Lost Cash Flow Function in Money 2002

Not sure what the catalyst was but I have recently lost the ability to view
my cash flow forecast.  Clicking the toolbar icon does nothing excpet
refresh the screen I'm in and the cash flow forecast component of the home
page seems stuck on an obscure account.  I have tried the Quick Repair,
downloaded the Salvage tool & run a Level 2 (Standard) Repair with no
effect.  However, whilst following the instructions to perform a deep
repair, Salv.exe does not allow me to perform the level 3 repair - it does
not give that option in the drop-down box.
2 questions... has anyone experienced the 'lost' cash flow & can anyone help
in showing me how to run the Level 3 repair?
Regards
Anthony

money 28651 articles. 7 followers. Follow

In microsoft.public.money, Anthony Spartalis wrote:

>Not sure what the catalyst was but I have recently lost the ability to view
>my cash flow forecast.  Clicking the toolbar icon does nothing excpet
>refresh the screen I'm in and the cash flow forecast component of the home
>page seems stuck on an obscure account.  I have tried the Quick Repair,
>downloaded the Salvage tool & run a Level 2 (Standard) Repair with no
>effect.  However, whilst following the instructions to perform a deep
>repair, Salv.exe does not allow me to perform the level 3 repair - it does
>not give that option in the drop-down box.

See if
http://support.microsoft.com/default.aspx?scid=kb;en-us;312814&Product=mny
helps.

>2 questions... has anyone experienced the 'lost' cash flow & can anyone help
>in showing me how to run the Level 3 repair?

Level 3 was found to cause problems sometimes, so it was removed.

0
via_newsgroup (13114)
10/1/2004 8:28:45 PM
I have just discovered the same problem myself.  However,
I'm using 2004

Can we get some help here?!

0
anonymous (74722)
10/1/2004 10:57:33 PM
Try this http://umpmfaq.info/faqdb.php?q=67

--
Glyn Simpson, Microsoft MVP - Money
http://money.mvps.org

or http://www.microsoft.com/uk/support/money/feedback especially
if it's a UK specific wish.

"Sharon" <anonymous@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
>I have just discovered the same problem myself.  However,
> I'm using 2004
>
> Can we get some help here?!

0
glyn1 (1534)

Using the kit function
We would like to create some kits using our inventory on hand. How would we create them and have the individual items depleted from stock and go to these kits. We need to be able to know when to order more items to create the kits when they are getting low. Go to Database -> Items -> New Item -> Standard then change item type to Kit, then click on Kit tab and add the items you need, it will be depleted from inventory. Click on attributes and set the re-order point and re-stock level for the items, create a purchase order weekly or daily and select re-order point method to cr...

Passport and quotes in Money
Been posting that can not download any quotes for update investments. Know online because can use certain parts of money. See that a passport may be needed in order to down load quotes. If enter my passport which works on MSN it will not work on Money, keep saying try and enter you passport again. Never had a problem with Quicken so getting close to deleting money and installing an old quicken. Good. Then post their newsgroup complaints can. "L" <grchavnf@yahoo.com> wrote in message news:034201c3cd66$94473a00$a001280a@phx.gbl... > Been posting that can not download a...

Lost my News icon
I removed my 'News' icon from the Standard Bar in my Outlook 2003 SP1 and now I can not find it in the Go command list or anywhere else. Any idea on how to restore it? To get the News command back, go back to the Programs tab in Control Panel | Internet Options and change the default newsreader to Outlook Express. If OE prompts you to make it your default newsreader the next time you launch it, clear the "Always perform this check..." box and then click the No button. You may need to reset the Menu Bar and/or restart Outlook and/or reboot your machine in order to complet...

Money portion to investment account
I'm using MS Money 2003. Is there any method to add a cash portion to investment account, set up already without it? Any help would be appreciated...thanks in advance! Go into the Investment Account Details. See the Cash portion details settings? "Dref" <dref@chello.at> wrote in message news:Inhdc.392303$Or1.179915@news.chello.at... > I'm using MS Money 2003. Is there any method to add a cash portion to > investment > account, set up already without it? > Any help would be appreciated...thanks in advance! In microsoft.public.money, Dref wrote: >I&...

Parameter of dll's function
Hi all, I write a MFC application, in this application I load a dll and call its function by use GetProcAddress function. The function of dll that I need invoke has an output parameter which is a pointer of CString class. In dll's function I asign the value of local variable to the content CString pointer parameter. After performing this asign operation my application is halted. What is wrong in my asign operator. Please help me. Thanks. What is the type of your local variable ? Does exe and dll use the same version of MFC ? Generally speaking, following code should work: void...

Money 2005 Passport
Word to the wise. DO NOT WASTE YOUR TIME WITH TECH SUPPORT. If you are having trouble getting your "sign-in information verified," AKA your .NET passport is not working to log into Microsoft Money its not going to work. I was literally on the line with tech support for over 2 hours trying to figure this out and i have found numerous forums on how this is a problem. Dont get me wrong, I originally bought Microsoft Money because I was impressed with the older version that my roommate was using, but 2005 has too many problems. It has to do with XP SP2. If you are going to p...

