter

Pressing accept will allow me to accept the macth.  Change allows me
to change the match.  Enter allows me to categorize the transaction
w/out accepting or changing the match.
0
mark5832 (444)

DataSet/XmlSchema/DataGrid Framework 1.1
Hi, I have a problem with reading an XmlSchema with Frameowk 2.0 and an own DataType. I found no example (searching two days). What I do is: DataSet dataSet = new DataSet(); dataSet.ReadXml("{path}/MySchemaAndData.xml"); dataView = dataSet.Tables[0]; dataGridView.DataSource = dataView; Easy with Framework 1.1 (VisualStudio 2003). Everything is working fine. Now with rameowrk 2.0 I get one error after another, maybe someone can help me solve the problem, knows a link or what ever. I'm really despairing. If need, i can write more information, what i tried unsuccesfully for th...

restricting sending of email messages #2
My company uses Exchange 2003 with Outlook clients. Currently email users are able to send messages to an address called All Users which sends a message to all addresses in the Global Address Book. I need to configure Exchange so that only a select group of email users can send a message to All Users. Is this controlled by Exchange or AD? Any suggestions on how to accomplish this will be appreciated. ...

Removing Exchange 5.5 #2
I'm doing a migration exercise in a test lab without internet connection. Here's what I have (1 site, 1 domain): - Win2003 ADC (as a result of in place upgrade from NT4) - WinNT4 BDC with Exch5.5 SP4 - Win2003 member server with Exch 2003, ADC (connection agreements for mailboxes, public folder and configuration already defined and seems to work fine) Exch2003 was installed in Exch5.5 site (I tell it to join Exch5.5 site). I have just successfully moved all user mailboxes from 5.5 to 2003. We don't use public folders, so I suppose there is no reason to run PFMigrate tool since t...

Watermark #2
How do I enter a watermark? ...with the text "draft" Visit http://www.xldynamic.com/source/xld.xlFAQ0005.html best wishes -- Bernard V Liengme Microsoft Excel MVP http://people.stfx.ca/bliengme remove caps from email "plantslayer" <plantslayer@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:CC413618-43CC-4185-91D4-F45ED085497E@microsoft.com... > How do I enter a watermark? ...with the text "draft" On Wed, 25 Mar 2009 15:24:18 -0300, "Bernard Liengme" <bliengme@stfx.ca> wrote: >Visit >http://www.xldynamic.com/source/xld.x...

A Publisher 2002 document sent to me starts at page 2.
How can I change it so that it starts correctly at page 1. Select all on each page, group, drag them out to the scratch area, drag page two to page one and page one to page two. -- Mary Sauer MS MVP http://office.microsoft.com/ http://www.msauer.mvps.org/ news://msnews.microsoft.com "Robert Sterry" <Robert Sterry@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:A3080E11-CFE3-4144-B6E7-04D2A2B47E39@microsoft.com... > How can I change it so that it starts correctly at page 1. A small child turns to Ed, and exclaims: "Look! Look! A post from Robert Sterry <Robe...

2 chart types within a graph
I have a chart with three data series. Two of them I want to stack together, and a third to stand on its own. When I select the data series that I want to stack, it stacks all three data ranges, even though I've only selected one data series, not all of them. I can't figure out how to do this. I made a stacked column chart of this data Where x y z a 1 4 4 b 2 5 5 c 3 6 6 d 4 7 7 Then I right clicked the z data series on the chart, selected Chart Type and made it a Line Worked just fine. It works for any of the three data series - not just the top one. Let us know if...

columns #2
How come when I sometimes open Excel.. the columns are headed with numbers and not letters? How do I stop this from happening? Thanks "Jon" <jbauer@accxx.com> wrote in message news:0bab01c34d2b$c93f7ee0$a501280a@phx.gbl... > How come when I sometimes open Excel.. the columns are > headed with numbers and not letters? How do I stop this > from happening? > > Thanks Tools > Options > General tab, uncheck R1C1 reference style. IIRC this is a setting that is taken from the first file opened. So, anytime this happens, change the setting given by Anon,...

