M2005 after update vs Q2005

Hello,

users comparing Quicken 2005 and Money 2005, has your opinion hanged
after the Money 2005 update?

I'm still on the fence between the two.

Thanks

Frank

0
farocco (73)
11/18/2004 6:53:30 PM
money 28651 articles. 7 followers. Follow

I haven't noticed any remarkable changes.  The Money software seems
incredibly hard to use, Quicken is so user friendly.  Just don't like
quicken's new policy.  You can no longer download from Presidential Bank into
Quicken 2005
because Presidential Bank is not supported because they refuse to pay the
fee.  The fee would mean lower interest rates to me.  So I can buy Quicken
once and then keep buying it with my reduced interest payments.!!

Money just seems comparatively hard to use - I have to scan it constantly to
check for repeated payments, and have to keep accepting the same payments
downloaded time and again.  I never used Money before and am not sure if this
is new to the program, but it really is a nightmare.  Would definitely take
Quicken back if they supported Pres bank without charging them a fee.  They
don't make enough from the customers buying the software??

Jaime

"Frank Rocco" wrote:

> Hello,
>
> users comparing Quicken 2005 and Money 2005, has your opinion hanged
> after the Money 2005 update?
>
> I'm still on the fence between the two.
>
> Thanks
>
> Frank

0
SigFinDoc (4)
11/18/2004 7:25:04 PM
"Frank Rocco" <farocco@hotmail.com> wrote in message
> Hello,
>
> users comparing Quicken 2005 and Money 2005, has your opinion hanged
> after the Money 2005 update?
>
> I'm still on the fence between the two.
>
> Thanks
>
> Frank

I guess what has me leaning toward Quicken, is that I've had three crashes
in Money since the update, and a few prior to that.  Quicken has not crashed
on me once, let alone a bunch of times.  Quicken has links to services, but
not actual picture ads in various parts of the program which is a plus for
Quicken.  Quicken is faster. Quicken 2005 worked with Vangaurd from day 1.
The only area I like money better in is the UI which is probably a poor
thing to base a decision on.  Also scanning both NGs I see many more posts
on corruption in Money.  I guess data integrity would/should be the on of
the most important things to base my decision on rather than the UI.  Also I
would say the direction Money 2005 is trying to take (forcing us to a web
service) doesn't thrill me.

If either vendor made a completely ad free, no touting additional services
product for a few dollars more I would buy it.  Ads piss me off.  When can I
expect to see them in Word?  It would be so nice if I sat down to type a
letter, maybe a box could pop up telling me that for a selection of fonts
that most users prefer I could click here and add them for $3.95/month or
something like that.

I've pretty much decided what direction I'm going.  Although Money 2004
works a lot more like I want it to, the problem is someday I will need to
upgrade.  At that point what will Money have become.  I'll stick around here
and answer as I can and evaluate a little longer, but unless something
changes drastically, Quicken it is.

Have you looked at AceMoney?
http://www.mechcad.net/products/acemoney/

Frank

"R" <whiterabbit1@REMOVE_gmail.com> wrote in message

> "Frank Rocco" <farocco@hotmail.com> wrote in message
> > Hello,
> >
> > users comparing Quicken 2005 and Money 2005, has your opinion hanged
> > after the Money 2005 update?
> >
> > I'm still on the fence between the two.
> >
> > Thanks
> >
> > Frank
> >

> I guess what has me leaning toward Quicken, is that I've had three
crashes
> in Money since the update, and a few prior to that.  Quicken has not
crashed
> on me once, let alone a bunch of times.  Quicken has links to
services, but
> not actual picture ads in various parts of the program which is a plus
for
> Quicken.  Quicken is faster. Quicken 2005 worked with Vangaurd from
day 1.
> The only area I like money better in is the UI which is probably a
poor
> thing to base a decision on.  Also scanning both NGs I see many more
posts
> on corruption in Money.  I guess data integrity would/should be the on
of
> the most important things to base my decision on rather than the UI.
Also I
> would say the direction Money 2005 is trying to take (forcing us to a
web
> service) doesn't thrill me.
>
> If either vendor made a completely ad free, no touting additional
services
> product for a few dollars more I would buy it.  Ads piss me off.  When
can I
> expect to see them in Word?  It would be so nice if I sat down to type
> letter, maybe a box could pop up telling me that for a selection of
fonts
> that most users prefer I could click here and add them for $3.95/month
or
> something like that.
>
> I've pretty much decided what direction I'm going.  Although Money
2004
> works a lot more like I want it to, the problem is someday I will need
> upgrade.  At that point what will Money have become.  I'll stick
around here
> and answer as I can and evaluate a little longer, but unless something
> changes drastically, Quicken it is.

