Lost accounts

After a brief trip, I opened money 2002 and my accounts
were missing.  I got the default money startup page.  I
inadventently exited the program, thereby saving the bogus
page in my backup file.  Why did it dump my accounts, and
is there any recovery?  I can rebuild, but what an effort
that will be (computers are supposed to save time!).  I
could in the future set up a password for backups, but
until I find the reason for this program behaviore, I
consider Money unreliable and cannot use it.  jmp

money 28651 articles. 7 followers. Follow

Try searching for files named *.mny in your hard drive and look at the
dates. Obviously the one you don't want is the most recent. Then double
click on the most likely one from date and size - prior to your trip.

You need to change your backup option to always prompt before backing up,
that way you can always say no backup. Also it sounds like you are always
backing up to the same place. That is VERY bad news. If using floppy disks
you should have a number of them and cycle them around, also make sure that
you can read a backup from a floppy as they are relatively fragile and can
easily die at the wrong moment.

--
Regards
Bob Peel,

 Hints/Tips
      http://support.microsoft.com/default.aspx?scid=fh;EN-GB;mny
 UK Wishes/Suggestions
      mnyukwsh@microsoft.com

"Jim Palmer" <jpalmer@dakotacom.net> wrote in message
> After a brief trip, I opened money 2002 and my accounts
> were missing.  I got the default money startup page.  I
> inadventently exited the program, thereby saving the bogus
> page in my backup file.  Why did it dump my accounts, and
> is there any recovery?  I can rebuild, but what an effort
> that will be (computers are supposed to save time!).  I
> could in the future set up a password for backups, but
> until I find the reason for this program behaviore, I
> consider Money unreliable and cannot use it.  jmp

0
Bob_Peel (292)
8/8/2003 4:40:56 PM

Thanks for your reply.  I had already looked immediately
upon exiting, and the only one there was the one that was
just created during the exit.  The backup reflected this as
well.

>You need to change your backup option to always prompt
before backing up,
>that way you can always say no backup. Also it sounds like
you are always
>backing up to the same place. That is VERY bad news. If
using floppy disks
>you should have a number of them and cycle them around,
also make sure that
>you can read a backup from a floppy as they are relatively
fragile and can
>easily die at the wrong moment.

I used to do that, but it really gets clumsy as the base
file is more than 2Mb, requiring multiple floppies for a
single file.  I might have to revive my USB ZIPdrive or
burn CDs.  BTW is 2145KB normal for a #.mny file with no
data.  I still have no clue why it did this in the first
place.  jmp

>--
>Regards
>Bob Peel,
>Microsoft MVP - Money
>
> Hints/Tips

http://support.microsoft.com/default.aspx?scid=fh;EN-GB;mny
> UK Wishes/Suggestions
>      mnyukwsh@microsoft.com
>
>"Jim Palmer" <jpalmer@dakotacom.net> wrote in message
>> After a brief trip, I opened money 2002 and my accounts
>> were missing.  I got the default money startup page.  I
>> inadventently exited the program, thereby saving the bogus
>> page in my backup file.  Why did it dump my accounts, and
>> is there any recovery?  I can rebuild, but what an effort
>> that will be (computers are supposed to save time!).  I
>> could in the future set up a password for backups, but
>> until I find the reason for this program behaviore, I
>> consider Money unreliable and cannot use it.  jmp
>>

>.

Do you have a program like NOrton Utilities/System Works that can recover
deleted files? Perhaps the previous version of either the MOney file or the
backup can be resurrected that way.

> [...]

0
myrnalarson (223)

Create CRM Account and CRM Contact from Outlook contact
Currently CRM only allows a CRM Contact to be created from an Outlook contact through the "view in CRM" feature. It would be helpful to provide the option of creating an Account together with the Contact and also an option to link the two by default upon creation. Additionally, it would be helpful to allow contacts in shared group folders to be promoted to CRM. ---------------- This post is a suggestion for Microsoft, and Microsoft responds to the suggestions with the most votes. To vote for this suggestion, click the "I Agree" button in the message pane. If you do...

