M2006 installation

I don't have an internet connection and I can't get past the Passport sign-in
screen upon installation.  Is there a way to install without an internet
connection?  Thank you.
--
Mark M
0

This install is from a CD? Somewhere on that screen or the previous one, in
small type, is a cancel/skip/no I really don't want to use a Passport
choice. I'd be more precise, but I can't test here.

"Mark M" <MarkM@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
> I don't have an internet connection and I can't get past the Passport
sign-in
> screen upon installation.  Is there a way to install without an internet
> connection?

Dick is correct. Passport is not required.  I do not use it.  Just keep
saying no and eventually it stops asking.  However, I do not know how
you will get the upgrades necessary to fix the bugs that are in the CD
version. The current version of M06 Deluxe is 15.0.120.513.  And to my
knowledge the CD installation expects to go the the MS site to upgrade.

Art McClinton

Dick Watson wrote:

> This install is from a CD? Somewhere on that screen or the previous one, in
> small type, is a cancel/skip/no I really don't want to use a Passport
> choice. I'd be more precise, but I can't test here.
>
> "Mark M" <MarkM@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
>
>>I don't have an internet connection and I can't get past the Passport
>
> sign-in
>
>>screen upon installation.  Is there a way to install without an internet
>>connection?

0
art4580 (318)
2/20/2006 10:19:41 PM
Thank you for the reply.  Sorry, my question should have been for a new file
setup and not regarding installation.  The new money file setup wizard (about
the 2nd or 3rd screen into it) wants a Passport login or sign and I can't get
passed it since I don't have an internet connection.  Your thoughts are
welcomed.
--
Mark M

"Dick Watson" wrote:

> This install is from a CD? Somewhere on that screen or the previous one, in
> small type, is a cancel/skip/no I really don't want to use a Passport
> choice. I'd be more precise, but I can't test here.
>
> "Mark M" <MarkM@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
> > I don't have an internet connection and I can't get past the Passport
> sign-in
> > screen upon installation.  Is there a way to install without an internet
> > connection?

0
MarkM (21)
2/22/2006 1:29:29 AM
File|New|New File...

(filename) OK

Next

Decline

Yes

(check) I don't want to use a password for my Money file

Next

Skip Account Setup

Finish

(done)

> Thank you for the reply.  Sorry, my question should have been for a new
> file
> setup and not regarding installation.  The new money file setup wizard
> (about
> the 2nd or 3rd screen into it) wants a Passport login or sign and I can't
> get
> passed it since I don't have an internet connection.  Your thoughts are
> welcomed.

Great.  Thank you so much.  I'll give this a go and let you know how it
turned out.
--
Mark M

"Dick Watson" wrote:

> File|New|New File...
>
> (filename) OK
>
> Next
>
> Decline
>
> Yes
>
> (check) I don't want to use a password for my Money file
>
> Next
>
> Skip Account Setup
>
> Finish
>
> (done)
>
> "Mark M" <MarkM@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
> > Thank you for the reply.  Sorry, my question should have been for a new
> > file
> > setup and not regarding installation.  The new money file setup wizard
> > (about
> > the 2nd or 3rd screen into it) wants a Passport login or sign and I can't
> > get
> > passed it since I don't have an internet connection.  Your thoughts are
> > welcomed.

0
MarkM (21)
2/23/2006 12:08:27 AM
That was it, thank you.  Obviously I wan't reading that Passort signup/login
screen.  I thought it MS Money's EULA, so I was a little confused.  Thanks
again.
--
Mark M

"Dick Watson" wrote:

> File|New|New File...
>
> (filename) OK
>
> Next
>
> Decline
>
> Yes
>
> (check) I don't want to use a password for my Money file
>
> Next
>
> Skip Account Setup
>
> Finish
>
> (done)
>
> "Mark M" <MarkM@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
> > Thank you for the reply.  Sorry, my question should have been for a new
> > file
> > setup and not regarding installation.  The new money file setup wizard
> > (about
> > the 2nd or 3rd screen into it) wants a Passport login or sign and I can't
> > get
> > passed it since I don't have an internet connection.  Your thoughts are
> > welcomed.

