Manually importing stock price history en masse into Money 2005

Hi,

I have Money 2005 Deluxe (Didn't see any reason to upgrade to later
versions, not much functional/features difference). I want to see how my
investment portfolio did over a period of time (say 10 years). Since I
installed Money in year 2005, I have all stock prices updates automatically
since then (by using online stock price updates.) But I want to see
performance before 2005 for historical and statistical purposes of my
portfolio analysis. I can get all historical stock prices in Excel or text or
in some other comma delimited format from MSN or Yahoo Finance (right from
the origination of the stock). Is there any freeware or shareware or some
feature in Money 2005 that letts me import/update all those historical
stock/funds prices in Money?

(I know I can do it manually one by one; by going to “Update prices ->
Update prices manually” But it would take me for ever to do it manually for
say 10 years worth of stock prices in my entire portfolio.  I know updating
all these stock prices for 10 or so years for each of my stock or fund is
going to grow the size of MNY file (but I’m not worried about that.)

PLEASE HELP!!!

Thanks in advance.

SNV

0
SNV (12)
10/15/2006 4:49:01 AM
money 28651 articles. 7 followers. Follow

I can tell you are quite impatient.

The answer is there is no available way to bulk load historic quotes into
Money.

"SNV" <SNV@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
> Is there any freeware or shareware or some
> feature in Money 2005 that letts me import/update all those historical
> stock/funds prices in Money?

Thanks for the answer Dick.

I understand your comment on being impatient as it not easy to understand
circumstances under which 4 messages got posted and one can easily blame on
impatience. Thats human nature. Basically, while trying to post the message,
I got error messages (stating 'failure to post') the first 3 times and only
succeeded in posting the 4th time (when I unchecked 'Notify me of replies'
option). First three messages got posted any way, looks like.

So its important to understand (or ask for) facts before passing comments.

I do appreciate your answer though! You've been most helpful as I regularly
browse through your answers to questions posted by so many people. You've
been tremendously helpful. Thanks again!

SNV

"Dick Watson" wrote:

> I can tell you are quite impatient.
>
> The answer is there is no available way to bulk load historic quotes into
> Money.
>
> "SNV" <SNV@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
> > Is there any freeware or shareware or some
> > feature in Money 2005 that letts me import/update all those historical
> > stock/funds prices in Money?

0
SNV (12)

changing money
HI EVERY BODY I AM NEW IN HERE AND I REALLY NEEDS HELP IN THIS ...PLEASE HELP MR *set up a spreadsheet to calculate the amount of french franc you can buy.all the answers should be rounded to the nearest french franc . you have 1� equals 9.2754 franch franc* thanks a lot -- firouz ------------------------------------------------------------------------ firouz's Profile: http://www.excelforum.com/member.php?action=getinfo&userid=35235 View this thread: http://www.excelforum.com/showthread.php?threadid=550105 ??? =1*9.2754 -- Don Guillett SalesAid Software dguillett1@austin.rr...

Money cannot start
Can anybody help me? I cannot start Money. There is an error when I open Money Deluxe 2004: Runtime error! This application has requested the Runtime to terminate it in an unusual way. Please contact the application's support team for more information. In microsoft.public.money, Pham wrote: >Can anybody help me? I cannot start Money. There is an >error when I open Money Deluxe 2004: > Runtime error! > This application has requested the Runtime to terminate >it in an unusual way. Please contact the application's >support team for more information. > ...

Cost basis for Money market !
I just ran a cap gains report for 2008 to date ( to make sure no LT sales yet ). LT cap gain report for 2008 only shows my "Fidelity Select Money Market" which isn't really a sale. I've moved money out 12 times so shows 12 sales. Sales Proceeds = Purchase Cost as I expect , BUT GAIN/Loss column shows $13,707 gain . Anyone been here/done that ? A few years ago I closed/transferred one account into this account ( my bank statements were stolen from mailbox so I closed accounts) and maybe it considers that original money - zero cost ?? So as I sell it's a gain ? If...

Help with MSN Synchronization-Money 2007
Hello, I have been using money for several years and have just recently upgraded to money 2007. Anyhow, I've noticed since I started using it my information has not updated on MSN money the web site (account transactions,balances, etc.) It also does not show my balance on my checking account (it says N/A) and it used to show it before. Is there some setting that has gotten screwed up somehow? Has anyone else had this problem? Does anyone know if any fixes? I've done everything the knowledge base article said-no results. Any help is appreciated. Thanks, Dan Money comes wit...

Recording a charitable donation in MSM 2005
How do I record a charitable donation in MSM 2005? There is no one answer. You also provide precious little context to give a precise answer. Many people assign the transaction to some expense category like "Charitable Donation:Cash" or "Charitable Donation:Non Cash". "Cary" <carygee@aol.com> wrote in message news:OKrvtsfaFHA.3048@TK2MSFTNGP12.phx.gbl... > How do I record a charitable donation in MSM 2005? Dick Watson wrote: > There is no one answer. You also provide precious little context to give a > precise answer. > > Many peop...

