lost money 2006 .exe in windows vista

Can anyone tell me the name of the executable file for money 2006? I had to
re-install windows vista home premium (32) and have the backup files but
can't seem to find the program. I have contacted gateway (money 06 was
factory installed), but computer out of warranty and they are no help. The
only money files I can find is my .mbf (backups) and sample.mny
0
caspie (3)
12/31/2008 12:19:02 AM
money 28651 articles. 7 followers. Follow

In microsoft.public.money, caspie wrote:

>Can anyone tell me the name of the executable file for money 2006?

It is msmoney.exe, but that is probably not going to help you. There
is an install process that sets up a lot of things including
registry keys.

> I had to
>re-install windows vista home premium (32) and have the backup files but
>can't seem to find the program. I have contacted gateway (money 06 was
>factory installed), but computer out of warranty and they are no help. The
>only money files I can find is my .mbf (backups) and sample.mny

You will want to buy Money Plus Deluxe eventually.

You can use the Money Plus Deluxe free trial for 60 days.
http://www.microsoft.com/money/ProductDetails.aspx?pid=003

You can buy it by download, in which case you will want to keep the
install file on separate media in case you want to install later, or
purchase the extended download service. Either way you must activate
within 30 (I think) days after install). You can activate onto two
computers. Downloads are only good for two years thereafter. Then
you would need to buy again.

0
via_newsgroup (13114)
12/31/2008 12:32:28 AM
This may be important: one more thing I can't open the sample.mny (windows
can't open this file)    unknown extension .mny
"caspie" wrote:

> Can anyone tell me the name of the executable file for money 2006? I had to
> re-install windows vista home premium (32) and have the backup files but
> can't seem to find the program. I have contacted gateway (money 06 was
> factory installed), but computer out of warranty and they are no help. The
> only money files I can find is my .mbf (backups) and sample.mny
0
caspie (3)
12/31/2008 12:39:03 AM
Okay thank you. I am not sure why there isn't setup.exe files to view and
install from in Windows Vista. If Vista is here to stay, I will be lost. XP
worked just fine for me and I knew my way around. It wasn't an option on this
computer and I needed office 2007 for school. I have to struggle to find the
search key and run command that were easily accessible in all Microsoft
platforms in the past. Argghh!

"Cal Learner-- MVP" wrote:

> In microsoft.public.money, caspie wrote:
>
> >Can anyone tell me the name of the executable file for money 2006?
>
> It is msmoney.exe, but that is probably not going to help you. There
> is an install process that sets up a lot of things including
> registry keys.
>

> > I had to
> >re-install windows vista home premium (32) and have the backup files but
> >can't seem to find the program. I have contacted gateway (money 06 was
> >factory installed), but computer out of warranty and they are no help. The
> >only money files I can find is my .mbf (backups) and sample.mny
>
> You will want to buy Money Plus Deluxe eventually.
>
> You can use the Money Plus Deluxe free trial for 60 days.
> http://www.microsoft.com/money/ProductDetails.aspx?pid=003
>
> You can buy it by download, in which case you will want to keep the
> install file on separate media in case you want to install later, or
> purchase the extended download service. Either way you must activate
> within 30 (I think) days after install). You can activate onto two
> computers. Downloads are only good for two years thereafter. Then
> you would need to buy again.

0
caspie (3)
12/31/2008 1:00:01 AM
In microsoft.public.money, caspie wrote:

>Okay thank you. I am not sure why there isn't setup.exe files to view and
>install from in Windows Vista. If Vista is here to stay, I will be lost. XP
>worked just fine for me and I knew my way around. It wasn't an option on this
>computer and I needed office 2007 for school.

So you did a Vista upgrade install on an XP box without formatting?
Maybe Money 2006 is in fact still installed. In WE, browse to
"C:\Program Files\Microsoft Money 2007\MNYCoreFiles" and find
msmoney.exe. You probably would want to set WE to show hidden files
and folders. (MNYCoreFiles is hidden by default.) Then right-click
on msmoney.exe and create a shortcut that you can place where you
like. Good luck.

See below.

> I have to struggle to find the
>search key and run command that were easily accessible in all Microsoft
>platforms in the past. Argghh!

I hear ya. The search in Vista is a little odd. If you want to
search your Documents folder and other places that the
designers/marketers decided you should search, the Vista search goes
very fast-- because it searches those things ahead of time. In fact,
for searching some things it works better than what you are used to.
In other cases, it doesn't. There is a nice free application called
Agent Ransack that does the kind of complete searching of your drive
that you may be looking for.

