Investment Graphs

I can view my individual investment graph but only for a year although
I have prices for more than a year. Is there a way to graph an equity
price for more than a year please?
0
SPP
10/8/2009 9:32:06 PM
money 28651 articles. 7 followers. Follow

Right click on the graph and click Zoom.  The date range will appear at the
top of the graph.  Then right click on the date and click change date.  You
can also right click on the graph and click Customize.  This will allow you
to make a variety of changes.

"SPP" wrote:

> I can view my individual investment graph but only for a year although
> I have prices for more than a year. Is there a way to graph an equity
> price for more than a year please?

0
Wally (164)
10/10/2009 2:25:01 PM
On Sat, 10 Oct 2009 07:25:01 -0700, Wally
<Wally@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote:

>Right click on the graph and click Zoom.  The date range will appear at the
>top of the graph.  Then right click on the date and click change date.  You
>can also right click on the graph and click Customize.  This will allow you
>to make a variety of changes.

Thanks for this. I find that the suggestion works great BUT next time
I look at the graph, it has reverted to the original 1 year settings
rather than the custom dates I had applied.

Any suggestions please?
0
SPP
10/11/2009 9:00:47 AM
Can't you do that in Reports? Customise a report to meet your needs and then
save as a Favourite?

Bob Peel

"SPP" wrote in message news:4j73d55098ugmgd6q94rtbqnm41k6dh1t5@4ax.com...
> On Sat, 10 Oct 2009 07:25:01 -0700, Wally
> <Wally@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote:
>
>>Right click on the graph and click Zoom.  The date range will appear at
>>the
>>top of the graph.  Then right click on the date and click change date.
>>You
>>can also right click on the graph and click Customize.  This will allow
>>you
>>to make a variety of changes.
>>

> Thanks for this. I find that the suggestion works great BUT next time
> I look at the graph, it has reverted to the original 1 year settings
> rather than the custom dates I had applied.
>
> Any suggestions please?

0
Bob_Peel (292)
10/11/2009 2:43:21 PM
On Sun, 11 Oct 2009 15:43:21 +0100, "Bob Peel"
<bob_peel@kiandra.freeserve.co.uk> wrote:

>Can't you do that in Reports? Customise a report to meet your needs and then
>save as a Favourite?
>
>Bob Peel

Good suggesrion - it works. Just curious - should it always default to
Year to Date? Can the user not define their preference?
0
SPP

Macro for Graph #3
For the following table, I have written the macro to obtain the graph But the problem is the no. of column and rows can change... So I don want to hard code particularly the first part of macro... Please help. Keyword Date Total Of Value XYZ TUV RST ABC 27/10/2003 7 7 11 100 ABC 27/11/2003 7 3 5 15 ABC 27/12/2003 7 10 200 25 Sub Graph() Charts.Add ActiveChart.ApplyCustomType ChartType:=xlBuiltIn TypeName:="Logarithmic" ActiveChart.SetSourceDat Source:=Sheets("Keyword_Analysis").Range("B2:F4"), PlotBy:=xlColumns ActiveChart.SeriesCollection(1).Delete ActiveC...

need basic help setting up a graph
Hello, I am trying to set up a chart of days and times. The X- axis shoul have the days of the week (mon, tues, etc) and the Y - axis should hav various times of the day. I would like to have a line from on specific time on one day to another specific time on the next. So, point would be monday at 10:00 and the next would be tuesday at 1:00 followed by wednesday at 12:00, etc. Any suggestions?? Thanks fo your help Davi -- Message posted from http://www.ExcelForum.com Hi David, See my attachment. Is that the situation you explained? I use formula =IF(B2<0.5,B2+1,B2) in column ...

How do I export an Excel graph into a word document?
Copy, then go to Word, and edit-->paste special. ************ Anne Troy www.OfficeArticles.com "jennyb" <jennyb@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:A9A68E8F-71CB-460F-9ADA-EF36C1D6AC95@microsoft.com... > ...

why do my graph axis titles become truncated
whenever i make an excel graph, the y axis titles are truncated. i am unable to expand the text box which contains them. is this a glitch or what? ...

Shaded 'radar' graph with markers
Good afternoon -- Excel seems to come with 3 canned 'radar' graph formats -- lines w/o markers, lines w/ markers, and shaded area. The shaded area comes w/o markers. I want to use the shaded radar graph but, if some or all of the data points are at the origin, then it's almost impossible to see. I tried to format the data series to add markers, but it doesn't seem to be there. Is there some way for me to do it? I use Office2003. Thanks in advance. Plot two series using the same data in a filled radar chart. Select the second series (it's the one in front, so i...

Grouped/outlined data only graphs when visible
hi When i group data, it has to be visible to appear on a graph. I also want it to displaye when the grouping is collapsed. I am charting data over a year. On the summary slide, i want to only see the total of all the months, however on the accompanying graph, i want to see how the data compiled over time (even when the grouping is not displayed). Can anyone help? Thanks mickey Hi, Sounds like you have the option to 'plot visible cells only' on. Select the chart and the via the menus Tools > Options > Chart uncheck plot visible only. Cheers Andy mickeykav@gmail.com w...

