investment expenses

Money 2002
I would like my superannuation fund (retirement)to deduct/add fees and
taxes/interest from the account total.
I have entered these items into the activities as "other expense" but they
are not allocated a unit value so don't seem to count to the total account
value.
Should I have set this up as a cash account? I set it up as a managed fund
It is sometimes difficult to relate Australian financial info with what is
available in Money. Especially as I am not trained in accounting and we don't
have much in the way of easily available info from our financial
organisations - yet!
0
essdee (1)
11/5/2004 1:02:02 AM
money 28651 articles. 7 followers. Follow

In microsoft.public.money, essdee wrote:

>Money 2002
>I would like my superannuation fund (retirement)to deduct/add fees and
>taxes/interest from the account total.
>I have entered these items into the activities as "other expense" but they
>are not allocated a unit value so don't seem to count to the total account
>value.

You are entering the fee as an OtherExpense transaction into the
Investment Transactions register of your investment account. If you
have a Cash Transactions register, that would normally make that
register balance go negative. Normally you would also enter a Sell
transaction to raise the cash to pay that fee.

>Should I have set this up as a cash account? I set it up as a managed fund
>It is sometimes difficult to relate Australian financial info with what is
>available in Money. Especially as I am not trained in accounting and we don't
>have much in the way of easily available info from our financial
>organisations - yet!

Do you have a Cash Transactions register of your investment account?
If not, you can add one.

0
via_newsgroup (13114)

Enhance Cash/Credit Card features in BP Project Expense Entry
The BP Project Expense Entry process has a drop-down field for reimburseable expenses for either Cash or Personal Credit Card. Suggestion 1: IF you turn off the automatic posting option and stop the transaction in the PDK module you can see which line items were cash and which were credit card by looking at each individual line item. Enhancement 1: Portal should accumulate the totals for cash and credit. It is impractical to review each line item by clicking on a link and then making notes, etc. The lack of a total for cash/credit makes this feature impractical to use. Suggestion 2:...

value of investment accounts over time
I'd like to see how a particular investment account's value has changed over the past few years. This would be in the form of a graph where the chosen time period (in years or months or days) would be on the X axis and the total value of (investments+cash) on the Y axis. It would be nice if I could pick different accounts to overlay as well. How does one do such a simple basic plot in M2004? You'd think that the choice would be Reports Gallery|What I have|Account Balance History. But, when I pick that and select Customize, it only lets me select the Contributions or Cash part ...

Business Portal Project Time & Expense Email Notifications
Hi, Utilising an online system such as the Business Portal Project Time and Expense to facilitate the entry of employee timesheets and expense reports would be made even simpler by having the system cater for email notifications (such as in Requisition Management and EDD). Why is this important? Well, with setting up the system to cater for the types of users who will not be office bound, but do have access to their email while roaming, notfication of saves, submissions, rejections, re-submissions and approvals would greatly facilitate their ability to manage timesheets and expense re...

INVESTMENT & TAX PLANNING
Investments (ICICI PRUDENTIAL) Investments with high returns (Tax free) Hi, I am Sudeep Thakkar. I am working as an Financial Service Consultant with ICICI PRUDENTIAL LIFE INSURANCE, India. Our company specializes in financial security as well as tax planning and we lead through innovation to offer world class services to our customers. Many of our clients have benefited immensely from this, to achieve their financial goals. I request you for an appointment, in order to demonstrate the effectiveness of our system. This would take only 15-20 minutes of your time, but I can assure that you...

Viewing a single investment in Money 2006
I recently moved very old mny files from my old version of MS Money version 3.0 which is the version that I used for years. They transferred over just fine to 2006. Ive used Version 3 since I bought my first Windows 3.1 computer but this old version of Money, which worked on W98, won't work on XP. In the old version I could click on "Investment Account" and choose the account such as Vanguard or Schwab and then could click on "View" and open any investment in the account and view it by itself and not show the other investments. For instance if I had the Vangua...

write checks out of an investment account
Since most brokerage accounts now have credit card and check writing privilages, has anyone figured a way to use MSWN BillPay out of an investment account. I did set a dummy cash account and then transfer from that account to the investment account. Is tere a better way? In microsoft.public.money, John Schoen wrote: >Since most brokerage accounts now have credit card and >check writing privilages, has anyone figured a way to use >MSWN BillPay out of an investment account. I did set a >dummy cash account and then transfer from that account to >the investment account. ...

incorrect cost basis of investments
I just sold some stock for $33847 which I held with a zero cost basis (originally these were options converted to stock at zero basis). When I chose the lots to sell I indicated the ones with the zero basis and MONEY showed them as such, however, when I looked at the Capital Gains Report, they showed up as a cost of $37161 for a loss of $3314 instead of a capital gain of $33847. I have no idea where the program got a cost per share of $3.30 as none of my lots of this stock are at that cost. Anyone know why this happened. I went back and tried to reallocate the shares but again it showed...

