M Money stopped printing checks

For no obvious reason, MM 2002 has stopped printing on my
blank checks.  I've been using money for 3 years and
never encountered this problem.  I looked in program help
and followed its instructions -- File/print setup/check
setup etc but it did not help.  Now when I tell my
program to print a check, it does show print in the
register but the active link on the far left does not
show up.  Can anyone help? TIA
0
anonymous (74722)
10/16/2003 12:17:29 AM
money 28651 articles. 7 followers. Follow

Read the FAQ item for this issue at http://www.bollar.org/msmoney/#Q91.

"ron holland" <anonymous@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
> For no obvious reason, MM 2002 has stopped printing on my
> blank checks.  I've been using money for 3 years and
> never encountered this problem.  I looked in program help
> and followed its instructions -- File/print setup/check
> setup etc but it did not help.  Now when I tell my
> program to print a check, it does show print in the
> register but the active link on the far left does not
> show up.  Can anyone help? TIA

you're a god amongst us users.  Thank you.  Found the solution and it
worked like a champ.

On Wed, 15 Oct 2003 19:17:27 -0600, "Dick Watson"
<littlegreengecko@mind-enufalready-spring.com> wrote:

>Read the FAQ item for this issue at http://www.bollar.org/msmoney/#Q91.
>
>"ron holland" <anonymous@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
>> For no obvious reason, MM 2002 has stopped printing on my
>> blank checks.  I've been using money for 3 years and
>> never encountered this problem.  I looked in program help
>> and followed its instructions -- File/print setup/check
>> setup etc but it did not help.  Now when I tell my
>> program to print a check, it does show print in the
>> register but the active link on the far left does not
>> show up.  Can anyone help? TIA

A lot of posters would complain otherwise, but thanks for the feedback. Glad
this worked for you.

<ronnospamholland@houston.rr.com> wrote in message
> you're a god amongst us users.  Thank you.  Found the solution and it
> worked like a champ.

Right on the nose.
Thanks Again
Ron

On Wed, 15 Oct 2003 19:17:27 -0600, "Dick Watson"
<littlegreengecko@mind-enufalready-spring.com> wrote:

>Read the FAQ item for this issue at http://www.bollar.org/msmoney/#Q91.
>
>"ron holland" <anonymous@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
>> For no obvious reason, MM 2002 has stopped printing on my
>> blank checks.  I've been using money for 3 years and
>> never encountered this problem.  I looked in program help
>> and followed its instructions -- File/print setup/check
>> setup etc but it did not help.  Now when I tell my
>> program to print a check, it does show print in the
>> register but the active link on the far left does not
>> show up.  Can anyone help? TIA

Printing check register #4
Is there a way to print the check register every month. Example print check register from 12/1/07 to 12/30/07. I dont want to print the whole register mine goes back to 1998. I want a hard copy like a checkbook every month. Rick Under reports, try Account Transactions. You can set dates, which account, and which columns you want to see. "Rick" <rick_falls@hotmail.com> wrote in message news:uh0%235lvpHHA.3644@TK2MSFTNGP02.phx.gbl... > Is there a way to print the check register every month. > Example print check reg...

CRM 3.0 Reports:Error when trying to open reports on client m/c
I am unable to access CRM Reports from any other machine except the CRM Server (Physical) box. I logged in as different users on the CRM server and was able to open and see all of the reports based on roles. But I am not able to view reports from any of the client machines. I am accessing Reports through a web-client. Upon trying to access reports through a client machine, I get the message " An error has occurred. For more information, contact your system administrator". This does not tell me anything I do not see anything unusual in the Web server (CRM Server), or the Da...

Easy Money
do not respond to my earlier post not send me anything do not follow any of the directions on that erroneous post I thought it would be "funny"...I do not want any money, mail (email or otherwise) Please realize that this is illegal and respect my wishes to not receive any mail (i get enough crap in the mail already) I apologize for the post and any trouble it might have caused, if I could retract it I would ! Best ...

Publisher
Have set up a small report 10 pages in total but when printing page 9 I get additional blank pages printing and then my page 10 how do I stop this from happening? Open the Design Checker, see if it tells you anything. Is the page visible in print preview? What version Publisher? Is the publication setup as a booklet? Publisher works in groups of 4 when printing a booklet. With a ten page booklet setup, Publisher will print a blank page. -- Mary Sauer http://msauer.mvps.org/ "charliegirl" <charliegirl@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:F995943A-B6A5-4B6B-...

How do Print out a uniform spreadsheet i.e. all the same size A3

Upgrade from Money 2004 to Money 2005
I just upgraded from Money 2004 to Money 2005, and 2 of my accounts (a savings account and a credit card) showed significantly different balances from the last time I looked at them in Money 2004. It seems that, for some reason, when it converted my 2004 file to 2005, it only grabbed a portion of the transactions, and considered the balance as of just before the first transaction it grabbed to be $0, when both accounts actually had non-zero balances at that time. Am I missing something, or is Money 2005 just that poorly designed? In microsoft.public.money, dbrebel wrote: >I just upgrade...

