INVOICE DESIGNER NOT WORKING

Could sure use your help.  I upgraded from Money 2001 to 2004.  I followed
Bob Peel's instructions (listed below) without any problem.  BUT - when I
went to Invoice Designer - I received the following message.

"Failed to load "CommonDialog" from comdlg32.ocx.  Your version of
comdlg32.ocx may be outdated.  Make sure you are using the version of the
control that was provided with your application."

I removed Norton again and reinstalled Money 2004 again.  Same problem.  I
upgraded to Money 2004 so I could use the invoice section.  Any suggestions?

Also, while I've got your ear.  I installed a logo.  No problem - except
that it was too large.  I resized the logo,  saved it as a new file and
tried to insert it again.  Money keeps using the old  file.  I removed the
old file - but it keeps inserting it anyway.  HELP?????

Thanks in advance for your help.  Please answer to Newsgroup.

Galen

0
musictec (2)
4/2/2004 9:34:53 PM
money 28651 articles. 7 followers. Follow

Invoicing with Multiple Bins
Does the invoicing module work with multiple bins enabled ? A client of ours is receiving an error message when trying to enter invoices: "You can't create or post invoices with the multiple bin functionality enabled" Any ideas? If using mulit bins you'll have to use Sales Transaction Entry for Invoicing. The Invoice Entry window does not provide for selection of the bin, only a Site. Hope this helps, Frank Hamelly MCP-GP, MCT, MVP East Coast Dynamics www.eastcoast-dynamics.com blog: www.gp2themax.blogspot.com Thank you, Frank. I had to figure this out the hard wa...

Server/Client Side Rules Not Working?
Hello all, We have an Exchange Server v5.5 build 2653.23 SP4 running on a Windows 2000 SP4 machine. Whenever ANY one of our Outlook 2000 and Outlook 2003 clients tries to create a rule it ALWAYS defaults to client-side, and never actually executes. There are no errors logged in the Applications event log on the server or client. Here is some additional info you may find useful: 1. The Exchange server resides in domain:CDS 2. Users logon to domain:NT (2-way trust established with doamin:CDS), their primary account is listed in ExchAdmin as NT/Username. 3. When users logon to do...

2003 - Doc Routing
Since upgrading to Outlook/Excel 2003, I am no longer able to route documents. After I select File > Send To > Routing Recipient, Excel hangs & I have to use Task Manager to close the program. I am running Win XP (Service Pack 2) & Office 2003 (11.6355.6360 - Service Pack 1). Any suggestions? ...

Working with Office Live Workspace
Version: 2008 Operating System: Mac OS X 10.5 (Leopard) Processor: Intel Does Office for Mac work with Office Live Workspace? ...

Outlook Sales not working after upgrade
I had the Adventure Works test set up and working with version 1.0. Then after I upgraded the web interface works but the Outlook Sales client doesn't. It acts like it installs correctly and when you open Outlook it has the CRM folder, but there is nothing in it. Any ideas? Thanks, Nate ...

Attribute targetNamespace does not match the designated namespace
Hi you all. I've got a problem validating an XML file using the following Schema (I'll post only the beginning of this): ---------------------------------------------------------------------------- <?xml version="1.0" encoding="utf-8"?> <xs:schema xmlns="http://tempuri.org/ae" elementFormDefault="qualified" targetNamespace="http://tempuri.org/ae" xmlns:xs="http://www.w3.org/2001/XMLSchema"> <xs:element name="FileContratti"> <xs:complexType> .... (to be continue)... ---------------...

a question 'bout const (design)
hello;-) i've a little complex control-class with it's own worker-tread for controls of that type. most control-setter-functions (for example: set the background color, let an element blink, etc...) work like this: 1. someone calls a public fn. 2. public fn calls private static threadpost-wrapper. 3. threadpost-wrapper post ThreadMsg 4. control class worker UI thread does something stupid... so, the question is: the public fn that calls the wrapper actually *could* be marked const as is just calls static and const fn. On the ohter hand, ive read somewhere that i should try to have ...