For the Run, what you can do in Vista is to enter the command in the
box at the bottom of the menu that is, by default, brought up by the
big circle formerly known as the Start button.  :-) Once you have
typed enough of a command, the command will be visible to you above
the box.

>"Cal Learner-- MVP" wrote:
>
>> In microsoft.public.money, caspie wrote:
>>
>> >Can anyone tell me the name of the executable file for money 2006?
>>
>> It is msmoney.exe, but that is probably not going to help you. There
>> is an install process that sets up a lot of things including
>> registry keys.
>>

>> > I had to
>> >re-install windows vista home premium (32) and have the backup files but
>> >can't seem to find the program. I have contacted gateway (money 06 was
>> >factory installed), but computer out of warranty and they are no help. The
>> >only money files I can find is my .mbf (backups) and sample.mny
>>
>> You will want to buy Money Plus Deluxe eventually.
>>
>> You can use the Money Plus Deluxe free trial for 60 days.
>> http://www.microsoft.com/money/ProductDetails.aspx?pid=003
>>
>> You can buy it by download, in which case you will want to keep the
>> install file on separate media in case you want to install later, or
>> purchase the extended download service. Either way you must activate
>> within 30 (I think) days after install). You can activate onto two
>> computers. Downloads are only good for two years thereafter. Then
>> you would need to buy again.

0
via_newsgroup (13114)

window based authentication with members defined in a distribution list. 02-21-10
I want windows based authentication for a particular folder of my web pages. This page should be accessible to only some of the managers and some other roles. I don't want to allow or deny role and persons in web.config. Rather, is it possible that a distribution list created in active directory of the domain and linked with web config? The logins that are there in the distribution list will only be able to view the pages and others will get error.aspx page. In this way, the non-technical higher position persons will also be able to grant and deny access to other members. ...

Auto Archived emails lost
My boss has auto archiving set up on his laptop. He recently went into the archive folders to pull out some data that was there a week prior and discovered all of the folders were there but no emails remained. We are using Outlook 2003 and recently switched our email from one server to another. Could we have lost the actual emails in the move? Is there anyway to recover them? Any insight appreciated. Unless you kept your .pst files on a server, they are local and should not disappear irrespective of what server moves happened. Ensure that the archive.pst file is the only one. If yes,...

microsoft money #10
I tried to open Money on my computer (version 2003) The original page was replaced by Microsoft. How did this happen? How to I get my original files? What "original page"? What makes you say it "was replaced by Microsoft"? Have you tried opening your original files? (Money File|Open or double-click on them from Windows Explorer.) "DR support" <DRsupport@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:AB8D2DDB-8EA1-4665-A875-D19A468B19AA@microsoft.com... >I tried to open Money on my computer (version 2003) The original page was > replaced by Mi...

Disabling / enabling entire menu and toolbar if child window open and has focus
Greetings, I have an MFC app within which a user can choose to go to the company's web site. If they select this from the menu, a CMDIChildWnd is created containing a CHtmlView. I need to have it so when this window is opened, all the menus are disabled and the toolbar is disabled. Also, when the window loses / gets focus, the menus are disabled / enabled respectively. Is there an easy way of doing this? How might I go about it? Thanks for your help! ~simon You can't disable *all* the menu items typically, because you want File>Exit, Help>About, other Help items, etc. en...

sales line detail window-after updating the request Ship Date-also
I am also using manufacturing, when you change the requested ship date, you get a window asking: You can update the In House due date, What is the name of this window in modifer? I would like to modify this form, so the No button is disables, I want to make sure they always click 'yes' How do I find this form in modifer? the form name is just 'Microsoft GP Dynamics' thanks -- Doug ...

Extender Window #2
Question: I've created a extender window and pushed it out to a number of companies. Using GP 9.0 and so forth. Every now and then, I'll get a notice from a client that the extender window is no longer available. Easy fix for me is to just import it again. My question to you all, Is there anything documented or known to cause extender windows to just disappear? The data stored in them is still resident in the tables on the back-end, just the window itself isn't there. Tiger, I've noticed this happen whenever I made a change to the key fields in the extender window. You ar...

Money 2004 Upgrade Problem
I've been using Money 2003 small business. When I put in Money 2004 Standard it converted my files to 2004. I want the full small business functionality but now cannot open my files in 2003. The error reads: "Money cannot locate '(file name)' or cannot open it, possibly because it is a read-only file or you do not have permission to change it or your disk drive is write protected." I know the file is not read-only and is not open in another program. I also have the permission to change files on my computer. Does anyone have any suggestions for what to do? I'm prett...