Investment account balance wrong
I'm using MS Money 2004. I have an investment account. My MSMoney balance for this account is way of what the balance at the brokerage's site is reporting. Not sure what I did wrong in setting up this account. Each day I update the account online and all stocks, etc. report accurately. But the balance in MSMoney is wrong. It reports more than I actually have. How do I fix this? I was thinking maybe Money matches what is online and somehow corrects, but so far, I don't see this happening.. In microsoft.public.money, mark wrote: >I'm using MS Money 2004. I have a...

Need solution to 2 investment problems with MS-Money
I downloaded the trial ver. of M-04 and the same problems seem to exist. Does anyone who invests in stocks and bonds know the solution? Reports show incorret annual rate of return for basis in a merged company: If you record a merger of a stock using the "Record a special activity" feature in an investement account, the dollar amount of your original investment in the acquired company is transferred to the acquiring company, as it should be. When you run an investment performance report, the annual rate of return for your basis is lost. The report displays the result as ...

Afternoon Newspaper : Godrej Properties IPO
Afternoon Newspaper Godrej Properties IPO Opens Today Should you invest? By Deepak Sahijwala Godrej Properties will enter the capital market today, with an initial public offering (IPO) of up to 9,429,750 equity shares of Rs 10 each in a price band of Rs 490-530 per share, to raise around Rs 500 crore. The issue closes on December 11, 2009. The proceeds of the issue, says Adi Godrej, Chairman, =93will be used to acquire development rights for its forthcoming projects as well as for repayment of loans.=94 The company is a leading real estate development company establi...

Expense Item not in Budget View
Does anyone know how I can view transactions that have been entered but are not currently in my budget. The only budget views I can find are the actual budget and the budget vs spending report, but no where to view transactions that I need to put into the budget. You could let autobudget decide for you, although you might want to review it's suggestions before you do so. This is under the 'expenses' part of the budget. -- Glyn Simpson, Microsoft MVP - Money http://money.mvps.org Check http://support.microsoft.com/default.aspx?scid=fh;EN-GB;mny or http://money.mvps.org/faq ...

ISV solution for tracking managing mutual funds or investments
Is there a ISV solution for tracking managing mutual funds or investments? Last year I remember reading about a solution that had the functionality to track adn manage mutual funds or investments We have a basic solution called Investment Manager. Darren 604.444.9213 "Lynn S" wrote: > Is there a ISV solution for tracking managing mutual funds or investments? > Last year I remember reading about a solution that had the functionality to > track adn manage mutual funds or investments ...

help with entering data into Investment Accounts
Hello, I'm quite confused on how I should enter data into my Investment Account (a mutual fund account). Suppose I start from the beginning: I put $5000 into the account and buy some FundA and FundB. What kind of transaction are these, are they "buy" or "add shares"? Secondly, if I later transfer/switch from one fund to the other, are they "sell... buy" or "remove shares... add shares". (There isn't a "switch" transaction type). Finally, if I sell some funds and transfer the money out of the fund account, how do I do this? Use t...

Invest smart 02-01-08
How much profit can you make with one dollar? Check out this website www.forbuck.com Without any obligation, registering or other ties make cash! ...

Invest smart 02-01-08
How much profit can you make with one dollar? Check out this website www.forbuck.com Without any obligation, registering or other ties make cash! ...

How to Change Investment Type:
I made a mistake classifying a "Mutual Fund" as a "Bond" when entering that investment into my investment account the first time. The "Details" tab of that Investment is not allowing me to reclassify that as a Mutual Fund ..... How to resolve this? Thanks RK In microsoft.public.money, RK wrote: >I made a mistake classifying a "Mutual Fund" as a "Bond" >when entering that investment into my investment account >the first time. The "Details" tab of that Investment is >not allowing me to reclassify that as a Mutual ...