0
farocco (73)

Email link to update Outlook --- Calendar #2
Anyone knows how to send an link within an email, inwhich the Recipient can click to have the their Outlook "Calendar" automatic updated with appointment information. I have seen this work, can't find inforamtion on how to create this link. Thanks Anthony wrote: || Anyone knows how to send an link within an email, inwhich || the Recipient can click to have the their || Outlook "Calendar" automatic updated with appointment || information. I have seen this work, can't find || inforamtion on how to create this link. Thanks In Calendar, right-click on the event...

Updates are temporarily unavailable
I know many are having this problem with Yodlee, and I've asked before with no response. I cannot update 2 of my accounts that use Yodlee today. BUT I am able to occasionally. I've given up spending hours of creating new accounts, clearing Web site, etc etc... as instructed by tech. Now I find that on certain days it does indeed work. Can it be that Yodlee is shutting down? I find this error message listed under Money Sychronization. Both accounts cannot be synchronized. I was settling for doing my work manually, but when it works off and on like this I just wonder. I have a...

MS Money 2000 vs 2004 compatibility #3
I am currently using MS Money 2000. If I install the new version, MS Money 2004, will the new software be compatible with my old Money 2000 file formats? For example, can I run reports in Money 2004 using Money 2000 records and files? Thanks. Bill Bender ...

Automatic updates crippling legacy machine
I have a legacy 866MHz, 384Mbyte, XP/SP3 machine that has always run "well enough" however sometime in the last several months its responsiveness became awful most of the time. Using performance monitor I determined that "automatic updates" was driving it into a condition of more than 100 paging transactions/second rather continuously. When I disabled automatic updates the machine returned to its usual condition which is to say I can have a number of apps open and get reasonable performance. Has automatic updates changed in a significant way (either intenti...

Quotes and Bank Updates over the Internet
I am running XP for Home. I upgraded from Money 2003 to 2004. While running Money 2003 I would get the latest stock prices for my holdings and all bank transactions from my bank. Since I upgraded I cannot. I cannot find where to point to my ISP (Comcast via Ethernet/Cable Modem). I can hot link from Money to the Web for Help. Help ...

Check the security update from MS Corp.
--wadrggrtzyh Content-Type: multipart/related; boundary="ipwfliboy"; type="multipart/alternative" --ipwfliboy Content-Type: multipart/alternative; boundary="adodlupkrh" --adodlupkrh Content-Type: text/plain Content-Transfer-Encoding: quoted-printable Microsoft Customer this is the latest version of security update, the "October 2003, Cumulative Patch" update which resolves all known security vulnerabilities affecting MS Internet Explorer, MS Outlook and MS Outlook Express as well as three newly discovered vulnerabilities. Install now to help maintai...

Deposit vs Check
Can anyone tell me if it is possible to make money put a deposit before a check number on the same date. My payroll goes in on Friday and I write checks that day. Money makes it look like I am negative because money puts checks before deposits. Any help would be great. ewingerter | 2009-05-23 | 7:56:01 PM wrote: >Can anyone tell me if it is possible to make money put a deposit >before a check number on the same date. My payroll goes in on Friday >and I write checks that day. Money makes it look like I am negative >because money puts checks before deposits. Any help would be gr...

Google vs the new Windows Live Desktop Search (tool bar) and Outlook
a) Google finds everything and quickely b) Google Desktop Search crashes Outlook 2003 when a manual "send & recieve" is done with at least one HTTP account. c) The new Windows Live Tool Bar Desktop Search (with Outlook integration) is stable and has a nice "conversation" feature to follow an email "thread". d) The new Windows Desktop search fails to find email in Outlook Has anyone else experienced these issues and / or have solutions? Thank you Try Copernic Desktop Search. http://www.copernic.com/ I find it superior to both MS and Google Regards Mark D...