Cash flow graph goes blank
When I followed the wizard to replace my old mortgage data with a refinanced mortgage, the cash flow graph disappeared from my home page. Since the purpose of entering this data is to TRACK cash flow, I want to get the graph back. So far I have tried: 1) Close Money and open again; 2) Go online for all updates; 3) Search FAQs 4) Search knowledge base. Any ideas? I am using the Business and Personal version of Money 2002. This is a FAQ: --- Q): How come my cash flow forecast refuses to display? [Relevant to Money2002 (v.10)] A): Usually one or more scheduled bills/deposits i...

Algebra function graphs with Excel?
My daughter is getting to a place in her Algebra where she needs to begin graphing functions. Of course, she wants an expensive graphing calculator! I'm wondering if an add-in to Excel will allow graphing of Algebra functions. Ed Ed, Microsoft Student 2006 includes a graphical calculator. About $60 street price. http://www.tushar-mehta.com/excel/software/utilities/iga.html is a free add-in, though I believe it requires a bit of Excel expertise to use. (I haven't used it.) HTH, Bernie MS Excel MVP "Ed" <ed_millis@NO_SPAM.yahoo.com> wrote in message news:eYaC0...

using date function, month shows as January when i type (12)
when date of birth is A1 and i use the formula =date(year(A1)+19,month(12),day(31)), to get the last day of the year before the 20th birthday, 31/1/1919 appears instead of 31/12/1919. why is this? if i take the +19 away, the same thing happens. The only time it works is if i specify the year instead of using another cell. Does this formula do what you need? ="12/31/"&YEAR(A1)+19 The reason your original formula did not work is because the MONTH() and DAY() functions require serial date numbers (that is to say, an Excel date equivalent expressed as a number). =DATE(YEA...

Sum of cell which use if array function
Hi, I have many cells using if function which result is number. I'd like to sum all of those cells, unfortunatelly i cant do that, the result is none. How can i solve this one? Thank you If your IF formulas contain quotes around numbers, REMOVE THEM. Wrong: =IF(A1="x","10","0") Right: =IF(A1="x",10,0) -- Biff Microsoft Excel MVP "Pran" <Pran@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:1F9DB21C-4DF6-45A5-AA22-D3F8CDA45F31@microsoft.com... > Hi, > > I have many cells using if funct...

Upgrading to Money 2004 #6
I currently have money 2001 and want to install Money 2004. I wanted to start a new Money file and not incorporate my data from 2001, but when installing 2004 it indicates that my 2001 data will be overwritten and brought into 2004. Is there any way to start a new 2004 Money file without bringin in my 2001 data? >Subject: Upgrading to Money 2004 >From: "J Clark" anonymous@discussions.microsoft.com >Date: 1/2/2004 8:47 PM Eastern Standard Time >Message-id: <09a301c3d19b$80dbf260$a001280a@phx.gbl> > >I currently have money 2001 and want to install ...

Track 3 Budget Accounts in Money 07
Here is my situation. My wife and I have personal checking accounts at our bank. We therefore fund a third account at the same bank for Household expenses. All of the accounts are linked to a savings account. Is there a way to set up 3 separate budget accounts for myself, my wife and for the household without creating separate money (*.mny) files for each? Money Budgets are systemic: they cover all expense/income across all (or a specified subset) of accounts. This way they track spending regardless of the account used to do it. This is probably not what you want but most people find i...

Outlook 2007 and typing lags after installing FrontPage 2002
I recently installed my old FrontPage 2002 again. I also have Outlook 2007 and XP Pro. Office 2007 had to be reactivated/reinstalled-something. It did not ask for my CD, but it sure was working hard. I did not lose any settings. Many of my hotfixes, and German language pack disappeared after installing FP 2002. I got all that stuff back. Also, after installing FP 2002, it seems my IE had been hijacked. I kept getting directed to bulk advertisement webpages. I finally got all that cleared up by using some software programs listed on majorgeeks.com Everything was running f...

Where can I find all of the SA functionality
I'm doing a project for SOX compliance and I need to document all of the functionality that SA has in 7.5 that can't be assigned to a regular user. Where could I locate that information? SA by default has complete access to the systems, expect where you explicitly revoke access under individual user security. SA is hard coded in the application to create new users, and assign user access to companies. The best bet is to contact MBS support for this documentation if they have any >-----Original Message----- >I'm doing a project for SOX compliance and I need to >...

Did Money 2008 fix any of these issues?
I was looking to upgrade my 2007 Home&Biz to 2008 Home&Biz for only tthree reasons: 1. CPU performance Issues with Background banking. 2. Money hanging when reconciling electronic transactions downloaded from my Bank with those which were setup as recurring loan transactions (Such as a Mortgage or Auto payment). This requires TaskManager->End Task and Microsoft's recommendation was the Nuke the bills and re-enter. That works for about a month or so... 3. (Business) Time Tracking screen refresh delays. Also, can someone enlighten me on what is 'Enhanced Background ...