Local User Profile/Lost Outlook folders
Hi, I use Outlook 2002 with Windows 2000 Small Business Server, I had a problem with the user profile on my PC so I deleted the user profile locally and logged off/back on. When I went back into Outlook it went through the wizard to setup my Exchange email account after which it brought in the emails in my inbox but nothing else, no sent mails, no deleted mails, no sub folders and no calendar. Where have these gone, I thought they were stored in my exchange mail box and not locally. Any help would be gratefully received. Dean. Hi Dean, You might want to search for a PST file on your ...

Turn off Project Accounting
I'd like to disable project accounting. Besides using customization status, which only temporarily disables the product, and removing it from the dynamics.set file is there a way to turn this product off? Thanks, Craig You could turn off security to the alternate forms and reports it provides. -- Charles Allen, MVP "Craig" wrote: > I'd like to disable project accounting. Besides using customization status, > which only temporarily disables the product, and removing it from the > dynamics.set file is there a way to turn this product off? > > Thanks,...

Money doesn't stop checking for a deleted account
I'm using MS Money 2005 Premium. I have a Starwood American Express credit card account setup in Money that updates through the online feature. Everything works great. I used to have a Hilton American Express credit card with a corresponding account setup in MS Money 2005. I’ve closed the Hilton account down with American Express and subsequently “closed” the account in MS Money 2005. However, since both accounts used the same username/password information, Money still tries to pull down transactions for the Hilton Amex card. Since it can’t find such account with American Expre...

Hide account?
Hello all, Is it possible to have an account be open, and still have it hidden in the account list? If so how? Thanks, Confused Man No. Open = visible in account list. "Shhh" <1321564@3215348.com> wrote in message news:tNadncFAN_IC9BTfRVn-hA@adelphia.com... > Is it possible to have an account be open, and still have it hidden in the > account list? If so how? ...

Account List
Hello, the account types are: - Bank - Credit Card - Cash or Other - Asset - Liability Selecting the view by Account Type the Account List regroupments are: - Bank Account - Credit Accounts - Investment Accounts - Loans and Liabilities I would like to see my accounts really grouped by account type. I run M2005 international trial version. Is it is a bug or what? Luigi All I can tell you is that Money functions the same way here. -- "Luigi" <Luigi@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:9A0AEFD1-4DC6-4D29-9B45-1971873F00C6@microsoft.com... > Hello, > the ...

Cash account not included in budget
I have a problem keeping track of spending from my cash account. Let's say I withdrawal $20 from my ATM. That caused a transfer from my checking to Cash account. Now I record $10 for Taco Bell in my cash account but it doesn't show that I've spent $10 on my weekly eating out budget. How can I make my budget include spending from my cash account. One idea I got from reading the FAQ was to do a split transaction instead of an ATM withdrawal and just break it up into the different things I spent the money on, but the problem with that is I don't know what I'm going to ...

Forcast Account Balance in Money 2005?
Hello, Is there a tool in Money 2005 similar to the "forcast account balance" tool in older versions of Money? (I'm currently using Money 2000). The forcast account balance tool appeared on the "Bills" page, and displayed a graph of projected future balances for all accounts based on upcoming bills... I found this feature invaluable, but am unable to find anything like in Money 2005. What am I missing? Thanks. In microsoft.public.money, Shrades72 wrote: > >Is there a tool in Money 2005 similar to the "forcast account balance" tool >in olde...

Exch 2003 w/SP2. I've lost the ability to increase mailboxes past
I installed SP2 on my Exchange Sever on 10/24. Everything went very smoothly and I increased several mailboxes to 10GB. Applause all around. Fast forward to today, 12/12. I get several ungrateful calls from users saying that they are getting "over the size limit mailbox errors" "Hmm" I say. Sure enough when I check the size limit, it reads 1GB and not 10GB. Okay, so I add back the zero. What do I get? The dreaded 0 to 20971751 message! I go to my development exchange server that also has Exchange 2003 w/ sp2. Same error on my development server/mailbox. Gr...

