List of Missing checks for year or several months

Please tell me how I can run a report that will list only
the missing checks from the register.  Thanks.
0
anonymous (74722)
4/7/2004 4:23:00 AM
money 28651 articles. 7 followers. Follow

Great question. Hmmm. (Five minutes later he returns...) Nothing obvious
appears to me. I know how I'd do it--since I don't see an obvious way to get
there in Money--is that I'd pull the transactions for the account into Excel
using MoneyLink. Then I'd sort by number, do some formula/copy/paste special
values/ (repeat) stuff until I had it down to just unique check numbers.
Then I'd do a formula looking for cases where the number is more than the
previous number + 1.

"Gary" <anonymous@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
> Please tell me how I can run a report that will list only
> the missing checks from the register.  Thanks.

The Monthly Report has a "Gaps in Check Sequences" section. It appears in
the middle of the report, more or less.

-Russ Paul-Jones
russpj@microsoft.com

message news:%23ebRqsJHEHA.2036@TK2MSFTNGP12.phx.gbl...
> Great question. Hmmm. (Five minutes later he returns...) Nothing obvious
> appears to me. I know how I'd do it--since I don't see an obvious way to
get
> there in Money--is that I'd pull the transactions for the account into
Excel
> using MoneyLink. Then I'd sort by number, do some formula/copy/paste
special
> values/ (repeat) stuff until I had it down to just unique check numbers.
> Then I'd do a formula looking for cases where the number is more than the
> previous number + 1.
>
> "Gary" <anonymous@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
> > Please tell me how I can run a report that will list only
> > the missing checks from the register.  Thanks.

0
russpj (36)
4/13/2004 1:21:08 AM
I thought of that but declined to mention it since it is not suitable for
spanning arbitrary lengths of time nor report on "just" what the OP was
looking for. But, depending on what the requirement is, it is certainly one
way to get there.

"Russ Paul-Jones" <russpj@microsoft.com> wrote in message
> The Monthly Report has a "Gaps in Check Sequences" section. It appears in
> the middle of the report, more or less.
>
> -Russ Paul-Jones
> russpj@microsoft.com

Task List #2
Can you give permission for sub-folders under task. If so how ...

Missing Check Batch (Batch not hitting GL)
My client is on GP 8 and this happened 2 times already. Basically they post a batch of computer checks, they are set to post through to GL. They got an error about glpostcleanup and the batch became stuck in Batch Recovery. We 'freed' up the batch but afterwards it is nowhere to be found. The batch is not in Post Checks, not in GL Batches, not in SY00500. In both instances we had to post the checks in Bank Rec to GL. The checks did not hit BR either. This is starting to worry me. GP said to run the special upgrade procedure in GP Utilities and I ran this before my client ...

Select Checks Generates 0 Balance Payments
GP 8.0, SQL When I run the select checks process, it generates $0 balance payments transactions. Every time I run the process I edit checks and delete the $0 balance transactions. Why would select checks be generating these payments? How can I fix this so it doesn't happen any more? THanks, Jason ------=_NextPart_0001_A99BF2A7 Content-Type: text/plain Content-Transfer-Encoding: 7bit Hi Jason, I understand you are using the Select Checks window to create your batch however you find zero dollar checks in the batch when you go to edit the payments. This is caused by either a manual...

unending "checking updates" msg when opening trial version
I downloaded the Money 2006 Deluxe trial version, and upon opening the software am getting the following pop-up msg: "Please wait while Money 2006 checks for software updates. This process could take several minutes." Well, it's been about an hour and the software is still stuck in this loop. When I try to end the program from the Windows Task Manager, it says it can't end the program because the program is waiting on a response from me (FYI, there are no buttons in the pop-up box with which to respond). I tried to uninstall the program, but it said it would make m...

Tasks & Notes Missing from Outlook 2007
I recently upgraded one of my users from Office 2003 to Office 2007. We don't use an exchange server. When my user went to open Outlook all settings were fine except for tasks & notes which were missing. We reverted back to Office 2003 and they were still missing. We tried copying the old pst file into her settings but this did not work either. Is there any way of getting back the tasks & notes? Thank you, Tom If you press Control+6, do you see all of your folders? -- Milly Staples [MVP - Outlook] Post all replies to the group to keep the discussion intact. How to as...