Money '06
Why does money categorize a transfer from my checking account to my savings account as an expense. The help window says to select the Credit Card Payment/Transfer category but this still records the transfer transaction as an expense. For example, If I move $500 from my checking to my savings account, my monthly report will show that I earned $500 in additional income and spent $500 in additional expense. The Expense Category "Credit Card Payments/Transfers" is just that--it's an Expense category. Assuming you are using Advanced Registers, delete that category with extrem...

Money 2004 #99
portfolio: category choice large, bond etc in the portfolio columns money asked me to assign the above categories to my holdings (because of no online with 2004) i would like to go back and review but can not find the setting anywhere. In microsoft.public.money, wildwood178 wrote: >portfolio: >category choice large, bond etc in the portfolio columns > >money asked me to assign the above categories to my holdings (because of no >online with 2004) i would like to go back and review but can not find the >setting anywhere. Go to the Details for the Investment. Right-click...

Extract list using functions
Hi, can anyone help with the following: I want to extract items in a list and show them in another worksheet. An example of the master list would be: Name Dollars Quantity Months Customer1 $ Q 12 Customer2 $ Q 12 Customer3 $ Q 6 I want to be able to extract all those customers which have less than 12months data (as indicated in the month column). I want to be able to do this using functions in another worksheet and list those seperately there. Is there a way to do this? Elijah Hi y...

Import Export Wizard and Archive function missing under FILE
I have to reinstall my office XP and tried to import my previous settings. However I do not have the option under the FILE menu to Import/Export or Archive. Anyone know how to get this function back? cheers, John. johnkeogh@vexinc.com ...

Report not functionning in Money 2007
Hi ! I just finished the upgrade from Money 2004 to Money 2007. Everything went fine except that the Report function no longer work. Every time i try to get a report, the "Loading" stays there forever and nothing happen. Does someone has a clue of what is happening ? Andr´┐Ż Hi Andre, I am using Money 2006 was also experiencing the problem you described where I would attempt to generate a report, would get the pie chart and then the "Loading" message and nothing would happen. I converted over from Quicken in 2005. I was only experiencing this problem when I tr...

Money and Farming
I just purchased the Small Business version of MS Money 2004. In addition to my household accounts I have a farm business, which is why I purchased the software. I noticed in the software the only schedule utilized is "C". Is there a good reference book or a template that goes into some detail of intergrating Money and the farm accounts found on Schedule "F", with the intent of self on-line tax filing. Thank you VERY much for your assistance. In microsoft.public.money, frankd wrote: >I just purchased the Small Business version of MS Money >2004. In addi...

Lost My Focus
I would like the lost focus event of a combo box to execute. However, because some of the commands are about the combo box, I can not do them while the focus is there. And I can't move the focus while the combo box has it. A real Catch-22. So I was wondering if there is a way to issue a "tab" command just as if the user hits the tab key on the keyboard? When I try this on the form everything works fine. So in the after update event I would like to put a "tab" command, any ideas? Thanks. -- Michael Conroy Stamford, CT What commands are you trying to execute in th...

Money 2004 was better
As noted in a previous post, I was forced into "upgrading" to 2007 due to Microsoft EOLing updates on 2003. Updates didn't always work on 2003, sometimes you had to try a few times. But they NEVER posted erroneous data to my accounts. I just spent a half hour manually fixing 6 accounts that Money 2007 screwed up by duplicating entries, reversing entries etc. Searching for help, I've seen a ton of posts this month about users having problems with automatic updates. Some quote Microsoft as saying that the issues are due to a "third party provider" with no e...

install OL 2002 in win98 ver 1 problems
I am trying to install OL2002 over OLexpress in win 98 ver 1 to use w/ an Ipaq 1945 PocketPC. After install I can not find OL2002 any where. Install says all went well , but OL express is still there and OL 2002 is not (no icon, directorys, folders etc) Nothing! Any help here is appreaciated. Does it show up in Add/Remove programs? Can you find the installation directory? Did you try to reinstall it? J wrote: > I am trying to install OL2002 over OLexpress in win 98 > ver 1 to use w/ an Ipaq 1945 PocketPC. After install I > can not find OL2002 any where. Install says all ...

Cash Flow Report
Hi, I am required to create a cashflow report to be distributed via SSRS......has anyone out there got any SQL statements that I could use or amend that will give me a head start.....as usual this was required yesterday and I am no SQL guru, nor am I a GP table master. Thanks in anticipation Nev Browitt Is there any reason why you're not using FRx for this report? It would be so much simpler to create and FRx offers very similar report distribution capabilities when using Report Manager. Frank Hamelly MCP-GP, MCT, MVP East Coast Dynamics www.eastcoast-dynamics.com blog: www.gp2the...