Manually Posting Monthly Draws from a Another Account

I am trying to determine the best way to post a monthly draw amount in a
mutual fund cash account (share price always $1) that occurs on the 5th of
each month.  Money automatically picks up the deposit in my checking account,
but I need to post the change in the mutual fund so that it shows up
correctly for reporting as a reduction for the fund.  It would be nice if I
could have Money do it automatically each month, as well.  I currently have
entered the draw as a "remove shares" type transaction, but I am not sure if
that is the correct way.
--
--garyr
0

You need to enter some Sell transactions. Sadly, these cannot be scheduled.

In microsoft.public.money, garyr wrote:

>I am trying to determine the best way to post a monthly draw amount in a
>mutual fund cash account (share price always $1) that occurs on the 5th of
>each month.  Money automatically picks up the deposit in my checking account,
>but I need to post the change in the mutual fund so that it shows up
>correctly for reporting as a reduction for the fund.  It would be nice if I
>could have Money do it automatically each month, as well.  I currently have
>entered the draw as a "remove shares" type transaction, but I am not sure if
>that is the correct way.

Schedule a transfer from the associated cash transactions account.
When you get around to it, enter a sell to re-zero the cash account.
0
via_newsgroup (13114)

Reply emails fail with multiple accounts
I am using Outlook 2003 with several different email accounts (work, everyday personal, protected personal, and another being phased out). My primary account seems to work fine. Whenever I try to reply to an email that is not my default primary account the outbound email just sits in the outbox. I don't get any error messages so I'm not sure if the problem is Outlook or the email service. Any ideas how to fix this so I can use multiple email accounts from Outlook? Even if they knew, they shouldn't be telling you...the beta is not public yet. -- Jocelyn Fiorello MVP ...

Can't add new accounts
Whenever I try to add a new account to my money file I get a message saying: "A file needed to run the Planner is either missing or corrupted. To resolve this problem, reinstall Money and then reopen your Money file." I have tried reinstalling as suggested and same thing happens. I get the same error message. I am using Money 2004 Standard V12.0. If I create a new Money file and add an account it works fine. I also tried starting from the backup and did a a repair only to get the same message. You can get a registry fix from http://www.mvps.org/money/faq.htm for this -- Glyn...

exe not running in another system
hi, I created a mfc dialog app . In that I have used rich textbox , commandialog control ,some push buttons ,some radio buttons and one worker thread. it is runnig in only that system which is having vc++. i supplied all the dll's to another system but it is not working . how to over come this problem pls help me urgent. Shiva .. 1) Make sure that you are doing release build. Debug runtime dlls are shipped with VC++ not with OS. 2) Copy depends.exe to the machine where your application does not work and check what dll is missing. -- Vladimir Shiva wrote: > hi, > ...

How to setup name aliases for one email account?
Hello. I have one email address - somewhere@example.com and I need to sent mail with this address from different names. For example: Andrello Buchias <somewhere@example.com> Buchias Andrello <somewhere@example.com> Report Team 17 <somewhere@example.com> However, it doesn't matter what was entered in From: box - the message I sent to myself is always indicated as being from default Andrello Buchias <somewhere@example.com> alias. I didn't find any hints in Outlook 2003 options and it seems that account is created on the Exchange server and this must be so...

Copying Saved Views from one environment to another
Hello, Is there a way to copy Saved Views from one environment to another by exporting the view definitions and importing them in the target environment? I found the following but am not sure if this will let you do the above. http://crm40admin.codeplex.com/ Thank you. Hello BWT, Addon Nice Server has a dedicated tool in its toolbox, copying data between CRM servers. CS http://www.addonnice.com Imagine CRM - CRM @Commerce "BWT" <BWT@discussions.microsoft.com> a écrit dans le message de groupe de discussion : EE2A49D2-C51D-475B-A5AF-B48691E51ACD@microsoft.com... >...

Is there an easy way to import the month of January 2008 into my..
Is there an easy way to import the month of January 2008 into my newletter. The month that the template reflects is 2003. I'd rather not have to retype all the numbers each month. I'm sure this is obvious to someone out there. I'm new to Publisher. Thanks anyone who can help. Sharon Hey Sharon, When you have your newsletter or newsletter template opened, when you choose "Page Content" and then under "See also" click on "Insert Page". In the "Insert Newsletter Pages" dialog box there are two drop down boxes (which are probably de...

Deleting accounts #2
When I upgraded to M06 I had some old credit card accounts reappear a duplicates. Same account #'s, different account names. Even thoug these accounts are closed, the updates list transactions for bot accounts. I have tried to merge accounts but when I do this th accounts that I want to merge are not listed. So is there any way can delete the account? I just want to delete the account but tried this and it insists that I close the account. Or if I choos to delete the account it will automatically delete other account from the same bank (why??). Is there a way around this Thanks ...