Money 2000 Charge account payments
I download my charge card invoices and also my checking account information. When I apply the checking account information to the charge account it makes another payment to the charge account. I went to the charge account and deleted the payments from the checking account and that took them out of the check register. How do I reconcile the two? You should record the transfer in the register before you download that transaction from your bank and your credit card company. If you pay by check, you must enter that transaction in your register before you download it. (If you use E-pay, then...

Automatically forwarding email to another email account
I have two email accounts covered by MS Outlook 2000. However I am never at my office and remotely looking at email is a pain. Is there a way for me to automatically forward my incoming emails to my other email address? Rules wizard can do this for you. --� Milly Staples [MVP - Outlook] Post all replies to the group to keep the discussion intact. Due to the Swen virus, all e-mails sent to my actual account will be deleted w/out reading. After searching google.groups.com and finding no answer anonymous@discussions.microsoft.com <anonymous@discussions.microsoft.com> asked: | I hav...

Export email account
Hi I would like to transfer all my email to another computer. Does anyone know how to export email account for Outlook 2003. I copied the file at C:\Documents and Settings\john\Local Settings\Application Data\Microsoft\Outlook\Outlook.pst and paste it to the new computer. But only the email account is not export. Please help. thanks. Regards Robin Outlook 2003 lacks the ability to export your account settings. --� Milly Staples [MVP - Outlook] Post all replies to the group to keep the discussion intact. Due to the (insert latest virus name here) virus, all mail sent to my personal acco...

Project Accounting #7
Void an Open Billing Invoice -- Senganga. Hi, There is no void. What you have to do is enter a new invoice to match the open invoice but you must manually enter the same Fee IDs with negative numbers. It's like creating a credit note in PA. Hope that helps. "LeagoK" wrote: > Void an Open Billing Invoice > -- Senganga. ...

stationary and signature in different accounts
Hi all I have two accounts set up in Outlook xp one for personal mail and one for business mail. Is it possible to use stationary and signature in my business mail without it appearing when I compose a new message in my Personal mail? I would like to be able to create a business style mail template solely for business mail. At the moment when I create a new mail in personal mail the formatting appears in that mail also. TIA NO If you login to XP as two different users, each user can create a setup. But Outlook doesnt know the difference between Mark and Mary. So, you must select what...

50 Accounts entries in registry?
Is this right? (shortened) Windows Registry Editor Version 5.00 [HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Software\Microsoft\Office\Outlook\OMI Account Manager\Accounts] [HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Software\Microsoft\Office\Outlook\OMI Account Manager\Accounts\00000001] .. .. .. [HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Software\Microsoft\Office\Outlook\OMI Account Manager\Accounts\00000050] -- *************************************************************** Regards, Richard M. Coda PC Type Graphic Design Not sure what you're trying to find out, really - what led you to go look there? rmc wrote: > Is this right? (shortened) > &...

what is the accounting effects of never "applying" payments?
Hi, What is the accounting effects of never "applying" payments in AR? That is, you "post" payments to reduce outstanding balance but never apply the payments to invoices? What is the ramifications to this? And in AP too? Thx. MP mickie, When you dont apply the payments in Receivables / Payables, You cannot move them to history and they will continue to remain Open Transactions. -- Thanks Janakiram M.P. MCP-GP http://janakirammp.blogspot.com "mickieparis" wrote: > Hi, What is the accounting effects of never "applying" payments in > AR...

FRX+analytical accounting
we are using gp 10 and frx 6.7,I want to implement frx with analytical accounting,installed the aa add in,ran scripts ,installed service pack 9,10,ran analytical accounting dimension wizard for frx but when i try to create a company at frx and choose accounting system analytical accounting,and enter all data at system specific information tab and click set as default ,i get the error"login failed Frx32ofismain.checkofsi connection 8900,a direct link has occured attempting to connect to the db for this company,though the odbc that i use to connect with is working fine Techknowledge...