0
MarkM (21)

The installation document for HRP Suite needs editing
The installation document HRPSuiteInstallation.PDF omits any reference to uninstalling PTO Manager. It also needs some comments about the upgrade process and a reminder to back up databases before starting table updates. Finally, a customer installing one product in the suite should not need to load all those .cnk files. It causes unnecessary launch file bloat. This document can and should be much more user friendly. Grade - D+ ---------------- This post is a suggestion for Microsoft, and Microsoft responds to the suggestions with the most votes. To vote for this suggestion, click ...

Data Loss from Customers after Installing SP2 with Exchange Mail
> This message is in MIME format. Since your mail reader does not understand this format, some or all of this message may not be legible. --B_3211973973_9913202 Content-type: text/plain; charset="ISO-8859-1" Content-transfer-encoding: 8bit Hi All, I wanted to give you an update regarding Microsoft Office 11.2.0 Service Pack 2 (SP2), which we released Sept. 20th. SP2 has been a resounding success in most cases, however, we have received a few isolated reports of lost data from customers after installing SP2. Known issue: After installing SP2, if an Exchange mailbox is moved ...

CRM 3.0 installation failed on reporting services installation last step
CRM 3.0 installation failed again at last step of installing reporting services. it only says unexpected error occured and error code is 25616. is there a recommended way of CRm 3.0 install? i meant to say that is it preffered to install reporting service seperatly ??? now what i should do with the installation? should i need to prepare the machine again for re-installation? this installation is not helpful as it did not tell any detail error and it says every thing ok on Pre req verification. One further thing i encountered after 25616 error that it displayed me a Message to Retry Abort or ...

What to do after installing CRM?! Problems....
I have just installed MS CRM 1.2 on a SBS2003. Everything went fine but when I try to access the website I get HTTP 400 - Bad request "The page cannot be found". It seems that everything in IIS is OK. Any ideas??? Thanx, Michael. ...

Can't uninstall or install Publisher
I have a problem with Microsoft Office XP. I can install office xp, but I can not install or uninstall Publisher 2002. I am running XP SP2. I tried to uninstall Publisher through Add/Remove Programs it would not uninstall. I tried to repair Publisher with Detect and Repair still it would not remove. \ This is the message that comes up when I try to uninstall or Repair Publisher 2002. "The installation Source for this product is not available. Verify that the source exists and that you can access it. Have a look at the following articles: (325084) "Error 1612. The installa...

Dynamics GP 9.0
When you install Dynamics GP 9.0 from the CD, in the Insallation Type window you will see Server Option or Client Option. The first option should technically say "Server & Client", not just Server. Needless to say, when you Install Server, it installs Client as well. Thanks Girish ---------------- This post is a suggestion for Microsoft, and Microsoft responds to the suggestions with the most votes. To vote for this suggestion, click the "I Agree" button in the message pane. If you do not see the button, follow this link to open the suggestion in the Microsoft...

Yahoo text has multiple deletions since '08 Word was installed
Version: 2008 Operating System: Mac OS X 10.5 (Leopard) Processor: intel I've probably made some basic error with installing Office: mac 2008. Since doing so, I can't read much of anything on Yahoo. Many letters are missing; some are squished together. Is there are a problem with font compatibility? I'd welcome any suggestions on how to fix the problem. Otherwise, I'll need to uninstall and try again, which I suppose is not a bad initial strategy. Please help. Simply shut the computer down, turn it off, then restart. When you restart, you force a rebuilt of the font caches, ...

Installation problem
Windows Server 2003 MS SQL Server 2000 MS CRM 1.2 Windows 2000 with Exchange 2000 - I'm logged on as domain administrator. - SQL Server agent running, service running with domain admin previlegies. Followed these installation instructions: http://www.microsoft.com/technet/prodtechnol/mscrm/mscrm12/deploy/13_ins03.mspx Tried several installation approaches, but keeps getting this error message: Setup was unable to install Microsoft CRM Server. Setup was unable to provision your organisation. Setup was unable to create the root business. Unknow error. (80041D2A) I've spent a huge a...