Windows 7 Minimum Requirements
Does anyone know what are the minimum requirements for a new pc with Windows 7. Looks like I'd want Works,Quicken for software and an antivirus, "Sam spade" <sloopokespam@opto.net> wrote in message news:OgZKzlgbKHA.5796@TK2MSFTNGP06.phx.gbl... > Does anyone know what are the minimum requirements for a new pc with > Windows 7. Looks like I'd want Works,Quicken for software and an > antivirus, Best to ask in a Windows 7 Community Forum. According to MS website: 1 gigahertz (GHz) or faster 32-bit (x86) or 64-bit (x64) processor ...

Windows Live Mail Error ID: 0x800ccc0dThis would not be a major pr
Dell inspirion 1545 Windows Vista HB MSG: The host 'http://get.live.com could not be found' Protocol: SMTP Port: 25 Secure(SSL): No Socket Error: 11001 I have uninstalled/Installed Windows Live Mail and get the same error. Email cannot be accessed via the Windows Live interface, only via hotmail. This would not be a major problem except that I cannot send photos. -- Thanks for the help. JohnnyT http://get.live.com is not used for email Is this problem occurring with a Hotmail account ? If using the pop3/smtp protocol for sending/receiving with a Hotmail account...

Window's verson numbers
I'm writing an app in C++ using VS.net and I need to do this based on the OS. I can get the OS version number using _osver global variable found in the include STDLIB.H. But I need a list of what version number correspond to what OS so I know what the value in _osver means. Does anyone know where I can find these definitions? Also the major and minor builds might be useful? If this is the wrong newsgroup could you direct me to the right one? Thank Lots, Neil Neil B wrote: >I'm writing an app in C++ using VS.net and I need to do this based on the OS. >I can get the OS ver...

Problems with reports on Money 2004
I am having problems getting onto the reports page as everytime it crashes. I have tried to repair using the disk and uninstalled and re-installed and it still doesn't work. I am told that there isn't a new UK version available so I cannot upgrade. Can anybody help In microsoft.public.money, Jayne Morris <Jayne Morris@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote: >I am having problems getting onto the reports page as everytime it crashes. I >have tried to repair using the disk and uninstalled and re-installed and it >still doesn't work. I am told that there isn't a ne...

Where to download: SBS 2008 with Windows Server 2008 Service Pack
I am a technet plus member, but cannot find this version of SBS 2008 referenced below for download there. http://blogs.technet.com/sbs/archive/2009/10/16/coming-soon-sbs-2008-with-windows-server-2008-service-pack-2-included.aspx Can someone please point me at where I can find this version available for download? Thanks ozinca wrote: > I am a technet plus member, but cannot find this version of SBS 2008 > referenced below for download there. > > http://blogs.technet.com/sbs/archive/2009/10/16/coming-soon-sbs-2008-with-windows-server-2008-service-pack-2-included.a...

How to Print string (Windows Printer) using RMS QSRules.
A windows printer is set as a receipt printer for a register. I need to print strings to this printer using RMS QSRules. How can I do this? I tried using Register.ActivePrinter.PrintNormal(Station as Long,Data as String) but it won't work. By the way, what is Station in the parameter? ...

Exporting global data from a DLL to an EXE
Hi, I have a "Win32 Application" and I must use some global data defined(and initialized) in a DLL linked to the Application. As suggested by MSDN,I have exported this global data from the DLL in this way: - In the DLL, I have used the keyword DLLEXPORT - In the EXE I have used the keyword DLLIMPORT But when I run the EXE the application crashes! The problem is that, in the EXE, the imported global data are all equal to zero and the application doesn't see the initializationsdone in the DLL! Does someone know where is the problem? Thanks to All. M Micheles, I don&#...

Money 2004 Backup file
Hi Is there a way to specify a folder in the 'backup' options in Money 2004? For instance, I would like to backup to my zip drive which is drive R. But it doesn't give the option to specify a folder in that drive, just saves it in the root folder. Thanks Dan In microsoft.public.money, Dan wrote: > >Is there a way to specify a folder in the 'backup' options in Money 2004? >For instance, I would like to backup to my zip drive which is drive R. But >it doesn't give the option to specify a folder in that drive, just saves it >in the root folder. ...

Import data from Money 2002 to Excel
Hi, I'd like to import some transactions history from Money 2002 into Excel. Does anybody know how I can do this? Thx. In microsoft.public.money, Nick wrote: >Hi, > >I'd like to import some transactions history from Money >2002 into Excel. Does anybody know how I can do this? Prepare a report in Money and right-click into it. You can copy and paste or choose Export.... For more sophisticated information access, search Google for Moneylink. ...