Microsoft Excel taking 100% processor time for 2~3 minutes for few excel sheets
Hi, I experienced slowness in opening certain excel sheet, which is around 10MB in size. The excel sheet is created using Excel 2000. Have tried upgrading to Excel 2003 with latest service packs but it doesn't help. Suspect it is the recalculation that is taking up the processors. It is a 1.5Ghz P4 with 512MB RAM. Any optimization/repair can be done on the excel sheet? or some option to reduce the recalculation intensity? Thanks. For lots of information about calculation speed, visit Charles William's site: www.decisionmodels.com -- Kind regards, Niek Otten "ping" ...

problems with downloading CC transactions
I have a CC that I've used for a few years, which I pay off every month. I have never included this in my Money file and I've been using Money for 2 years. I was using a Cash account, and transferring my 'credit card payments' to the cash account, and then 'spending' cash in that account that were actually what i charged on the account. Well, obviously, this is getting tough because we are using the card for more every day things (groceries, gas, bills, etc). So I want to start downloading the statements from my CC. However, the first time I do it, it downloads...

microsoft.public.outlook #2
This is a multi-part message in MIME format. ------=_NextPart_000_0018_01C731CB.30954700 Content-Type: text/plain; charset="us-ascii" Content-Transfer-Encoding: 7bit 545465 ------=_NextPart_000_0018_01C731CB.30954700 Content-Type: text/html; charset="us-ascii" Content-Transfer-Encoding: quoted-printable <html> <head> <META HTTP-EQUIV=3D"Content-Type" CONTENT=3D"text/html; = charset=3Dus-ascii"> <meta name=3DGenerator content=3D"Microsoft Word 10 (filtered)"> <style> <!-- /* Style Definitions */ p.Ms...

RBC Dain Rauscher
I was able to download from my RBC account when I had Money 2005. I upgraded to Money Plus and and receiving the following error message: [ofx.unsupportedClient Application] Client application or version is not supported by this server I called RBC who said to call Microsoft. Any ideas on what could be wrong? On Wed, 31 Oct 2007 15:51:01 -0700, Greathusky wrote: > I was able to download from my RBC account when I had Money 2005. I > upgraded to Money Plus and and receiving the following error message: > > [ofx.unsupportedClient Application] Client application or version is ...

2 Exchange servers how does mail get to them
Hi I have just added a second exchange 2003 server to my organisation. At the moment there is 1 MX record for the original server. What is the best way to get mail to the second server? Leave the MX record and let exchange pass the email between servers or set a second MX record and let them both pass email between them for mailboxes on the other server? Any advice would be appreciated. M Leave the MX record as it is and let Exchange route mail to the appropriate mailbox. This simplifies your gateway anti-virus/anti-spam & firewall solution as there is only one point of mail entry i...

outlook 2002 #2
I was reading in the new Consumer Reports about spam. It said to disable the preview pane to prevent the spam from reporting to its sender that you received it. I am using the preview pane in Outlook 2002 is this information correct? Sammy Castagna Read receipt request is something that gets generated by the client when you read a message. I believe if you select the check box that prevents the preview pane from marking the message as read, then it will prevent the read receipt request from being generated. "Sammy Castagna" <sammycastagna@hotmail.com> wrote in message n...

Function help #2
I am wanting to know how to get excel to look at a coloumn of information and compare with another coloumn and then tell me what and where the differences are. Let me explain what I have. I have a spreadsheet that has two seperate "pieces" of information. Each piece has two coloumns. What I need to do is have a function that will look at coloumn a and then compare it with coloumn b. The twist in this is that the information does not line up as far as the rows go. I am running Excel 2000 on an XP box. Any help is great. thanks!!!! Derrell Try using conditi...

Big Problem #2
Hi, Can any one tell me. Whem a User Edits an Excel file from centralised folder from server, one file is created in that centralised folder on server and it is temp file. Why it is created on the server, but not on the perticular users machine? Please give me the required help. Vivek khorate. When excel saves the file, it saves it as a temporary file with a funny name (8 characters--no extension) in the same folder. If the save is successful, xl will delete the original (or rename it to its backup name (like "backup of book1.xlk)) and if that's successful, xl will rename...