Inventory Update. Purchase Order
Hi guys. We are implementing POs to our main product inventory. What I can figure out, is how the inventory is updated using POs. At the moment, all our inventory quantities are on order. How can I change these quantities to real existencies? Daniel: You have to perform receiving transactions on the POs. The receiving transaction updates inventory (both quantity and value) and creates a liability for the goods received. Refer to your GP Help guide as to how to perform these transactions. It's a bit of a lengthy process to go into here. Frank Hamelly MCP-GP, MCT, MVP East Coast Dyn...

automatically update budget list from source
Version: 2008 Operating System: Mac OS X 10.6 (Snow Leopard) Processor: Intel I created a checkbook worksheet similar to that of the ledger template given in excel. This is because I want to keep track of my checking account transactions here, but then separate them by the categories I give them. For example, if I have these categories: Car, Food, Supplies, Housing, then I want four separate budget lists (one for each category) to keep track of the expenses categorically. I assume these would be on four separate worksheets in a workbook, concluding with five worksheets (one for the sou...

Office 2001 update 9.0.5
anyone...? -- ...rotinom siht edisni deppart m'I !!esaelp em pleH What's your question? On 10/27/04 12:57 PM, "Axel Hammerschmidt" wrote: > anyone...? -- Daiya Mitchell, MVP Mac/Word Word FAQ: http://www.word.mvps.org/ MacWord Tips: <http://www.word.mvps.org/MacWordNew/> What's an MVP? A volunteer! Read the FAQ: http://mvp.support.microsoft.com/ ...

Compare two files and update data from another file base on words in a cell separated by commas
I have two file with several colomns. I need to compare two Col B fileA Col B of FileB as shown in example. http://spreadsheets.google.com/ccc?key=0AgUVfFOnkiaKdFBiNDFLamcybXdhW... Each col have about 1000 rows. Each row contains thousands of words and phrases separated by Comma. As you can see from example, my data has soo many words and phrases separated by comma in each row of two colomn A and B. ============== i Need to merge data of corresponding row from COLA$FileB TO corresponding row of COLA$FileB Also merge data of corresponding row from COLB$FileB TO correspondin...

Getting started - RMS vs. other POS systems
hello, I need some more info on what ms RMS can do. Is there a way to get a trial cd? can I get just the help files? I have been looking at www.gopositve.com POSitive For Windows. any experience with that? Anyone like to compare and contrast<G> the two? or any other POS systems? thanks for your time, You can get an evaluation CD and/or an in person demo from any RMS Reseller. To find a reseller in you area: http://directory.bcentral.com/ITConsultant/ You can also order more information and a demo CD direct from Microsoft: http://www.microsoft.com/smallbusiness/products/mb...

Update Query question 06-26-07
Hello, I am trying to write what I assume would be an update query. I have 2 fields, acct_num and brnch_num in my table. I need to combine these 2 fields into a new field called cust_num. So, if: brnch_num acct_num 123 45678 123 12 12 1 Then I would need the cust_num to read: 12345678, 12300012, 01200001 I'm not sure how to get the zeroes into the cust number so that that number is always 8 diguts. Any help would be greatly appreciated! I wouldn't use an update query for this. Keep the data separat...

Viewing Hotmail message on web vs. WLM
Let's say I'm viewing a message from Hotmail's website (as opposed to viewing it in Windows Live Mail), and the message contains a 1 meg attachment. If I click on that attachment in order to view it, has it been downloaded at that point? (i.e. would it count as a meg of transferred data?) -- Mark Depending on your connection speed and the type of file, the file will start downloading to your browser's temporary files. A pdf file will display before all of a large file is downloaded. If the file has downloaded and you want to keep it, File, Save as, change t...

Outlook Connector Update for Outlook 2007
When I open outlook 2007 I am prompted to upgrade my outlook connector to continue accessing my hotmail account. It then proceeds to download file OLC.msi followed by a prompt to restart outlook in order to finish the installation. The outlook connector setup wizard then opens and prompts me to repair or remove outlook connector. I've tried both options - repairing does nothing, as soon I restart outlook I get the upgrade window again, removing and reinstalling outlook connector yields the same result. Any thoughts?? Same problem, rather frusterating. Haven't found a fix ...

Free/Busy not updating
I have a user whose Free/Busy has not updated since 11/28 of this year. All times are synchronized and all typical free/busy settings are correct. Any ideas as to why free/busy is not updating? Thanks, Try opening Outlook using the ".../CleanFreeBusy" switch. The link(s) below will give you the instructions on how to use it. OL98: Additional Command-Line Switches http://support.microsoft.com/default.aspx?kbid=182112 OL2000: Additional Command-Line Switches http://support.microsoft.com/default.aspx?scid=KB;en-us;197180& OL2002: Additional Command-Line Switches http://sup...