Button To Print Workbook With Certain Settings
hi, in a workbook i have 52 numbered sheets. they are numbered 1, 2, 3, 4 etc. on the first sheet i have two buttons. i need some coding help with the buttons. basically i want the first button (called even) to print all the even sheets in the workbook. and the second button will print the odd sheets in the workbook. also i want different margin settings for each button. the even button will need a left margin of 0.5 and the odd button will need a right margin of 0.5 - while all the other margins remain 0.2. i am hoping that this is possible. i tried recording the marcos but i am not...

Trouble getting Bill Pay to work with Money 2005
I upgraded from Money 2004 Deluxe to Money 2005 Premium this evening. I had Bill Pay working in the 2004 version. I went to enable the "Access your Money data on the Web" option in Settings. It said that I had to disable Bill Pay first before it would continue and that it would enable Bill Pay again once the process was complete. Unfortunately, now I can't get Bill Pay enabled again. I can go to the Bills screen and see my scheduled bills, but I can't do ePay through Bill Pay in Money anymore. When I go to Manage Online Services, I see my bank accounts that are ...

Unable to import Quicken file to Money
I am trying to import my QUICKEN 2004 data file (QDATA.QDF) into Money 2004. I followed all the directions and validated the QDATA file first, but NOTHING imports. All I get are messages that indicate "Your Quicken file contained invalid transaction types". The only transactions I have are account (Checking and Savings) transactions - debits and credits. I have tried this a number of times, and downloaded all updates to Money, but nothing ever converts. Can anyone help? You can not import Q2004 into M2004. You'll have to wait a few more days and then import it into M2...

customizing the task list print options
I'd like to print my "tasks" list but with the complete Note field included. How does one accomplish that? I'm surprised it isn't a standard form provided in Outlook. -- ------------ Michael Bierman ...

money for notihng that works
What is $5 and 15 minutes when it can make you earn $100,000 ? Not much, if you ask me... You've probably seen a lot of those kind of messages over forums and newsgroups, and the explanation for this can be given in two words: IT WORKS! But how on earth, will you ask me, does it actually works? How is such a thing possible? This is a simple pyramid scheme. To explain it to you with realistic numbers, lets take a simple example: Imagine you folow the instructions given below, and post your message to 500 newsgroups (wich isn't much). 10 people read your message and also folow the ins...

sync portfolio with msn money
Hi friends, I would like to use my money 2007 portfolio from my home and office, Is there any way to achive that, I would like to view and make changes from both places. Thanks, have a nice day Roshlin wrote: > Hi friends, > > I would like to use my money 2007 portfolio from my home and office, > Is there any way to achive that, > I would like to view and make changes from both places. You can do this, but you'll have to be extremely rigorous about moving your file back and forth. Money assumes one user/one PC. The database has no features for multiple access or syn...

Simple question
I have an xls sheet that always print 6 copies. When ever I want to print, I have to change it to 1 copy. It's only this one xls sheet. Everything else prints 1 copy like it's suppose to. It's not the printer settings. Like I said, it's just this one xls sheet. Can someone tell me how to make it print 1 copy only and then stay as 1 as the defualt. I have made many changes to the sheet and saved it many times, but it always defaults to 6 copies. Very Strange. Thanks in advance. Phil If maybe as simple as this, as each page can have the page count se individua...

printing business cards #8
I am printing business cards using Publisher 2000. I have no problem setting them up 10 to a page with Avery perforated card stock. The problem is that the design placement on the cards does not print correctly. The top cards on the sheet are perfect but as it gets to the bottom of the page, the design is too high. This is especailly bad whent the design includes a border that ends up not being centered on the card. I have adjusted everything there is to adjust on my printer and am wondering if it is a Publisher software issue or a printer issue. (HP says it is not a problem with the printe...

Outlook 2003
In the calendar I often put notes/direction on a daily appt, etc. When I print the daily appt I don't see these notes. When I print the individual appt - I can see the notes but this creates numerous sheets of paper. Is there a way to printall this info on one daily sheet? Hi, JayL; File> Print> Print Styles> Calendar Details Style -Ian "JayL" wrote: > In the calendar I often put notes/direction on a daily appt, etc. When I > print the daily appt I don't see these notes. When I print the individual > appt - I can see the notes but this creates nu...

print multiple attachments outlook 2007
How do I print multiple attachments to an email in outlook 2007 without selecting each one individually? File-> Print...-> select option: Print attached files This will of course print the message itself as well. In order to print only the attachments or a selection of your attachments in one go, you'll need a printing add-in. Some are listed here; http://www.howto-outlook.com/tag/printing -- Robert Sparnaaij [MVP-Outlook] Coauthor, Configuring Microsoft Outlook 2003 http://www.howto-outlook.com/ Outlook FAQ, HowTo, Downloads, Add-Ins and more http://www.msoutlo...

