M05 update fails.

Uninstalled M04 and installed M05 over a week ago.  M05 said an update was
available.  I let it run and it said "Update Complete".  Now, EVERY time I
shut down Money, I get "Money is attempting to install an update. To
complete, restart Windows, and then Money".  In the last week, I tried the
following to no avail. I've re-run the update several times, deleteted the
mnyupdate.log several times and  restored the registry to several previouse
dates. It still gives me this msg EVERY time I shut Money down. Any Ideas or
should I just go back to M04????
Frank

0
fjmet (12)
10/14/2004 2:01:19 AM
money 28651 articles. 7 followers. Follow

Edit, Delete, or Update EXTERNAL DATA in EXCEL?
Hi, I am trying to use Microsoft Excel with external data source. I imported the data using the ODBC driver. However, the problem is that once I press the refresh button the changes made in Excel sheet are lost and old data is restores from the Data source. However, I can edit data in the Microsoft query. Is there any way that I can Edit, Delete, or Update EXTERNAL DATA in EXCEL? Any links will help With Rgds, ...

Update all docvariables in all active documents
Hi, Can anyone tell me how to use VBA to update all docvariable fields in all active documents? I know how to update a single document, but I'm having trouble cycling through all active documents. Thank you, Rob Probably a bit of overkill as this would update "all" fields (not just docVariables fields). Sub ScratchMaco() Dim oDoc As Word.Document For Each oDoc In Documents UpdateFields oDoc Next oDoc End Sub Sub UpdateFields(Doc As Word.Document) Dim pRange As Word.Range Dim oShp As Shape Dim iLink As Long Dim TOC As TableOfContents Dim TOF As TableO...

Update on MSCRM Jscript problem
I have discovered that if you replace window.open('http://strongbad/reports/viewer/html/viewer.aspx?id=398&sf=({qu ote.quotenumber})=\'QUO-01002-9QRYHR\'') with window.open('http://strongbad/reports/viewer/html/viewer.aspx?id=398%26sf=({ quote.quotenumber})=\'QUO-01002-9QRYHR\'') (replace the & with a %26) in the onchange event of a picklist, the quote page will display and you can call the report by changing the value in the picklist. However, you will get an error returned by the report viewer that doesn't like the %26. If, in the report view...

Unable to update free/busy time
Hi there, This morning I installed the Exchange 2000 post-sp3 rollup on our small business server. Since then users have been getting messages from Outlook saying that it can't update free/busy time on the server. Prior to installing the rollup we did not get the errors. I had a look at the event log on the server and it is filling up with EventID: 1546 errors, the description is: Workflow event sink error [event: OnSyncSave, URL: <file://./backofficestorage/test.com.au/Public Folders/NON_IPM_SUBTREE/SCHEDULE+ FREE BUSY/EX:_xF8FF_o=DSPACE_xF8FF_ou=first administrative group/USER-_xF8...

Download fails from Wells Fargo
When attempting to download Wells Fargo account information, Money 2004 generates a message indicating the file I am attempting to import is invalid or contains corrupt data. Wells Fargo technical folks don't have an answer. Help. CitiBank had the same error yesterday... "Jax" <anonymous@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:281001c47dea$57f1cc20$a501280a@phx.gbl... > When attempting to download Wells Fargo account > information, Money 2004 generates a message indicating > the file I am attempting to import is invalid or contains > corrupt dat...

Office v.X updates disappeared from the Mactopia download page
Updates for Office v.X seemed to have disappeared from the main Mactopia download page. When I search for a 10.1.9 update, I see a link to an update, but that link takes you to the main Mactopia page where there aren't any Office updates except for Office 2004. Does anybody know how to get the Office v.X updates? An ftp site would work also. OK, I found it via a Google search at -<br> <br> &nbsp;<http://www.microsoft.com/downloads/details.aspx?FamilyId=FEA9FD8A-EA16-4B3C-9381-18A389D5599A&displaylang=en><br> <br> It's just pretty lame though that ...

Money "forgets" passwords for online account updates
I am using Money Plus Deluxe. Sometimes but not always, when I try to update my account online transactions it forgets a couple of the passwords. This is not always the same account nor does it happen with any pattern I can see. Any fix and does anyone else see this problem? ...