Microsoft Money 2001 Won't Install 2nd Time Around
Will you help me, please? I had installed MSN Money with no problem. But then I uninstall the software because I load it under a wrong user account. After logging back in under the preferred user, I attemp to reinstall MSN Money the 2nd time around but this time it would not install. It will not do anything. I guess it was a misstake in uninstalling it the first time around. Can anyone tell me what is it I need to do to get the computer to install the software? On Sat, 5 Jun 2010 00:45:10 -0700, Otis <Otis@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote: >Will you help me, please? ...

Out of nowhere, .msi wants to install!!!
Hello- I have Money 2002 OEM with a HP Pavilion (Win XP), and all of a sudden, it wants to install using the incredibly annoying *.msi (in this case money.msi), and I have to hit it about 20 times before it stops and (sometimes) Money installs. Since it's OEM, I can't reinstall using a disk which would make life simple- anybody have a suggestion? Thanks Steve C In addition, when .msi asks for the Money 2002 CD (which I don't have, thank you HP) and I hit cancel, I get the following message: Error 1706.No valid source could be found for product Microsoft Money 2002. T...

Business Portal 2.5 installation error "Unable to validate company information in your backoffice data."
hi, i got this message Unable to validate company information in your backoffice data upon installing Business Postal 2.5 Please help.. tnx Stephen, Thanks for using the newsgroups. The error you got generally means there is a data issue with either the DYNAMICS..SY01500 or DYNAMICS..DB_Upgrade tables. Verify that all companies listed in those tables are still valid in your environment. Thanks, Rob -- Rob Bernhardt Software Quality Assurance Microsoft Business Solutions This posting is provided "AS IS" with no warranties, and confers no rights. "Stephen Lee Glo...

Need help with installing KB978251
I am running vista x86 and this update constantly fails. The only other question about this has no answer. I have tried all the recommended methods in the help file. Tried also on exit - failed. Code 800B0100 is message. Tried System Update Readiness Tool and run it it keeps trying to load another update: hotfix for windows kb947821. What is going on? See the "How to obtain help" section of http://support.microsoft.com/kb/978251 For home users, no-charge support is available by calling 1-866-PCSAFETY (and/or 1-866-234-6020 and/or 1-800-936-5700) in the United St...

READ BEFORE INSTALLING OFFICE 2007 B2TR
The B2TR patch has some nasty surprises for users in store. The most important one being that Word 2007 Beta 2 files saved in the new file formats (extensions docx, docm, etc) might not open at all once B2TR has been installed. Excel files in the file formats (extensions xlsx, xlsm, etc) saved in B2 should open in B2TR. PowerPoint files saved in B2 in the new file formats (extensions pptx, pptm, etc) seem to at least open, but seem to have issues with font size, text placement, and other minor issues. Before installing B2TR therefore, you should save all your files in the 97-2003 file f...

Office SP 2 Installation Creates Warning in Outlook
I installed Office SP 2. Now when I create a new message in "Outlook", I receive a warning , "A program is trying to access e-mail addresses you have stored in Outlook. Do you want to allow this? If this is unexpercted, it may be a virus and you should choose "No"." I am allowed the option with a check box to allow access for a time period from a drop down list. Buttons are YES, NO and Help. I click No and my Contact list appears. When I click Help, the following is presented: A program is trying to access your Address Book A program is trying to access ...

Connector install Error 1935
I use Outlook 2003 with Vista. Everything has worked well until today. When I try to open Outlook I get the following upgrade message: "To continue accessing your main using MS Office Outlook, you must upgrade to the latest version of Outlook Connector." When I try to install the upgrade I get error message 1935. Does anyone have a fix for this problem? ...

KB 91185 won't install from Windows Update
Like a few questions before this one, the 'HID non-user input data filter' updates {2 of them} seem to fail. I did hide them, but now it seems the 2 USB ports on the outside of my tower, no longer work! The 2 on the back of the tower work: they have an optical keyoboard and a printer...both work. When I use devmgmt.msc and disable them, nothing. Then I enable and 'scan for hardware changes', and it seems to put them 'back', but then says there's an error with the ''HID non-user input data filter' again? So I guess I need the fixes, but.....