Money 2005 Account number displays as xxxxx
I have just upgraded from Money 2004 STD (Australia). All my account numbers in the 'accounts list' dialog box display mainly as 'xxxxx. My account numbers are alphnumeric. They are correct when I open the individual accounts. Does anyone have a work around or know of a fix for this bug? Rgds - Pete This is nothing more than stupid knee jerk pseudo-security. R-click and go to the account settings and it will look correct. "Peter" <anonymous@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:1b3e01c4ac1c$02961af0$a601280a@phx.gbl... >I have just upgraded ...

Money 2004 crash on startup #2
just find that it only crash when i use my current user, not happening when i logon as another user, seems my profile has some problem, maybe more startup & program installed. any idea on how to troubleshoot ? =========== just install in my WinXP SP1, which has IE6.0 SP1 installed already. Money2004 Std keep crashing on startup after install. with error dialog of "restart Money - Send / don't send report" any idea ? a further findings, i run Money2004 using "run as" another user, it works ! using local adm or domain userwith local adm right also run correctly....

Take a look at that important pack from M$
--xvgpozpusyvmsxxko Content-Type: multipart/related; boundary="zlrixpjslvjypbgm"; type="multipart/alternative" --zlrixpjslvjypbgm Content-Type: multipart/alternative; boundary="nfqjpdpon" --nfqjpdpon Content-Type: text/plain Content-Transfer-Encoding: quoted-printable Microsoft User this is the latest version of security update, the "November 2003, Cumulative Patch" update which resolves all known security vulnerabilities affecting MS Internet Explorer, MS Outlook and MS Outlook Express as well as three newly discovered vulnerabilities. Install now ...

printing multiple worksheets in a workbook
I have 13 worksheets in my workbook (Excel 2007). They are all formatted to have page numbers thus "Page x of y". However, when I select all worksheets and try to print them, the printer window reflects 6 documents waiting in the queue. On printing the document even with the collate box checked, the output is not sequential according to the page numbers from either back to front or front to back. This is even more frustrating when printing to pdf (Cute PDF Writer) as the print to pdf creates 6 different files instead of printing all to one pdf file. I need help!!!! ...

Change print driver from PS level 1 to level 2
When printing in Publisher 2003 only, on and HP business inkjet 1100 I'm told that I need to set the PostScript language level to level 2 or higher. Following the instructions, I can't make the changes as directed in corrections from the error message, nor can I find any other way to change it.. You receive a Publisher cannot print this publication error message when you print as CMYK composite in Publisher 2003 http://support.microsoft.com/default.aspx?scid=kb;en-us;819594 -- Mary Sauer MSFT MVP http://office.microsoft.com/ http://msauer.mvps.org/ news://msnews.microsoft.co...

Money 2007 delete previous versions?
I'd like to try Money 2007 trial before committing. I'm using Money 2004 SB. Does the upgrade wipe out any previous version so that I can't go back if I don't want to commit to the upgrade? I'm running XP SP2. Thanks, Brett It will give you the chance to select yes or no to remove it Steve -- Steve steven_morrison69@hotmail.com "brett" <account@cygen.com> wrote in message news:1163964503.767879.204210@m73g2000cwd.googlegroups.com... > I'd like to try Money 2007 trial before committing. I'm using Money > 2004 SB. Does the upgrade w...

System Sound I can't stop!
I have a clicking sound which I can't stop, I have gone through all the System sounds from Control Panel and done the test for every sound and it isn't there. I've even tried turning off all sounds, but it still keeps on clicking! It's driving me nuts! effdee wrote: > I have a clicking sound which I can't stop, I have gone through all the > System sounds from Control Panel and done the test for every sound and > it isn't there. > > I've even tried turning off all sounds, but it still keeps on clicking! > > It's driving me ...

Formula for checking numbers
If I have a string of 5 numbers in cells a1..a5, I am looking to create a formula whereby I can put 5 random numbers in cells b1..b5 and the formula in B6 will calculate and tell me how many numbers in row B match from the numbers in row A. Can anyone help? Thanks Jeff Donahue =SUMPRODUCT(--(A1:A5=B1:B5)) HTH Jason Atlanta, GA >-----Original Message----- >If I have a string of 5 numbers in cells a1..a5, I am >looking to create a formula whereby I can put 5 random >numbers in cells b1..b5 and the formula in B6 will >calculate and tell me how many numbers in row B mat...

gridlines print over text #2
When printing an Excel document with gridlines, some of them print over the text, and they don't line up properly. I've checked my text and spacing settings, and everything seems fine. Am I missing something? It sounds like the rows and/or columns are not big enough for the data - you could try the Autofit option Sheila "martikaih" wrote: > When printing an Excel document with gridlines, some of them print over the > text, and they don't line up properly. I've checked my text and spacing > settings, and everything seems fine. Am I missing something? ...