Missing Codec?
Hi- Happy Thanksgiving. I've just discovered that .mp3 files in any of my .ppt files on my machine no longer play. The sound files have not been moved. I would think that maybe my machine lost the codec that allows the music files to run. Any thoughts? Running Windows XP Home. Thanks. Did you install a sound or video player / editor that may have changed the file associations? I would reinstall Windows Media Player and see if that fixes things. -- john ATSIGN PPTAlchemy.co.uk Free PPT Hints, Tips and Tutorials http://www.pptalchemy.co.uk/powerpoint_hin...

sorting of global address List in Exchange 2003
Hi there... i just migrated my users's mailboxes from exchange 5.5 to exchange 2003. since then, some of the users had been complaining about the address book view in Exchange 2003. i do not know how to create an address book view that group by Country, Company and Department. is there a way to do so like in Exchange 5.5? ...

Custom Address list without Global Address Book Listing
I have created a new ADDRESS list for one of our company divisions. The listing and query works fine for the custom address list, but I DO NOT want them listed in the Global Address Book view, only in the custom address list I created. Is there a way to make this possible? This new division has so many DL groups listed on the GAB that it is making the end-user frustrated by scrolling down so much to avoid these. All of the division employees and groups are listed in the same OU in the Active Directory Users/Computers console. The division employees will be using OWA to search for employees...

Year End Closing.... need help!!!!!!!!!
Did close the year end, but I don't know why my current transactions won't show in the inquiry and even won't print the transaction after I did the year end, but some of the current year transaction before I did the year are visible. I can only see my transaction in the Smartlist. If you can see the transactions in Smartlist, what year do they appear in (ie add the open year field and document status)? "tess0120" wrote: > Did close the year end, but I don't know why my current transactions won't > show in the inquiry and even won't print the t...

make a distribution list based on CC field in received mail
Hi I like to make a distribution list based on all the addresses in the CC field in a received email. How can I copy all these addresses and put them at once in a distribution list. I did it once but I forgot how to do it. It is even so that the email addresses in the distribution list are not seen individual in the Contacts list but form only part of the distribution list. In this way I can combine my private addresses with e.g. business distribution list. I hope I made my self clear Louis (the Netherlands) http://www.outlook-tips.net/archives/2004/20040116.htm=20 --=81 Milly Stapl...

administrator not in address list
Hi there, I tried to logon administrator email via rpc over http. After configuration successfully, upon start outlook 2003, I received the following error message. first came up to say "the name could not be match to a name in the address list". After click OK on the message (only choice), then another message came up "Unable to open your default email folder. The information store cannot be opened". Checked on server, there is a mail box for the name of administrator. Help. What and where else I should be looking for the answer ??? The that account hidden fro...

A question regarding use of the Test Container to check ActiveX controls
Hello. Apologies for the novice question here. I'm using VC++6.0sp4. I've written a tiny ActiveX control that seemingly works just fine in a container my company has written that displays graphical information. When I try my control, which simply puts up a circle/ellipse at an X,Y location within the frame of the control in the test container, if i change current x,y properies (which change where a point is drawn on the screen) it works. if i script changes to the x,y location for the current x,y properties within a loop, i only see the last x,y position drawn. I can slow the loop d...

complete list of error message for exchange?
Dear all, Can anyone tell me where to download a complete list of error message for exhcnage? thanks sam There really is no one definitive place to do this, we have some articles such as the ones below that list error codes 266361 Exstensible Storage Engine 98 Error Codes 0 to -1048 http://support.microsoft.com/?id=266361 266367 Exstensible Storage Engine 98 Error Codes -1051 to -999999 http://support.microsoft.com/?id=266367 You can also use Error.exe to translate errors. Go to a command prompt and change to your Exchsrvr\bin folder If you are getting say a -1018 error, type error -...

Cut, Copy, Paste Buttons Missing from Toolbar & Commands

Access 2000 to 2003 conversion missing reference and freezing errors
I am in the midst of trying to convert about 25 Access 2000 to Access 2003. The new environment consists of Office/Access 2003 and Outlook 2003. When converting the back ends I have no problems. When converting the front ends I get the following issues and error. If I try to import all the objects into a blank Access 2003 shell I get a missing reference error for Outlook 2000, Excel 2000, and Word 2000 or after importing all the objects Access 2003 just freezes with the Importing Objects box open. If I open the Access 2000 database in Access 2003 and try to convert I get the missing ref...

Charge appears on 2 months?
We have the billing month set to 31 days, which is what the manual says to do. When we ran our May statements, a charge from May 31ts appeared, which was fine. However, when we ran the June statements, the charge from May 31st also appeared. Does anyone know what is causing this problem? ...