Right click not working in the Messages pane
Suddently yesterday the right click is not working in the Messages pane of outlook. It is working in the folders list and the preview pane but not in the messages list. Does anyone know what the reason can be? did you try restarting outlook or rebooting the computer? -- Diane Poremsky [MVP - Outlook] Author, Teach Yourself Outlook 2003 in 24 Hours Coauthor, OneNote 2003 for Windows (Visual QuickStart Guide) Need Help with Common Tasks? http://www.outlook-tips.net/beginner/ Outlook 2007: http://www.slipstick.com/outlook/ol2007/ Outlook Tips: http://www.outlook-tips.net/ Outlook & E...

Unexpected feature when working with Reporting Services
Using a previous version of Internet Explorer (6.0.2800.1106CO) we generate a Report from an aspx page (using Reporting Services). Then the report was showed in a popup page. The Reporting Services can export a report to Excel, so we used to do this and an Excel sheet opened, and the previous page (the 'popup') kept open. Now we've upgraded the Explorer to the 6.0.2900.2180.xpsp_sp2_rtm.040803-2158CO version and when exporting the report to an excel, the popup closes... we don't know why... can anybody explain me how to resolve this? Thanks in advance. has IE enabled...

Money 2005
Money 2005 is no longer allowing me to access the program. When I try to connect online I get an error message that my email address or password is incorrect, or the server is down. When I try to connect offline it tells me my password can not be verified and I need to go online. The result is that the software is completely inaccessible. I have tried to reinstall without success. The problem with M2005 is that shortly after release a real show stopper bug was found and a forced patch was needed. Check your version in Help > About - it must be 14.0.xxx.1105. If it isn't you n...

is IMF working?
I've had the block setting down to 4 and up to 8. It is set to 'reject' mail. It seems to make no difference to the amount of junk mail I receive. Most or all of my junk mail is blocked by Outlook. When I use OWA instead, I have to wade through the junk (typically 80 per day) to get to the real mail (typically 2 per day). Is this a sign that the second part of IMF (mark mail as junk) is working? Do I need to set the intelligent mail filter even lower? two? one? Does exchange support any counters? Is there an IMF counter? How do I tell if IMF is working? I posted some d...

Help with creating invoice in other currency
I am looking to set up multi-currency invoicing so that I can create an invoice in Great Plains 7.50g3 in a currency (British Pounds) other than the functional currency (US Dollars). I believe I have multi-currency access set up properly, have currencies and exchange rates set up, have accounts set up to receive postings in multiple currencies, and the customer set up with a default currency of British Pounds. However, when I create an invoice, all the financial values are in US Dollars, and the Currency ID field is disabled. What is causing the Currency ID field to remain disabled? Th...

Outlook SEND won't work until fetch
If I compose a message in Outlook and click SEND, the >message does not get sent. Then when I close Outlook, I >get a dialog box which says I have message(s) in my >outbox, do I still want to close? > >I found that the next time I do a fetch email command, >Outlook sends whatever was left in the outbox the last >time I closed the program. > >How do I get the program to send messages when I click >SEND? > >TIA, >Jack We have this exact problem at work with a few of our Outlook 2000 installations. This key combo works for them: CTRL+ENTER >...

i need to create an invoice that will flag up when not paid
i want an invoice that will flag up when customer not paid within a certain time, any ideas Not sure what you mean by "flag up" but if you have a cell with the invoice date and you want another cell to tell you if it's overdue you can use the following assume cell A1 has invoice date "certain time"=2 weeks(14 days) in my example =IF(TODAY()-A1>14, "OVERDUE","") If this is not what you were looking for, please clarify your question. - Search "bgc1416" wrote: > i want an invoice that will flag up when customer not paid within...

rules wizerd is not working
in outlook my rules wizerd is not working also i can not create folders anymore sneustein <sneustein@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote: > in outlook my rules wizerd is not working also i can not create > folders anymore What happens when you try? What version of Outlook? What type of account? -- Brian Tillman ...