Problems with investment account
I have an IRA account (at TD Waterhouse in case that matters) where I had the entire portfolio (e.g. $10,000) invested in a money market. I recently purchased some stock and the downloaded transactions included the buy (e.g. $5000) and a sell of the money market to cover the purchase (e.g. $5000). Now Money is reporting that the account is the buy amount greater than it should be (e.g. $15,000). Clearly something has gone wrong. What do I need to do to get the account set up so that Money a) gets the total value of the account correct and b) will continue to track the account properly in the f...

I was told "Fields are expensive, records are cheap"
Hi, I just have a self education question. In response to one of my questions I stated that I added a lot of fields (a lot was 30 fields) to my table. The initial implementation was so successful, the user requested quite a few more enhancements resulting in the addition of 30 additional fields. One MVP who responded stated "Fields are expensive, records are cheap". I'm currious about his statement. I'm new to Access (less than a year) but I have over 30 years experience with relational databased on multiple platforms. I've always been taught the ...

specifying lots in an investment sale
When I go to portfolio manager, and select an investment. I click on More Investment Data -> View Lots, and I'm able to see the different lots I have for that investment. But when I record a sale, it doesn't ask me which lot to sell like the Help section says it should. Is there a setting that's preventing this dialog from showing up? Under Investment Setting, I've already unchecked "Track all investments as FIFO". I'm using Money 2006. In microsoft.public.money, jerrydy wrote: >When I go to portfolio manager, and select an investment. I click on Mo...

Restoring 'Investments to Watch' in '04
I somehow removed the "Investements to Watch" section from my portfolio and can't find it anymore. I would like to add invetments to watch without adding them to my portfolio. How do I open this back up? ...

Invest 6$ 1 time get HIGHEST output!!!
Discovers the "Secret of making huge money" in just few weeks.... You shall be amazed that how easy 1 can make money on internet just for doing 1 time work..[I GUREENTED U CAN TOO MAKE BIG$$ WITH THIS PROGRAM]........ http://mysiteinc.com/gohar/index.html ...

Help! any idea how to record multiple investment in this case.
Sorry for my English. My friend wants me to buy/sell stocks for him (for some reasons he cannot manage to do it on his own). He gave me cash and told me what and when to buy and sell. I recorded his cash to liability (how much I owe him) and created another investment account to track his stocks. I have no idea to manage these problems: 1. When there are gain/loss, I can see it in MS Money Report. But if he no longer wants me to do this, how and in which category will I record gain/loss I pay him back in his liability? Should I delete his investment account? Will his investment acco...

SYmbol for money market used in investment cash account
My Fidelity Investments account has a cash account that uses a money market fund for the cash. When I downlaod from Fidelity now, I get a new input for the money market fund which would be in additon to the cash portion and not correct. In Money 2002 (my version) the cash account portion is not associated with a fund and its corresponding symbol. Is there anyway I can clear this up? It seems that I need to assign a symbol to the cash portion of my investment account, but I can't see how to do it. In microsoft.public.money, Alan Holzhausen wrote: >My Fidelity Investments a...

drawdown at fixed rate over set period from investment at fixed %
I want a formula that will work out the following. I have a lump sum that I have invested at a fixed interest. I want to know how much a month/year I could get from this lump sum if I set a number of years when it would all be used up. ie say 10years when I will be 80 or 20years when I will be 90yrs. Formula to include: Lump Sum, Annual interest rate, Number of Yrs, Compounding period = Monthly/ annual income over number of yrs. One way: Assume Lump sum in A1, Annual interest rate in A2, number of years in A3: Monthly income: =ROUND(PMT(A2/12,A3*12,-A1,0),2) Note that -A1 is u...

Money 2006 - Adding Shares in Investment
I'm adding a 401(k) investment into Money 2006 trial. When I download transactions, it doesn't display the original # of shares owned, and therefore, everything is off. So I am adding shares, based on the final report for 2005 on my statement as a starting basis. (i.e. 1000 shares @ $1.35 = $1350 total worth, ) Here's what's happening. When I type in the number of shares to add, and then type in the $ of the share, (per share price) Money fails to multiply correctly. Here's a for instance. Quantity: 2.7809 Price*: 737.8251 Total: $20.52 <---- Money Calculated T...