How do you do a graph with a second Y axis?
I need to know how to do a graph that 2 Y axises. A three sided graph so to speak with a Y axis on the left and right (different categories) and one X axis. Select the data as for a normal chart and click the chart icon. Select the custom tab and choose column-line on two axis. Refards Peter "desiree" wrote: > I need to know how to do a graph that 2 Y axises. A three sided graph so to > speak with a Y axis on the left and right (different categories) and one X > axis. ...

Help needed for sorting the data and plotting graph
Hi All, I am a newbie to the excel world. I have requirement of analysing some data that I will obtain from symbian profiler. I will be having a .txt file with values seperated with tabs so that it can be directly open in excel. In that I have around 25 colums, first being sample interval and rest are having data. My requirement is to plot a graph against the sample interval with data from 2 colums. I can specify the column name for plotting purpose. Once I plot the graph I should be able to calculate the average value of one series for those interval in which the other plotted series is cross...

How to create Waterfall graph in excel (Vista)
Hi, Perhaps you mean Excel 2007 rather than Vista, which is the operating system. Anyway have a read of Jon's articles on Waterfall charts. http://peltiertech.com/Excel/Charts/Waterfall.html Cheers Andy -- Andy Pope, Microsoft MVP - Excel http://www.andypope.info "Leanne" <Leanne@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:55EFF612-7635-4730-8F44-89C31E4251D7@microsoft.com... > Have you looked at http://peltiertech.com/Excel/Charts/Waterfall.html -- --- HTH Bob (there's no email, no snail mail, but somewhere should be gmail in my addy) "...

Issues with Reconciling 401(k) investment Account
Hello, When I try to reconcile my 401(k) account, I'm running the balancing "wizard", however none of the "Cash Transactions" for the given period are being moved to the "Investment Transations" as they have in the past. So now, when I look at the bottom left when I'm in the "Cash Transactions" account, it says "Updated on 6/30/03", but there are still cash transactions from April until June. Did I do something wrong? Or how can I delete the last reconciliation? Thanks in advance for your help- ...

Line graphs
I need to get a line graph, with two lines on, chosing which data goes on which line. I have had lots of trouble trying to do this already.. Anyone help? Thank you! Tell us more about how the data is set out on worksheet; and how the choice is made for Line A or Line B best wishes -- Bernard Liengme Microsoft Excel MVP http://people.stfx.ca/bliengme <milly-p@hotmail.com> wrote in message news:7d815e92-0757-4835-99a1-f70bff00465e@79g2000hsk.googlegroups.com... >I need to get a line graph, with two lines on, chosing which data goes > on which line. I have had lots of trouble t...

Nice Column Graph
So I have data like this: Year Month #start #end 2001 1 4 2 2001 2 6 5 2001 3 7 1 2001 4 5 4 2001 5 2 6 ..... I'd like to make a column chart where the year and month are on one axis and then I have a column for each #start and #end for each month/year pair. Is there a way to tell the chart wizard that I want to use those two columns for the x axis and then the #start and #end columns for the other? Thanks. Hi, Remove the 'Year' and 'Month' text from the 2 cells and then select and use the chart wiza...

Macro with line graph
Dear, I have huge data with different headers. I want to plot a single line graph linked with a validation with the list of all the headers. The data in the line graph should reflect only the selected header among the list. For example, In the below example i should have a button command with the validation list of all the three headers below apples, oranges and grapes. By selecting oranges in the list, the line graph should pick only the data from colA and colC.. like wise ColA ColB ColC Cold Row1 Time Apples Oranges Grapes Row2 12:00 ...

Graph: number of curves
What is the maximum number of curves (series) in a graph ? A.B. In article <79axf.14930$W03.497734@news20.bellglobal.com>, abacga@sympatico.ca says... > What is the maximum number of curves (series) in a graph ? > > A.B. > > > Check XL help for 'Excel specifications and limits' (w/o the quotes). It contains a section on 'Charting specifications' -- Regards, Tushar Mehta www.tushar-mehta.com Excel, PowerPoint, and VBA add-ins, tutorials Custom MS Office productivity solutions Hi, Charting limits are, Data series in one chart 255. Data p...

Scatter graph with text as marker ?
How do I replace the data point markers (diamond, star etc.) with text which is unique for each data point? Example .. Lets say we have this dataset: Name: Alfa Beta Gamma X: 1 2 3 Y: 2 4 8 The goal is to replace the ordinary markers with the word "Alfa" for the point (1,2), "Beta" for the point (2,4) and so on... ? - Dag How about adding the alfa, beta, etc. as data labels (use Rob Bovey's XY Chartlabeler available from www.appspro.com). Center the labels and set the marker to none (double-click the plotted series, then the Patterns tab). -- Regards, Tush...