Reapplying Notest Master not working
I've tried this in PP2007 & PP2010 RC. I have a handful of decks where I've modified the notes master to include new headers and footers. However many random slides in the decks aren't using the master. I've tried to visit each one and apply the notes master, but in some cases one of the following happens: (1) nothing happens, (2) only the slide & notes field get updated, the footers & headers don't change. Is there a way to say "blow away all customizations to the notes page use the notes master for everything" ??? Seems like this should be a...

CRM 3.0 - Web UI
Just wondering if anyone else has had this problem occur with their install of CRM 3.0. When you try to access the WorkPlace >> Calender page within the web application, i always get an error message when it tries to open the aspx page (home_calender.aspx). The error states "Unexpected error - an error has occured contact your system administrator" Any ideas as to why i would not be able to open this page ?? The user trying to open it has all roles assigned to it within CRM, and is a domain admins (Windows 2003 server, running Sql 2005, Exchange 2003) I am experienci...

track in appointment dont work
Hello! I want to track in a appointment but it dosen't work? I get a error message that i have not enough rights but i' am system adminstrator. With track in mail there is no problem... Thanks for any help. ...

record multiple invoices to a single deposit
Hello, I was trying to find a way to post several invoices to a single deposit. Is this possible? For example, I receive payment for a $25 and a payment for $45 I will make a deposit to the bank for $70, but in my money register it shows as a $25 and $45 deposit on the same day. I would like for the money register to match the actual deposit amount. Thank you in advance. Here's a link to a previous thread on this issue: http://groups.google.com/groups?hl=en&lr=&ie=UTF-8&oe=UTF-8&threadm=%23ASSakB2CHA.2644%40TK2MSFTNGP11.phx.gbl&rnum=1&prev=/groups%3Fq%3D...

Up/down arrows don't work with data validation list/in-cell dropdown
I have a number of worksheets where I use the in-cell dropdown (from list) function of data validation. When I open the list by either clicking on the drop down button or by pressing Alt-Down arrow, the only way I can move through the list is to grab the scroll bar itself and move it down. The up and down buttons do not function nor does clicking in the open space just above or below the scroll bar. Any ideas as to what is causing this? David Jones David, I just set up an entire column with Data Validation with List. I used 39 entries in the list. The up/down buttons are working as they ...

Exchange backup isn't working
Exchange 2003 running on win 2003 standard. About a week ago a defrag was done on the database and the backups were working. Suddenly we started to recieve errors that backups were failing. The errors in Event viewer are NtBackup ID 8001 and 8019. The backup report log says the following: Backup Type: Normal Backup started on 8/31/2005 at 7:57 AM. The 'Microsoft Information Store' returned 'Error returned from an ESE function call (d). ' from a call to 'HrESEBackupRead()' additional data '-'The 'Microsoft Information Store' returned 'Erro...

Submitting Invoices
We currently have a connector that allows submission of CRM Invoices to Office Accounting 2007. Submitted invoices are linked and changes made to CRM invoices can be reflected to Office Accounting. To know more about our product, visit http://gurangosoft.com/crm2oa.aspx. Thanks, Kathleen ...

MS Access & Citrix
Hi, all. We have a home-grown Access application that approximately 50 users use to access different, but related, databases on different Linux servers across the US. We are trying to combine all these different databases into one database that everyone can access through a Citrix server. In the initial (very) testing phase, we have found some strange problems with our Access app that may be related to the programming within the application or may be related to the Citrix side of things (although when we try to do an analagous task going just through Access itself we don't have the same...

Small Business Invoice Items
Money started doing a strange thing yesterday. I add my items and comments/description to a single line. I may add another like item with a differnet description. Before yesterday it always left them seperate and on seperate lines. Now it combines all like items and uses the default desrciption. Anyone know how to get it back to leaving them as individual items? ...

setfocus not working?
I have VBA code which is run in the AfterUpdate event for a text box. It basically checks to see if the data entered in the text box matches a criteria. If not, it displays an message box asking if they want to continue. If not, I want the text box to be re-selected so that they can change the value. The following is my VBA, which uses SetFocus to re-select the text box. But for some reason, if I try to SetFocus back on the text box, it is completely ignored and the form moves on to the next field. However, if I SetFocus on a different control it will do it just fine. So, I tried...