Larger backup file

Why is the backup file larger than the original .mny file.
I can see them being the same size, if not using
compression, but actually being about 30% larger is a big
difference. Does anyone know the answer for this? Thanks
0
sikespa (3)
9/26/2003 10:26:29 PM
money 28651 articles. 7 followers. Follow

Not for me it isn't. Money file is 10mb and backup is 2mb.

--
Regards
Bob Peel,

 Hints/Tips
      http://support.microsoft.com/default.aspx?scid=fh;EN-GB;mny
 UK Wishes/Suggestions
      mnyukwsh@microsoft.com

"Perry" <sikespa@earthlink.net> wrote in message
> Why is the backup file larger than the original .mny file.
> I can see them being the same size, if not using
> compression, but actually being about 30% larger is a big
> difference. Does anyone know the answer for this? Thanks

0
Bob_Peel (292)
9/27/2003 3:39:48 PM
Mine are about the same size; possibly, the main file has been compacted
after the backup was made (this is the normal order of events when exiting)

BTW -- what are the file sizes?  30% is either a lot of bytes or not so many
bytes, depending.

--

Joe Norton

"Perry" <sikespa@earthlink.net> wrote in message
> Why is the backup file larger than the original .mny file.
> I can see them being the same size, if not using
> compression, but actually being about 30% larger is a big
> difference. Does anyone know the answer for this? Thanks

0
jfnorton (20)

can i delete an email and skip the delete file as a single step
Can I delete an email finally without sending it first to the delete file. Can I save a step? Use SHIFT+DELETE. This works on files within Windows as well. -- Robert Sparnaaij [MVP-Outlook] Coauthor, Configuring Microsoft Outlook 2003 http://www.howto-outlook.com/ Outlook FAQ, HowTo, Downloads, Add-Ins and more http://www.msoutlook.info/ Real World Questions, Real World Answers ----- "Hugh" <Hugh@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:5940453A-705B-4A85-9766-B05B55EF1FD8@microsoft.com... > Can I delete an email finally without sending it f...

Purchasing Excel for a PC to share files with Mac version 2008?
Which version for a PC 2003 or 2007 would be best for sharing files between that and a Mac using Excel 2008? This site may help with your decision: http://mac-advisor.com/pages/MSoffice_file_format.html "vivreexcel" wrote: > Which version for a PC 2003 or 2007 would be best for sharing files between > that and a Mac using Excel 2008? vivreexcel - Mac Excel 2008 can read and write XLS and XLSX files, so either Excel 2003 or Excel 2007 is fine. Mac Excel 2008 does not support VBA, so XLA and XLSM are off limits. For a more Mac-centric set of opinions, p...

How to find Latest n files from a directory using VC++
Dear Experts , I am developing an application in VC++ 6.0 . My application is releated with reading and writing large numbers of file . i have one directory say [C:\Test] which contains 10,000 files and may be more . i want to know how can i find latest 20 files that is created in C:\Test . I am using CFileFind and CFileStatus to find file and to Get Creation time of file but i think as my content of directory increases it will comsume more time for searching latest 20 files ...... Can anyone tell me how to come around this searching problem... is there any readymade class available th...

File attachment folder
How can you access the folder where the email file attachments are stored? IF I open an attachment and do a "save as", it defaults to c:\documents andSetting\username\local settings\Temp Internet File\Temp\OLKAF. If I open Explore and drill down to that folder, there is no TEMP folder much less OLKAF folder. Where does this exist? Is this some sort of symbolic link back to the Exchange server? It won't show in Explorer or My Computer. If you use a CMD.EXE session you can navigate down to it. "Patrickm" <pmatthews@paysbig.com> wrote in message news:e869...

I need to recover a copy of a file I have changed
I changed document in Publisher and saved it with the name of a file I really need. Is there anyway I can recover the original file? Walt wrote: > I changed document in Publisher and saved it with the name of a file > I really need. Is there anyway I can recover the original file? ===================================== Replaced (overwritten) files are non-recoverable unless you have some type of backup. Just for example...some versions of Vista have a feature called Shadow Copy. Windows Vista - Shadow Copy http://tinyurl.com/37sclr -- John Inzer MS Picture It! - Digital ...

How to I delete directories with files.
How to I delete directories with files. Thank You. ;o) You should be able to use the SHFileOperation() API. See if the following link helps you. http://msdn.microsoft.com/msdnmag/issues/01/04/c/ -- Cheers Check Abdoul [ VC++ MVP ] ----------------------------------- "Renato T. Forti" <renato@dynamic-e.net> wrote in message news:eprdwWaRDHA.1072@TK2MSFTNGP10.phx.gbl... > How to I delete directories with files. > > > > Thank You. ;o) > > ...