In Excel, I cannot move my cursor to another cell with arrow keys
In Excel, I cannot move my cursor to another cell with arrow keys. What do I do about this? Make sure Scroll Lock is not activated. -- Best Regards, Luke M "bill" <bill@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:3FF476E4-D191-4EBD-9C7F-2903F9C7D147@microsoft.com... > In Excel, I cannot move my cursor to another cell with arrow keys. What > do I > do about this? JUST PRESS THE SCROLL LOCK BUTTON AND TRY IT WILL COME bill wrote: In Excel, I cannot move my cursor to another cell with arrow keys 25-Mar-10 In Excel, I cannot m...

Performance Monitoring for CRM 4.0 with SCOM or another tool?
Hi. I was wondering if there is a tool/pack that we can use with Microsoft SCOM for CRM performance monitoring (or if the one for MOM can be loaded and used within SCOM). Or, is there a 3rd party tool that I can use? If anyone else is doing anything for perfomance monitoring from the server or even the client side please let me know. We are having users in remote sites that are complaining of "poor performance" but we are still working to determine exactly what the constitutes. In the meanwhile, we want to take some steps to cover the obvious bases (if possible). Best Rega...

account address lookup from the contact quote/order
Some customers deal with individual customer contacts from the sales and opportunity management perspective (opportunities are created under contacts, not accounts), yet Create orders/invoices against Accounts in the financial application. This presents a challange as we would like to create quotes against contacts (they pull a lot of data from the opportunity onto a quote, however we can only use Contact addresses on such quoutes, not parent Account addresses. Needless to say if an Account has 3 addresses used on orders and there are 5 contacts that you sell to at that account we would ...

Trying to code "Age of Account"
Hi everyone, I have a field where I want to calculate the age of a client's account based on their admission date, payment, and balance. Does any one have any suggestions? -- bhsvixon Try using Aging:date() -[admission date] in your query "1encapdiva" wrote: > Hi everyone, > > I have a field where I want to calculate the age of a client's account based > on their admission date, payment, and balance. Does any one have any > suggestions? > -- > bhsvixon What role do payment and balance have in determining the "age&q...

How do I post a question that Needs to show an equation that won't
Dear Excel How do I post a question that needs to show an equation that won't be visually coherent when viewed by this text composer/viewer. Can I send a .jpg that shows the equation to someone ? Thanks ! Dan "Dan McGarigle" <DanMcGarigle@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote: > How do I post a question that needs to show an equation that won't be > visually coherent when viewed by this text composer/viewer. You appear to be using the MS Discussion Groups web interface. To my knowledge, you cannot post attachments. I believe you are limited to text in your posti...

Conditiona format based on format of another cell
can i conditionally format a cell based on the shading of another cell. e.g. i cell A1 is green shade C1 green. If A1 is conditionally formatted use the same rule to apply cf to C1. If A1 isn't conditionally formatted then why is A1 colored green? Use the logic of *WHY* A1 is green to apply the cf to C1. -- Biff Microsoft Excel MVP "Tami" <Tami@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:D6BE7C34-08FB-4E02-AEEF-4ECF3CCC5C98@microsoft.com... > can i conditionally format a cell based on the shading of another cell. > > e.g. i cell A1 i...

Yet another RPC/HTTP question
OK. So I just set up RPC/HTTP and it works great. My setup ISA 2006 EE - internal name ISA.domain.local E2K3 SP2 FE - internal name FE.domain.local, public name mail.domain.com E2K3 SP2 BE - internal name BE.domain.local I have a 3rd party cert issued to mail.domain.com. cert is installed on FE and ISA. The listener on ISA has a default domain. When I login to OWA, I just enter userIZD and password When I start Outlook, I get a login dialog to login to BE.domain.local, I have to use domain\userID and a password. I do I get rid of that login dialog? Asher_N <ashernat@gmail.com> wr...

Moving last info in column of worksheet to another in same workboo
Hi - I am sure this is easy, but I am not savvy with macros and programming in excel to figure this one out. What I need to do is to take the last date entered in a column of one worksheet and "copy" it to into another worksheet of the same workbook. I also need to do that with the last amount (currency formatted) of a column. There are blank cells in the column depending on weather or not there is information entered in that particular cell or not. Any help would be appreciated. Thanks -- sodat96 The following macro will copy the last entry in column B of Sheet1 to cel...

removing forwarded account from hotmail
ok, like a dunce, I went to the windows live website and added my primary email account to forward to my hotmail account, thinking that's the way i should do it, because i didn't see anyway to set up just my primary account from the website [cloud] version. then i realized i should have downloaded the windows live mail to my computer and setup the primary account there. i did that, but now i'm getting duplicate emails: to the primary i set up on the windows live mail, AND to the hotmail account which has the forwarding setup. problem is... I don't see any way to remo...

