INVESTMENT OPPORTUNITY!
Fork It Over!

a Ground Floor
Unique Dimension & Concept
In the
Children's Entertainment Market...
For More information
http://www.kidseyeview.us

money 28651 articles. 7 followers. Follow

exchange 5.5 IS maximum size
Could anyone tell me the maximum size that an exchange 5.5 information store can reach. I thought it was 16gig, but then I saw the post below. Thanks. > BTW, what is the recommended maximum size of a 5.5 database (IS)? > >Depends on your SLA. How long can you afford to be down while you restore >a database? I tend to keep them to around 30 gigs or so and add more >servers if they get above that number. ...

GP8.0 vs GP 5.5
can GP 8.0 and GP 5.5 co-exist in one machine (server)? running in SQL 2000 under WIN2003 S.E ...? Not if you are using the same SQL instance. Plus GP 5.5 system tasks may not work on SQL 2000. Each GP systems requires its own DYNAMICS database. Regards James "Heddy" <Heddy@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:3949CAE5-40DC-489E-8D8B-E3609EFAF79C@microsoft.com... > can GP 8.0 and GP 5.5 co-exist in one machine (server)? running in SQL > 2000 > under WIN2003 S.E ...? James, I'm kinda lost in here,please bear with me... here is the scenario...

Need help with complex Lookup formula....
Need a formula that I just can't seem to get. I have a sheet that has a header row "Day 1" to "Day 31" then belo that a section of rows with data. Day 1 Day 2 Day 3 Day 4 ........ 1 0 -1 2 ........ 0 3 -10 5 ........ What I need to do is write a lookup that takes a day number input (Fo example, 2) and adds all the data from the column that has "Day 2 header to the next 7 days to "Day 9". So it would be 7 coulmns wide an like 20 rows down. I've tried all sorts of stuff bu...

Money for Pocket PC #5
My deposits from invoice payments are not showing up in my Money for Pocket PC. I am using Money 2005 and Pocket PC 2003. You must use PPC2005 with M2005. -- Regards Bob Peel, Microsoft MVP - Money For UK tips & fixes see http://support.microsoft.com/default.aspx?scid=fh;EN-GB;mny. For wishes or suggestions see http://register.microsoft.com/mswish/suggestion.asp or for UK wishes http://www.microsoft.com/uk/support/money/feedback I do not respond to any emails that I have not specifically asked for. "J Marx" <JMarx@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:A6...

Need help T-SQL convert column to row.
I have MS Access table and need to convert the columns to rows. There is 50 states (column names) in #accessTable. Also, I only want to convert these columns which has value = 1 match with #StateCode and return stateid. Below is the business rule and desired results. SQL 2005. Thank you so much in advance. IF OBJECT_ID('Tempdb.dbo.#AccessTable ', 'u') IS NOT NULL DROP TABLE #AccessTable GO CREATE TABLE #AccessTable ( CustId INT NULL, AL TINYINT NULL, AK TINYINT NULL, AZ TINYINT NULL, AR TINYINT NULL...

Installation of Crystal Reports says that 9.2.0 detected, needs 9.
Hello, I am in the process of installing CRM 1.2 on a Windows 2003 SBS server. I have gotten to the point of installing the Crystal Reports that comes with CRM onto the server. When I try to install Crystal Reports, it says that it has detected version 9.2.0 on the server and it needs to be upgraded to v9.2.2 before installation of CR can continue. The only copy of CR that I can figure out that is on the server is the copy that came with Visual Studio. I can't figure out how to tell what its version number is.. Its a pretty stripped down copy of CR. Looking at the makers of ...

Cell Change Color
Hi All, I wonder if anyone can help me on this. I'm working on something which will help me to monitor inputs. e.g. A system will send a heartbeat every minute which I will be able capture as input to my excel spresheet, say cell C3. Now, this are the requirement for the output: If cell C3 is updating every minute consistently then cell A1 will remain or change to GREEN. If cell C3 is not updating after 1minute 30seconds then cell A1 will change to AMBER but if it is updating again cell A1 will change to GREEN again. If cell C3 is not updating after 2minutes the cell A1 will change t...