WTF is wrong with MS Money 2007 Updates?
For the past few days the updating of pportfolio prices has been intermittent. This morning, an hour after the market has opened, the prices have still not updated. Anybody else having this problem? Anyone have a clue @ what the problem is? I usually find the program helpful, but sometimes it can be a real PITA. Tx, FD 90% of my portfolio update requests also fail - the online update arrows just spin endlessly. Like you, this has been happening for several days. Updates used to be pretty much rock-solid - no more. Using MS Money Plus Deluxe. Dave "FumDuk" wrote: > ...

Money 98 Delete symbols from obsolete symbols file
My obsolete symbols ,txt has over 250 symbols so when I go on line to update stock market prices I have to uncheck several manually on the pop=up window which says it can't search for over 250 symbols. I can not figure out how to empty or permanently eliminate uneeded symbols from this file. Anybody got any ideas? Howard In microsoft.public.money, Howard wrote: >My obsolete symbols ,txt has over 250 symbols so when I go >on line to update stock market prices I have to uncheck >several manually on the pop=up window which says it can't >search for over 250 symbol...

Money Premium 2005 #2
I had to reload my computer, how to I get Money again which I already paid for and downloaded earlier. Re-download the trial. Re-login to Passport from Money. Next time just buy the CD and avoid problems like this. "Shane" <Shane@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:861274DB-1B68-460A-8CA9-E2CC9742DAEF@microsoft.com... >I had to reload my computer, how to I get Money again which I already paid > for and downloaded earlier. ...

Import Emails
Hi Is it somehow possible to import all "old" emails from Outlook to MSCRM 3.0 History? Same question to the Journal Entries... Has anyone done that before? Thanks for any Help. Regards Mike I'd like to see an answer to this question too. I've just installed CRM 3.0 and imported my accounts and contacts no problem. I now have 15 email inboxes that each contain 1000s of emails that I want to load in as activity history - matching them up with the contact records. I know you can do this 1 by 1, but it takes about 10 clicks per message. Is there any way to automate thi...

Import #2
I want to import contacts against accounts. But wherever there are multiple contacts to a parent account crm 3.0 doesn't allow the import. Any ideas for a workaround? Dear Faiz, You can use scribe or write your own import routine for multiple contacts import. -- Regards, MS CRM Certified Professional http://microsoftcrm3.blogspot.com Chat with me on MSN / Gmail / Skype : ID Is :.. mscrmexpert@gmail.com "Faiz Amir" wrote: > I want to import contacts against accounts. But wherever there are multiple > contacts to a parent account crm 3.0 doesn't allow ...

Importing of customizations is not complete
Hello, I develop on a separate server, the customizations are exported and then imported and published on the production server. Even though I get no error messages not all customizations are loaded in the production CRM! As far as I can judge it concerns relatively "small" modifications such as the modification of the display name of an attribute. I can find the modified display name in the XML file but it doesn’t get loaded! Any ideas? Thanks, Jan ...

Exporting and Importing data
I am replacing my bosses machine with a new dell laptop. I need to move his outlook over and he wants it exactly as it is on his old machine. Will someone explain the easiest and most efficient way to do this? If you are using exchange mailbox then the only thing you need to move over is your boss's .pst and .pab files. If he don't have those two files then you don't need to do anything. All the information is stored on the server. Just reconfigure the new Outlook with his exchange mail information. "lsoliz" <anonymous@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in...

2003 Money (Can I -) question
Is it possible to change or preset defaults for the drop down fields used to create new recurring bill under [Bills & Deposits]? For example; [Write Check] is the default in the payment method. I want it to be [Print Check]. [Monthly] is default for the frequency and I want [Only Once]. I would like to be able to set my most used selections as defaults. Thanks - Andy Nope. "Andy" <a1cotton@knology.net> wrote in message news:079b01c392c3$6cfe0290$a301280a@phx.gbl... > Is it possible to change or preset defaults for the drop > down fields used to create new...

Exporting & Importing Knowledgebase 'Subjects'
Hi, I have defined lots of subjects in my development CRM instance and would now like to import/export these to the production system. Is there a procedure for this? If not would the recommendation be to use the Data Migration Framework? (massive hammer for this small nail). Regards -- ________________________________________ Angus Logan (MCAD/MCDBA/MCP) Lead Software Developer Microsoft Application Solutions Data#3 Limited E angus_logan@data3.com.au BLOG www.anguslogan.com ________________________________________ ...

Incompatible version Money 2004 error when opening with Money 2005
I installed Money 2005, download the update, then try to use my existing money 2004 file. I have also make my money 2004 repaired. And success with no error in data structure. But the money 2004 still failed to open with 2005. It said incompatible version with Money 2005. Why? I also have tried using salvage as suggested by microsoft help support, but still failed to open with money 2005. Can somebody help my problem? Thank you. You must stay within region when upgrading UK > UK and US > US is OK but you can't do UK > US. See http://umpmfaq.info/faqdb.php?q=1 -- Re...