how to associate outlook today with one or more email accounts
hi all, It appears to me that whenever I add a new email account, there comes up a new fold which is in the SAME level with outlook today . the outlook today INBOX has never been useful . So I am wondering , is there anyway that I can creat accounts without introducing new top level folders, but only keep their inboxes as subdirectories of the outlook today INBOX ? how can do it ? tong If you're adding IMAP or HTTP mail accounts that's what happens. You can't change that behavior. POP3 mail accounts all feed into the common Inbox folder under "Outlook ...

formula help
I am working on a spreadsheet and need help developiung a formula (my excel knolwedge is very basic).... In y2, I want a formula that subtracts w2 from x2 but if x2 is > w2 I want y2 to reflect the number in w2. Can anyone help me with that? I will be eternally grateful! I THINK I JUST FIGURED IT OUT!! THE FORMULA I ARRIVED AT IS =IF(X2>W2, W2,SUM(W2,-X2)) DOES THIS SEEM CORRECT? I USED CSE WHEN I ENTERED THE FORMULA You sure that's what you want? You will always get a zero or negative number in Y2 if X2<=W2 =IF(X2>W2,W2,X2-W2) Gord Dibben MS Exc...

Checking Account Ledger Question
Hello, I have a checking account ledger made with excel, pretty simple ledger. My question is this i have a column right before the amount column that says reconciled (meaing that it has hit my statement online) the amount column i enter it in either negative or positve and then i have a cell that says Available balance this i got by just using the sum of the amount column, no my question is this i am attempting to make a cell for my ledger balance i need to figure out how to make it so that if the reconciled cell says no then it will not be added to the sum. Thank you for all of you help W...

How do I copy outgoing messages to another person
Hi, I would like to copy all outgoing messages (To:) to my colleague in the office. Is this possible in MS Outlook and how do I configure this please? You should be able to use the Rules Wizard to do this for you. "Hazel" <Hazel@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:57530D39-2724-405A-9F6F-FBFB41B58F0C@microsoft.com... > Hi, > > I would like to copy all outgoing messages (To:) to my colleague in the > office. Is this possible in MS Outlook and how do I configure this please? ...

COGS/Margin calcs...once sales data posts, able to change?
Using Dynamics GP 7.5, We recently cam out with new finished goods items, and I attempted to set up these new items and corresponding Bill of Materials for them. I made a mistake somewhere along the process, and when inventory and sales data posted, the component goods costs were not captured in the COGS. This created a 100% profit margin for those particular prodcuts in data pulled using Crystal Reports. Is there a way to apply a certain amount of cost to these products that were previously assembled and had sales posted for them? The margins are currently calculating correctly ...

Moving accounts to new business unit
We only have one business unit. We have about 400 accounts. We want to create a new business unit and move some of the accounts to the new business unit. The president of our company wants to see ALL records from ALL business units. A salesperson wants to see ONLY records from her business unit. How can we create new business units and move exising account records to the new business unit? Lynn 1) Create a new BU. (Sales 1, e.g.) 2) Make the parent BU of Sales 1 your existing BU. 3) Open the salesperson's user record, and select Actions | Change Business Unit, and change her BU ...

Ignore an account
I have a joint account with my roommate that we keep our rent/utilities in. I don't want it to show up in my money (or, I at least don't want it to factor into my total account balance). I can't delete the account, unless I remove all accounts for this bank. Is there anything I can do here? Thanks. -Drew In microsoft.public.money, Drew Carter wrote: >I have a joint account with my roommate that we keep our rent/utilities in. >I don't want it to show up in my money (or, I at least don't want it to >factor into my total account balance). I can't de...

Format 8.3568 into: 8 years, 4 months, 8 days, 10 hours, 45 minute
Hello, How can I format the number 8.3568 into: 8 years, 4 months, 8 days, 10 hours, 45 minutes and 7 seconds? Thank you! On Feb 11, 3:56=A0pm, igorin <igo...@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote: > Hello, > > How can I format the number 8.3568 into: > > 8 years, 4 months, 8 days, 10 hours, 45 minutes and 7 seconds? > > Thank you! How does that number relate to the details you've specified? BW Matt http://teachr.blogspot.com To further explain, what follows is the logic behind it: original number: 3,050.232 which equals to: years: 3,0...

NOTE or POST?
I created a new folder into which (using rules) I direct mail from certain senders, however the mail doesn't arrive in the form of a message, but as an envelope icon which I have to double click to see the message. The only difference I can see when I look at the properties for the new folder and others that work fine is that the "When Posting to this folder use......" option is POST for the folders that are OK and NOTE for the new folder - changing it to POST is not an option. Anyone have any idea what's going on? "Mick" <hilsdon@hilsdon.org> wrote in me...