Prevent Access To already open file
Hi, I am new to excell and this forum. Is there a way of preventing someone else opening an excel spreadsheet whilst it is being edited by someonelse even read only. Regards Dave:confused: -- ashtod1 ------------------------------------------------------------------------ ashtod1's Profile: http://www.excelforum.com/member.php?action=getinfo&userid=30168 View this thread: http://www.excelforum.com/showthread.php?threadid=498523 ...

Synchronizing .dbx files to 2 computers
Over the years, I have set up an extensive folder tree for managing personal and business emails. There are probably 50 - 60 folders nested 4 levels deep. In addition, message rules move emails automatically to some folders, for example different clients, kids sports notifications, known spam and more. These are great for retrieval, but now I'd like to have a current copy of emails on two machines. Has anyone experience in coming up with a solution to the multiple computer problem? Here's a scheme that did NOT work! I thought that it might be possible to use My Brie...

Excel
I have 65 text files which I want to import into one Excel worksheet s I can run a report on the data. Is this possible -- Message posted from http://www.ExcelForum.com Hi if you're looking for a way to automatically import several text files, this posting may help you: http://tinyurl.com/35fyc Note: Excel has a row limit (65536 maximum). depending on the size of your text files you max exceed this limit Frank > I have 65 text files which I want to import into one Excel worksheet > so I can run a report on the data. Is this possible? > > > --- > Message posted from ...

Filename Split, then files not found, then original file opens...
The craziest thing has started happening. When I open a file excel splits my file (path and name) on spaces and tries to open individual files of the text strings created by the split. So if I open C:\Documents and Settings\User\Desktop\file.xls If will alert: \e.xls could not be found.... then it will alert C:\Documents.xls could not be found then it alerts and.xls could not be found then Settings\User\Desktop\file.xls could not be found Then it opens the file... Very weird, and very annoying. Does anybody know how to fix this? Thanks... -Marc --- Message posted from http://www...

Microsoft Automatic updater file
Version: 2004 Operating System: Mac OS X 10.6 (Snow Leopard) Processor: Intel Where is this file located? The drop down menu is there in word & excel with no functions. Has it disappeared with Snow Leopard? My version of Office is seriously running riot since 10.6.1. A manual search and upgrade to version Office 2004 11.5.4 has not restored this capability. On 10/6/09 10:39 PM, in article 59b7e0b1.-1@webcrossing.caR9absDaxw, "Nosila@officeformac.com" <Nosila@officeformac.com> wrote: > Where is this file located? The drop down menu is there in word & excel with >...

Problems with hidden files.
Hi. Running a computer with Windows Vista. But I am having problems with folders created directly on my d-drive. I can not see them in Computer. But if I'm using commnad promt, I can see the folder. Have tried to use Folder Options, but it does not work! Any idea how I can solve this problem? Thank you in advance. Dag N Perhaps D drive is a hiddon recovery partition, on which you are not supposed to be writing any files/folders "Dag N" <skier@start.no> wrote in message news:EF31EA88-064F-4807-A2FD-B21F804AABBB@microsoft.com... > Hi. > Run...

how to open a pagemaker file with the extension .pmd , read only t
Hi, i'm using vc++6.0 MFC Application Wizard dialog based application and pagemaker 7.0... i need to open the pagemaker file with the extention .pmd using vc++ coding and i should read only the text from the file and i have to write the text in an excel sheet using vc++ coding.. can anyone help me to solve this problem....... ...

Exchange 2003 will not backup.
We recently encountered a problem with exchange when Symantec quarantined e00.log causing exchange to go down. I was able to recover the log file and everything came back up, and all seems to be working fine. However we are experience a backup problem. We are currently using the built in Microsoft Backup, and it is set to backup the exchange file store weekly. If you try to back it up manually or let it follow the schedule it fails and lists the following in the log. __________________________________________________________ Backup Status Operation: Backup Active backup destinati...

.adm file for IE8 on Server 2003
Where can I find the .adm file for IE8 on Server 2003 to manage group policy for XP SP3 clients I need to import the inetres.adm for IE8 into the server 2003 JonesYorks <JonesYorks@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote: > Where can I find the .adm file for IE8 on Server 2003 to manage group policy > for XP SP3 clients > > I need to import the inetres.adm for IE8 into the server 2003 Paste inetres.adm into the google.com search field. ...

How to reduce Excel file size from 17.2 MB
I have a large Excel file used for financial modelling purposes - it is about 2 MB large, containing many macros. After I added three small new macros, and imported some worksheets from other Excel files I was shocked to discover the file size had increased to 17 plus MB. now my ISP won't accept it in my e-mail! How can I determine where / how to reduce the file size? I notice that when I look in my macro's that I still have the choice of choosing all open workbooks or the one currently open, as if there should be a choice even though I have only one workbook open. I must have...