Lookup remit to address on check history
Is there anyway to get the address the check was mailed to on the Payables Payments Zoom window? i.e. vendor calls because has not received payment and ask where check was mailed. If Remit To on vendor card has changed since check was written there is no way without having a copy of the check to tell to what address the check was sent. ...

Is there anyway to import a file from Illustrator to Publisher? #2
I work with a graphic artist who uses Illustrator on a Mac. I need to import her files (including graphics) into Publisher to use to do mail merges from an Excel spread sheet. I am running Publisher 2007 on Windows XP. Many thanks for any help................. Can't be done. If it was a file on your computer, you could try a copy and paste but there's no common format for the two programs. -- JoAnn Paules Microsoft MVP - Publisher How to ask a question http://support.microsoft.com/kb/555375 "maggie94306" <maggie94306@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in ...

Money 2004 Trial
Does anyone know if there is an option to upgrade to the regular version of Money 2004 from the Trial Version without having to be shipped a CD? is there a download option from the net? Yes, there is. No, it is **not** recommended by most of us who follow the NG. "Darrin" <deeemoneeey@msn.com> wrote in message news:144601c3919a$0d1b7440$a301280a@phx.gbl... > Does anyone know if there is an option to upgrade to the > regular version of Money 2004 from the Trial Version > without having to be shipped a CD? is there a download > option from the net? Yes there...

Two other Money "issues" I'd like to see fixed before I die
Env: M03 on WinXP Pro After I enter my paycheck, the Forecast Cash Flow reflects two, three, four, five, sometimes maybe even six, times the regular transfer from my paycheck to savings for all future paychecks. Looking in the forecast transactions, there they are: multiple instances of this transfer on the receiving side each week. For some reason, it doesn't reflect multiple occurrences on the sending side. If I edit the scheduled paycheck, retype the exact same amount for this transfer, then save the "updated" scheduled paycheck, Forecast Cash Flow sanity returns. So, every w...

How do I calculate the change in stock price in excel.
How do I calculate the change in stock price from the previous day. Put yesterday's price in cell A1 and today's price in cell A2. In cell A3 put the formula: =A2-A1 -- Gary's Student "Knowledge001" wrote: > How do I calculate the change in stock price from the previous day. ...

How to see P&L for individual lot of stock in MS 05
Is there a report available in MS Money Premium 05 that shows the P&L for each lot of a stock holding? Ex. let's say I bought lot A, 100 shares of Microsoft at $20 and then, one week later, another 50 shares, lot B, at $30. If Microsoft is $25, lot A has a profit of $500 ($25-$20*100) and lot B has a loss of $250. Money 05 shows me a total profit of $250 in Microsoft stock in a few portfolio views but the real information for tax planning purposes is that I have a lot I can sell with a $250 tax loss. Or, if I have a $500 gain in my portfolio for the year, I can sell lot A and...

Money 2006 ghost bills in budget
They're still there in 06. I have a recurring bill on which I revised the amount multiple times. Money has all versions in the budget as separate active bills, and they all appear in the annual budget report. The older versions cannot be removed. I expected this to have been resolved by now. -- Chris Cowles Gainesville, FL ...

Backing up Money data to online location?
2003 does not allow an easy way to save a back-up to an online location, such My Yahoo briefcase. I have to take the file, and upload it manually. Please correct me if I'm wrong. Will there be an online back-up option in future releases? I'd like to see it go to MSN via my Passport, for instance. I'd upgrade for that. Given the size of a backup and the availability of sync with the web, this might not make it anytime soon. "Iron Flatline" <tiredofvirusspam@anonymousnewsgroupreader.org> wrote in message news:emn3z882DHA.3140@tk2msftngp13.phx.gbl... > 2003 doe...

Downloaded "Statement Quantity" does not match Money 2007
I have been using Money's Account Download service with my financial institution (AG Edwards) for over a year with absolutely no problems. Last week I downloaded my last batch of transactions and Money could not reconcile what was in the software vs. what was being reported by AGE. It suggested I add 19 shares of a stock I do not own so that Money and AGE could synch up. Not only have never owned this symbol, but my online AGE account doesn't show that I own it either. Yet the Position Matching screen in Money shows a position for this stock in the "Statement Quantity&q...

Importing from Photshop
I just bought Publisher 2003 and can't seem to import any of my Photoshop files. Will someone tell me how to import my Photshop files into Publisher documents?...I can't even find "photoshop" listed anywhere in Publisher "help" thanks Robert A small child turns to Ed, and exclaims: "Look! Look! A post from islander <anonymous@discussions.microsoft.com>!"... > I just bought Publisher 2003 and can't seem to import any of my > Photoshop files. Will someone tell me how to import my Photshop > files into Publisher documents?...I can't...