Exchange 5.5 SP4
Hi, I have an NT4 server with Exchange 5.5 SP4 installed. I have followed all the guides for ensuring relaying is prohibited on our server - tried the telnet tests (MAIL FROM, RCPT TO etc) and I get the response 550 relaying is prohibited. However, when online our Exchange outbound queue constantly fills with spam mail, originating from the sender <>. How can I stop this? Any info would be appreciated. Thanks, Paul. On Wed, 10 Nov 2004 13:12:24 -0000, "Paul Kavanagh" <pkavanagh@ntlworld.com> wrote: >Hi, > >I have an NT4 server with Exchange 5.5 SP4 ...

Need advice re importing email address book from AOL to Outlook
How can I import the address book and saved emails from an America Online account to Outlook? I know how to use the import function in Outlook but it doesn't appear to list the format AOL uses for its address book. I am trying to migrate a small home office from the owner's personal AOL account (email and web browsing) to use Outlook and Explorer but there is too much data (addresses and emails) to manually retype. See http://www.slipstick.com/config/convaddr.htm and http://www.slipstick.com/config/convmsg.htm for ideas. -- Jocelyn Fiorello MVP - Outlook *** Messages sent t...

Problems installing Exchange 5.5
I keep getting Dr. Watson on NT Setup.exe wehn i try to run both copies of my Exchange 5.5. I'm trying to install this on an NT server that is running service pack 5. I already tried to reinstall the OS on another server but still gettting the same error. Has anyone seen this before? Thank you in advance ...

Need file name
What is the name of the file that shows if the e-mails are actually leaving my desktop. Last month someone told me to turn that on so we could track the e-mails and I forgot to change it back. I thought I had saved all the messages but of course they are gone. Thanks for any help you can give me. -- Shirley Shirley wrote: || What is the name of the file that shows if the e-mails are actually || leaving my desktop. Last month someone told me to turn that on so || we could track the e-mails and I forgot to change it back. I || thought I had saved all the messages but of course they are...

I Need a Loan
I need a loan for $400 right away. I will pay 10 Cents on each dollar in two weeks. Call (909) 795-6465 -- NAK Office Support Services http://groups.msn.com/NAKOfficeSupport/ NAKOfficeSupport@groups.msn.com ...

Copy down (propagate) function/forumula needed
I have a project I'm working on where I get a huge spreadsheet and I need to "massage" the data to make it ready to load into a database. There are two issues ~ The data I want to "copy down" is in the first column. For example cell A1="some data", A2 A3 A4 are blank, A5="some data", A6 A7 are blank, A8="other data", etc. so... I want to be able to propagate whatever is in the first cell down through the all cells below whether the cell is blank -or- the cell has the same value (see cell A5). When a cell value changes, then the n...

Exchange 2000 to Exchange 5.5
I'm going to be moving my organization from Exchange 2000 running in a Windows 2000 native mode domain to Exchange 5.5 server. I will be using exmerge to import their mailboxes to the 5.5 server and then updating their outlook profiles. The users will reside in the same domain for now and will be accessing their mailboxes on an Exchange 5.5 server that resides in a resource domain trusting my company's domain. The problem that I come across is when I attempt to update the Outlook XP profile during my testing phase. The outlook client will default back to the Exchange 2000 se...

Outlook 2003: Need links that automatically updated if liked file is moved?
hi. I like to use links to internal files (emails etc) and external files (Office documents, faxes and scanned documents in .tiff format etc) in Outlook 2003. For example I may have a task to write someone a letter and when I do it I may write an email and put a link (shortcut) in the task. However, if I move the email from my sent items to a different Outlook folder the email link in the task is now incorrect and doesn't work. Or if I send a fax under MS Fax I'll put a shortcut of the fax in the task. Again if I move the fax file the task link is broken. This is just one e...

Need macro to copy a hidden row
I have a spreadsheet with rows 701 identical rows [rows 6 - 706]. These rows contain formulas, data validation, merged cells, and conditional formats. As I enter data into the rows, I sometimes need to go back and insert a row with the same formulas, validation, merged cells, etc. I thought the best way to accomplish this would be to hide row 6 (as I sometimes will change one of the rows by adding an @sum or something, so I can't be sure that the row above where I currently am working is unaltered, so I figured to use a hidden row as a "template") then access it [row 6] to copy a...