[MDI] have a few doc type created while user press file new option?
Hello I'm new to MFC. I'm writing a MDI program which will plot a few graphs. So I use AddDocTemplate() to make a doc type for each graph that i need to plot. But the problem is when a user press file new, a dialog box come up and ask which type of doc they want instead of creating new child windows for all the type. How can i make it create all doc type windows instaed of asking which one the user want Thanks : Like, if i have 2 doc type for 2 graph. Cgraph1Doc and Cgraph1View for graph 1. And Cgraph2Doc and Cgraph2View for graph2. When the user press file new, the program ask wh...

Transfer Publisher 95 files to Publisher 98
Originally I had Publisher 95, Then later Publisher 98, Then the dreaded blue screen crash on my new computer and I lost everything. I have located most of my envelope information and addresses on floppy but they are from 95, but am having trouble getting them accross into my reloaded 98, It keeps telling me that it needs the programme that they were created in, which if 95, is long gone. Could you help please ? You can send the files to me, or if the files are mostly text, in Publisher, file, open, more files, files of type, scroll down to "recover text from any file." Publi...

Synchronizing files and VS
I work from several differnet workstations and it would be great if I could utilize the synchronize feature to make a local copy while assuring that the master copy is always up to date on the server. Has anyone done this? How does it work? The documentation seems to be targeted for web content not source files. Jeff B x-- 100 Proof News - http://www.100ProofNews.com x-- 30+ Days Binary Retention with High Completion x-- Access to over 1.9 Terabytes per Day - $8.95/Month x-- UNLIMITED DOWNLOAD Hello Jeff, On Mon, 3 Oct 2005 10:17:56 -0500, Jeff B wrote: > I work from sever...

Excel truncating imported file to 256 characters per cell
Hi to all I am trying to import a works database into excel. I can convert database to CSV etc but on importing to or opening in excel the text in each cell is truncated to 256 characters. If I paste 1 cell from Excel into say Word I only get 256 characters. I have researched this on the internet but cannot find the answer. I can paste and invidual cell from Works to Excell and the text is not truncated and can all be seen. I cannot bulk paste them without them being truncated What is is the solution? Database is about 300,000 cells I am using Excel from Office 97 Cheers Don Strachan...

Creating a right-click command to backup file
Hi All I have Creating a right-click command to backup file try txt and then xls file. Try txt file ok. Then try xls file, not ok, when right-click no option prompted ? Do you know why ? For txt file REGEDIT4 [HKEY_CLASSES_ROOT\txtfile\shell\backupfile] @="Backup Text File" [HKEY_CLASSES_ROOT\txtfile\shell\backupfile\command] @="cscript //b H:\Software\shell\xbcp.vbs "%1" "txt"" For excel file REGEDIT4 [HKEY_CLASSES_ROOT\xlsfile\shell\backupfile] @="Backup Excel File" [HKEY_CLASSES_ROOT\xlsfile\shell\backupfile\...

Play audio files.
How do I push audio to a client PC so that it plays immediately on the client's speakers? Specifically... My server program has several audio feeds that may change from time-to-time. My client program is a simple program that allows an operator to select a specific feed from a list of many possible feeds. The selection is forwarded to the server program. When the server detects that an appropriate audio feed is present, the server streams the audio to the client PC. On the client PC, without any interaction by the user, I want the audio to begin playing immediately as soon as the b...

Moving Files After Hyperlink
I have built an inventory and created a hyperlink to each item' picture. The hyperlink references the picture in a folder on my har drive. I want to save this spreadsheet and the pictures to a CD, an have the hyperlink point to the new folder/file on the CD. Any way t do this, or must I edit all the hyperlinks individually -- Kennet ----------------------------------------------------------------------- Kenneth's Profile: http://www.excelforum.com/member.php?action=getinfo&userid=148 View this thread: http://www.excelforum.com/showthread.php?threadid=26803 Kenneth, If you can,...

Creating HTML help file from within Visual C++ Build
When I created an MFC AppWizard project, Visual C++ also created a bare-bones help file for WinHelp. Whenever I build the project, VC++ compiles this help file automatically. However, I do not want to use this WinHelp help file. I have separately created a chm (HTML help) file for my application, which I would like VC++ to compile during the application build process and place in a specified directory. How do I go about: 1. Removing the default WinHelp compiling from the project? 2. Adding HTML help compiling to the project? Thanks for help Abhijit 1. I think you can remove the default help...

Exchange backup disabled user
Hi all, We are running Exchange 2000 and Veritas Backup Exec 9.0 When a user leaves, we want to: Disable the AD a/c and stop the user from receiving mail, backup the mailbox, then delete it after 30 days (default retention period). We want to disable a user the day that they leave so they no longer have access to our network. The problem is though that we cannot backup the mailbox while the AD a/c is disabled. We would like to leave the mailbox in the backup schedule for 30 days so that it is backed up onto the tape which we store away once a month (therefore we always have a backup of...