M00 - Messages when updating stock prices

Hi, all

When I update stock prices from the Internet, I get two messages:

Component Update: The Internet, banking or brokerage server could not
process the request. Please try your call later. (SMC)

Money was unable to retrieve currency exchange rates for Euro...

The stock prices seem to update correctly. Does anyone have any idea how to
get rid of these messages?

Cheers

- rick

0
rick
6/2/2006 2:35:58 AM
money 28651 articles. 7 followers. Follow

Can't Create New Message Outlook 2000
I have a Windows 98 computer running Office 2000 Small Business Edition. Yesterday, mysteriously, it began misbehaving. When clicking on "New" to create a new mail message, you get an hour glass and then a "not responding." When clicking on other shortcuts other weird things happen, i.e. when you click on Tasks it goes to Notes, when you click on Calendar it crashes, when you click on Contacts, it goes to calendar. We have uninstalled Office and gone through the KB article 252566 to manually remove leftover files, but when we reinstall, the same thing happens. ...

Security Update KB975561 could not be installed
After receiving notifications of updates ready to install on an HP Workstation xw4550, as usual, I tried to install the automatic updates, but it failed. The message shown is the same as the title's. OS: Windows XP Professional SP3 in Spanish. Antivirus: Panda AV 3.01.00 See the "How to obtain help" section of http://support.microsoft.com/kb/975561 For home users, no-charge support is available by calling 1-866-PCSAFETY (and/or 1-866-234-6020 and/or 1-800-936-5700) in the United States and in Canada or by contacting your local Microsoft subsidiary. Th...

Error message #32
After opening an e-mail or trying to send an e-mail I receive the following message: Outlook executed an invalid instruction in module <unknown> at 0000:01614ad6. Then details follow. Cannot seem to fix problem. Any suggestions? System is older system with Outlook 2000. ...

Spell Checker When Replying To Messages
We have issues in my company whereby the spell checker is English UK when creating new messages but defaults to English US when replying to messages which we don't want. It's not happening on everyone's machines but on a few. We're using Outlook 2003. Is there a setting on the server that needs to be changed or is this a setting on individual P.C's? Any suggestions would be greatly appreciated. -- Thanks, Lou ...

"file open message window:" outlook.exe
application error when loading up outlook. any thoughts gang? tried basically everything we know here. Lisa ...

RMS
We are going to integrate RMS into Great Plains and i am not sure how Great Plains values stock in the following instances: 1. group level stock values 2. store level stock values 3. inter store transfers (Is the value at group transfer control a/c at store or group ave cost) 4. returns to suppliers from store 5. returns to suppliers from HQ 6. store stock take adjustments (Is the adjustment value - at store or group ave cost) Any clarification on the above would really be helpful. thanks hi Shaun, 1. when you say the group level stock valuation, it is not the case yes it applies once yo...

IDS_RCSYNC_SOAP_SEND_FAILED 80044104 [No error message specified.
What is the solution to the error IDS_RCSYNC_SOAP_SEND_FAILED 80044104 [No error message specified.] Thanks We are having the same problem, and we have been unable to solve. ...

Can't Open email after uploading messages to Exchange 2003 using O
I can't open some email messages that were uploaded to exchange from an Outlook 2000 client. The messages were moved from a PST file to the User's mailbox on exchange 2003 running on SBS2003. I get the following error message when trying to open the email from Outlook 2000: "Can't open this item. Could not complete the operation because the service provider does not support it." When I try to open the email using OWA I get: "HTTP/1.1 501 Not Implemented" When I try to open the email message with Outlook 2003 I get: Can't open this item. When I try to...

Vista Updates
I've just had a look at the "update history" section in Vista, and there are numerous updates with a status of "Failed". Can anyone advise on why they have failed, when others have gone in, and also what I can do to correct the situation? Many TIA Duncs "Duncs" <true.kilted.scot@gmail.com> wrote in message news:uPpx6UzfKHA.2184@TK2MSFTNGP04.phx.gbl... > I've just had a look at the "update history" section in Vista, and there > are numerous updates with a status of "Failed". Can anyone advise on ...

