Is It Over

Well, Chase did an update/upgrade this morning, and when I signed on using Money 2007 Deluxe, it would not update my
accounts. Does this mean the end of MS Money for me ? A CS rep said that Chase will only be using MS Money 2008 from
here on in. Sounds kind of stupid that yesterday my software worked, and this morning it does not. I also have Quicken
on my machine and that works fine. I guess I am going to have to purchase Quicken 2010 and hope I can convert my old
MSMoney files to Quicken. Chase said they are still supporting Money, for now.
0
HowdyDoody
11/15/2009 10:46:28 PM
money 28651 articles. 7 followers. Follow

There is no difference between M+(2008) and M2007 as far as the OFX server
is concerned.  Your CSR is probably just lying (or rather, making up an
answer to get rid of you).  I had problems with my Chase Updates and Epays
at about 6 PM EST tonight with Money+.  It works now at 8 PM EST.  On the
other hand my two Credit Card payments from Chase (Transfers, not Epays) are
not working.  I'll try again tomorrow, it will probably work then.
--
Peace,
BobJ

"HowdyDoody" <howdy@doody.com> wrote in message
> Well, Chase did an update/upgrade this morning, and when I signed on using
> Money 2007 Deluxe, it would not update my
> accounts. Does this mean the end of MS Money for me ? A CS rep said that
> Chase will only be using MS Money 2008 from
> here on in. Sounds kind of stupid that yesterday my software worked, and
> this morning it does not. I also have Quicken
> on my machine and that works fine. I guess I am going to have to purchase
> Quicken 2010 and hope I can convert my old
> MSMoney files to Quicken. Chase said they are still supporting Money, for
> now.

0
Marilyn
11/16/2009 12:57:53 AM
On Nov 15, 7:57=A0pm, "Marilyn & Bob" <Priv...@nospam.please> wrote:
> There is no difference between M+(2008) and M2007 as far as the OFX serve=
> is concerned. =A0Your CSR is probably just lying (or rather, making up an
> answer to get rid of you). =A0I had problems with my Chase Updates and Ep=
ays
> at about 6 PM EST tonight with Money+. =A0It works now at 8 PM EST. =A0On=
 the
> other hand my two Credit Card payments from Chase (Transfers, not Epays) =
are
> not working. =A0I'll try again tomorrow, it will probably work then.
> --
> Peace,
> BobJ
>
> "HowdyDoody" <ho...@doody.com> wrote in message

> > Well, Chase did an update/upgrade this morning, and when I signed on us=
ing
> > Money 2007 Deluxe, it would not update my
> > accounts. Does this mean the end of MS Money for me ? A CS rep said tha=
> > Chase will only be using MS Money 2008 from
> > here on in. Sounds kind of stupid that yesterday my software worked, an=
> > this morning it does not. I also have Quicken
> > on my machine and that works fine. I guess I am going to have to purcha=
se
> > Quicken 2010 and hope I can convert my old
> > MSMoney files to Quicken. Chase said they are still supporting Money, f=
or
> > now.- Hide quoted text -

I've been a Money user since 1995 and currently use Money Premium
2007, boxed edition which I've used for over three years now. I
currently have Chase for my major credit card and my mortgage. I have
NO problems because I manually enter our credit card transactions
daily into Money by reviewing our receipts against the online website
report. Very easy. Takes a minute or two and I KNOW where I stand
everyday. I could care less if Chase nixes Money. Steve
0
Steve
11/16/2009 1:27:27 AM
On Sun, 15 Nov 2009 17:27:27 -0800 (PST), Steve <sjcohen730@aol.com> wrote:

>On Nov 15, 7:57�pm, "Marilyn & Bob" <Priv...@nospam.please> wrote:
>> There is no difference between M+(2008) and M2007 as far as the OFX server
>> is concerned. �Your CSR is probably just lying (or rather, making up an
>> answer to get rid of you). �I had problems with my Chase Updates and Epays
>> at about 6 PM EST tonight with Money+. �It works now at 8 PM EST. �On the
>> other hand my two Credit Card payments from Chase (Transfers, not Epays) are
>> not working. �I'll try again tomorrow, it will probably work then.
>> --
>> Peace,
>> BobJ
>>
>> "HowdyDoody" <ho...@doody.com> wrote in message

>> > Well, Chase did an update/upgrade this morning, and when I signed on using
>> > Money 2007 Deluxe, it would not update my
>> > accounts. Does this mean the end of MS Money for me ? A CS rep said that
>> > Chase will only be using MS Money 2008 from
>> > here on in. Sounds kind of stupid that yesterday my software worked, and
>> > this morning it does not. I also have Quicken
>> > on my machine and that works fine. I guess I am going to have to purchase
>> > Quicken 2010 and hope I can convert my old
>> > MSMoney files to Quicken. Chase said they are still supporting Money, for
>> > now.- Hide quoted text -