Shortcuts #2
In Outlook 2003, how do you set shortcuts to folders other than personal folders such as tasks, mail, etc. I would like to set shortcuts to my file system. Does it require exchange server to make such a link (shortcuts)in 2003. I was able to do this in outlook 2000. Any help would be appreciated. thanks, dan Drag and drop the file or folder you want a shortcut for in the Shortcuts Navigation and it will create a shortcut itself -- Roady [MVP] www.sparnaaij.net Microsoft Office and Microsoft Office related News Also Outlook FAQ, How To's, Downloads and more... Tips of the month:...

Forgot to save #2
I forgot to save something that I spent a day working on and then I accidentally closed excel. All of my changes are lost. Is it possible to recover them from a temp file? Hi unfortunately: No. Maybe you have enabled AutoSave? -- Regards Frank Kabel Frankfurt, Germany "dave" <anonymous@discussions.microsoft.com> schrieb im Newsbeitrag news:14b201c49113$6007da30$3a01280a@phx.gbl... > I forgot to save something that I spent a day working on > and then I accidentally closed excel. All of my changes > are lost. Is it possible to recover them from a temp file? Fo...

Pivot Table Page Field #2
Hi, Does anyone know if I can interact with the (All) selection of a pivot table page field? I would like to either take it out or change it's caption. Neil You can't suppress the "All" option in the page field, or change its caption. With programming, you could select another item if the user selects "All". For example: '======================== Private Sub Worksheet_Change(ByVal Target As Range) Dim pt As PivotTable Dim pf As PivotField Set pt = Me.PivotTables(1) Set pf = pt.PivotFields("Region") With pf If .CurrentPage = "(All)&q...

001 #2

Excel 2003 issue with Windows XP Pro SP-2
Hi Folks, I saw that this question had been posted by many people already, but I could not find an answer for the same. I am using Windows XP Pro Service pack 2 and Office 2003. Scenario 1) I have a hyper link in a web page that opens up an Excel document. When I click the link, I get the IE dialogue box with "Open' and "Save" options. After that, if I click "open" it opens the Excel Window without any data in it, but with an error message telling that -- 'C:\Documents and *****\--\--\abcd.xls' could not be found. Check the spelling of the file name and ...

MAKE $500 TO $700 A WEEK #2
We know it sounds TOO good to BE true, but it's REAL! Our International Technology firm will pay you hard cash each time FREE software is downloaded. Best of all you will only have to download ONE piece of software ONE time for FREE and you can be on your way to earning BIG! FIND OUT MORE BY VISITING http://ShaneFairbank.PlugUsIn4Cash.com/ <COPY AND PASTE> ...

2 column subreport problem
I have a report with a single column. I have a sub-report in the detail section of this report. The sub-report has two columns. Only one column prints in the sub-report. TIA for your help. Never mind....I got it. Gettin' old ain't for sissies! "R Fourt" wrote: > I have a report with a single column. > I have a sub-report in the detail section of this report. The sub-report has > two columns. > Only one column prints in the sub-report. > TIA for your help. ...

Clearing all items in a Collection #2
Hey guys Below is an example of how I created my collection called "testCollection". Dim TestCollection As New Collection I have a code that loops through a range and adds items to this collection. How do I clear all items in the collection? Thanks Todd Todd - Did you try looking in the archives first???? http://google.com/groups?threadm=12d6501c3f6f7%2446518b10%24a001280a%40ph x.gbl In article <590201c4815e$60eb9fa0$a301280a@phx.gbl>, "Todd Huttenstine" <anonymous@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote: > Below is an example of how I created my co...

Confussed about using vlookup and tables #2
That link answered my questions. Thank you very much :) -- J Spensley ------------------------------------------------------------------------ J Spensley's Profile: http://www.excelforum.com/member.php?action=getinfo&userid=14901 View this thread: http://www.excelforum.com/showthread.php?threadid=271034 ...

internet explorer #2
Let's say I want to make an open instance of Internet Explorer go to a given URL. How do I do that? I think I need to use COM, but that whole concept is fuzzy to me. Thanks. Look at ShellExecute using the URL as a parameter. Something like this... ShellExecute( hWnd, "open", http://www.microsoft.com/, NULL, NULL, SW_SHOWNORMAL ); hWnd is the handle to the parent window or you can use GetDesktopWindow() to make the Desktop the parent. HTH -- ============ Frank Hickman NobleSoft, Inc. ============ Replace the _nosp@m_ with @ to reply. <anonymous@coolgroups.com> wr...