After removing MSNBC personal update can't customize
After I removed MSNBC Personal Update on the instruction of NBC and Microsoft, my Today screen only shows the headers for Calendar, Tasks & Messages. All of my data is in the individual areas, but not on the today screen. When I press "customize Outlook Today" I get the following: (outlook 2000) res://F:\Program%20Files\Microsoft%20Office\Office\1033 \outlwvw.dll/custom.htm then res://F:\Program%20Files\Microsoft%20Office\Office\1033 \outlwvw.dll/custom.htm Any ideas? I've unistalled and reinstalled the software several times already. A lot of people are having pro...

Error opening new messages in Outlook 2000
Running Windows 2000 Pro SP4 with Outlook 2000 SR-1a (didn't go to SR2 due to Outlook Security restrictions) and Kaspersky Internet Security ver. 6.0 with Spam disabled and having no issues until this morning. When I try to open a new email in my Inbox it tells me that Outlook has encountered an error and is closing. This error doesn't occur with all messages and I can find no pattern in the messages that do cause the error. I have noticed on the messages that cause the error that their content is empty in the Preview Pane. Any message opened in a folder other than the Inbox are...

Update user info
With 5.5 there was the galmod tool, is there a tool or method to allow users to update their information in the global address list? The galmod tool works somewhat, there is other fields i would like the user to modify, it is easy in 5.5, but what would I change in 2003? .. ...

With MSMQ use the formatter only in the message level
I use msmq with BinaryMessageFormatter. I usually set the formatter as follows in the queue level. UDP_Dll_Que.Formatter = new BinaryMessageFormatter(); Since I want to use the same queue for more than one kind of messages, I would like to use the formatter only in the message level before sending, as follows System.Messaging.Message MsmqMessageObject = new System.Messaging.Message(MessageObject, new BinaryMessageFormatter()); And in the event callback method, in a similar way. Would it work? Regards Gomez ...

internet update information
Hi there. I have Microsoft Money 99 on my computer, but never used the "update internet information" aspect of it. Now I'd like to get these updates, but when I try to update - I get error messages stating: Product Information: Money was unable to complete the operation. The Internet, banking, or brokerage service you were trying to contact encountered an error. Please try your call again later. (SMC) Headline Information: There was a problem with the information received. Product Information: There was a problem with the information received. I am currently using ...

update a list box on a tab
Hello, I have a form that has a Tab control. On the second tab i have a list box. When the data on the main form is updated i need to update the Tab control's list box. Any ideas?? JC Vtek On Nov 14, 8:59 am, Joe C <J...@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote: > Hello, > > I have a form that has a Tab control. On the second tab i have a list box. > When the data on the main form is updated i need to update the Tab control's > list box. Any ideas?? > > JC > Vtek Hello JC. You can go to the properties of a field that you update on the main form and choose &...

Relationship between Product and Price
I have created a new entity call Renewals where all subscription products sold to customers can be tracked (anti virus, web hosting etc). I have created a relationship to the products entity to select the product and place it in the table. My question is whether or not it is possible to have a price field in there that is dynamic, and is the price list price not the product price. I cant see anyway of doing this but I'm hoping you can. It needs to be dynamic as the idea is I can take a look at a company and see what is coming up for renewal and see a current price for the item, no...

Stock presubmission
Hi, I have a problem. My exchange server 2000 is stocking all the mails at the presubmission queue, and is not distributing to the other queues. I check for events, and if the services were running, but everything seems fine. If I restart my server it start to work properly for about 24 hours until the same thing happens again. Do any of you have a clue of what could be happening? TIA -- Ivan Segovia Network Administrator Third party SMTP filtering software installed on the Exchange server, such as, GFI MailEssentials for Exchange, has been known to cause that problem. The resolutio...

discounting price lists
please excuse my newbieness. I have a price made up of about 500 items. I would like to be able to enter a discount (ie 40%) and have excel apply the discount to each item individually in a new column beside the list price. I can do it by creating a formula for each individual box (by typing in a box =d8*a2) but this is too time consuming, I want to be able to change the discount or multiplier amount at any time and have every price change accordingly. Hi Dan! If your discount is in A2 use: =D8*$A$2 When this is copied down the copy will always refer to your discount cell --...

cannot enter update page
The website has encountered a problem and cannot display the page you are trying to view Always state your full Windows version (e.g., WinXP SP3; WinXP 64-bit SP2; Vista SP1; Vista 64-bit SP2; Win7; Win7 64-bit) when posting in a forum or newsgroup. Please do so in your next reply. Error message when you try to install updates from the Windows Update Web site on a Windows XP-based computer: "Windows Update has encountered an error and cannot display the requested page": http://support.microsoft.com/kb/914226 You receive a "Windows Update has encountered an err...