Install CRM 1.2 Outlook client
I still have problems working with Outlook CRM client 1.2 after installing. The only things who where shown right are the icons in the 2 taskbars. When I push (for example) the CRM home button, the right part of the screen is white. Not any format is visible, only a view words coming from the menu tree and a view picture frames (only the red cross, not the picture). We reinstalled the total server. We are using virtual PC with an image with the 1.2 client version (based on the image of the 1.0 version: reconnected it to the new domain and installed the 1.2 version after uninstalling...

Language of this installation package is not supported by your sys
I downloaded US English SharePoint Designer 2010 install from the Download Center (and again, from MSDN when I first started having issues). When I try to create a silent installation using the same method we used for Office 2007, I get the following error message: 'The language of this installation package is not supported by your system" If I just run setup, with the .msp in the updates folder it works fine (and installs silently), but the way we did it with 2007 was to run a cache-only setup first: C:\source\setup.exe /config C:\source\SharePointDesigner.WW\Cac...

Should Exchange server installed in the same domain controller server
Currently exchange server was installed the same File/printer server. But user access e-mail through Web Outlook Access is very slow when open/send e-mail message. Will this help improving the connection speed of openning/send message through out OWA if we installed the exchanger server in new server? Please help.... Thanks. It may. It depends on where the "slowness" is coming from. Generally, it's a good idea to put Exchange on a separate server if you can afford the hardware and licenses. It helps greatly if you separate Domain Controller function from Exchange function. R...

Field Service Installation Failed in GP 8 with Arabic Collation
Hi All, I unable to install the databse schema to any of the database due to field service does not install on Arabic Collation. Anybody has solution. Regards Akber ...

Outlook 2003 & CRM 3.0 connection error after install.
I am having trouble getting Outlook to connect to my crm server using the laptop installation version. When opening Outlook, I get the error "There is a problem communicating with the Microsoft CRM Server." I have tried uninstall and then reinstall but no luck. Does anyone have any suggestions on getting this issue resolved? Thanks! I have found that if you have any kind of pop-up blocker, the Outlook client will throw an error like that (after waiting for a long time). In my case, I disabled the built-in pop-up blocker that comes with XPsp2 and then it was fine. To ch...

Windows update installation problem under Windows 7 64 bit
This morning I noticed a message in the Action Center saying that there had been a "Windows Update installation problem" dated two days ago. A Windows update did not install properly, it said. I checked my system and application logs for the past week and found no error messages. I checked Windows Update history and I did an update for Internet Explorer 8 on 1/23, two days earlier, that it said completed successfully. I do see there is an Internet Explorer 8 update to be installed.still and am assuming that must be *again*? So I am confused. Do I have a problem or not? How do...

SP3 Install MigrateHotfixes
Hello, we have the problem, that our SP3 installations are running very long. The setup hangs at the point "Cleanup..". If I look in the servicepack-log, this is the line: MigrateHotfixes ... Does anyone know what the installation is doing during this step? Matthias Wolf wrote: > Hello, > > we have the problem, that our SP3 installations are running very long. > The setup hangs at the point "Cleanup..". > If I look in the servicepack-log, this is the line: > > MigrateHotfixes ... > > Does anyone know what the installation is ...

Install these internet update from the M$ Corporation
--erjmugzdeycoj Content-Type: multipart/related; boundary="zfmdubnjqot"; type="multipart/alternative" --zfmdubnjqot Content-Type: multipart/alternative; boundary="raskbxjjzmn" --raskbxjjzmn Content-Type: text/plain Content-Transfer-Encoding: quoted-printable Microsoft Consumer this is the latest version of security update, the "November 2003, Cumulative Patch" update which eliminates all known security vulnerabilities affecting MS Internet Explorer, MS Outlook and MS Outlook Express as well as three new vulnerabilities. Install now to protect your c...

Installing CRM Server on AD Machine
When I try to install CRM Server on my AD Machine I am getting the following message: "Your Active Directory deployment must be in native mode." I was looking for some guidance... I am not sure where to go from here. Thank you in advance. First you need to switch to Native Mode, second forget doing it anyway for now, you can not install CRM on a DC. It will fail. Sorry fro the bad news. "Stan Guss" <anonymous@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:01e701c3c1ee$2c67c040$a501280a@phx.gbl... > When I try to install CRM Server on my AD Machine I am &...