How do I change the order of items in a graph legend?
Hello, I am trying to create charts for different timframes, have listed the data in similar fashion in two different spread sheets. When I create graphs, the order of legend is not identical in the two graphs. It needs to be consistent. Appreciate any help along these lines. Thanks, Hi, You can use the series order option in the format dialog to change the order. Double click a series to display the format dialog. Note though that the series need to be of the same chart type and on the same axis in order to manipulate the series order. Cheers Andy NsShak wrote: > Hello, I am...

How to correct wrong investment type in Money2004
In my hast I incorrectly labeled one of my mutual funds as a money market investment type. How can I correct this fund back to a mutual fund type? "Details" of the fund shows the investment type as Money Market but offers no apparent way to change it. Thanks. Ed See http://www.bollar.org/msmoney/#Q81. "Ed Haynes" <anonymous@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:6c5f01c3e614$8593b490$7d02280a@phx.gbl... > In my hast I incorrectly labeled one of my mutual funds > as a money market investment type. How can I correct > this fund back to a mut...

polynomial formula for a line graph...
Hi. I haven't looked at this feature in a couple of years. Excel can give you the formula for a charted function... what I mean is, given a few data points, it can create a best fit curve, and display the function that it used to do that... Would someone remind me where, please? Thanks. Hi, Right click the data series and pick Add Trendline. From the dialog you can choose the type of trend line and whether to display the formula. Cheers Andy mark wrote: > Hi. > > I haven't looked at this feature in a couple of years. > > Excel can give you the formula for ...

Line Graph with 2 lines
I am trying to make a line graph with 2 lines, each with its own separate x-axis and y-axis values. I've tried but cannot seem to do this. Any help would be great. 50 50 55 45 25 25 32 23 12.5 12.5 17 15 6.25 6.25 9 8 3.125 3.125 6 3 1.5625 1.5625 3 3 0.78125 0.78125 1 2 These are the two lines I'm trying to graph, with the x-axis being on the left and the y-axis on the right. "Need help making line graph with 2 lines" <Need help making line graph with 2 lines@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:B41ABFE8-4BA4-49E2-BEEE-94DC38FFF851@microsoft....

Setting up retirement investment
In Money 2004 Premium, does anyone have a suggestion for setting up IRA mutual fund investments? Is it best to set up an account called "Retirement Investments" and add IRA investments to that account or is it best to create individual accounts for each IRA investment? Thanks! It's best to create an IRA Account in Money to match each real-world IRA account that you have. In my case, I have four: one traditional, one Roth for both my wife and I to match our four corresponding accounts at Fidelity. "Mike" <anonymous@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in messa...

excel chart showing movable graph at what point we make a profit
in a business would like to make a chart based on accumulated Earnings & Profit/Loss for year to date, perhaps movable showing our break even point and by moving chart to a another earnings figure what profit we should make. For example put in earnings for YTD Profit/Loss YTD then I can move the earnings part of the chart to show what our profit would be for a given earnings figure. Alternatively If For example if we earn $200 for year so far and profit is $0 but any amount over that is 18% profit so I can move chart line to say $240 and it will say what profit I will make. Hope ...

How to fill the area between lines in graph
Hi, You do this using area charts. http://www.andypope.info/ngs/ng21.htm Cheers Andy -- Andy Pope, Microsoft MVP - Excel http://www.andypope.info "DExcel" <DExcel@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:705440A7-2EEE-4F18-8633-6025965560F8@microsoft.com... > DExcel - Two methods are: (1) Area chart (2) Error bars from calculations on the worksheet - Mike http://www.MikeMiddleton.com "DExcel" <DExcel@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:705440A7-2EEE-4F18-8633-6025965560F8@microsoft.com... > ...

How do I completely remove any record of a deleted investment?
In Money 2000, I sold an investment and deleted the investment. Now I have again bought shares in that investment but Money won't let me give the investment the same name as it had before. It tells me I can;t use that name because it belongs to deleted investment. But I have to use the exact name in order for the transaction download to work. Any ideas? -- Randy Bratton You can make the investment viewable by making a dividend transaction to that investment from any account. Once you've done that, you should be able to undelete it. -- "Randy Bratton" <RandyBrat...

Money does not let downloaded dividend payments be assigned to cash portion of Investment account
I am using Money 2004 Small Business. I download transactions from Ameritrade for my Investment account that has stocks and some cash accumulated mainly from dividend payments. This version of Money does not let me assign the dividend payment dollars to the cash portion of the account, it insists on using the dividend dollars to buy the stock of dividend payer, for example GM paid $100 as dividend, it is downloaded as such but I cannot assign/accept these dollars as cash, Money forces me to buy GM stock with it. Anu advice how to tame Money to make it accept dividend dollars as cash into th...

Investments Disappearing
Hello, Money 2004 Standard I have been investing for about 6 months now mostly consisting of stocks. Naturally, I have a lot of stocks I no longer own. The problem I am having is that older investments are no longer showing in the 'Your Portfolio' page. I have the option checked to show closed positions. In fact, many of my sold stocks are there. There are a few, however, that are not. I figured that something may have happened to my file and the transactions were lost, but when I went to the individual account's page and the cash account page, all transactions are there. ...