Can Money store bill balances?
Can money store my bill balances? For instance if I only partially pay a bill, I'd like to see what my balance is. Only if you create a liability account, record the bill as a liability, then pay all or part. The balance of the liability account is the balance of the bill. -- Chris Cowles Gainesville, FL "BDK" <BDK@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:298D90B7-A9CC-4F60-B598-196D52517C16@microsoft.com... > Can money store my bill balances? For instance if I only partially pay a > bill, I'd like to see what my balance is. See also http://u...

Money 2007 deluxe backup issue
for some reason Money is breaking up my backups to my 4gb usb flash drive around the 3 mb area - i have compact data checked - regular files are 8 & 12 mb are there settings to change to prevent this from happening there is plenty of space on the drive it names the file xxxd1 when i used my gigabank 8gb drive it did not do this but alas it died when i just try to continue on the 4g it says already used insert me medium advise please thanks In microsoft.public.money, tony wrote: >for some reason Money is breaking up my backups to my 4gb usb flash drive >around the 3 mb area...

Money 2000 Windows XP SP2 Password problems
Hi. * I have reformatted my hard drive (On a Compaq Table TC1000) & reinstalled Windows XP Pro Tablet. * I have then installed the Windows XP SP2. I then restored my backups, which included my mny data file from Money 2000. * I then (amongst other software installs) installed Money from the original CD. * When I tried to start Money, it asks for the password as usual BUT it doesn't accept the usual password. * I have checked that it is the right file, checked Caps Lock, typed carefully several times - to no avail. * Are you aware of any problems with Money 2000 & SP2? I...

Faulting application name: iexplore.exe In Windows 2008 Server R2
I am not certain why I keep getting this exception message. In fact I get a pop up most each time I try to access or connect using IE. Did a bit of searching, and have not found a good fix for this yet. I am running a Windows Server 2008 64bit machine. I tried blaming it on IE add-ons, but now I am running in NO-ADDON mode with no add-ons but the problem persists.I would appreciate it if someone helped with with a fix for this on my server. ERRORS TYPES SO FAR ============================================= Faulting application name: iexplore.exe, version: 8.0.7600.16385, tim...

.OST full (2 GB) during POP collection = all new mail lost?
The subject says it all... Outlook 2003 in Cached Exchange Mode (non-Unicode, i.e. inheriting old 2 GB limit) on Windows XP. Was working offline, collecting two days of POP3 mail, and at the end of the collection I got the error message saying that the .ost file had reached the size limit... Very stupidly, Outlook 2003 (!!!) _deleted_ all mail from the POP3 server before making sure that the same had been stored properly, so it appears to be all lost now? Just out of curiosity, where did Outlook write this data as it was being collected? Was it being appended to the .ost file? I tried ...

HPEN and Rectangle() on Contantly refeshing window object
Hello, Well, I am totally stumped on this one. VC++ 6.0: I have an app that has a video window playing. What I need to do is to be able to draw a rubberbanded rectangle around an area within this screen. Well, the rubberband stuff works until it stretches over the video part of the window -- you will see the rubberbanded Rectangle for a split second on every mouse move, but as soon as motion stops, the rubberbanded rectangle line will be overwritten with the animated video screen. Is there a trick to set an HPEN object to be the top Z order so that it doesn't disappear when ove...

when i am in the window to choose a folder to export none are list
I want to export my contacts to an excel file. When I am in the window to choose a folder to export, there are no folders to click on. What version of Outlook are you using? Does anything show in that pane of the Import/Export Wizard? "outlook export files" <outlook export files@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:17414043-FCB0-4C02-8ABF-C5288395157F@microsoft.com... >I want to export my contacts to an excel file. When I am in the window to > choose a folder to export, there are no folders to click on. ...

Windows Pro C.O.A. Question
I have a Dell Latitude D510 with Windows XP Pro SP2 installed. It's used and the machine didn't come with a restore disk, and there is no restore partition. But the COA sticker is attached to the bottom of the machine. I have an OEM copy of Windows XP Pro with SP2. If I have to reinstall the operating system, can I use the OEM version and use the laptop's COA to activate Windows? I realize that I may have to hunt down drivers such as WiFi and sound if they aren't included with my OEM copy. Thanks Don wrote: > I have a Dell Latitude D510 with Windows X...

Multiple Email Accounts in Windows Live Mail
I added a yahoo.com email address within Windows Live Mail and decided against it. I removed it from the Live Mail properties but yahoo emails continue to post within Live Mail desktop. I've checked the obvious settings but can't find anything to change to make this stop. I want to totally remove yahoo.com email from Windows Live and access yahoo emails from the Internet. Do you by chance have a Hotmail account and in the account on the web site told it fetch mail from Yahoo? Hotmail website: Options, More Options,. Send and receive mail from other e-mail account...