Exchange reboot
On a couple of occasions recently I've been advised of instances of incoming messages bouncing. The timings of these correspond with the Exchange server being rebooted. I would have expected Exchange to handle this by processing all existing SMTP connections and rejecting any new ones during the shutdown process, but I can't find anything to confirm this - does anyone know whether this correct? Messages have been bounced with: 554 5.3.5 deliver: mci=947ee74 rcode=0 errno=9 state=0 sig=[111.111.111.111]: Bad file descriptor 554 5.3.0 Internal error I can work around this by tem...

Message Body Duplicated In Attachment
Outlook 2000 For no apparent reason in the last day or so, messages that I receive in plain text format have the body of the message duplicated in an attached text file with the same name as the message subject. This does not happen with messages in HTML format. Through experimentation, I am certain that the attachment happens on incoming POP3 messages. I can send a message to myself (and the attachment appears) and to others (no attachment appears.) What is causing this and how do I stop it? Tom Shut down Outlook and reopen. It may require a system reboot. It is a problem when Outlo...

online quotes gives errors for all stock symbols
Helping a friend who has money 98. She has not been able to update her stock prices since may 1. All symbols are listed as invalid. Even if I uncheck all but one that one comes back as invalid. Did microsoft stop supporting online quotes for 98? What to do? THanks Yes they have. Need to upgrade to a newer version. -- Regards Bob Peel, Microsoft MVP - Money For UK tips & fixes see http://support.microsoft.com/default.aspx?scid=fh;EN-GB;mny. For wishes or suggestions see http://register.microsoft.com/mswish/suggestion.asp or for UK wishes http://www.microsoft.com/uk/support/money/f...

CRecordset - AddNew() - Update() - Edit()
Hi at all, I'm using CRecordset in my application to connect via odbc to a SQL Server. They work fine but I had a problem. If i try the sequence and the CRecordset has the same key: CRecordset::AddNew() .... some lines later CRecordset::Update() .... some lines later CRecordset::Edit() .... some lines later CRecordset::Update() here i had an exception: "invalid cursor state". Where i am wrong ? thanks in advance roberto On Mon, 31 May 2004 17:47:14 +0200, "Roberto Carcione" <roberto674@supereva.it> wrote: >Hi at all, >I'm using CRecordset in my a...

Updating the item.picturename column
Hi all ~ I'm trying to update the picturename column: UPDATE ITEM SET ITEM.PictureName=IMAGES$.PICTURE --ITEM.ExtendedDescription=SHEET1$.Ext_Discription FROM DBO.IMAGES$,ITEM WHERE ITEM.ITEMLOOKUPCODE=IMAGES$.UPC I recevied the folowing error: Server: Msg 8114, Level 16, State 5, Line 1 Error converting data type nvarchar to float. But both columns, ITEM.PictureName=IMAGES$.PICTURE, are nvarchar data types. Any ideas? hi Jerry, if you think that you are tyring to update the picture i.e. BMP or JPG then it is not correct you need to update the path of the picture or file name of t...

Message box coding.
I am working on a form "A" and i have created a Message box that has 'yes' and 'No' options. if i click on the yes button then it should open up a new form "B (in this case FormAdd)" But if i click on the No option then it should let me stay in the same form that i have been working previsiouly. I have this code here.Can anyone help me as to what i am missing here. Private Sub Form_Open(Cancel As Integer) If IsNull(CompanyID) Or IsNull(InspectorID) Then MsgBox "", vbYesNo + vbCritical + vbDefaultButton2 If Response = vbYes Then DoCmd.OpenForm...