How do I correctly sort a list of zip codes that has both 5-digit.
How do I correctly sort a list of zip codes that has both 5-digit zip codes and nine-digit zip+4 codes? Hi Vince, Assume the zip codes populate cells A1:A100. Use a helper column, say column B. In B1 enter the formula =len(A1) and copy down to B100. Then sort A1:B100 by Column B and then Column A. --- Regards, Norman "vince48@verizon.net" <vince48@verizon.net@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:B41E9C09-972F-443D-AF0A-64927EA797CB@microsoft.com... > How do I correctly sort a list of zip codes that has both 5-digit zip > codes > and nine...

Export address list data in an Excel worksheet for importing into.
I have a Volunteer address list in Excel that I'd like to Export to a format that I can then import into a new FileMaker Pro database. I know that the filed names will have to match. I cannot the menu under which I can export the Excel data. Most DB applications will import from a CSV format. Save the Excel file as File Type *.csv and try that. Gord Dibben Excel MVP On Fri, 15 Apr 2005 14:31:06 -0700, "ACR/HJG" <ACR/HJG@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote: >I have a Volunteer address list in Excel that I'd like to Export to a format >that I can then import ...

Macros to delete check boxes
I need to find a way to delete the check mark within a checkbox button so the customer can clear chcked items. I tried a macro but it will not uncheck the box. Do you have a solution. Thanks -- Gary Baker Gary Depends if you are using checkboxes from the forms tool box or the control one (ActiveX). This code will do both. The first line clears all the forms checkboxes, the for each...next loop goes through the collection setting all the values to false (un-checked) Sub Uncheckboxes() Dim wks As Worksheet Dim ckbx As OLEObject Set wks = Worksheets("Sheet1") With wks .che...

How to alphabetize my created list?
I an not very computer literate so I will need step by step instructions on how to create a list, then alphabetize it. Any help would be greatly appreciated. Depending on how many columns you have this is actually a very easy task. I'll do a quick example you can try then you can elaborate on it for your own. Type "Adam" - press return - Highlighted cell moves down a row Type" Eve" - press return again and highlighted cell moves down again Type " Alan" Use your mouse to click on any of the typed cells making sure the cursor is flashing and the whole ...

Checking for the date after midnight
Hi, In one of my forms, when user saves the data, the form also records the date the data was saved by the user i have named the field as transDate. This is working fine but the problem is since, we work from evening 6:00 PM to morning 3:00 AM, when user saves the data after 12:00 AM, the transDate field takes the next days date but what i need is that, even after 12:00 AM, system should calculate and take previous days date. Please help. Let me know if my question is not clear. thanks, navin Try using this --- DateAdd("h", -3, Date()) Maybe -4 to be safe? -- KARL DE...

How to change font/spacing for Outlook 2007 calendar month view?
The font and line spacing on the Outlook 2007 calendar month view makes it very difficult to read my appointments. How can I change 1) the font size, and 2) the space between lines? kgduke;146968 Wrote: > The font and line spacing on the Outlook 2007 calendar month view makes > it > very difficult to read my appointments. How can I change 1) the font > size, > and 2) the space between lines? 1. Right click on the calendar and choose Other settings to change the font. 2. You can't. -- Diane Poremsky [MVP] Diane Poremsky [MVP - Outlook] Outlo...

What is the "Check Temp Environment variable" error mean?
When I start Word 2007, in Windows 7, I get the above error. If I click "ok" I can use Word, but occasionally I'll get an insuffecient memory message (I have 4 gig) and nothing else is open. One example is openning an "docx" that contains pictures, only place holders and the teaxt is displayed. Pb45 wrote: > When I start Word 2007, in Windows 7, I get the above error. If I > click "ok" I can use Word, but occasionally I'll get an insuffecient > memory message (I have 4 gig) and nothing else is open. One example > is openning an &quo...

last name May sorted as Month in pivot table
I am importing data into an excel 2002 spreadsheet. The data has a field called Last Name that is formatted as text. In a pivot table the last name of May shows up first. I have verified that excel thinks it is a date. I have unclicked auto formatting and clicked preserve formatting among other things. This field keeps reverting to general formatting. Any advise? Thanks in advance susanne In your source data, you can replace the name May with May<space>, and it should sort properly. To change the names, select the column, and choose Edit>Replace In the Find what box, t...

macros
I'm new to macros and excel........ I have several excel spreadsheets that I need to filter daily. I would like to create a macro that can segment the system_ID with only the following numbers: (761,628,633,638,773,644,655,660,781,661,712,799,605). What I would like to happen is everytime I receive a spreadsheet filter by selecting the macro to group these numbers into a separate worksheet or something else that is visual. thanks! Util, If your system ID's are in column A, with a header in row 1, you can filter the sheet by using the macro below. HTH, Bernie MS Excel MVP Su...