Money 2005 fails to start on Vista
My Money 2005 was working fine on Vista (see history below) but now when the splash screen comes up it dies with no error message. I've tried uninstall and reinstall using the run by Administrator options, done a registry clean up and still the same thing. I'm at a loss now as to what to do. I'd really rather not upgrade to 2007 but if anyone can offer good reasons why I should it would be appreciated. I'm really getting frustrated with MS and their failure to make Vista compatable to even their own programs! (i.e. issues with Outlook 2002 not storing a password, P...

Exchange Failing when Removing GC from same box
The background: I am trying to install Exchange 2007 but cannot because I have two Windows 2000 DCs with GCs. The two Windows 2000 DCs happen to be on the same boxes as my Exchange 2000 cluster. I have two other Windows 2003 boxes in the same site with all FSMO roles and both are GC. The problem: I'm in a catch 22 because I cannot install Exchange 2007 and when I remove either the GC role from the Windows 2000 boxes or demote them, Exchange fails. The Question: Has anyone come across a situation like this and know of a solution? Thanks In order to install Ex07, you will ne...

Button fails to call macro when open an Excel via Intranet
Hi all, Can someone help me with my with this problem. I have an Excel file with a button to run a small macro: unhide and displys worksheets. It works when the file is opened with Excel. The macro is simple: Sub Button1_Click() Sheets("FF").Visible = True Sheets("FF").Select Range("C1").Select End Sub I need to open it from an intranet site. When user selects the file, the web app retrieves the file and responses to open an Excel file. But on the intrenet I get the following error massage "The macro "GenerateResource.aspx?Resour...

Agent Install on EBS 2008 Failing
I am running DPM 2007 on Windows Storage Server 2003 (Dell DP600 appliance) and trying to protect EBS 2008 which is virtualized. However, I followed the technet article here to setup things: http://technet.microsoft.com/en-us/library/cc512491(WS.10).aspx But I am unable to successfully install the agent on the EBS 2008 servers and get them to talk to DPM. I followed the last part of - To install a DPM protection agent. The agents appear to be installed on the Management, Security and Messaging servers, but cannot seem to attach properly to the DPM server. They show in Err...

Update Unit Price in SOP10200 Remifications?
My company has its own pricing plan that we have not been able to implement in Great Plains (version 7.5 on SQL Server). We are getting ready to write strait SQL to update the UNIT Price on the detail record SOP10200 for an order. What are the Ramifications of doing this. Ideally I would like to know what all else I need to update to do this. Our plan is to use an event of some sort on close of the window that can check and acuratly price our orders... Thanks, Allen Allen, This is not a good idea. The unit price has ramifications all over the place - customer balance, inventoy cost...

Account List Totals not being updated
I have been using Money for several years. I'm now using Money 2003 on my Windows 2000 system. I noticed this morning that the account values in the Account List view were not being updated to agree with Portfolio Values after share prices were downloaded from the Internet. I tried a reinstall and that didn't fix the problem. Then I ran the latest Microsoft "Salvage" utility on my data file and that said the file was okay. If anyone has any helpful suggestions I would love to hear them. If you wish to do so you can contact me at cbritman (at)cox(dot)net Thanks...

Updated reorder quantities
1. How do we update the reorder point and restock levels in HQ, if we change them at the store level? 2. Is there a SQL command to help consolidate the supplier codes? I now have 2 supplier codes for some of my suppliers now that we installed HQ. I had my local partner come in and work a little on this, but he created more problems than solutions. 3. I am also looking for a new RMS partner in the area of California Central Coast. ...

Update Deductions and Benefits with Integration Manager
Is it possible to update deductions and benefits with Integration Manager? I tried to write an integration for this but it is trying to Insert the employee id as a new employee. Thanks in advance! ...

calculations do not update unless page is saved
I have an excel 2003 workbook with 32 tabs the first set of tabs are named according to the date 09-01-09 the last two tabs total all the important info one is 1st - 15th other is 16th - 30th on my total pages the first column is the date 09-01-09 (as Text) and i use the indirect function in my formulas to refer to the individual tab names.. everything works and calculates but it doesnt happen On-the-fly like excel usually does i have to actually hit save for any calculations to update even on the individual tabbed dates formulas like A1+A2 dont display a result untill saved.. did...