Deleting an account/bond investment
Version Money 2006 Deluxe I created these before I had read how to do it properly here on this forum. Now trying to correct... When I attempt to Delete them (Portfolio Manager->'common tasks'->'work with investments'-> 'delete an investment') They disappear from this list and show up as ‘Closed’ in Accounts list. And they still show up in Reports/Bond Performance. When I now try to delete them (Account List -> change account details -> Delete an account) I get this error message: Details Product: Money ID: obres:34 Source: 15.0 Version: 15...

changing From: address with multiple accounts
Hello, I have multiple POP accounts coming into Outlook XP. I want to be able to send messages from any of those accounts by choosing (without having to go in and change the default account). Under Outlook 2000, this was a choice, but I cannot find it under Outlook XP. Am I missing something obvious, or is that a new feature? Appreciate the help. Thanks, Garrett When you click on Reply/Forward/New Mail Message etc you should see an Accounts button on the toolbar to the Right of Send "Garrett Thompson" <anonymous@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:0c0b01c...

Creating a customer statement of account
Hi All I was wondering if one of you kind people would be able to help me with the following: I have started to use the Invoice Tracker template to track my customer sales invoices which is fab, however, my problem now comes as somehow, i need to create a statement of account for each customer who has outstanding invoices so that i can chase payment. Do any of you have any ideas how i can do this simply and quickly? Thanks for your help guys, i look forward to hearing from you. -- Ruby Roobster ...

ADDRESS BOOK IN OUTLOOK LOST
I LOST ALL THE CONTACTS IN MY ADDRESS BOOK AND CANNOT REPLY TO ANY OF MY INCOMING MAIL OR OPEN THE ATTACHMENTS ASSOCIATED WITH THEM. OUTLOOK WANTS ME TO INSTALL A NEW ADDRESS BOOK. I DOWNLOADED OUTLOOK EXPRESS 6 AND DO NOT HAVE THE 6.0 CD, BUT THE PROBLEM HAS PERSISTED. HOW DO I RE-INSTALL AND CONFIGURE MY ADDRESS BOOK, WITHOUT THE CD, SO AS TO BE ABLE TO SEND MAIL AGAIN? I CAN'T SEND ANY MAIL FROM OUTLOOK! THANK YOU. Wrong newsgroup & your CAPS LOCK key is broken. "Moore" <moasouzu@knology.net> wrote in message news:026b01c348dd$b3718740$a301280a@phx.gb...

Data files lost in drive crash - NO BACKUPs
Hi , I had a hard disk crash and lost all my data on the Data drive. My exchange is intact on another drive. How would I Re-install the Exchange 5.5 over the old without changing any of the config info and Create the new databases?? Any help will be appreciated. Thank you. Postmaster. http://support.microsoft.com/default.aspx?scid=kb;en-us;183266&Product=ech http://support.microsoft.com/default.aspx?scid=kb;en-us;296787&Product=ech In an essence you have to backup what you currently have, install Exchange with exactly yhe same Org and Site names, apply the same Exchange SP...

Send Electronic Transactions and Update Account
Hi. I'm new to Money and at times have trouble finding certain things. Updating accounts and sending electronic bills are two different processes. Is there a way to combine them? I want to update and submit any bills at the same time. Also, how do I prevent Money from getting Quotes and stock information automatically when I update? Any help ill be appreciated. James In microsoft.public.money, JamesJ wrote: <sniped first question> >Also, how do I prevent Money from getting Quotes >and stock information automatically when I update? >Any help ill be appreciated. Tools...

Lost word document 04-08-10
I opened a word document from an email, worked on it then clicked save (not save as) now I can't find it anywhere. When I re-open the file in the email it is the original document without any of the changes. Would it have been temporarily saved on my computer somewhere? See http://www.gmayor.com/outlook_attachments.htm for instructions to recover attachment files, hopefuly ;-) Hope this helps DeanH "aef84" wrote: > I opened a word document from an email, worked on it then clicked save (not > save as) now I can't find it anywhere. When I re-open the...

National account functionality
For each parent, we are creating the primary address as well as a unique address for each child . e.g. if parent abc had 10 children with adress Id 1 through 10, we create 10 addresses for the parent and then each unique address for each individual child customer as well. It is essentially Just replicating the work. Just wondering, do we need multiple addresses at parent level to use National account functionality or if is suffiecient to create the parent only with primary address & then append children through national account maintenance screen. No, you do not need the ex...