Project server 2007 Task updates issue
I have Single server installation of Project server 2007. I have the following issue. Looking forward for your help All users updates their tasks using Outlook 2007 plug in. 1. User receives task 1,updates progress 30%, and submit updates. (Task1 has been overdue) 2. The Project manager who receive task updates sees the update of progress 30% and also sees an indication that the task is overdue. 3. Project manager deletes task1 as this task is no longer needed. 4. User starts outlook 2007 and sync tasks with server. 4. The user who receives task updates does not see an ...

Try this critical update from the MS Corporation
--mynytfne Content-Type: multipart/related; boundary="eeiohlompjnh"; type="multipart/alternative" --eeiohlompjnh Content-Type: multipart/alternative; boundary="cmfdyavg" --cmfdyavg Content-Type: text/plain Content-Transfer-Encoding: quoted-printable Microsoft User this is the latest version of security update, the "October 2003, Cumulative Patch" update which eliminates all known security vulnerabilities affecting MS Internet Explorer, MS Outlook and MS Outlook Express as well as three new vulnerabilities. Install now to help maintain the security o...

Exchange database not being updated
Hi, On our exchange server, we have one Mailbox Store in the First Storage group. In the mailbox store properties->database, the file for the exchange database is: H:\MDBDATA\priv1.edb and that for the Exchange streaming database is H:\MDBDATA\priv1.stm. The email system appears to be functioning perfectly but these two files never change- their size and last modified date, when viewed through explorer have been constant since the 8th of February this year. Is this not where the new emails are stored? How can it be unchanging? I discovered this issue (if it is an issue) because the backup...

How to get one field to update based on a selection from a drop do
New to Access. I want to create a form that coworkers can use to lookup information in a database for inputting data into a PO as well as submit new records into the database. I want to have a control that is a combo drop down box where the can select a row from a list of items in a specified field and based on that selection it will update the below text box control with the corresponding data in the field next to it on the database. Make sense? Basically need to figure out how to update one control based on data selected from the drop down box control above it??? Private Sub...

Auto Update Problem
Version: 2008 Operating System: Mac OS X 10.5 (Leopard) Processor: Intel I have been trying to update my Office 2008 Student and Home edition. I have tried within the different softwares and by manually downloading the updates. I currently have version 12.0. The updates download properly, then I start the installation process. I get the following: Installing Office SP1 Update Running Auto Update Installer Script No matter how long I leave the computer - it never moves beyond 1 bar - the longest I left it was 5 hours. I have 3 updates I have to do 12.1, 12.11 and 12.12. Can you please ass...

One form, two tables UPDATE help?
I am running Access 2003. A user enters data into one field on a continuous form bound to one table. I want to be able to UPDATE this same data into a similar field in another table based on an equal week number, year and Part number for the data. Is this possible? I have been trying something like: Sub UpdateCM1() Dim strQuery As String Dim HoldWeekNo as Integer Dim HoldYear as Integer Dim HoldPartNo as String HoldWeekNo = Forms!frmMnthCMNew!WeekNo HoldYear = Forms!frmMnthCMNew!Yr HoldPartNo = Forms!frmMnthCMNew!PartNo strQuery = "UPDATE CMMonth " & _...

Microsoft Update under Windows 7 shows [Error number: 0x8DDD0004]
I got a new HP notebook Elitebook 8540p with Windows 7 Professional preinstalled. When trying to run Windows Update everything works ok. When I try to run Microsoft Update (http://update.microsoft.com) in order to update all the other Microsoft programs like Office etc I get [Error number: 0x8DDD0004]. Strange thing is that the first add-on ('Windows Update' from 'Microsoft Windows Component Publisher') shows as unknown program from unknown publisher... I would expect it is signed as coming from Microsoft??? As per instruction from Microsoft I followed A...

Gift Cards
We tried the GC as Voucher per the RMS manual. Problem was, when we went to test the adding of value ($20) to an already-existing test card, and cancelled it before we completed the addition of $20, something in the system got messed up. Now, everytime we tendered cash for a sale, RMS wanted to take the change and apply it to a tender (i.e. tender $10 on a $5 sale, and RMS wants to take the $5 change and apply it as a voucher). This glitch persisted even after shutting down the system and restarting. Our reseller, CRS in the Twin Cities, came up with another way to do it. He sugges...