Windows Update error 80070103 01-28-10
I installed Creative X-Fi Titaniun audio sound card on my Destop Computer. The drivers on cd that came with this sound card for Vista and XP. I am using Windows 7 and having trouble installing the driver manually. When Windows Update trys to download it, but stops and give me error message "80070103" everytime. Why is it give me error message when there is no driver installed on this computer? Obtain the appropriate driver update (if needed) from the device manufacturer's download page, not Windows Update. TJBuss wrote: > I installed Creative X-Fi Titaniun a...

fail to create IXSSO.Query object
I'm moving classic asp sites from Windows 2000 / IIS 5 to Windows 2008 R2 / IIS 7. We have the "Indexing Service" started. Catalogs were created OK. However, I am unable to create an ixsso.Query object. Get the following error message Microsoft VBScript runtime error '800a01ad' ActiveX component can't create object /HC/ECO/Announcements/Headlines/SearchResults.asp, line 39 ASP code : <% Dim sSearchString Dim oQuery Dim results() ...

calendar updates
I can add events at calendar.live.com but cannot add an event on the desktop. Save and close doesn't work. Why? -- Rupe It should be as simply as opening WLM, go to the calendar and right click on a date. Context menu will appear with an option to add an event. Are you seeing any error messages? Colin Brown WL MVP "Rupe" <Rupe@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:CCC68FEB-E31A-445E-8A97-39515894C888@microsoft.com... > I can add events at calendar.live.com but cannot add an event on the > desktop. > Save and close doesn't work...

Had to Update Money with new license
Hello, My two year subscription on MS Money ended, so i was forced to buy another version to get another 2 years with a new license key. I entered in the new key (did not reinstall the product) and then it started asking me about some online quotes. I made the huge mistake of not reading the messages carefully, and when I did my next update, duplicates of my checking and credit card accounts were created (presumably from MSN Money?). deleting those duplicate accounts from MS Money (the program) did not help, as they would come back when you opened Money next and did an update. I had to go to...

Online stock/fund price update erratic in Money 2002
In the past this function worked OK. Recently, after adding some stocks to the portfolio, I have to go into "Choose stocks to update", uncheck all the other existing stocks, check the new stocks and then do an online update. When I start adding the old stocks back, it will update some, but not all. I am forced to do this unchecking and checking multiple times to get an update done. Any suggestions? try update on the money program. in 2003 there is "internet updates" button on status bar bottom of window. select the "update now" and "money upda...

Excel 2007 fails to open documents
I had no problems with MS Excel 2007 so far, and yesterdays my files saved OK, but today I found Excel can't open neither of my many spreadsheets created before. It crashes and attempts to send a report to MS. Diagnostics suggests the files are placed by MS to "disabled items", but I couldn't find in any help guidelines how to enable files back in Office 2007 (only 2003 and earlier). Also I found that if I try to go to menu MS button/Excel Options/Resources/ Contact US - Excel crashes the same way! Has anybody seen this? Any suggestions? -- VladimirF "VladimirF&q...

WebDav Update Public Folder Contact cannot be Opened by outlook 2000
Exchange Version: 2003 Outlook Version: 2000 with SP3 Problem: I used WebDav to insert / update Public Folder Contact, which is successful. I can navigate to the public folder and see all the items there with correct updates. However, when I click on individual items to view details, I get "can't open this item. you do not have sufficient permission to perform this operation on this object. see the folder contact or your system administrator microsoft outlook public folder contact" This works with OutLook 2002 and 2003, my company has not and will not upgrade outlook for ...

I can't install the 12.2.1 update on Snow Leopard
Version: 2008 Operating System: Mac OS X 10.6 (Snow Leopard) Processor: Intel Office 2008 12.2.1 Update can't be installed on this disk. A version of the software required to install this update was not found on this volume. I guarantee a legitimate copy of Office 2008 for Mac is on my iMac. Any suggestions? On 9/30/09 3:43 PM, in article 59b7d9fc.-1@webcrossing.caR9absDaxw, "kpainte1@officeformac.com" <kpainte1@officeformac.com> wrote: > Office 2008 12.2.1 Update can't be installed on this disk. A version of the > software required to install this update was n...

"Failed to save the rule to the user's mailbox"
There's nothing like being blessed with a problem during a Client's deployment. But there's always a wrinkle. In this case MSFT MBS Support has a nice KB for the issue. https://mbs.microsoft.com/knowledgebase/KBDisplay.aspx?WTNTZSMNWUKNTMMYLSVQUSPTNTNSMQPYXTWZSXKKVXMPOUPXKZZRYZMOSLUMMTOL But it does not cover the situation I have now. It seems that the Exchange administrator configures his user names as "Joe.Carlsbad". Running the query: Select DomainName from systemuserbase shows that there is not a user with the FQDN of the domain. But I did see one successfu...