Can not change port to 379 in ADC after migrate Ex 5.5 to Ex 2003
Hi there, I can not change port 379 for Public folder connection and User connection agreement for new ex 2003 server in ADC connection Tab after i migrate Ex 5.5 to EX 2003 using ADC. (Select "Coexistent with Ex 5.5" to install ex 2003) I get error message: Unable to connect the excahnge server, please ensure that your connection are configuration correctly ID no: c103aa1d Microsoft Active Directory Connector Managerment. BTY, run RecipientDSInteg detect a problem. I can not move mail box from Ex 5.5 to Ex 2003 as well. Thank you very much for any help Brian Any event lo...

An English question about programming, need help!
In the book "Programming Server-side Applications for Microsoft Windows 2000" by Jeffrey Richter, I found such a sentence: "I know developers who don't even think twice about allocating megabytes of storage for tasks that need no more than a few kilobytes, tops." (on page 5) What I couldn't understand is the last word "tops". Who can tell me what is the exact meaning of "a few kilobytes, tops."? I'm not a native English speaker, and I think this question is more relevant to programming than English. So I post the question here other than so...

504 Need to authenticate first
Hi, I have SBS2003 installed and running Exchange 2003 with SMTP server. Everything is working fine, all emails are being send correctly, except of one. I recieve an error message: MSExchangeTransport, Event ID: 7004 This is an SMTP protocol error log for virtual server ID 1, connection #35. The remote host "194.228.24.163", responded to the SMTP command "xexch50" with "504 Need to authenticate first ". The full command sent was "XEXCH50 1944 2 ". This will probably cause the connection to fail. Can anybody help me to deliver these emails? ...

Need some help with complicated (for me) formulas
Hi all, I have a spreadsheet in which I track some chess players. I track who they have played, what color and what the outcome of the match was (Win, draw, loss). At the moment I then manually calculate how many times each player has played each color and what their score is. I then use that information to match them up with a player they have not played before. Now it sometimes happen that not all players are there and then I match up the unpaired players with one another. When this happens, it may happen that they play one another again. This image is a part of my spreadsheet: ...

Mail Routing #5
I having an issue with Mail Routing on an Exchange Server 2003 The server is configured to accept email from various domains, and is responsible for sending and receiving for these particular domain names. The issue that I am having is that one domain name for some reason is not routing. I have checked DNS records and everything appears fine. i.e. the MX records point to the correct server and this has been verified from and external source. When I create an email alias using the domain name in question all emails sent to that address appear to be lost. The recipient does not receive ...

remove whole site in EX 5.5
1. How to remove whole site in Exchange 5.5? Administartor did not allw to do this. 2. Is ti danger to remove whole site? Has somone got any expirence? thanks tadek s "tadeks@bioton.pl" <anonymous@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in news:4a3f01c3e423$999a7250$a601280a@phx.gbl: > 1. How to remove whole site in Exchange 5.5? > Administartor did not allw to do this. > > 2. Is ti danger to remove whole site? > Has somone got any expirence? What is your intent? It is dangerous to your data. Regards, -- Arlo Clizer Exchange MVP FAQ: http://www.swinc.com/reso...

Exch 5.5 usage reporting
Are there any utilities that will tell us if any users are not checking email or perhap when the last time they logged on was? We have been asked if we can verify that al users are checking their email at least once a day. ...

Remove obsolete Public Folders on Exchange 5.5 #2
I am working with a client on migrating Exchange 5.5 to 2003. In the process, I discovered public folders that still exist in the directory but do not physically exist as valid folders. These obsolete public folders were from another Exchange 5.5 server that was not removed correctly. How do I go about deleting these out of the directory? i have tried running IS/DS consistency adjuster, running Exchange Administrator in raw mode, browsing and trying to delete these folders from Outlook while logged in as Exchange administrator. All attempts came up with errors that the content is n...

urgent help needed 05-22-05
We are doing migration of data to our newcrm system. We made a mistake in mapping the data because of which the subject of the activities was not transferred properly. Now the issue is we have 500000 activities (all with closed state)) with the wrong subject name. We know what the subject should be but do not have enough time to delete all these all these activities and transfer data again. Since we do not use offline capabilities, is it safe to directly update the activity subject in the CRM database? If you are just updating the Subject, this should be safe, however it is not "...