>I've been a Money user since 1995 and currently use Money Premium
>2007, boxed edition which I've used for over three years now. I
>currently have Chase for my major credit card and my mortgage. I have
>NO problems because I manually enter our credit card transactions
>daily into Money by reviewing our receipts against the online website
>report. Very easy. Takes a minute or two and I KNOW where I stand
>everyday. I could care less if Chase nixes Money. Steve

Thanks for the reply. As of 8:30 CST it works again. I spoke to a CS Supvvr and she confirmed that there were problems
with MS money but hopefully it is all straightened out.
0
HowdyDoody
11/16/2009 2:31:53 AM
On Sun, 15 Nov 2009 19:57:53 -0500, "Marilyn & Bob" <Privacy@nospam.please> wrote:

>There is no difference between M+(2008) and M2007 as far as the OFX server
>is concerned.  Your CSR is probably just lying (or rather, making up an
>answer to get rid of you).  I had problems with my Chase Updates and Epays
>at about 6 PM EST tonight with Money+.  It works now at 8 PM EST.  On the
>other hand my two Credit Card payments from Chase (Transfers, not Epays) are
>not working.  I'll try again tomorrow, it will probably work then.

You are correct that there is no difference and you are also correct in that the first level CSR didn't know her ass
from a hole in the grtound, but all is well at 8:30 PM CST.

0
HowdyDoody
11/16/2009 2:33:09 AM
At 12:45 AM EST, I am still having an error message when trying to make a
payment from checking to pay my credit card bills.  Have you tried that yet?
Download from Chase works fine as well as strait Epays, but the Epays to pay
the credit cards (which are called Transfers) are still not working.
--

> On Sun, 15 Nov 2009 19:57:53 -0500, "Marilyn & Bob"
> <Privacy@nospam.please> wrote:
>
>>There is no difference between M+(2008) and M2007 as far as the OFX server
>>is concerned.  Your CSR is probably just lying (or rather, making up an
>>answer to get rid of you).  I had problems with my Chase Updates and Epays
>>at about 6 PM EST tonight with Money+.  It works now at 8 PM EST.  On the
>>other hand my two Credit Card payments from Chase (Transfers, not Epays)
>>are
>>not working.  I'll try again tomorrow, it will probably work then.
>

> You are correct that there is no difference and you are also correct in
> that the first level CSR didn't know her ass
> from a hole in the grtound, but all is well at 8:30 PM CST.

0
Marilyn
11/16/2009 5:45:42 AM
On Mon, 16 Nov 2009 00:45:42 -0500, "Marilyn & Bob" <Privacy@nospam.please> wrote:

>At 12:45 AM EST, I am still having an error message when trying to make a
>payment from checking to pay my credit card bills.  Have you tried that yet?
>Download from Chase works fine as well as strait Epays, but the Epays to pay
>the credit cards (which are called Transfers) are still not working.

As of this AM it is still working. Submitted a few online payments and they are on the banks web site as pending, so I
assume they will be paid. I updated and that went well also, so hopefully this was only a minor blip.

But, I will continue to use Quicken as well if down the road they shut of MS Money.
0
HowdyDoody
11/16/2009 3:14:11 PM
I have made an Epay as well, using the page that says Make an Electronic
Payment.  But  Money calls Credit Card payments a Transfer and you submit
them from a page called Make an Electronic TRANSFER.  That function is what
is NOT working for me.  I called Chase this morning and they finally (after
31 minutes, mostly on hold) told me that they are having trouble with that
function and are "working on it".  If anyone with Chase has successfully
made an electronic transfer, could they please let me know.
--

> On Mon, 16 Nov 2009 00:45:42 -0500, "Marilyn & Bob"
> <Privacy@nospam.please> wrote:
>
>>At 12:45 AM EST, I am still having an error message when trying to make a
>>payment from checking to pay my credit card bills.  Have you tried that
>>yet?
>>Download from Chase works fine as well as strait Epays, but the Epays to
>>pay
>>the credit cards (which are called Transfers) are still not working.
>
> As of this AM it is still working. Submitted a few online payments and
> they are on the banks web site as pending, so I
> assume they will be paid. I updated and that went well also, so hopefully
> this was only a minor blip.
>
> But, I will continue to use Quicken as well if down the road they shut of
> MS Money.

0
Marilyn